Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Common
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2
lunneth
i want you guys to post something other than anime and manga thta you are interested in and i want the next person to say whether they are interested in it. (might be copying hot or not a bit) the main idea is to see what you have in common with people (especially those you don't have much in common with)
i'll start: photography
Hagaren_4ever
Oooh, I love photography! Especially editing them on Photoshop to make them look like a real work of art. That I find very fun.

Okay, let's see if I'm doing this right. You want to say something I'm interested in? In that case, how about...
music! I'm a high school marching band member, you know.
Aribelle
I love it too! I used to play the flute up until my senior year of high school haha. I played in the orchestra and also I played for the musicals our school put on in the spring. It was a lot of fun.

I'm interested in the human body. Anatomy, physiology, all that stuff. I think it's so fascinating.
Little Washu
No way, that kind of stuff freaks me out...

Video games?
Omamori
As of late, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts as a stress reliever...
And...I love it =w=
Though, for the most part, they usually make me dizzy ^^;

I'm largely interested in the occult/metaphysics such as alchemy, tarot, and the supernatural.
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Aug 17 2009, 11:05 PM) *
I love it too! I used to play the flute up until my senior year of high school haha. I played in the orchestra and also I played for the musicals our school put on in the spring. It was a lot of fun.

I'm interested in the human body. Anatomy, physiology, all that stuff. I think it's so fascinating.

I love that too! I went to the Bodies exhibition in Atlanta a couple years back. I found it very interesting. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rosicrucian @ Aug 18 2009, 12:17 AM) *
As of late, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts as a stress reliever...
And...I love it =w=
Though, for the most part, they usually make me dizzy ^^;

I'm largely interested in the occult/metaphysics such as alchemy, tarot, and the supernatural.

As for Kingdom Hearts... I still haven't gotten off the island. And I bought the game, like, 5 years ago. Note: I haven't been trying this whole time, I put the game down and didn't touch it again until recently, but still. Sad.

Not a big fan of the supernatural. ^^''

I like designing and sewing as a hobby. Especially making cosplay outfits. Deciding which clothes would go best and stuff like that. My friends and I are going to model the 7 deadly sins (not homunculi, our interpretations of the sins) as a project. (How we managed to make a beautiful "gluttony" outfit I will never know.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at this:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uplo...541_480_469.jpg
Little Washu
I like BUYING cosplay, but not making. Too much work. And I can't make them and not make them look cheap...

I guess this only applies for girls but...I LOVE going shopping for bras and underwear. I think it's fun. Like, aerie and Victoria's Secret, HEAVEN.
No one will agree with me on that...
lunneth
.....................ya prolly right there
well lets see. i ahve something in comon with somewhat two other people. interesting. i was suprised this would get much attention. anywas who likes: strange art. what evers wierd i guess. i saw some really good stuff in a london art gallery recently
aribelle: i know what you mean. when i got the first vol of fma on dvd i listed the ingredients of the human body and tried to memorise them. now when ever stuff about human anatomy comes up in class i usually know the answer. now its 3 people.
btw guys if you can keep list of who you have stuff in comon thats great but if you don't want to then thats fine too
Hagaren_4ever
I love weird art, Lunneth! Surealist art is awesome. Just trying to figure out what the heck I'm looking at is always fun. My sister and I once went to an art shop in Savannah, and as we were leaving my sister said, "That was like a freakin' drug trip!" Then cashier looked at us funny. O////o

As for Little Washu's comment about shopping for underwear, and not a huge fan myself, but my friend Victoria obsesses over that kind of thing. Once she asked me to go into the dressing room with her and help her pick stuff out. I was like.. "I'm pretty good wear I am, thanks." XD

Anyone like writing as a hobby?
Little Washu
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Aug 20 2009, 05:15 PM) *
"I'm pretty good wear I am, thanks." XD

Where. Wear us as in to be wearing like clothes, and where is referring to a place.

Sometimes.

