Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Would You Classify Yourself As?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Mrs. Edward Elric
QUOTE(i_love_the_elric_bros @ Sep 17 2005, 10:25 AM)
LABELS ARE FOR POSERS AND POSERS SHOULD ALL DIE
[right][snapback]286724[/snapback][/right]

How the hell do you think this world would be without posers? Chaos. I'm not a poser and I don't think anyone in this forum is a poser as well except for maybe YOU. With out "posers" the clothes and other industries wouldn't make money, plus the celebrity world wouldn't mean much if no one watched them and wanted to be like them.
fullmetal_4eva
I don't lable myself. sleep.gif I'm just me! ;D
hitokiri
you know what? i don't think i've ever written an entry in this... well first off are there such distinctions for people over the age of 20? i'm definately not a punk, skater, or goth... and i think you have to be white to be a real preppy...

hmmm... well some people have described me as the world's most lovable elitist.. but i'm not elitist, i hate everyone equally. then again, i do have some elitist traits... i refuse to pump my own gas, i dislike the smell it leaves on my cigarette smoking hand. i take pride in never having serviced my own vehicle in anyway, grease + clothes = ruined clothes. i don't do manual labor, i did it all through high school and part of college so no more in this lifetime. i don't even do my own laundry, i just send it all out for delivery wash and fold with pickup.

but i also enjoy the simple things in life... making fun of fat people, watching bums fight over a moldy bagel, that first taste of the cream on top of a guiness when it comes from a nitrogen tap, a nice sausage hoagie with onions from the street vendors in little italy, throwing hot dogs to make dog walkers get dragged away by 12 or so dogs, cock blocking people with no game at clubs...

so what do you classify an evil, gregarious, designer label wearing, hard drinkin chinese guy as?
Carnal Malefactor
hitokiri is like the Asian Denis Learry Bill Hicks.
Kills4fun
Id have to label myself as a Gamer
Velious178
Hmm, I'd label myself as naked *nods head*
Kills4fun
Ok... blink.gif
Dystopian Rhetoric
Define myself by how I dress? Uh... jeans, t-shirts, shirts, the occasional suit for more formal occasions.

Boring then, I guess.
KajiRisu
I'm a nerd. I wear normal clothes but everyone at school is seriously afraid of me. And half the people I don't even know. I run up to people at lunch, showing them the burrito I bought, and screaming "Don't do drugs!!!".
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(KajiRisu @ Sep 18 2005, 01:15 PM) [snapback]288119[/snapback]

I'm a nerd. I wear normal clothes but everyone at school is seriously afraid of me. And half the people I don't even know. I run up to people at lunch, showing them the burrito I bought, and screaming "Don't do drugs!!!".

Why are they afraid of you? Because you're smart? Well so am I but people aren't scared. huh.gif
Ha! I'd be cracking up if you did that at my school! XD
adamclark
bobo. i am a bobo.

sort of a shrew, a little bit of chum, but mostly girble.

bobo.

let's here it for the bobo clan!
my_gunshot_romance_xX
i would lable my self as "punk" cuz yah know i wear all blck i have all pants biggrin.gif ummm........i listen to only rock music and i act like my self..........i dont know haw but i do lol um........yah...............BEWAER!!!!!!!!!
Fullmetal Fugazi
well lets see......the way I dress is closer to skater but with a twist. I like Rock, Alt, Rap, and some Pop, R&B, a little jazz and classical. My personallity is basicly a blend of all my different life experiances. One of my best abbilities it that I can addapt and overcome most any situation/perdicament I'm put in. I try to live life similar to Bruce Lee's TAO (belief) of fighting, "be like water" water can take any shape, it can be soft and gental yet it possesses the ability to errode(destroy) mountains. It is the ultimate addapter.
Blitz
Hmmm. I suppose I dress pretty normally. Usually jeans and a t-shirt will do me fine with my Rainbows. I CANNOT STAND PINK. There's pink everywhere at my school since it's prep infested. The girl-preps need to pull their skirts/pants DOWN. They pull it up so high you can almost see their asses. *shudders* I'd group myself in the "normal." I'm not nerdy or anything or a fashion freak. The "nerdy" group at my school has some nice people who like manga but, they just...don't seem to socially fit in. You know? I do wonder why preps spend all their money on pieces of cloth that are colorful. *puzzled*
Carnal Malefactor
...this thread is mortifying...
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(my_gunshot_romance_xX @ Sep 21 2005, 07:35 AM) [snapback]289898[/snapback]
i would lable my self as "punk" cuz yah know i wear all blck i have all pants biggrin.gif ummm........i listen to only rock music and i act like my self..........i dont know haw but i do lol um........yah...............BEWAER!!!!!!!!!

