Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Would You Classify Yourself As?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Semiotic Alchemist @ Oct 22 2006, 04:59 PM) [snapback]463587[/snapback]
. . .Edit: you're from Berlin . . . .? wait a minute, does this have something to do with Hitler . . . and the hassidic guy . . . I'm not liking this . . .

IPB Image
Popogeejo
*Has idea for new debate topic*
Thanks Toby and the other silly person.
Toby-Chan
What the heck are you on about? I'm talking about pastries, you racist poo!
Popogeejo
But the n00b thought you was teh Nazi, you ugly face >:C
Slashrose1010
How does someone not know that Ich ben ein berliner means by now?

@Foolish person: It's a famous quote from one of Kennedy's speeches. A berliner is a jelly-filled donut/pastry. So he said "I am a jellyfilled donut", basically. If I were a jelly donut, I would snack on myself... mmm, donut.
Ailuro
Aha, I'm reminded of Eddie Izzard.
Semiotic Alchemist
I should know that Kenedy once made a speech, and in it said he was a donut in german? I'm sorry that I didn't.
AndroidLust
QUOTE(Funderful @ Oct 21 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]462941[/snapback]

...and Irish music...

For cereal? IPB Image
Fushi
I classify myself as...

A shy Canadian dirty minded psycho pervert.

Ha.

Okay, getting 'serious' I guess...what labels do I classify myself as?
Hmmm...really, there's only one label for me, and that's closet pervert. Except for my close friends no one in Real Life knows what a little pervert I am. They all think I'm just the quiet girl in the class who does nothing but draw...
Even my friends have come out saying "You look all sweet and innocent until you open your mouth and start talking." hee~

And then there's "fangirl" but I'm ashamed of that label so let's not go into it...>>
Chyna
blah. I might be an emo. :mello:
hehe, hoodies, tight jeans, T-shirts, MCR.....
yeah, I think I'm an emo.

But I don't think the world's after me!!! :mello:
Kal Rommel
My friends went through a phase of this one day at the lunch table...we were classifying everyone...

They looked at me...
Friends: "... ... ... Geek."
Meh: "WOOHOO!!!!!!"

They know I'm a fangirl and love weird things. Like huggling magazines that have pictures of Ed in them or something.
And they know I'm a Grammar Nazi...I love being a Grammar Nazi.

So. I'm a Geek, Grammar Nazi, and I'm a Band(Flag) Geek...I'm set for life.
Sharingan Serpent
Well I'd classify myself now as a goth, Saiyuki Fanatic laugh.gif
Funderful
It won't let me quote.
In response to that comment a page back or so;

Well, if you put it that way.
Feh. Tomboy, I guess?

By the way, I'm in highschool too.
I know who my friends are, with or without labels.

I usually hang around with the punk/emo/goth kids, I think that may have effected meover the last few years.
People have called me Emo before, but I don't really appreciate it.
You'd never guess, would 'ya?

Meh.
I wear alot of earthy colours.
Black, brown, dark green.

Also, MCR bugs me.
Listen to The Misfits. happy.gif -Thumbs up-

Hurrah for Jeans! 'Tis all I wear!
Kal Rommel
QUOTE(Funderful @ Oct 29 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]467608[/snapback]

Heck yeah!!! Jeans are perfectly fine. -never worn anything else-
Jato
QUOTE(Kal Rommel @ Oct 29 2006, 12:52 PM) [snapback]467653[/snapback]

QUOTE(Funderful @ Oct 29 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]467608[/snapback]

Heck yeah!!! Jeans are perfectly fine. -never worn anything else-

I love jeans...

