Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 21: Advance Of The Fool - Content Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 4. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 21 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 21 episodes.

* Where to watch this episode

* HD Screen caps of this episode to be posted on this link address sometime later

* Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site:
(Translation by Tombow, with episode title from official sub on Funimation.com)
Episode 21: "Advance Of The Fool "
TBF.... (currently I'm having problem opening up pages on the official JP site.. I'll fill in this one later. ^^)

=======================================

Episode Summary: (To be filled)

Characters in this episode: (To be filled)

Locations: (excluding review and preview scenes, to be filled)

Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)

FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)
penguintruth
My initial thoughts:

- More of volume 11's overexplaining- WE GET IT! SHUT UP!
- Roy's new VA continues to shine
- I've grown accostumed to the "Fullmetal Alchemist!" guy. It only took twenty one episodes.
- How are they explaining how the Xingese can sense the homunculi if they've never encountered them in this series (thanks to scene cutting)?
- Maybe it's just the bad streaming from Keyhole, but did they just SKIP THE SCENE WHERE ENVY COMES TO GET DR. MARCOH?!
- LOVE the scenes with Edward going around fixing things to attract attention! Hilarious.
- Scar, you don't have to wear that hood. They know who you are. It's a poor disguise.
- I still find it hard to believe that Scar is SUCH a difficult opponent. I mean, really. Fine, we get it, he can deconstruct things. But he shouldn't be half as fast as he's protrayed. The guy is like the Flash.
- Love Mustang pretending to be several people on the radio.
- Henry Douglas is starting to LOOK like Henry Douglas! AMAZING!
- Oof, Gluttony, that kick from Ranfan had to hurt.
- Episode ends RIGHT at the end of volume 11. Thank god that volume is over being adapted.
amestris_star
I'm definitely going to wait for the RAW and the sub this time considering how epically fail the live streaming was today.

And yes, I think they have something against Marcoh and his scenes tongue.gif

And we have screenshots:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/08/30...brotherhood-21/
Hotmustard
OH MY GOSH! The raw was already out? shock.gif Gotta watch it now
rzerox21xx
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Aug 30 2009, 03:22 AM) *
I'm definitely going to wait for the RAW and the sub this time considering how epically fail the live streaming was today.

And yes, I think they have something against Marcoh and his scenes tongue.gif

And we have screenshots:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/08/30...brotherhood-21/

I don't care what anyone said, I glad they kept the manga humor in this. The episode looks sweet and I glad they kept the Denny scene of Armstrong remember Mario Ross. Looks like they kept Roy chewing out Riza for some Royai sweetness. Can't wait for the next.

for some reason, I can picture the dialogue of Ed getting closer to Roy. Ed = Comon Roy, lets keep the yaoi fangirls happy. Roy = Get away from me you freak or I'll burn you! Wow did I make my own cap summary?
FailToImpress
The screenshots look good, I can't wait to watch the sub!
Zii
They kept most of the funny scenes that I could be bothered remembering, so I'm happy. I'm not sure how they'll explain Marcoh's disappearance though...? In a way it adds suspense, but it's also clear why they skipped it. wink.gif
Chiyo
After taking out all the humour from the scenes with Hoho I'm glad to see screencaps of comedy moments...even better that there are so many straight from the manga. The action also looks really quite impressive.

This is only screencaps review though, I realise they have skipped Marcoh and altered things again.
amestris_star
And summary of Ep. 22 is up on the official website.

http://www.hagaren.jp/about/story02.html#story02
Michiyo-
The live streaming was really bad today, but the raw is up now, so I was able to watch it in a better quality.

Overall it was a good episode. I'm glad they kept so much manga humor this time. Ed fixing things in the city was hilarious. biggrin.gif

Marcoh was cut completely from this ep,it looks like we'll only see him again when he meets Scar.

The cliffhanger at the end was good, too, the same ending as in Vol. 11. And the action will continue in the next episode.

Now I'm waiting for the subs to come out.

Womie
I love this episode. It's really funny XD I can't wait for the next episode.
TheSentinel
Lust was waiting for Dr. Marcoh when he got back to his house, after he had given the note to Fullmetal. It was a very short bit in ep. 6 I believe.

As for the episode as a whole, it looked awesome. It looks like they kept all the military interaction which is great. Overall I think the episodes starting from ep. 17 have been really good. Its not the manga, but it follows the manga close enough and for all intents and purposes is the manga animated. These parts are definitely my favorite part of the series.

