Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Would You Classify Yourself As?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Bling_bling_Angel
wink.gif We all know that most people like to classify themselves or other people... we're not trynna discriminate here, or anything like that... but yeah... also, I don't "jugde the book by it's cover"... but nowadays, you can usually tell what kind of person someone is, by how he/she dresses, right?

What do you classify yourself as???

Before I became a teen... XD, I was a bit of a "Gothik-Lolita"... you get me??? AKA... frills, ribbons, lace... black, grey, black... white, occasionally...

In my earlier teen years... [gosh, I'm SO old: 17! laugh.gif ] I was classified as a "preppy", because not only did I have a school unform, but I was so into plaid mini-skirts and consevative neck-ties... tongue.gif

Around 14 ~ 15-ish, I became a "baller"... not your orthodox McGrady-Jersey b-baller... I wore [and still do, now, sometimes...] SOCCER jerseys... bu~ut, it was enuff 4 peepz 2 classify me as a "baller"... dry.gif

At 16, I reached the "girly" stage... flowery sandals, frilly skirts, pink, pink, light red: otherwise known as pink... Nuff said.. I'm sure you can all imagin what I'm talking about... wink.gif

Now... I've got leanings towards being a punk-chic... A'la "Mod-Squad"... sorta returning 2 my preppy neck-tie dayz... this time, with more plaids, belts, chains, and--of course!--fishnet stockings...

Yep... I'm a fashion chameleon, alright!!! laugh.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
Tom Sawyer >W< right now
Ailuro
Err. Other? I just wear normal stuff. T-shirt, pants. Life is good.
I try to get stuff that matches. And it usually does, and sometimes it doesn't, but I don't care.
I'm not really into fashion or what others think of my clothing. And if I had to be put into a group it would be the nerd/anime-loving/hyper/artist/crazy group.
Yep. That's about it. o.o
And Grammar freak group.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Nov 10 2004, 10:35 PM)
Err. Other? I just wear normal stuff. T-shirt, pants. Life is good.
I try to get stuff that matches. And it usually does, and sometimes it doesn't, but I don't care.
I'm not really into fashion or what others think of my clothing. And if I had to be put into a group it would be the nerd/anime-loving/hyper/artist/crazy group.
Yep. That's about it. o.o
And Grammar freak group.

wink.gif Vey nicely put... tisn't the clothes that make the person! I admire unique individuals like you... well done! smile.gif
xrninja
hmm...."ordinary?" i wear what pretty much the rest of my school does...jeans, a shirt or t-shirt, and a hoodie. i believe that if you have a nice pair of jeans you can wear just about anything on top and it'll look fine...i love my jeans <3

when i'm dressing up a little nicer i like to wear a white tank top/wife beater with a collared shirt (floral or striped) over it with a few buttons unbuttoned. and then a blazer or denim jacket on top with my lesportsac bag or if it's even dressier my longchamps one. but usually it's just the shirt and hoodie, i'd rather be confortable than look nice =P

and my friends have pointed out that i wear the a lot of abercrombie compared to the people in my group. i don't look like the type (sleepy asian girl with ponytail and glasses) so you wouldn't actually be able to tell unless you look at the labels on my clothes. it's like a rich trendwhore-y stereotype here but i like their stuff so oooh well.

groupwise i have no idea. bordering on nerdy yet not really. anime freak? during homecoming a lot of people just called me "the artist." for cliques at school i'd be in the journalism one...it shrunk a lot though because a lot of people in the group graduated last year sad.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Jeans go well with almost anything, no matter what you brand yourself... biggrin.gif
Gashole
I'm an outcast and am happy about it. I think.

And I personally think people who classify themselves as a member of a certain group are just wannabes. tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Gashole @ Nov 10 2004, 11:14 PM)

And I personally think people who classify themselves as a member of a certain group are just wannabes. tongue.gif

blink.gif O~kay then... if it makes you a happy, no problemo!!! biggrin.gif
Gashole
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 10 2004, 10:12 PM)
but nowadays, you can usually tell what kind of person someone is, by how he/she dresses, right?