All pants?! ohmy.gif How do you survive the summer? huh.gif

Thievesvinegar
Punk? Skater? Baller? Preppy? Goth? Good god, stop with the cut and paste labels. I've gotten over my phase of hating mainstream labels, now, the hate has turned into pity. It's bad enough that kids copy trends they see, to a point of mass-production, but it's even worse when they think that they are being "individuals" when they do so. Like I said pity. But the irritation sometimes breeds hate again. Oh and emo is one of those on the more annyoing side, yes the world is against you so you cut yourself for expression. Bullshit. I'll show you what cutting really means.
The Un-holy Alchemist
i switch from baggy stuff to not so baggy stuff (havent really got into the fasion thing). pnats thru the summer is a piece of cake, i cant remember last time i used shorts. and i dont go out without something on my head
Fullmetal Fugazi
QUOTE(Blitz @ Sep 21 2005, 05:10 PM) [snapback]290006[/snapback]

The girl-preps need to pull their skirts/pants DOWN. They pull it up so high you can almost see their asses. *shudders*

Oooohh sounds like a nice view to me tongue.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fugazi @ Sep 22 2005, 06:54 AM) [snapback]290434[/snapback]

The girl-preps need to pull their skirts/pants DOWN. They pull it up so high you can almost see their asses. *shudders*

That's so wrong dude sleep.gif

zombie
At least im not the only person to think like that.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 21 2005, 11:08 PM) [snapback]290270[/snapback]

Punk? Skater? Baller? Preppy? Goth? Good god, stop with the cut and paste labels. I've gotten over my phase of hating mainstream labels, now, the hate has turned into pity. It's bad enough that kids copy trends they see, to a point of mass-production, but it's even worse when they think that they are being "individuals" when they do so. Like I said pity. But the irritation sometimes breeds hate again. Oh and emo is one of those on the more annyoing side, yes the world is against you so you cut yourself for expression. Bullshit. I'll show you what cutting really means.

[stands and applauds]
i_love_the_elric_bros
QUOTE(Mrs. Edward Elric @ Sep 17 2005, 09:36 AM) [snapback]286729[/snapback]

QUOTE(i_love_the_elric_bros @ Sep 17 2005, 10:25 AM)
LABELS ARE FOR POSERS AND POSERS SHOULD ALL DIE
[snapback]286724[/snapback]

How the hell do you think this world would be without posers? Chaos. I'm not a poser and I don't think anyone in this forum is a poser as well except for maybe YOU. With out "posers" the clothes and other industries wouldn't make money, plus the celebrity world wouldn't mean much if no one watched them and wanted to be like them.

Dude, the world would be a much better place without posers. As i said before they should all DIE or be theirself and not try to be cool and stuff. And how the fock am i a poser u prep?!?!?! i am who i am and posers should be who they are! gosh! fricken idiot!
mei_tenshi
*cough*it's poseurs*cough*

And would you mind taking this argument elsewhere? huh.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Sep 21 2005, 02:16 PM) [snapback]290012[/snapback]

Hear hear. sleep.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 23 2005, 02:30 PM) [snapback]291093[/snapback]

Hear hear. sleep.gif

Shouldn't you be in school? blink.gif
Blitz
QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Sep 22 2005, 01:00 PM) [snapback]290468[/snapback]

QUOTE(Fullmetal Fugazi @ Sep 22 2005, 06:54 AM) [snapback]290434[/snapback]

That's so wrong dude sleep.gif

Yes, that is WRONG!! In fact, it's even more disturbing to me since I happen to be FEMALE!
Carnal Malefactor
...I like short skirts... but not when they're being worn by girls who aren't old enough to drive yet. I feel like a dirty old man when I'm out and about sometimes, because of the way the jailbait flaunts itself. ~_~;;
Haru-San
i think when girls wear the really short skirts its disgusting!
hitokiri
i love how people who aren't old enough to get into a decent club think that they know what scandelous clothing is...

and as for why people spend so much on clothes... here's my take... so you can look good and get ass. simple as that. while i know some people are going to say... "but hito, it doesn't matter what you wear..." all i have to say to that are bullshit and grow up. who wants to be around a guy that looks like he goes shopping at the salvation army?
Thievesvinegar
What you wear reflects the kind of attention you want and the type of person you want to whore yourself out for.

And the really short skirts are fine - but ONLY when the female can pull it off. For god sakes. Only when they can.
Jellybean
Yeah, I don't have anything against people who wear revealing clothing if they look good enough to wear it. But for God's sake, I do not want to see any more girls wearing tight shirts that hug the areas where their bras cut into their freaking backfat. Also, no extreme-lowrider pants on girls with those sub-bellybutton tummy pooches, and no thongs sticking above the pants on girls with love-handles. (Although, the thongs above the pants look pretty trashy even when they're hot.)
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Sep 23 2005, 04:40 PM) [snapback]291129[/snapback]

...I like short skirts... but not when they're being worn by girls who aren't old enough to drive yet. I feel like a dirty old man when I'm out and about sometimes, because of the way the jailbait flaunts itself. ~_~;;

Aw come on Bacon, we all know you're a dirty old perv rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 23 2005, 07:42 PM) [snapback]291222[/snapback]

And the really short skirts are fine - but ONLY when the female can pull it off. For god sakes. Only when they can.