Oh and Wrath does not mess around, I remain curious as to how anyone will actually take him out.
Hotmustard
This episode is about a lot of talk and not much of action, but thanks to that I feel the pace is starting to be slower and thus satisfactory. I love Ed's fox face (or Suneo-look-alike laugh.gif ) when he made fun of Roy.
Thalogens
For a second I thought they were going to bring in Ranfan's awesomeness which they cut out earlier. I was wrong. Oh well. The animation itself looked much better in this ep than ep 20 - what was wrong with Ed's face??

*Waiting for subs*
HannahBlack09
The episode was really good.

Ed fixing things was really funny and they explain the whole thing about how Ed is sleeping for Al and himself.

The only thing that didnt seem to fit was that suddenly they knew that RanFan and Ling could sense the homunculi when they never actually had been in front of one...

There was a lot of talking and not much action, but next Sunday is going to be epic! tongue.gif

I cant wait for the subs happy.gif
Mr. Deathy
I was pretty impressed with the ep, mainly because of the amount they managed to retain. A lot of it I had imagined them maybe thinking they could get away with cutting but they kept the majority of the hospital scenes (although with some dialogue trimmed as usual. No joke about "doneness" sadly!).

Next ep preview looks like some Ishval stuff is being animated? There's only one panel of that in the manga version of the fight. I wonder if they're going to do most of the Ishval stuff before the actual flashback and then just spend one episode on it when it comes.

Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Aug 16 2009, 10:46 AM) *
-Looking forward to the next episode. Looks like another battle with Scar. I hope they keep the scenes of how they lured him there, and they don't just stick him there randomly. Ah, hell. I know that's what they're gonna do. dry.gif

I stand here happily corrected. Thank you, Bones. <3
edo little kid
Loool funny , lovely , awesome ep ^^
Ed vs Roy XDD
I think the art look little different today,,,,
but I love it <3
aaaaaah the next ep!!!!!
can't wait , can't wait !!
Serb Alchemist
Is there any 21. episode sub. for download!?
Kaosugoji
QUOTE (TheSentinel @ Aug 30 2009, 07:23 AM) *
Lust was waiting for Dr. Marcoh when he got back to his house, after he had given the note to Fullmetal. It was a very short bit in ep. 6 I believe.

It was. In fact, the open-ended nature of that scene might explain why the Envy/Marcoh scene was cut. I frankly wouldn't be too broken up if it turned out Lust simply took Marcoh prisoner right then and there instead of threatening him and later coming to nab him.

QUOTE (Serb Alchemist @ Aug 30 2009, 02:52 PM) *
Is there any 21. episode sub. for download!?

If you like nonsensical translations, you can download Punch's sub.
Krokgard
This episode was really great, they put a lot of manga stuff in it and the beginning of the fight (Homunculus vs Xing and Elrics vs Scar) gives me great hopes for the next episode! They also made very well the hospital scenes and the comic ones... I can say i'm really satisfied this time.
QUOTE (kausugoji)
If you like nonsensical translations, you can download Punch's sub.

Mhhh, probably it was the subbed version that I watched... some times the subjects of the sentences change without any appareant reason (and other strange things like that).
Kyelinn
The episode was good but I'm still disappointed with some of the art...I dunno, it just doesn't look right in some places and I don't know about you but I'm getting SICK of seeing Ed in that same old jacket. His jacket changed awhile ago in the manga. Are they EVER gonna change it? Ugh x___x It was a good ep and I'm really looking forward to next week's. The scene with Havoc (even though the subs I watched were god-awful <.<) was well done and quite emotional. I really felt for the poor guy. ;_; Poor Havoc. I love Mustang's determination. Hawkeye looked very strangely drawn in this ep too. What is wrong with the artists? Why does it seem like they're lazy with the art style every now and then? Ah well, anyway good ep I suppose.
Sword Alchemist
Ed's face when he was teasing Roy about being afraid of Scar was hilarious. It was such a curious "what the heck" moment.

A small appearance by Denny. Although he did look way too cheerful for someone whose best friend was recently "killed."