Not really. You won't know the things I do from the way I dress. wink.gif
And Avril Lavigne(*randomly bringing up a name*) can't skate to save her life. rolleyes.gif Just another poser.
wolfi1412
when I was small, I was like tom-boy or something, coz I always play with my cousin, which is a guy.

now, I don't know
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Gashole @ Nov 10 2004, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 10 2004, 10:12 PM)
but nowadays, you can usually tell what kind of person someone is, by how he/she dresses, right?

Not really. You won't know the things I do from the way I dress. wink.gif
And Avril Lavigne(*randomly bringing up a name*) can't skate to save her life. rolleyes.gif Just another poser.

You are correct on that point; however, I beg to differ... wink.gif

I did not mean to classify ALL people under that category...

Let me re-phrase myself...

Nowadays, you can usually most people by the way they dress...

If you live where I do, you'd know more clearly what I mean by my initial statement, although I do understand your point... rolleyes.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Gashole @ Nov 11 2004, 06:14 AM)

What she said.
Quistis88
When I was young, I wore T-shirts and sometimes the occasional dress shirt with a collar. I used to tuck my shirt into my pants, too. biggrin.gif

But now, I think I'd classify myself as a "lady". That is, only from the time I started wearing blazers (I love them so much!). Other people have described me with "sophisticated", so I guess that could be what I am. *shrugs*
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 11 2004, 12:32 AM)

But now, I think I'd classify myself as a "lady".  That is, only from the time I started wearing blazers (I love them so much!).  Other people have described me with "sophisticated", so I guess that could be what I am.  *shrugs*

wink.gif Nice... "sophisticated"... Well put...! Yeah, I like blazers, too...

As for the "tucking" the shirt in??? I'll be we all did... laugh.gif
Lady Battousai
I'm an easy going teen who is a half nerd and a half motherly person. Aiyo kadavule!

I prefer studying then hanging around accept for internet of course! (sleep.gif' I'm such a net-freak) And I can be very modest too.
Kihaku
People who don't know me classify me as nerd/swot... which is completely ridiculous because I'm far too lazy to study and don't undertsand really anything about computers or stuff like that... I guess people just noticed to "good" marks I got (but miss the part of me flunking maths biggrin.gif )

I don't know if I belong to any certain "group"... early teens I was a tomboy/loner sportsgirl(boys hated me for that..hahah). Now I'm in a sports school so no one really cares about that. Apart from nerd/swot(which I am not ) I'm probably weirdo bohemian(my friends would say eccentric wink.gif ) Clothes...? I'd say that I dissappear into the background... although at times I and mostly my hair are such a mess that people probably shudder. It's not that I don't care about my looks, because I do... My conscious isn't just always where it should be.
Bling_bling_Angel
wink.gif Hey, don't feel bad or alone... I ace all my subjects... except for... MATH!!! HA! I loathe it!!! laugh.gif
-=] AkunoToraNo Ouji [=-
UHhhmm, this question is always tricky for me..

Play varsity football and friends with all my team mates so kinda a 'jock' ? but yet not,..my gf is in the band and says she'd never date one of those jock type but says im diff and one of a kind lol. I got all types of friends, friends with about everyone, dont really dislike people.

As for what i wear, pretty much how i feel determines that. If i wanna dress up i can look very nice or i can just go jeans and a nice shirt, or even down to nike shorts and a old shirt.

You are what you are, dont have to fall in a classification tongue.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I'm a subspecies of goth with a bit of anime geek tossed in.

basically, all of my clothing is darkcoloured, though not always black. Most of it is tank-tops or long sleeved, and then jeans and various types of boots. I have goth boots and then my more simple ankle boots.

however, i don't quitw have the personality of a goth, more of an anime geek, hence the sub-species hybrid.
Kihaku
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 11 2004, 05:55 AM)
wink.gif Hey, don't feel bad or alone... I ace all my subjects... except for... MATH!!! HA! I loathe it!!! laugh.gif

Almost the same with me! Well I'm pretty bad at all the subjects that require a lot of reading(I like to read, but not that kind) and maths...
Just because I happen to be "good" at a few subjects people assume all kinds of things.
Fullmetal Elric
lets see....anime geek/ punky/ warcrafty/ computery goodness?
wolfi1412
oh, I'm a band geek too!
SailorSev
I'm a geek! I used to read all the time. I've only been to like a couple parties in my life.