I don't like really short skirts. I feel offended when I'm forced to look at some chick's arse, and even more so when they can't pull it off dry.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Sep 23 2005, 11:35 AM) [snapback]291094[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 23 2005, 02:30 PM) [snapback]291093[/snapback]

Hear hear. sleep.gif

Shouldn't you be in school? blink.gif

Study Hall. biggrin.gif

If I hear the term "Prep" or "Poseur" used one more time in any context, I'm going to kill. sleep.gif
Fan_Alchemist
I wouldn't really classify as anything really.

I'm just me.
KajiRisu
QUOTE(KajiRisu @ Sep 18 2005, 02:15 PM) [snapback]288119[/snapback]

I'm not the classic nerd, I'm the anime and manga nerd. Who needs therapy. I'm smart sometimes... Mostly they're afraid of me because I act so crazy. And because most of the people at my school hate anime and manga, so they think that anyone who actually likes it is retarded...
Ed#1Fan2.0
I am just me.Wierd and at times when i must i act normal.But for some wierd reason my cousin calls me goth.I dont know why.He calls people all kinds of names.
seventh_sky
It's hard to classify me...I'm..I guess...crazy XD

Part nerd, part quiet person, part person who talks to much, if that makes any sense...
zombie
Iím going with dead man walking, so many people want me dead.
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(zombie @ Sep 26 2005, 04:17 PM) [snapback]293034[/snapback]

Iím going with dead man walking, so many people want me dead.

Why?
Haru-San
i am such a freakin nerd
i wear the goofiest stuff just cause i love it when people make fun of my clothes
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 23 2005, 07:42 PM) [snapback]291222[/snapback]

What you wear reflects the kind of attention you want and the type of person you want to whore yourself out for.

So what kind of person are you trying to whore yourself out to?

I would say that I'm a super nerd/jock.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 23 2005, 04:42 PM) [snapback]291222[/snapback]

I've heard a lot of wanking on the topic of clothing and how important/unimportant it is.

Really, when it all comes down to it, Clothing is a societal neccessity to keep all the hoo hoos and wee wees of the world covered up. Beyond that, there are some people who want it to look pretty. I am one of those people. I don't buy into the clique-ish mentality of clothes defining personality, however maybe it's just my artistic mind that I like for things to look pretty. And what I consider pretty is rather broad, so I'll wear whatever the heck I feel like wearing, and won't take crap from anyone who cares to argue otherwise about the theology of the material I use to cover my nakedness. The end.
Haru-San
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Sep 26 2005, 09:34 PM) [snapback]293239[/snapback]

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 23 2005, 04:42 PM) [snapback]291222[/snapback]

I've heard a lot of wanking on the topic of clothing and how important/unimportant it is.

Really, when it all comes down to it, Clothing is a societal neccessity to keep all the hoo hoos and wee wees of the world covered up. Beyond that, there are some people who want it to look pretty. I am one of those people. I don't buy into the clique-ish mentality of clothes defining personality, however maybe it's just my artistic mind that I like for things to look pretty. And what I consider pretty is rather broad, so I'll wear whatever the heck I feel like wearing, and won't take crap from anyone who cares to argue otherwise about the theology of the material I use to cover my nakedness. The end.

amen!
shogunskey
i would classify myself as the shy type, until i know the person better and then the shyness goes away
Kakashi
I classify myself as y0y0y0y0 g-g-g-g-unit.

I'm pretty casual. Jeans and a t-shirt.
A Song of Storm and Fire
2 words

-Anime Otaku-

Anything I wear has something to do with anime or just has a funny quote on it. Mainly you can see me in my black jeans, red FMA hoodie, brown boots, and my big sound-cancel headphones around my neck. Anything else I just throw on myself. I don't care what I wear as long as I'm comfortable and I can run around in it.
Automne
Wow, that's just great A Song of Storm And Fire! I don't show my passion for anime much but I often wear my FMA bracelet and necklaces since I'm in highschool (it wasn't easy to wear them before without getting a weird reputation.) though my friends often asks me what does it represent especially when I have my Ouroboros necklace... happy.gif;;
I wear normal clothes like jeans, tops, anything I'm comfortable with but since a while I'm going for more gothic, darker clothes, same with make up. I'm normal, I guess but I'm only familiar with people when I know them well.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(A Song of Storm and Fire @ Sep 30 2005, 09:58 AM) [snapback]294489[/snapback]

2 words

-Anime Otaku-

Ew.
zombie
~{I’m going with dead man walking, so many people want me dead.}~ ZOMBIE

~{Why?}~Fan_Alchemist Posted Sep 27 2005, 09:30 AM

so i have crap net and cant do the quotes.
I STAND UP FOR PEOPLE NOT ME BUT FOR MY FRIENDS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.