I loved how Ling kept in that sitting position as he was kicked out the window.
mersaydee
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Aug 30 2009, 05:02 PM) *
The episode was good but I'm still disappointed with some of the art...I dunno, it just doesn't look right in some places and I don't know about you but I'm getting SICK of seeing Ed in that same old jacket. His jacket changed awhile ago in the manga. Are they EVER gonna change it? Ugh x___x It was a good ep and I'm really looking forward to next week's. The scene with Havoc (even though the subs I watched were god-awful <.<) was well done and quite emotional. I really felt for the poor guy. ;_; Poor Havoc. I love Mustang's determination. Hawkeye looked very strangely drawn in this ep too. What is wrong with the artists? Why does it seem like they're lazy with the art style every now and then? Ah well, anyway good ep I suppose.

I think it's the different studios - they try for uniformity, but you can definitely see the difference in some episodes. Turns out the artwork I like best generally comes from Bones' in-house guys, though I think an outside studio did Ep. 19, which was just amazing. happy.gif
Kaori Ayanami
QUOTE (mersaydee @ Aug 31 2009, 03:56 AM) *
though I think an outside studio did Ep. 19, which was just amazing. happy.gif

When I saw the Roy vs. Lust fight, I thought right away "this looks like Production IG's animation". That studio made the O-Ren Ishii animated short in Kill Bill. Who knows?
Mhacy
i love the episode...
i got to see LanFan once more xD
the fight scenes are incredibly done..^^
Ed vs. Scar...biggrin.gif
I cant wait to see EdWin for the next ep...xD
Radadinator
I dunno, it just doesn't look right in some places and I don't know about you but I'm getting SICK of seeing Ed in that same old jacket. His jacket changed awhile ago in the manga. Are they EVER gonna change it?

Ed's jacket changed? huh.gif
I thought that he kept the jacket until the stuff in Vol. 13, and then he used a military? black jacket temporarily, and then made a new one much later in like...Ch. 80--something.

QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Aug 30 2009, 08:12 PM) *
QUOTE (mersaydee @ Aug 31 2009, 03:56 AM) *
though I think an outside studio did Ep. 19, which was just amazing. happy.gif

When I saw the Roy vs. Lust fight, I thought right away "this looks like Production IG's animation". That studio made the O-Ren Ishii animated short in Kill Bill. Who knows?

Oh dude, seriously? I love that movie.

Anyways, still need to see the episode, but the screenshots look good.
Not to be defending Brotherhood too much, but since Episode 19 I just thought that they cut out Ran Fan vs Envy and Gluttony because of Pride's voice. Obviously in the manga, you couldn't tell who it was, but maybe they just couldn't think of a way to disguise it or distort it. I imagined Pride talking like a normal kiddish...Satanic demon instead of some mesh of voices like Truth. It's still a plot hole, though.
paperstars
Methinks they're getting better - or maybe it's just because we're approaching the whole Scar and Winry gun scene, which I love.
Nope, Ed's jacket is still the one with the flamel cross on it, but I agree it'd be nice to see it change. Btw, Radadinator, the flamel symbol in your avatar is awesome, did you draw it?
I think my favourite part HAD to be when Ed was being a helpful little alchemist and fixing or, (in the case of the pram, redesigning) people's stuff. wink.gif I'm way more happy than I should be that they kept the pram in, Ed's freaky design taste makes my day.
Chiyo
Kyelinn - I agree about the artwork, something seemed off for me too. It's like Ed was too cute (basically he and Winry were the same person with different hair and eye colour), Roy looked too female, when they spoke mouths were opening too wide. But then after the comedy "Ed's fixing everything" scenes it seemed to sort itself out.

Ed will have to change his jacket fairly soon since he nearly destoys his current one before wrapping it round Winry. I can't remember but isn't the red coat now banished until the final battle approaches, i.e whats in the manga now?
Nzm
Not bad EP, but really nothing special. The music was so curious that I've forgotten almost every melody after watching the episode. Funny scenes were nice, but sad moments (Havoc) weren't emotional enough. Next EP might be awesome though. Also, translation was bad. I understood everything but it was filled with mistakes.
Jealous Rogo
After a week off we're back with an episode which is sure to please many as they didn't skip alot this week around, and that which they did skip, was forgivable and in one case, made it better in my opinion. Without further ado, here's my thoughts:

- Liked that they kept Mustang's chiding of Hawkeye, is a good moment.

- Ohoho, I see what you did there BONES! Cutting to Hohenheim when Wrath mentions Father, trying to make us still believe their the same person despite GIVING THEM DIFFERENT VOICE ACTORS

- Glad they kept the 'decomposed Al' joke, is one of my fav jokes from the Manga.