I'm also an a capella freak. For those of you who don't know, there is an a capella culture. We're singers, but we're really ADD and we like to act silly on stage and tell stupid jokes.
Sycia
Overall my own mother calls me a weirdo.

I guess it's quite depressing for a normal fella to be called a weirdo by his/ her own mother ever since ya can remember, but hey, that means I stand out in some (odd) way to her lol. Nothing to do with clothes or outer appearance though.
-Zhou Yu-
Im a barely caring person dry.gif
Alchemist-Mage
I'm probably the most diverse here if I was to catagorize myself. unsure.gif I'd say I am mostly a Loner, but I do like to read, and play video games on my Xbox, but there are a few PC games, and I'm also tryin to write a book.
Sapphire Alchemist Naur
I don't believe in classifications, all they do is create divisions among people. Of course I've never really completely fell into one individual category according to people. I've been called nerdy, preppy, gothic, gamer, slacker, work-aholic, ect. I've been all around the spectrum.
Chain Alchemist
clothing style wise, i'm not really anything. I just go for comfortable and reasonably fashionable.

but due to my personality, I was always part nerd. when i was a kid, i was part nerd part brat. now, i'm part nerd part gamer geek.
Crowley16
Is failure a class?

As in, I consider myself a failure?
Queenozelight
I wear most of the time only blue...My shoes,my coat,Tshirts,jumpers,jeans....Some people who know FMA call me the Fullblue alchemist!XP...Sorry,I promise I won't waste your time...I'll just shut up...
Carnal Malefactor
I just noticed... what the hell's a 'swot'?
|Alphonse|-Elric
id say im a punkish skater a good one 2
i'm sure. ohmygod, i skate, i'm punk, i'm so cool.
Blade42
Can I say insane?
|Alphonse|-Elric
some 1 do somthng bout this guest hes so (word nuaghty enough not to be said) , hes a jack azz and i think hes a pain do somthing about him.............. dry.gif
Blade42
Ignore him, he's just being a loser by making fun of you.
|Alphonse|-Elric
yup lol couldn't have put it better my self (wasn't gonna put the ' in doesn't becuase quistis might correct me again O_o just okin but no really quis stop it lol
Quistis88
I'll stop correcting once you start typing coherently.
|Alphonse|-Elric
humph * shuffles off in a tiffy* lol tongue.gif
Blade42
Yeah, Quistis has been correcting you for almost every thread you're in.
Quistis88
Well, maybe not correcting in every thread. Just retorts, I suppose.
luciferownsme
I'd say I'm either a satanist/witch or an insane artist...depends if the jock labelling me is looking at my sketch book or my necklace.
Blade42
I said almost every thread.
|Alphonse|-Elric
he stalks me man dry.gif he follows me to inssure my right spelligness dry.gif *shivers*
Quistis88
Ahh, my apologies. tongue.gif My eyes must be going bad. Getting old, I say! biggrin.gif
Blade42
I'm re-classifying myself. I'm a gaming person. I pley games at least 10 hours a day.
Hole
Oh yeah, me too. I'm a forum person (the proof being my being here since an hour ago), a turkey person (been eating and will be eating turkey for the next 2 days--leftovers), and a math person (been doing so much calculus I'm getting extremely well at arithmetic).
l|Kouga|l-Youkai
hmm hard to decide i guess im a gamer i play like blade has said for 10 hours maybe even more a day^^ dry.gif
Quistis88
If I had a jealous bone in my body right now, I'd envy you guys. biggrin.gif Gaming for 10 hours a day . . . that's how much I spend working on school stuff! tongue.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(Hole @ Nov 26 2004, 10:48 PM)
Oh yeah, me too. I'm a forum person (the proof being my being here since an hour ago), a turkey person (been eating and will be eating turkey for the next 2 days--leftovers), and a math person (been doing so much calculus I'm getting extremely well at arithmetic).

i'm definitely a breathing person. been doing that for the past seventeen and a half years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.