Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Those Who Don't Like Hughes, Please Share Your Opinion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Gimpyhair
Why do you not like him?

Let me explain: he annoys me, but I don't know why, so I want to hear your reasons. Maybe it will help me to understand why he annoys me so much.
Full-Fledged Alchemist
Le gasp! You don't like Hughes? D: Well, to each her own...personally, I love him. He could be kind of annoying though with the pictures of his daughter and his little bit of ADD, buuuut, maybe I have a thing for annoying guys, I don't know...lulz, I don't know, I'm sure if I focus, I can find more...
Kaori Ayanami
He has his charisma, his loyalty and so on... But deep down he kind of disturbs me. Not because of his quirks, but because of his behavior in that Ishval gaiden in the manga. After it, I could never see the character the same way, ever.
Claudius
QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Aug 13 2009, 04:45 PM) *
He has his charisma, his loyalty and so on... But deep down he kind of disturbs me. Not because of his quirks, but because of his behavior in that Ishval gaiden in the manga. After it, I could never see the character the same way, ever.
Yeah, I did a thread on that plot point. I too was disturbed at MangaHughes being another 'order-taking soldier who killed innocents.' That's why I tend to favor the Anime1 counterpart, who never went to Ishval. However, I know that version isn't squeaky-clean either; this is a man with enough experience to willingly put a knife into Lust's head (Heck, in my pre-FMA fanfic, I have Anime1Hughes do some killings at the homefront, and be so emotionally/mentally distraught about it that he almost almost almost rapes Gracia!). I wonder what would happen if the two counterparts met? (another fanfic...)
I hope this is a negativity that is suitable for this thread. Otherwise, I worship Hughes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.