I'd classiy myself as something new. I'm punkish, artsy, an actor, smart, and angery and a religionist.
I'd call myself...a mutant.
Semiotic Alchemist
no you're more like a hybrid. Like me, I think I defy all laws of labelism. Is it possible to be a popular geek? Or even a drama/jock? How about a girly and manly at the same time? And a smart burnout? An ugly attractive person? I am all of these. It's so weird . . .
AndroidLust
QUOTE(Funderful @ Oct 29 2006, 07:49 AM) [snapback]467608[/snapback]

Hooray indeed! Jeans are lovely (even though expensive). Skinny jeans, bootcut, flares, low-riders, hipsters, boyfriend jeans....*sigh* I could go on and on... biggrin.gif
Jato
QUOTE(Semiotic Alchemist @ Oct 30 2006, 12:39 AM) [snapback]467909[/snapback]
no you're more like a hybrid. Like me, I think I defy all laws of labelism. Is it possible to be a popular geek? Or even a drama/jock? How about a girly and manly at the same time? And a smart burnout? An ugly attractive person? I am all of these. It's so weird . . .

I applaude you diffience of labelism.
Semiotic Alchemist
Hooray indeed! Jeans are lovely (even though expensive). Skinny jeans, bootcut, flares, low-riders, hipsters, boyfriend jeans....*sigh* I could go on and on...

how do you feelabout guys wearing tight girl jeans? or even other girl clothes as seems the growing mode these days . . .? An um, what would you classify these people as it is a growing norm that doesn't apply only to the gay or the emo crowd?

and thanks Jato sgood to have someone for the cause.
silentsky
my friend called me an emo... though i don't realy kno what that means...
Kenji
I am a forum whorer at another forum...and basically I like to include "..." in all my posts. Believes and practice "Equivalent Exchange" theory... Sounds silly huh... haha..thats me...
InsaneFangirl
A friendly outsider.
esrz22
I'm a geek/nerd/etc. And proud of it. Very proud. laugh.gif
Razzy

Same here. I love my jeans <3

I am a nerd/freak/loser. But, if I wasn't a loser, I wouldn't know who my real friends are happy.gif

Recently, my friend has been calling me emo. She may be joking around, but I think I may be about... 10% goth. Mainly because I'm one of the very few kids in my grade who can go into Hot Topic without getting scared to death. Hot Topic is one of my favorite stores XD (I don't buy clothes at Hot Topic, only FMA, NMBX, Corpse Bride, etc. stuff) I'm also one of the few kids in my school who can pick Hot Topic over Abercrombie.
Kenji
QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Feb 2 2007, 10:33 AM) [snapback]499788[/snapback]

Same here. I love my jeans <3

I am a nerd/freak/loser. But, if I wasn't a loser, I wouldn't know who my real friends are happy.gif

Recently, my friend has been calling me emo. She may be joking around, but I think I may be about... 10% goth. Mainly because I'm one of the very few kids in my grade who can go into Hot Topic without getting scared to death. Hot Topic is one of my favorite stores XD (I don't buy clothes at Hot Topic, only FMA, NMBX, Corpse Bride, etc. stuff) I'm also one of the few kids in my school who can pick Hot Topic over Abercrombie.

OOh...don't be so underestimate urself [others too that grade them nerd]... Fashion is now all Do-It-Yourself. Don't imitate other artists style..make your own style!!! Take practicality and throw it out of the window!!! If you doesn't like how a shirt looks, take a penknife, shred it and sew it together with a plain tee and you have your own uniquely designed apparel... Or you can even sew it on your jeans to make the camouflages look... A general tip will be black and blue goes on with every colour...

I always change my hairstyles depending on what occasion I am going... Radically shaped if I about to meet someone I am going to meet someone that I knew love to call me a nerd/geek some century ago... Casually-spiked if I am going out to play, arcades, bowling with friend that I knew and close with since I know no matter what hair I done up, they will still impressed with it... flattened mushroom-like head if I am at home or going out to Tesco/Carrefour to get myself groceries.