- They forgot to mention that Mustang knew Knox was on duty that night... eh no big deal, just makes Mustang seem REALLY lucky

- So they cut Envy's scene at Marco's place and do you know what, it works. It makes Marcoh's disappearance more mysterious

- Hmmm... Scar's return lost a little of its impact this time around, seeings as he's not really left the anime for an extended period of time like in the manga

- So THAT'S how they're explaining Ling's interest, eavesdropping. Better than anything I could think of.

- The scene with Havoc. Nuff said.

- The scene with Ed fixing stuff just made me twig that this episode has ALOT of the exaggerated style changes that are fairly frequent in the manga. Is nice to see.

- Ed and Mustang are such children.

- I actually laughed when the rock hit Ed on the head.

- Gluttony was so adorable when he's speaking to Ran Fan and Ling, was like a kitten or something. A big slobbering kitten. Of doom.

- Good cliff hanger, exactly the same as from Volume 11.

Next week should be good fun, although am I the only one who got the feeling that the preview was trying to pull the same trick as the preview for episode 19? Though if you think about it, the dialogue the narrator uses applies to both Ling/Ran Fan and Ed/Winry

Also regarding Pride's 'appearance' being the reason Envy and Gluttony got cut during the fishing incident. I'm not too convinced by that, but we'll soon find out if that's true. Though the fact they cut Selim begging his teacher to let him go see the 'tiny Alchemist' does not bode well
SunnyDaiki
It might sound mean but i really like Roy's sad look @ ard min. 17:08 when he was talking about Havoc's condition tongue.gif And Ed's appearance in this eps was just waaay to hilarious biggrin.gif
Kyelinn
QUOTE (Radadinator @ Aug 31 2009, 01:15 AM) *
I dunno, it just doesn't look right in some places and I don't know about you but I'm getting SICK of seeing Ed in that same old jacket. His jacket changed awhile ago in the manga. Are they EVER gonna change it?

Ed's jacket changed? huh.gif
I thought that he kept the jacket until the stuff in Vol. 13, and then he used a military? black jacket temporarily, and then made a new one much later in like...Ch. 80--something.

I'm not talking about his red coat, I'm talking about that little black jacket-shirt thing he wears. He's wearing this one at that point in the manga http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/42/05/ and they still have him wearing the same one he wore that clasps only at the top and then hangs open. I think that one is just flat out ugly. x_x I just wonder if they're ever going to change it to the appropriate one he wears.
edxwinryfan
All I can say is that I can't wait for the next two episodes for all the EdxWin smile.gif
Womie
All I can say is that I can't wait for the next two episodes for all, the EdxWin smile.gif

Me too. I think it will be a really amazing episode.
But episode 21 was really good to me. We can see improvement in graphic. And just I love this episode. I can't wait for the next!
FailToImpress
Okay I watched the sub, and my god, the subs were hard to understand lol.
Radadinator
QUOTE (paperstars @ Aug 31 2009, 01:06 AM) *
Btw, Radadinator, the flamel symbol in your avatar is awesome, did you draw it?

Yep I did, and thanks! :'D

QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Aug 31 2009, 06:42 AM) *
I'm not talking about his red coat, I'm talking about that little black jacket-shirt thing he wears. He's wearing this one at that point in the manga http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/42/05/ and they still have him wearing the same one he wore that clasps only at the top and then hangs open. I think that one is just flat out ugly. x_x I just wonder if they're ever going to change it to the appropriate one he wears.

Oh, that one.
(Amusing how the original series payed close attention to that manga detail, haha.)
Maybe during Briggs? I forget if he had that particular jacket then, though.

Ed's antics are definitely one of the best parts of this episode. Such curious expressions. XD;
I really hope that they keep this expression in later:
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/64/05/
(Hope that link worked.) Since that's probably the weirdest one Ed ever got.

And I bet Arakawa was laughing at us all when she dressed Selim up all cutely like that.
penguintruth
It was a pretty good. It had some good moments with Roy and his crew, some action, and plenty of humor, most of which felt natural.

As it's been mentioned, trying to link together Hohenheim and Father, as if they were the same, seems a little pointless now that they have two noticably different voice actors. It was interesting, though, that they got through the whole "why Wrath didn't kill Roy" scene so quickly, and without Father even being there.

I've never been a particular fan of any one member of Roy's group. As a whole, I think they're one of the best teams in manga/anime, but none of them stood out in particular to me. But now I've sort of become a fan of Havoc. He never hit me so much in the first series or the manga, for some reason, but in this series I just want to root for the guy and hope for the best for him.

