Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anime Recommendations
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Ryoku
Bleach!!! It's awesome it is still playing in japan but it started in north america so it's good. It's at episode 110 in japan, 18 in canada and 17 in U.S.A
Shy
Bleach and Death Note.
Matt Perry
Elfen Lied

Not for people who are scared of their parents walking into their rooms.
Bakka
*cough cough* i dont think i feel like watching an anime like elfen lied...but i am feeling like watching an animen less commical and more complex and ITELLIGENT
Popogeejo
but i am feeling like watching an animen less commical and more complex and ITELLIGENT

There are several things about this sentence that bugs me.
1) Are you implying that Elfen is not Intelligent or complex?
2) Why can't something be commercial as well as being intelligent and complex?
3) What's wrong with it being commercial?

Anyway, I recommend Evangelion if you want complex/intelligent. That or Ergo Proxy, Azumanga and Death Note. All very complex.
Bakka
death note is amazingly good o.O
Little Washu
I've never seen Death Note but I've heard alot about it. In a NewType magazine there was an article on it. But I still recomend Ghost in the Shell if you like complex things. It took me till the 2nd season of Stand Alone Complex to realize what was going on, hahaha. Here are a few that aren't too popular but I very highly recccomend them:

Ninja Nonsense
Super Gals 2 the heart of Shibuya
Nerima Daikon Brothers
Strawberry Marshmellow
Papuwa
Hare+Guu
Best School council ever
Kakurenbo

All of them except Kakurenbo are funny. The first 3 are the ones I really do think you people should see.
esrz22
Gunbuster. The original 6-episode thingy. There's giant robots and actually time differences from moving through space extremely fast!
Kenji
Anyone watched/liked Initial D and Wangan here?
BLOOđ ┼LăHEM¤ST
Most people might not have heard of Spriggan, but its an great anime movie and quite unknown I think, check it out if you havent.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Bakka @ Jan 14 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]494090[/snapback]
*cough cough* i dont think i feel like watching an anime like elfen lied...but i am feeling like watching an animen less commical and more complex and ITELLIGENT

...Some niche market for philosophical dismemberment?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Feb 5 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]501416[/snapback]
QUOTE(Bakka @ Jan 14 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]494090[/snapback]

...Some niche market for philosophical dismemberment?

Elfen did have some philosophical under tones (I'm not sure if they were intended tough) about nature vs Nurture.
Was Lucy naturally pre-disposed to Violence or was it the bullying that drove her to it?
ScarMySoul
I have to say the movie Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust (hahaha I almost spelt it "Blud") was great. The first one Vampire Hunter D was okay, not too great. The style I think is what irked me the most. It had the Lupin 3rd style to it. Bloodlust was better though. Better storyline. Rather sad in a way. smile.gif
Bluewish
Bleach and Elfin Lied.
If you also want to watch an aime with a lot of episodes try Naruto, it gets better after the 90th episode.
Little Washu
Rumbling Hearts. I only saw 1 ep but it's really good.
Utawarerumono. Try saying that 5 times fast. *says it 5 times fast* Wow that wasn't as hard as I thought.
Elric13
I thought Bleach was pretty good. It depends on your taste of shows though.
Yuki Star
^ I agree.

Anyway, I recommend Ouran High Host Club. Even though it's kinda short, well, it's funny. happy.gif
Reno

Gantz
.Hack//Sign
Noir
Wolf's Rain
Haibane Renmei
Lain
Arthur-F.Metal4life
i say if u havent seen Gantz than u missed maybe da best anime eva , i recomend watching it
Bakka
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

this is one of the most, okay the most violently disturbing anime i have ever seen! by the time i got to ep 9 (today i did) it became too much for me! i cant watch this alone anymore, im waiting for my Ni-san (lol) to come watch it with me hehe

although i love the little girl who reminds me of orihime from bleach happy.gif notice her with the mashetie in th epening.

if your looking for something to turn your stomach and freak you out before you go to sleep, this is it!
Tenkyoen
I just started watching it, but Trinity Blood is good! happy.gif
Kisara
If you like comical animes, I recommend Disgaea. It's only 12 eps, but I like it ^^
Tenkyoen
Oh! And also, If you like mini-series: Fooly Cooly!!
~Best mini-series EVER!!!!:)smile.gif
Little Washu
If you like comical animes, I recommend Disgaea. It's only 12 eps, but I like it ^^
That show is awsome! I've only seen episode 1 but I really liked it smile.gif.
Oh! And also, If you like mini-series: Fooly Cooly!!
~Best mini-series EVER!!!! smile.gif

Yeah FLCL is awsome. I have 2 of the soundtracks and vol.1 of the manga. I like the little kitty (Takun) I named him Mr.Kitty smile.gif.