Anyone like the way an organ sounds?
Omamori
*raises hand* Church organ, very creepy and eerie; I love it =w=

Book lovers? Y'know, fans of Milton, Dante, Bradbury, etc.?
lunneth
not particularly.
hagaren_4ever: i like writing as a hobby
if i think of soemthing that i can use in my book i just write it even if its not a chapter i'm focusing on. well this worked out better than could be expected
Omamori
I love writing! Tis a hobby of mine also, and, at the moment, I'm working on a novel; still working on the outline, though.

Alrighty, hmm...anyone else a fan of Broadway musicals?
Little Washu
A few. I've only seen Wicked, but there are a few more I'd like to see.

Okay, has anyone else been mistaken for the opposite gender online?
(People have thought I was a guy...what guy is obsesses with Kakashi like I am?)
Omamori
...A gay one? tongue.gif
Meh...once or twice with my Neopets nickname (Bucky), but now they sort of assume I'm female.

Collecting curious objects such as rocks, pins, anything that catches your eye no matter how weird it is?
Little Washu
^If I were I a guy, I most likely would be gay for Kakashi. Every man is gay for Kakashi.

Sometimes, yeah. Once when I was little, I found a Growlmon figure in a park, and I couldn't help but keep him, regardless of my digimon obsession.

So who else enjoys buying cosplays? Or rather, cosplaying in general?
Omamori
I've never cosplayed, regrettably; my closest cosplay, I guess, would be my L-pose with the Death Note DeviantArt ID photo.
I plan to, though, in the future.

Cryptozoology? For example, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, etc?
Little Washu
^Cosplaying is very fun...but you live down south (or, more down south), yes? I hear there aren't many cons there.

I find it interesting when I'm watching a show about it, my favorite being Destination Truth.

How about drawing? I know a lot of people enjoy it.
Omamori
^ We have an Expo in LA every year around the 4th of July, but I'll be moving to Denver, CO in two weeks, so I'm hopin' there's more action up there.

Ahh, drawing's always fun, though I haven't sketched anything in a while...

Making sigs and avvies?
Hagaren_4ever
^I want to, but I just don't know how.
QUOTE (Rosicrucian @ Aug 23 2009, 12:21 PM) *
I love writing! Tis a hobby of mine also, and, at the moment, I'm working on a novel; still working on the outline, though.

Alrighty, hmm...anyone else a fan of Broadway musicals?

You have no idea. My friends yell at me because I come into school in a chipper mood singing songs from musicals and get them stuck in their head. When our school was doing Jekyll and Hyde I completely freaked out. The singing in our school drama club is as awful as sin, though. dry.gif

QUOTE (Rosicrucian @ Aug 23 2009, 02:58 PM) *
...A gay one? tongue.gif
Meh...once or twice with my Neopets nickname (Bucky), but now they sort of assume I'm female.

Collecting curious objects such as rocks, pins, anything that catches your eye no matter how weird it is?

I have weird glass and wood sculture all over my room as decoractions. Some of my friends joke with me and tell me it looks more like the art section of Ross then an actual bedroom. biggrin.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE (Rosicrucian @ Aug 23 2009, 03:12 PM) *
^ We have an Expo in LA every year around the 4th of July, but I'll be moving to Denver, CO in two weeks, so I'm hopin' there's more action up there.

You mean AX (Anime Expo)? That's the biggest con in America! I'd KILL to go to that one...Also, this is the only one I can find in Denver, and it's in September:
http://www.animecons.com/events/info.shtml/1778
Hope you can go <3

And since Hagaren didn't mention anything, I guess I have to by default...

So, can you (the next person) type fast like I can?
(I used to be uber slow, but I've gotten hella fast.)
Hagaren_4ever
80 words a minute last time I had mine checked. I've been typing since 3rd grade, so...
P.S. sorry I didn't mention anything. ^^''
Who else sucks at math?
Omamori
*raises hand*
Never did well in math; I barely passed algebra ^^;

Anyone have/used to have a habit of falling asleep in school?
Hagaren_4ever
Considering that, and the fact that I've agreed with you on everything else you said, this is getting spooky. Haha. Yes, I sleep all the time in class, and when I'm not sleeping, I'm daydreaming. I don't spend much time on planet earth, that's why I write.

