Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project Fma: Claim And Reserve
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Aribelle
In this thread, please claim or reserve your chapters for Project FMA. All discussion/questions should be directed here.

GUIDELINES FOR REQUESTING AND SUBMITTING A CHAPTER:
1) There are two ways to request a chapter.
a. The first is to claim it. I will periodically put a group of chapters up on this post to be claimed. All you have to do is reply in this thread telling me which of them you want. Claiming chapters will be on a first come first serve basis. You may only claim one chapter every 24 hours. This is to prevent entire volumes from being monopolized.

b. The second way is to reserve it. If there is a future chapter you would like to write that I have not put up to be claimed, you have the option of reserving it, and when I introduce the group of chapters the one you reserved is a part of, you will have first dibs on it for three days. If you do not claim it within that time period, you will lose the chapter. You may reserve a chapter once every seven days.
The waiting list: Reserved chapters will have a waiting list. If for whatever reason a reserved chapter is not claimed, it will go to the next person on the list, and so forth.

2) All submissions must be in accordance with this forum's rules and guidelines. Also, using this website as a reference, please keep your submissions at a "T" rating or lower.

3) Submissions must be in story format. Script or poem format is not allowed. Also, no inserted authors notes.

4) You must stick to canon events. Remember, we're trying to novelize the manga, not write a new story. Since you'll most likely be writing from a specific character's point of view, you can take some liberties when it comes to emotions or inner thoughts that haven't been blatantly expressed in the manga. However, these liberties must be within reason. If they aren't, we'll kindly ask you to revise your work.

5) Once you have completed your chapter, upload it to Google Docs and send the link to your editor.

For new writers: you'll be assigned an editor, so just hang on to your chapter until then smile.gif

Currently up for claiming: Volume 7

CHAPTER 26:
CHAPTER 27:
CHAPTER 28: Sal_san
CHAPTER 29: S.F. Thunder

List of reserved chapters:
15 - Dearheart
18 - Dearheart
44 - Elle-chan
47 - Elle-chan
55 - S.F. Thunder
70 - Elle-chan
71 - Aribelle
75 - Dearheart
84 - Dearheart

Volumes we have covered:
Volume 1:
PROLOGUE (page 1 of chapter 1): Dearheart
CHAPTER 1:
CHAPTER 2:
CHAPTER 3: Aribelle
CHAPTER 4:

Volume 2:
CHAPTER 5: Dearheart
CHAPTER 6:
CHAPTER 7:
CHAPTER 8:

Volume 3:
CHAPTER 9:
CHAPTER 10: Sal_san
CHAPTER 11:
CHAPTER 12: Sal_san

Volume 4:
CHAPTER 13:
CHAPTER 14:
CHAPTER 15: Dearheart
CHAPTER 16:

Volume 5:
CHAPTER 17:
CHAPTER 18: Dearheart
CHAPTER 19:
CHAPTER 20: Rain-Alchemist
CHAPTER 21:

Volume 6:
CHAPTER 22:
CHAPTER 23: S.F Thunder
CHAPTER 24:
CHAPTER 25:

Not sure which translation to use for your reference? Just do the best you can with what's available to you. If you're wary of fan translations, you can probably check out a copy of the official FMA volumes at your local library. Also, please make sure to stick to this list of name/place translations compiled by DistantBlue and other forum members.

Edit (I didn't want to double post lol): I'm going to go ahead and claim chapter three~

and reserve 52. \o/
Dearheart
Gah, sorry to do this to you...but could I please drop chapter 17 and reserve chapter 18 instead? Or is it too late for that?

I'd also like to claim chapter 5. *sniffles* (Poor Nina...) sad.gif
Aribelle
@Dearheart - no problem at all - you got it smile.gif
Causmicfire
I'd like to take on chapter 6, please.
Broken Chouchou
Crap. Just realized something. Reserved the wrong chapter. The chapter(s) I do want reserved is/are the one(s) covering the hospital scene, i.e any of 13, 14, and 15. It must've been Ed's bandaged head after the Devil's Nest incident that fooled me x.x

So I'll go ahead and reserve chapter 13 to start with, if that's okay.

(Also, if you like, you can drop my reservation of chapter 30)
Aribelle
@Causmicfire - done biggrin.gif

@Broken Chouchou - sure; I'll take away 30 and give you 13 instead.
hand-made-city
Ah! I'd like to reserve chapter 62, if that would be alright! smile.gif
Dearheart
Umm...I feel a little guilty doing this 'cause I know Broken Chouchou probably wanted to do it, but could I reserve chapter 15 (Steel Heart)?

