Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anime Recommendations
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
KyuubiKitsune
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt by Gainax
This series is ridiculous. Ridiculously AWESOME, that is! It's like Powerpuffgirls+Pretty Cure on drugs!
It's about two angels, Panty and Stocking, who fight evil ghosts. Panty can turn her panty into a gun and Stocking can turn her stockings into swords. In a western animation style and stuff like that.

may be veeeery offensive to some people and has a loooot of dirty jokes.
It's that kind of series where you need to turn your brain off to watch it

That's a poop monster, yep.
xUltimate_Shieldx
Clannad is recently an anime I've come to love. It's not for everyone, but it's a good romance/drama with just the right amount of realism with some "fantasy-like" ideas. It has a slow start but once you finish the first arc it picks up real nicely. Seriously, if you want to ball your eyes out, this is the show for you. And to top it all off, the art and music are very beautiful.
Dark-Winds
QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 18 2011, 07:52 PM) *
Clannad is recently an anime I've come to love. It's not for everyone, but it's a good romance/drama with just the right amount of realism with some "fantasy-like" ideas. It has a slow start but once you finish the first arc it picks up real nicely. Seriously, if you want to ball your eyes out, this is the show for you. And to top it all off, the art and music are very beautiful.

Agreed O___O It's sooo good.
TheStrayKitten
Based on these series, can anyone reccomend me some anime similar?

I'm open to subs, but prefer stuff that was dubbed for convenience...

Serial Experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Boogiepop Phantom, Haibane Renmei, FMA-1, FMA: B, Paranoia Agent (or anything by Satoshi Kon, RIP), Solty Rei, Ghost Hound, RAINBOW, Oreimo, Witch Hunter Robin... there may be more-- In fact, there's a lot I've seen but this is the stuff I've loved! biggrin.gif

I have Texhnolyze but I can never get past disc 1. I may do that soon.

I've seen alot of mainstream stuff and don't really care for it. :/ Or I can't get past the first few episodes.

My friend is kinda making me sit through Yu Yu Hakusho and its okay, but it's kinda dull.
KelticWolf
1. Trinity Blood
2. Helsing
3. Claymore
~Dark Flames~
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Eureka Seven, Soul Eater, Clannad are all very good anime. I recently just finished Code Geass and Fate/Zero and they are both pretty epic in my opinion. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.