Fan fictions and fan art? I've done plenty of fan art, and I've had ideas of fan fictions pop in my head, but I never wrote them down... too busy with my other work, I guess.
Little Washu
Both, yeah. I live for drawing Kakashi, and writing about him too, he and his fluffiness.

So who else hasn't started school yet, and is dreading it?
(The summer is too fast ;__;...)
kkg22104
Er, anyone mind if I jump in? XD

I'm starting on Tuesday, and I'm definitely dreading it. I don't even know where my first class is D: I have to look at a map first...and I don't think any of my good friends are in my classes either sad.gif

Hmm...how about sports? I used to be on a swim team.
Little Washu
For me, no. I played tennis, but grew bored.

Okay, anyone else have a soft spot for stray cats?
(read what I mean in Penny For Your Thoughts)
kkg22104
Of course, I have a soft spot for ALL cats. <3 I don't think I've ever met a stray before, since the cats on the streets are always from the neighbors' houses, but if I ever did find one I'd want to keep it too laugh.gif

Crime/mystery TV shows? I love Law & Order SVU, and I've heard CSI is good too...XD
lunneth
i like cats but i really want a german shepeard (i'm crap at spelling)
well there was an english made tv show on a few years back called life on mars. the name was inspired by the song of the same name by david bowie. twas a great series. as for csi and what not i wouldn't know. life on mars was just so much more appealing to me as it wasn't always punch the crap out of the bad guys all the time. it was a much more subtle series.

how bout: social networking sites (feel free not to answer this one)
(i've also noticed this topic is becoming quite popular)

QUOTE (Little Washu @ Aug 23 2009, 03:04 PM) *
How about drawing? I know a lot of people enjoy it.

i do i do i do. when i was younger and not so interested in the stuff i am now i could always be found drawing. now i'm good at it tho its become more and more regular. too bad my scanner dosen't like windows frikin vista.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Aug 24 2009, 04:24 AM) *
Of course, I have a soft spot for ALL cats. <3 I don't think I've ever met a stray before, since the cats on the streets are always from the neighbors' houses, but if I ever did find one I'd want to keep it too laugh.gif

Crime/mystery TV shows? I love Law & Order SVU, and I've heard CSI is good too...XD

I've always, since I was a kid, loved anything that had to do with crime/detective stuff. Used to watch all the different versions of CSI and a whole bunch of other similiar shows. Lately though... I barely watch TV at all, and least of all crime shows. They just... don't appeal to me anymore. The only crime show I can watch without getting bored or turned off is Cold Case. And Veronica Mars. But that is just as much high school as it is crime, so I don't know if it really counts.

Anyways, Social networking sites is not something I spend too much time with. I used to, but, again; I guess I grew from it.

Thinking about TV, I just remembered the new HBO series True Blood which will soon premiere where I live. I'm really looking forward to seeing it tongue.gif With whom do I have that in common? (unless you've already seen it. Not sure of how long it's been airing in the U.S)
Little Washu
I have no clue what that is...

Okay, I watch the channel E! a lot, who else here does, and enjoys such awesome shows like "Chelsea Lately" or "The Soup"?
Omamori
Don't have TV, so...no ^^;

Alrighty, any Meat Loaf fans in the thread? biggrin.gif And I'm talking about the singer, not the dish.
Little Washu
^How...how can you survive with no TV D':

No...not my kind of music.

Okay, how about...white cats? Not the Persians, those are ugly, I mean the cute ones.
(I <3 white cats)
kkg22104
Cats again? White cats are cute, but I don't have anything against Persians either. The purebreds are worth a lot. Anyway my kitty is an orange tabby, I've always wanted an orange cat <3

There's probably no one else here that likes country music besides me, am I right? XD
Little Washu
^Sorry XD; I've got cats all around me, they influence me XD

My cat Naruto is an orange tabby :>

I'm not so into it...

So who else thinks anime cons are loads of fun?
kkg22104
^No problem, I love cats too biggrin.gif My kitty's name is Ginger :3 And country music isn't really as bad as everyone says it is XD

I've never been to a con before, though I know there's one nearby in my state capital that my friends went to last year. They came back with some pretty cool stuff.

Let's see...Miyazaki films? laugh.gif
Rainshine
I love Miyazaki films!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I really want to go see Ponyo.