The main reason why is because I've had something very specific in mind for the Winry-lectures-Al and the Ed-and-Al-talk-on-the-rooftop scenes for a long time, and I'd like to try it out. It keeps playing over and over in my head like a movie, and it's getting darn annoying. I need to do something with it, lol. (No, no, don't get worried. I won't being pulling any FMA 1 stunts on you. It's mostly dialog I'm playing around with, that's all.) tongue.gif

Having said that...Broken Chouchou, if I do that chapter, would you help me edit it? Since you wanted to do the hospital scenes, I'd really like work with you and get your feedback as well as kkg22104's. And if neither of you like how I've done it, I'll be perfectly willing to hand the chapter over to you. I'm sure you'd do a wonderful job with it. smile.gif

So would that be alright? Or do you really have your heart set on that part? Either way is just fine. biggrin.gif Just thought I'd try asking, at least.
Aribelle
^ I'll put you down for 15.

Also I want to clarify something (just because it seems like there might be questions later) - but if you decide to drop a chapter and pick up a new one your week does not start over. So, for instance, if you reserve a chapter on September first, and drop it/pick up another on the 5th, you can reserve the next on the 7th smile.gif
Neopuff
Okay, so, I'd like to reserve chapter 39. I'm surprised no one has yet, all the other great RoyAi scenes have been claimed.

And it says reserving one every 7 days? Okay then. Umm...is there any way to know which chapters will be the next ones to claim?

Also, I'll take chapter 8 if nobody else has already claimed it..

-edit-

I forgot to mention, if you need any more artists or editors, I can do that too x3
Broken Chouchou
@Dearheart

Gosh, of course you can do that chapter. It's not like I have first dibs or anything. And please don't worry about feeling guilty, I wouldn't mind at all biggrin.gif The main reason I wanted the hospital scene was because I wanted to depict the way Al starts to doubt himself, and his brother, and everything, from his point of view particularily and/or entirely. Always felt it must've been really heavy for him, being all alone, isolated, in that steel cage of a body. So it's not really the Winry-wrenching-Al or the brotherly rooftop scene I'm out to get. I just want the angst! xD

And sure, I'd love to help you edit! It'll be fun to see what you'll make out of it tongue.gif
DistantBlue
May I please reserve 99? I have a feeling I'll really want to write that one. XD
kkg22104
QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Aug 17 2009, 12:10 PM) *
May I please reserve 99? I have a feeling I'll really want to write that one. XD

Haha, even though it hasn't even come out yet? lol XD But of course, it shall be epic ^__^
Aribelle
QUOTE (Neopuff @ Aug 16 2009, 11:29 PM) *
Okay, so, I'd like to reserve chapter 39. I'm surprised no one has yet, all the other great RoyAi scenes have been claimed.

And it says reserving one every 7 days? Okay then. Umm...is there any way to know which chapters will be the next ones to claim?

Also, I'll take chapter 8 if nobody else has already claimed it..

I put the chapters up for claiming grouped by volumes. So the next ones available will be those in volume three smile.gif

QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Aug 17 2009, 09:10 AM) *

XD yes, that chapter is probably going to be all kinds of amazing.

I'm also gonna reserve 71~
Dearheart
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Aug 17 2009, 02:26 AM) *
@Dearheart

Gosh, of course you can do that chapter. It's not like I have first dibs or anything. And please don't worry about feeling guilty, I wouldn't mind at all biggrin.gif The main reason I wanted the hospital scene was because I wanted to depict the way Al starts to doubt himself, and his brother, and everything, from his point of view particularily and/or entirely. Always felt it must've been really heavy for him, being all alone, isolated, in that steel cage of a body. So it's not really the Winry-wrenching-Al or the brotherly rooftop scene I'm out to get. I just want the angst! xD

And sure, I'd love to help you edit! It'll be fun to see what you'll make out of it tongue.gif

*whews* Oh gosh, thankyouthankyouthank you sooooo much! Do you mind very much if I hug you? biggrin.gif The last thing I'd want to do is up and grab something that someone else wanted. I don't want to be selfish, lol. I've been so afraid of doing that lately. (But don't mind me; I'm a perfectionist, so I'm like that all the time.) tongue.gif Thanks so much...and I've already put a big dent in that part (my fingers couldn't stop typing, not even at three in the morning!), so I might have stuff for you to beta-read really soon. biggrin.gif