I'm pretty upset at the lack of Marcoh scenes. I realize they can save up all that for later when Envy threatens him in his holding cell, but the build up of Marcoh as this guy who is too weak-willed and feeble to do anything is important for later actions. One of my favorite later scenes is Marcoh-related, and I can't see it having as much impact now that there's so little of him in this series. I mean, at least the first series killed him off when they were done with him. In this series, since he plays a bigger role, he should be there.

They sure did resolve the problem of the Xingese having not encountered the homunculi until now, just with a few lines. Frankly, I'm impressed, though it would have been nice to have seen Envy turn into the dog.

The part where Ed goes around fixing things and everthing gets real baloony and super-cartoonish was hilarious.

I'm so glad the show is done with volume 11. It was one of my least favorite volumes of the manga. Next week should have plenty of action with the brothers continuing to keep Scar at bay and the Xingese taking on Wrath and Gluttony.
Jen_Elric
ugh, the subs were soo bad. The fansubbers actaully subtitled "The Dad", instead of "Father", and "My child", instead of "my subordinate" (when Mustang talks about Havoc's injury.

Well, aside from bad subs, it was a good episode! I wasn't disappointed at all.
No Envy fight with the Xingese, but I have a idea why. But Gluttony and Wrath fighting them is good enough. I especially liked that they kept in "How many people do you have in you", though they had Ling say it, instead of Ranfan.
Good cliffhanger!
The manga humor was great! I especially loved when Winry beat up Ed, and his soul was rising up, Al grabbed it and put it back in Ed! lol
I'm also glad that they kept Roy's line to Havoc, "I'll keep going. I'll meet you at the top". Havoc 's reaction was perfect.
I liked how they had the Marcoh scene. Made it very mysterious. Though, they do need more of him. He's VERY important later on.

Next episode look great!
Full Metal Elf
OMG...that was epic!

The animation was incredible! I cannot wait for next week. Everything from this point on is just crazy! I'm getting so excited thinking about it. I hope the animation stays this good, but I won't get my hopes up.

I have no major complaints. The Scar fight towards the end was O___O;;;;;;; lol

And T___T Havoc...
Red Kitty
Loved this episode. Feels like we're getting on track after last week's slight disappointment. The pace is slowing down generally, (I think they wanted to rush all the stuff they'd done before slightly), and it feels like we're scene cutting less.

Bones also tied up the gaping plot-hole with the Xingese not knowing anything about the homonculi. Shame that they couldn't tie up the one with Ran-Fan being able to detect them (a couple of lines of dialogue could of done it: 'I feel something!' 'Huh?' 'Is...it a homonculus?' - something less cheesy at least).

They cut out Marcoh, which was a bit annoying, though I think it added a little more tension without knowing he'd gone. They can probably fit it into a flashback at somepoint or another.

But there were a lot of good points:
-They put in the explaining which they should have kept last week (at least it was included), about Al's body. And it did make more sense.
-I'm glad they kept in the hospital moments, with Roy and his crew.
-Riza's voice was much better this episode, or is it just me?
-Ed's fixing things/helping out was very funny - there were a lot of excellent manga humour moments in this episode.
-And we had the awesome fight with Scar at the end, as well as a neat little LingxRanFan moment after Wrath (I still think him as Pride version 2) comes after him.

To be honest, this episode got better as it went along. But hopefully the rest of the episodes will meet with this standard.

As for the Hohenheim/Father comparisons they keep doing, I think Bones is deliberately trying to fool us, or pull a twist on us somehow. I know if I were watching the series never having watched Series 1 or read the manga, I would have suspected there to be some kind of connection at least. Even with the different VAs, I (being the wacko conspiracy theorist I am), would have thought maybe Hohenheim undergoes some kind of transformation (that sounds really cheesy, I know), that he could turn into Father, or Father is his subconscious alter-ego. I would have suspected some kind of Darth Vader moment in there somewhere later on between Ed and his father at least ('OMG my dad is teh evilz!' etc, etc. - except Ed would never say that). I actually don't mind what they did to Hohenheim last episode (even if they did hack his character to pieces with a machet), if it's delibrately trying to create an image like that. Reverse foreshadowing. They might be overdoing it a tad, almost as if it's too obvious Hohenheim is real baaad.

Still, it will be quite funny after having all these 'Hohenheim is evil and you know it!' vibes, we see him several episodes on helping out Rose in the soup kitchen, where he suddenly reverts to his quirky nature (I sincerly hope, unless they're planning on screwing with the plot again).