Umm... really huge furry dogs? xD
Omamori
@Washu - 7 years without it, baby, and I'm lovin' it!

Eh...big dogs are fine, but I don't like 'em too furry; I'm more of a cat person, though.

Anyone here feel that a trip to the bookstore is the perfect way to spend an evening?
Little Washu
Oh yes, I LOVE bookstores, I can't go to one without buying something XD

Okay...who else agrees that Zac Efron is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes him out to be?
(Zac Efron = awesome, seems like a nice guy)
Omamori
*raises hand* Not that bad, really; I'm just not a fan feminine guys, and, to me, he seems pretty light on his feet ^^;

Poetry?
kkg22104
EDIT: Oops, beaten XD

Eh, it depends...I definitely prefer novels over poetry, and usually I only read it if I have to for class.

Okay, anyone else think the Twilight series is WAY too overrated?
Aribelle
Yes. Very much yes.

Anyone here clean when they want to waste time/are stressed? My room is always cleanest when I have something big looming over my head XD
lunneth
not really but i have done it on a few occasions.
and yes TWILIGHT IS WAY TO OVERRATED. just cause of the story. i heard the writing is mediocre too. seriously. all the time. twilightwilightwilight. GOD DANM.
how bout tv talent shows. if u guys have heard of simon cowell and hate him feel free to raise a hand. i'm waiting. (laughs maniacally)

well in answer to washu's question on cons.
theres a real big con in london and its been running for two years now. i've missed both events and now im pissed. it annoys me how i'm so bent on it but don't know when the goddanmed thing is. well me and my bro intend to go as kanda and allen from d-gray man if we go next year. keepin money aside for it already
kkg22104
^The writing isn't really that bad, but Harry Potter is definitely better. I just don't get why fangirls scream so much about Edward. And the movie sucked horribly.

Of course I know Simon Cowell, he does American Idol here. I don't hate him or love him, sometimes he's hilarious. My favorite talent TV show is So You Think You Can Dance biggrin.gif

About the con, couldn't you just look up online information to find out when it is? I'm sure if it's big enough, it'll have its own website. Yay, D. Gray-Man! I hope you guys get to go next year! happy.gif

Let's see here...well I'm listening to Within Temptation right now, anyone like symphonic rock music? Including Evanescence and Nightwish too smile.gif
lunneth
i've listened to a bit of nightwish. evanesence. well it depends on my mood. they're very much like a band called cryoshell. amy lee and their lead singer sound very similar. anyways i don't like bring me to life. its just been played so many times its now old and crap
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Aug 24 2009, 02:15 PM) *
Oh yes, I LOVE bookstores, I can't go to one without buying something XD

Okay...who else agrees that Zac Efron is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes him out to be?
(Zac Efron = awesome, seems like a nice guy)

I'm one of those people that's always neutral about things that everyone either loves or hates. I don't mind Zac Efron. I think he's kinda cute, but I'm not gonna scream over 'im. I'm also pretty neutral about Twilight. I got the book. About 15 pages into I thought. "This is not entertaining me at all. But I spent 15 bucks on it, so I'll read it to the end." I read it on a really long plane trip, so I didn't really feel like it was a waste of my time, but it didn't really hook me, ya know? And everyone is having these big battles over it, and I'm like "chill." ya know?

Speaking of that long plane trip, anyone like to travel? I was on my way to Japan on that trip one of the weirdest trips of my life.
Little Washu
I'm not much of a traveler...but I would kill to go to Japan...I wanna go to Akihabara ;__;

Anyone else obsessively do something with their hands when nervous and/or bored, subconciously?
(I crack my fingers or bite my nails...)
lunneth
i crack my nuckles and pull my fingers all the time. it actually releaves stress for me. just like listening to slipknot (for me)
Hagaren_4ever
I draw insulting pictures of the people who've wronged me to calm MY nerves! biggrin.gif

Does anyone else like shooting guns? If so, are you good?
Omamori
I love shooting BB guns, but I wouldn't say I'm good ^^;

American comic books? Y'know, like Archie, Spiderman, Watchmen, etc?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.