Razzy
OOh...don't be so underestimate urself [others too that grade them nerd]... Fashion is now all Do-It-Yourself. Don't imitate other artists style..make your own style!!! Take practicality and throw it out of the window!!! If you doesn't like how a shirt looks, take a penknife, shred it and sew it together with a plain tee and you have your own uniquely designed apparel... Or you can even sew it on your jeans to make the camouflages look... A general tip will be black and blue goes on with every colour...

laugh.gif
Thanks for the tips. I will keep them in mind. happy.gif

I love being me. This is what my friend says (about me and her), "We're not losers, we're loo-zahs!" =D

I always change my hairstyles depending on what occasion I am going... Radically shaped if I about to meet someone I am going to meet someone that I knew love to call me a nerd/geek some century ago... Casually-spiked if I am going out to play, arcades, bowling with friend that I knew and close with since I know no matter what hair I done up, they will still impressed with it... flattened mushroom-like head if I am at home or going out to Tesco/Carrefour to get myself groceries.

Here is a list of my hairstyles:
School: Ponytail
Weekend: Ponytail/ Don't even bother
After school stuff: Ponytail
Hanging with friends: Ponytail
Formal stuff: Hair pulled up like Riza's hair
Everything else: Ponytail

As you can see, I'm a very exciting person when it comes to hair styles.
Kenji

QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Feb 2 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]499808[/snapback]

Here is a list of my hairstyles:
School: Ponytail
Weekend: Ponytail/ Don't even bother
After school stuff: Ponytail
Hanging with friends: Ponytail
Formal stuff: Hair pulled up like Riza's hair
Everything else: Ponytail

As you can see, I'm a very exciting person when it comes to hair styles.

So you are a girl...okay...DIY fashion will seem easier to you... since girl can wear what boys can and can't wear except briefs and boxers.... XD

Your hairstyle seem to be okay... I love girls to have ponytails... The only boy that I love to have ponytail is Ed. XD hahaha...
Try use hair wax to make Out-of-Bed hairstyle. It is considered semi radical for girl's hairstyle.

Want a more radical hairstyle? Buy ourself a tub of Loreal Studio Line Styling Gel and finish the whole tub to make your hair gravity defying style. Twist and turn the hair, don't style it like a broom...Once done, you can pin a butterfly, flower or other hair accessories that appropriate. Can even put something else such as lightweight chains...A chinese fan can be put on too but before styling make sure there is a slot to fit in the fan. hahaha... now that's nasty!!
Envy II
I don't classify myself.

When people classify themselves they become that stereotype. Just don't do it.
Kenji
@Saxophonist so I assume you are I-goes-on-with-what-I-am person...

The only matters me is my hair... I doesn't take fashion seriously... I create my own hair styles, even the hair stylist ruin my hair, i still able to create a nice looking albeit a little awkward hairstyle.
Chiyo
Kenji: I'm afraid I'll have to correct you, they do make girls boxers now....boys have nothing of their own anymore. Although pink is this seasons colour for men.

And out of bed isn't radical hair anymore, its pretty standard. When girls were walking round with mullets last year nothing can surprise me.
Kenji
O.o ...girl boxers... gotta check it out in stores...

Yeah..Out of bed is not radical...but still semi radical as I mentioned...

Perhaps bald girls will surprise you... ahahaha XD
Raenef_the_fifth
Hmm . . . my friends and I are DIFFERENT (from other people) . . . pretty much :
We all get high grades,
wear jeans and a t-shirt (I hate skirts, but dresses are worse)
with running shoes, once in a while platform shoes (that'd be me)
I've been classified as emo before (stupid online personality quizzes)
I like to wear the colours black, red, and blue
I usually get weird looks for wearing my FMA shirt
We talk about our favourite shows. (FMA, Supernanny, Supernatural, Naruto, and Eureka 7)
We all use weird nicknames (Goose, Goose-a-lini, Turducken <-- That's what I'm stuck with)
We talk about / laugh about things that scare other people / creep them out, including:
'Can I smoke your shirt?' <-- mine 'I look like an ape side-view!' <-- blink.gif my friend 'Stop it, or I'll force feed you Wasabi! <-- mine 'And you just whip it out!' <-- my friend, commenting on me usually, pulling things out of seemingly nowhere 'Shut up, or I'll draw on your face with this' <-- me with my permanent markers, once with a purple gel pen
(You get the idea)
What my friend once answered after being asked by a geography teacher about her drawing (probably wondering what she was doing, drawing during class) asked what operation was happening to the person on the table
Nooo!!! It's a person swinging on a chandolier!(sp?)