And I agree, the fan sub was awful for some odd reason. But it was still an excellent episode.
Full Metal Elf
I have to add another thing I LOVED about this episode...the manga humor. It was played-out SOO well! It just fit right in and I was so happy and impressed. I really, really hope they keep this up. I don't know how many seasons they're doing...but there are only 4 more episodes left of this season if they do a usual 25 episode season? If so, they can end at a really intriguing spot with all the action we're getting into now.
FMAobsessed
I was very pleased that they kept the Roy chiding Riza scene. And Havoc telling Roy to leave him behind was sad. But it really followed the manga.

I loved the sequence where Ed was doing alchemy around the city to get Scar to come out. And Al was in the background with the fan jumping and dancing around.

Wrath is very fast.
Vagrant
For the first time in a long time I kind of enjoyed an episode of Brotherhood. (although I haven't re-read the manga, so I'll probably end up grumpy and negative again)

It was genuinely funny and had a good amount of comic moments (particularly the part with "Brother's soul!"), and it seemed to get plot across quite well. The weird art and style for Ed's altruistic alchemy was good too.
And as stuff heated up towards the end, I got quite into it.

My only complaints were I already remember they've cut the bit with Marcoh. And since they cut him and Lust's combat in the early episodes, they basically seem to be painting him as a bit of a wuss. Since they've missed the whole "Come with us or we will destroy this entire town". And the cool thing with Breda being told he'd visited Marcoh before, as well as the fakeout that came with it earlier. (plus it bridges the logic gap that the Homonculi took him)
Also, one piece of music seemed to be used badly at one point.

Oh, and although it's unfair to cite prior episodes, the ending reminded me how they moronically cut Ran Fan and Ling's previous fight with Gluttony and Envy. I WANTED TO SEE LING SLICE GLUTTONY IN HALF GODDAMN IT!
Michiyo-
Did anyone else notice that the Cameo guy is here again? biggrin.gif

However not in the same scene as in the manga:
Forsaken Love
i loved the part where ed went around fixing things! That was hilarious, and i Loled at the 'brothers soul' bit where Al grabbed it and put it back in Ed's body, it made a funny sound XD
penguintruth
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Sep 2 2009, 09:28 AM) *
Did anyone else notice that the Cameo guy is here again? biggrin.gif

However not in the same scene as in the manga:

I noticed that, too.

I never noticed this cameo guy before coming here, but now when I read the manga or watch the show, I look for him and am surprised the number of times he appears.

That cameo guy gets around. Has somebody asked Arakawa about him?
brownsky
loved the episode. but i have been getting kinda bugged with the rearranging of things in the anime. its been getting me lost between the magna and anime. i also am really dissapointed that ling and ranfans fight was left out of ep 19 and had no connection leading to the fight with them vs wrath and gluttony. i feel like the fight with them against envy and gluttony really adds to the reasoning of why they are soo confident about being able to catch a humonculus... oh well.
they had better add something about the whole marcho incident though or ill be dissapointed.
all in all it was an awsome episode. i cant wait to see the upcoming ones, soo much action to be shown.
thunderbreak
i guess bcos i read all these left out points so i dont feel too much dissapointment-still i would like to see them in.....i think the second meeting of marcoh is absolutely cut so that when we next see him in brotherhood it would be where scar meets marcoh(ie marcoh directly captured to father's lair)

aside from that ,i really enjoyed this ep.every side(ie mustang/ed n al/ling 's) look cool.Mustang VA puts a good per4mance along with Havoc VA,and as mentioned,you could see the chemistry between them.i really like the military part.also ,I think Riza's part per4m really well here.and i like this ep music.sure ,we only get new music at halfway,but it does no only feel mismatched yet it is nice.i like the music where ed's repair the things.there's sort of michevious quality when use along that scene.it wasnt entirely original sound,yet that familiar music feels good at that time.

i like the funny parts,ed's,as well as ling scene.i am glad ran fan gets her line at the middle,and the final scene of hers is fantstic.and when ling's scream" ran fang at the end,ihe sounds a lot like the chinese tone(ie lan fang).

overall this is a pretty exciting ep.we see great action,on tempo scenes,and i hope the next ep would be worked by Nakamura(small hope).
but of course i would not like to see they smash another drama scene.
Tombow
Please add FMA:B English dubbed episode 21 (on CN on Adult Swim) talk-back/discussions here. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.