As for my reccomendations, another comical 12-ep show. Ninja Nonsense or 2x2=Shinobuden, the Nonsense Kunoichi fiction as it's called in Japan. It's really funny, like stupid=funny. My favorite character is Shinobu. The characters are drawn so cutley!
DarkPrince
if you like new series i would recommend Saint-Seiya The Hades Chapter-Sanctuary, im watching it now, and its getting very cool, if you can watch it, its really awesome =)
Little Washu
I reccomend 'Negima!'. It's really a cute series, short too (only about 25 episodes long). It's got alot of magic and stuff like that. Also, it's got a cute little 10 year old brittish teacher who's a wizard, a talking ermine(weasal), and stuff for fanboys.
Popogeejo
10 year old brittish teacher

Why do I have a very bad feeling that his accent will be shit and in all likelihood Australian?
Little Washu
Why do I have a very bad feeling that his accent will be shit and in all likelihood Australian?

No no, it's pretty good actually. (I have brittish relatives who said so themselves, I'm part brittish.) The voice actor is Greg Ayres who plays alot of good voices. Such as:
Kousuke from Spiral
Hideki from Nerima Daikon Brothers

But you are titled to your own opinion, so if oyu don't like it then you don't like it. As I always say, 'to each his own'.
Popogeejo
I'm part brittish.

...You can be part Irish, part Welsh, part Scottish or part English. You can't be part British! I should know, being from and living in the UK!

I gonna have to find a dubbed ep of this now.
Little Washu
Yes, I am part britsish.

Popogeejo: I'm sorry, I re-watched episode 1 last night. Negi isn't from Britain he's from Wales(sp). So sorry about that sad.gif!

Another one I'd reccomend is Strawberry Marshmellow (Ichigo Mashimaro). It's the kinda show you'd expect your little sister to watch. So if you have a little sister (or cousin) that's bugging you, show them this anime. It's cute smile.gif.
fullmetalgal15
I recomend BLEACH!!! *whoot!* it is now my favorate anime and fma is #2 now. . .sorry but its true T^T. . . well anyways! I have a coupe of samples of BLEACH junk on my siggie! the 1st episode and my favorate opeining song ("tonight tonight tonight" by BEAT CRUSADERS) check it out! *WWWHHHOOOOOOTTT!!!!!!*
Popogeejo
Negi isn't from Britain he's from Wales(sp).

B-but I'm from Wales!
Must find a sample of his voice...
Little Washu
B-but I'm from Wales!
Must find a sample of his voice...

Merry Christmas Popogeejo!
'Negima!' dubbed ep.2
This was all I could find, hope this is what you were looking for.

Another recomendation, I'd say 'Paranoia Agent' is awsome. Only 13 eps but soooo iteresting. 'Ergo Proxy' is pretty good too, though I didn't 100% understand it.
Amol
I'm sure I've mentioned this anime before , I recommend this because this was the first one i ever watched and I really love it !

You can check this clip to know more about it , its from one of the episodes and I hope you like it .

Oh i forgot to mention the name , its Ninku !
instantmirage
Blood: The Last Vampire

ehm, the plot pretty much like Buffy the vampire slayer,
but imagine she is a vampire herself with japanese highschool outfit and also she's carrying a samurai, and comes with glowing red eyes.

awesome cool.gif
FullMoonAlchemist
[font="Palatino Linotype"][/font][color="#000080"][/color] Herrooo, I was just wondering what someone would recommend for not as serious anime's, more like comedy. I have so many random recommendations from my friend that I want to get a second opinion.

x]
blink.gif
tongue.gif
Sword Alchemist
I recommend Psalms Of Planets Eureka Seven. This anime starts out really slow but becomes very intense. There's also a lot of romance for all you hopeless romantics out there.
Menelvir
QUOTE(fullmetalgal15 @ Mar 11 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]516374[/snapback]
I recomend BLEACH!!! *whoot!* it is now my favorate anime and fma is #2 now. . .sorry but its true T^T. . . well anyways! I have a coupe of samples of BLEACH junk on my siggie! the 1st episode and my favorate opeining song ("tonight tonight tonight" by BEAT CRUSADERS) check it out! *WWWHHHOOOOOOTTT!!!!!!*