And I feel really excited now; I'd have NO idea how to handle that Al angst scene, so I'm really happy you're doing it. I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Dearheart @ Aug 17 2009, 10:56 AM) *
*whews* Oh gosh, thankyouthankyouthank you sooooo much! Do you mind very much if I hug you? biggrin.gif The last thing I'd want to do is up and grab something that someone else wanted. I don't want to be selfish, lol. I've been so afraid of doing that lately. (But don't mind me; I'm a perfectionist, so I'm like that all the time.) tongue.gif Thanks so much...and I've already put a big dent in that part (my fingers couldn't stop typing, not even at three in the morning!), so I might have stuff for you to beta-read really soon. biggrin.gif

And I feel really excited now; I'd have NO idea how to handle that Al angst scene, so I'm really happy you're doing it. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Hahaha, can't see what I did to deserve a hug, but go ahead, hug it away xD

Anyway, looking forward to reading that dent of yours. I'm excited as well biggrin.gif
Elle-chan
May I claim chapter 47 if not claimed?
Aribelle
Sure! Since we want to try to get as many early chapters as possible taken care of (so we don't end up with all the later chapters covered but the earlier ones neglected), people can only request a later chapter once every seven days. However, chapters currently "up for grabs" (we're currently up to volume three) can be requested once a day. You can check the first post for more info smile.gif

So to make a very long story short, yes laugh.gif
Elle-chan
I already have it written it. Do you want me to send you it or post it here?
Sal_san
Can I claim chapter 10?
Aribelle
^ sure!

And finished chapters can be sent to kkg22104 or another editor via a link to the Google Docs file.
Elle-chan
Can I please Claim chapter 9? If not taken.
Aribelle
No problem \o/
Causmicfire
Can I reserve 74, please?

I wants the awesome OlivierxBuccaneer moment
YourViolentStalker
Can I reserve chapter 95? I'm still browsing earlier chapters to find something I'd like to write....
Aribelle
Done and done.
Sal_san
Since no one else is claiming it, can I claim chapter 12 as well? biggrin.gif
Thalogens
I've not been confirmed as a writer yet, and I haven't been assigned an editor yet - but umm, could I reserve chp. 59? Or 60...?

Ahh I want to do so much... biggrin.gif
Elle-chan
May i claim ummmm 44 I loved this one!
Aribelle
@Everyone up to here: done.

@DoxyWings - I gave you chapter 59; if next week 60 is still available you can request it then smile.gif
Radadinator
Can I reserve Ch. 51?
One of my favorite parts of the manga. biggrin.gif
DistantBlue
Um...I guess I'll claim Ch.11 since no one else is...and I bet a lot of people want to advance into the next volumes.

And...I might be killing myself here, considering my slowness...but....can I possibly reserve 16? XD
Aribelle
Yes up to here biggrin.gif
Elle-chan
May i claim 14 please?
Dearheart
Hey! Just popping in to confirm that yes, I still want to do chapter 15. It's miiiiiine...my own, my preciousssss...you can't haves it, no!...okay, I'll stop the bad Gollum impersonation now...
Thalogens
Can I reserve chp. 60 yet? I done a bit of it in my most recent fiction. Bah.
Aribelle
Yep biggrin.gif

We're moving quickly today!
Causmicfire
Can I claim 19 please?
Causmicfire
Can I reserve chapter 24, please?

I'm actually a bit surprised it hasn't been yet.
Neopuff
Did anyone take 17 yet? biggrin.gif Paninyaaaaaa

I'd also like to reserve 49 c:
DistantBlue
FVDSKLJFHGA:LJKDGHSKJDGN.

Holy sh!t am I glad/sad that I reserved 99.

D:

/OT-ness.

On another note....I just finished my chapter. GAH. Off to work on the cover for volume 1.
Elle-chan
May i claim chapter 70 if not taken.
Rainshine
Hey, could I have chapter 20?
I just saw it's up for grabs, and might as well take it. happy.gif
Dearheart
I can't remember; did I claim chapter 18 yet? I know I reserved it...

If I haven't done so already, I'd like to go ahead to claim that chapter. If I'm just repeating myself, sorry! biggrin.gif
Aribelle
QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Sep 11 2009, 02:21 PM) *
FVDSKLJFHGA:LJKDGHSKJDGN.

Holy sh!t am I glad/sad that I reserved 99.

XD for real! That's gonna be an awesome chapter.

And done up to here smile.gif
QueenTiria
Can I reserve chapter 48? Thanks!
Causmicfire
Can I reserve chapter 63, please?

Also, to get the ball rolling, I'd like to claim 21.
Neopuff
Reserving 100 please?

-just read the raw for 99-
Aribelle
Yes to all. biggrin.gif
Causmicfire
Just dropping in to claim 24.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.