My friends and I also burst out in really loud laughter a lot, scaring everyone around us.
So, yeah my friends and I don't seem to have a classification. (besides being extremely weird)
Black Zero
Tall, good looking/handsome, straight teeth, and middle class.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Black Zero @ Feb 2 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]499980[/snapback]
Tall, good looking/handsome, straight teeth, and middle class.

So you're a bastard? tongue.gif wink.gif
Razzy

Don't worry; the same thing happens when I wear my FMA shirt.
yUme Of LiGhT
hmmmm..I'm wear my clothes normally..I just it make sure that I'm confortable with it..
sweety_pie
QUOTE(yUme Of LiGhT @ Feb 3 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]500248[/snapback]
hmmmm..I'm wear my clothes normally..I just it make sure that I'm confortable with it..

1)That was spam. it had nothing to do with this thread,
2)It made little sense. Please type in complete thoughts/sentences.

Sorry. I classify myself as an SAK... I guess.
Miss Sweet
QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Feb 2 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]500010[/snapback]

Me too, only with my Naruto headband (I almost always wear it Sakura style). Well, weird looks, insults by fucktards mispronouncing it, or cheers from people who watch it. LOL.
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Miss Sweet @ Feb 3 2007, 02:01 AM) [snapback]500272[/snapback]
QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Feb 2 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]500010[/snapback]

Me too, only with my Naruto headband (I almost always wear it Sakura style). Well, weird looks, insults by fucktards mispronouncing it, or cheers from people who watch it. LOL.

Please do not spam. That had nothing to do with your age.
Also please do not use that 'F' word, it is against the rules.
Kenji
Why are they considered spam when they are only making statements on how they look when they wear shirt/headband?

Oh...my first time saw a F word posted... This is a very harmony forum...please don't do it again... ^.^

Is this post considered spam too? Please delete if it is... ^.^
Chiyo
^ There are many more things that make you who you are other than your clothing. Stating you wear an FMA t-shirt just says you wear and FMA t-shirt. You must explain why thats makes you who you are, what might others classify you as? What music do you listen to that might make you different.
Kenji
OOh..okay..now I get it...seem to me that everyone in this forum needs to be specific...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused...
Thanks for the information you given me... I hope I can post better next time... ^.^
Chiyo
No need to apologise, you got it right when you posted, and you have to learn along the way as it is. And I just realised you mentioned Tesco, you must be one of the only people here to know Tesco.

Anywho I noticed that a lot of the time I might be classed as emo...but that I have been who I am for years and way before the term emo was ever invented. My clothing changes depending on my mood, but my music and cynical feelings stay the same. Best category to put me in would be snob I suppose.
Kenji
Thanks for your understanding
Tesco is like Wal Mart in here... The 3rd largest hypermarket chain here albeit Wal mart is No.1 in US... XD

Wearing clothes obviously needs moods... I will not wear bright colours when I am sad/disgusted... Nevertheless, it is good to accept "what I am now" for years...
Chiyo
^Its our number one supermarket, we don't have Wa-Mart.

*is beaten for being off topic*
Kenji
Should not be a problem finding nice beautiful clothes in Britain right? You have Jimmy Choo there but in here in his hometown there is none...
[Since u said Tesco is number one in your country so I got a hint from where you hail]
Chiyo
I don't shop at Tesco, it's just the number one store. I try to look smart you see, but not exactly the same as everybody else. We do have nice clothes but rarely anything special. And yes I am in Britain.
Kenji
Tesco is just for groceries...hahaha

There is no any place dedicated to sell stuff for teens? We have a place here called StarHill and this is the heaven to find clothes no where can be found...
Envy's Lady
I don't really think I classify as any of those categories. I have always just been myself, never really tried to follow any trends/groups.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.