AhahahahaZ. Yeah I'd recommend Bleach to all Edo-kun fans. There is a character in Bleach (Captain of the 10th squad, Hitsugaya Toushirou) that's very similar to Edward Elric, in terms of attitude, style, strength of character and height. Their eyes, when you compare them, have the same "get-out-of-my-way-or-prepare-to-die" look of determination. In fact, they are so similar that they are voiced by the same Japanese voice actress (seiyuu).
GREEDisGOOD
I would say watch Eureka Seven. It starts off slow, and in the beginning even I hated it, but if you're patient, you will be rewarded.
When it comes to the giant mechs on surfboards, all I can say is go with it.
Edsrhimp
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (天元突破グレンラガン, Tengen Toppa Guren Ragan?, lit. "Break-Through Heaven Gurren Lagann") is a Japanese anime television series animated by Gainax and co-produced by Aniplex and Konami. It has been scheduled for twenty-six episodes and premiered on April 1, 2007 on Japan's TV Tokyo network.[1] It is directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi and has been in development since his participation in the Abenobashi mecha themed episodes by the same studio. Konami has announced that they will make a video game to accompany the series, but no other details are currently known.[2]

basically, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagaan

look there, and read what it's about. It's really one heck of a good show. (:.
Innocent-malice
QUOTE(FullMoonAlchemist @ Apr 10 2007, 04:16 PM) *
[font="Palatino Linotype"][/font][color="#000080"][/color] Herrooo, I was just wondering what someone would recommend for not as serious anime's, more like comedy. I have so many random recommendations from my friend that I want to get a second opinion.

x]
blink.gif
tongue.gif

For these "not so serious" anime you might want to try tsubasa chronicles, full metal panic or for just comedy Azumanga Daioh. I usually watch darker anime so thats all I have to suggest. sad.gif sorry.
Psyco_Midget
there are a couple of anime shows that i would reccommend...
fuyu
QUOTE(endless_oblivian @ Jul 26 2007, 06:49 AM) *
QUOTE(FullMoonAlchemist @ Apr 10 2007, 04:16 PM) *

x]
blink.gif
tongue.gif

For these "not so serious" anime you might want to try tsubasa chronicles, full metal panic or for just comedy Azumanga Daioh.

Tsubasa Chronicles gets a bit serious, though. I agree for Azumanga Daioh and full metal panic. FMP is rofl hilarious... Will be most appreciated by people who like mecha fans looking for not-so-mecha-and-politcs-centric anime.

The comedies I'd recommend are
Ouran High School Host Club: Absolutely hilarious. It's mostly a satire about bishounen, or so wiki says. I try not to think about it. I just enjoy the humor and the yummy guys. Haha!

Nodame Cantabile: This one's a romantic comedy... But the comedy surpasses the romance, methinks. If you love music (especially classical) you'll enjoy this. (Even if you don't, you'll enjoy it)

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi: This is plain crazy. I mean, like, insane. But the presentation of the anime is amazing. Pure genius. The episodes aren't shown in chronological order, and that's what makes it so friggin' good. The story is about a girl (Haruhi) who's pretty much obssessed with ESPers, time travellers and aliens. She starts this club, the SOS brigade, based on her passion, and she basically bosses them around... and they let her. Hehe. The story is told by Kyon, a realistic and cynical classmate of Haruhi's, and is one of the club members.

Those are the ones I thought of first... Bleach is funny, too, but it's a martial arts comedy (not really just comedy comedy.)

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Little Washu
I've only seen ep. 1, but School Rumble! is awesome.
gattsujen
GUNGRAVE! Well I only got through first 3-4 disks, and my local blockbuster didnt carry the rest. sad.gif curious if its worth buying.
Berserk is my favorite anime, but is gory. Awesome storyline and isn't too long. Fast paced story.
Haven't seen Escaflowne in years but its good.
GREEDisGOOD
From the shows I see on TV now, I'd reccomend Bleach. It's first season wasn't really that great, but then it took off all of a sudden and I'm hooked.
uc0nnh00ps
To those who have not watched Bleach yet, you are crazy.

I also would suggest watching D. Gray Man, Death Note, and Zombie Loan.
Little Washu
Kikaider

It's a really awesome anime that I used to watch a long time ago. The main character(Jiro, Kikaider) is voiced by the oh-so amazing Dave Wittenberg, and it has that whole Astro Boy/Cyborg 009 feel to it.
xox
QUOTE(fuyu @ Aug 29 2007, 02:41 PM) *
The comedies I'd recommend are
Ouran High School Host Club: Absolutely hilarious. It's mostly a satire about bishounen, or so wiki says. I try not to think about it. I just enjoy the humor and the yummy guys. Haha!

I second that. biggrin.gif
uc0nnh00ps
I watched fruits Basket recently. I thought it was going to be stupid because of the name but it was quite funny. There is only 26 episodes, but the story continues after that point in the manga.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.