Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project Fma
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
kkg22104
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Aug 10 2009, 12:01 PM) *
Give me a gun. A huge effing skull-shattering gun. I had written about 8 pages in Word, covering the first 27 pages of the manga. And I was getting to feel really happy with it. Like, really happy. Was so psyched about submitting it to the project.
Then my computer got all screwy and it was all erased, in a flash. I swear, I almost threw the damned laptop out of the window. Restrained myself, though. So now I'm back at square one. I'm gonna have to work my [All hail lord Xenu] off, and not even that might be enough...

Sigh...

EDIT: DistantBlue, concerning the official names, I really think Liore sounds better... But I suppoese it's a little late saying that now. Anyway, if Reole is the correct translation I guess that's the one we shoulg go with.

Oh God, I know what you mean, I hate it when technology screws up like that >.< I'll be cheering you on though, I'm sure the second version will be just as good or better! biggrin.gif

About the translation, I got "Reole" from a manga page where it said "Reole" on a map, so I assumed that was the official version happy.gif

Edit: Ah, so you got it back? Yay! laugh.gif So when you feel good about it, send it on to me! :3
Aribelle
@Broken Chouchou - Oh yay! I'm glad you were able to get it back ^^.

As for the Reole/Liore translation, it's hard to know since Viz translates it one way while Funimation translates it another way and then the fan translators have yet another translation...so as long as we stick to one and are just consistent it doesn't matter to me which one we use. But if it said "Reole" on the map similar to the way Ling's wristband says "Ling Yao" (Arakawa drew it in that way - it wasn't translated) then I suppose that's the one we should go with.
Causmicfire
I really like this idea, and would like to join as a writer and editor if you're still in need.

Also, I highly suggest using google docs. Anyone who can make a google account can use it, and you can access it from any computer with the internet...and it has document sharing, giving you options to invite people you're like to share it with, get link to share, share with collaborators, send as attachment, and has the all mighty spell check. And you have the option of allowing those it's shared with to edit the document or just view it. Just like at fanfiction.net, documents can be uploaded from your computer to their site just as easily.

It's going to be interesting to see how this project turns out.

As for the question as to whether an novelized adaptation of the anime(s) should be done as well, I think it'll be easier to tackle one form of media first, then move on to the others.

I wish everyone good luck on this project!
Aribelle
Yay!! biggrin.gif I'm glad you're interested ^^ we'd love to have you. I'll add you as a writer and you can ask kkg22104 what she needs help with for editing. And thanks for the tip on google docs - that sounds like it would make things a lot easier \o/
Backfired
Hello!

kkg22104 said I could join the editing team, so I'm posting here too. biggrin.gif I'm excited!

thanks~
Aribelle
Yay! Glad to have you with us~
kkg22104
@Causmicfire: Glad to have you join us biggrin.gif I'm happy so many people are volunteering to help edit things, it'll make publishing chapters a lot faster if more people work together. Also, thanks for the suggestion about google docs, I do have a gmail account, but I've never tried using that application before. What does everyone else think? tongue.gif

And of course, welcome Backfired smile.gif
Aribelle
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Aug 11 2009, 07:50 PM) *
@Causmicfire: Glad to have you join us biggrin.gif I'm happy so many people are volunteering to help edit things, it'll make publishing chapters a lot faster if more people work together. Also, thanks for the suggestion about google docs, I do have a gmail account, but I've never tried using that application before. What does everyone else think? tongue.gif

And of course, welcome Backfired smile.gif

I think we should try to use it, it would make things easier than having to send someone a PM, then transferring that to Word, then re-sending a PM...etc. I have a gmail account too, actually I have a couple for different things lol and they're very easy to make. I'm not very familiar with how the docs feature works though, so I'm playing around with it now...but yeah, if we could get everyone to use it I think it would make things a lot easier. People could upload documents and send them to you or another editor, and you can edit it right there and send it to whoever will be posting it in the thread.
Broken Chouchou
Question: Let's say I finish my first chapter today, or tomorrow, should I then send it to kkg22104 via PM or should I hang on until we get this gmail thing going?
Causmicfire
So, I was wondering about formatting. Should we indent paragraphs? I usually only do this when writing school papers, because when you upload to fanfiction.net, the indentation are lost in their formatting system, so I just stopped using indentations.

Gosh, I don't think I ever realized how much went on in chapter six until now...I hope my adaptation does Arakawa's work justice. *is currently finish up the first draft before bedtime*
Aribelle
@Broken Chouchou - you can ask kkg what's easiest for her at this point ^^

@Causmicfire - I'm indenting on my chapter as I'm writing it in Word (just out of habit), but just for the sake of not having to use a bunch of forum code to indent I personally am okay without the indentations ahaha. I don't feel too strongly one way or the other, so unless anyone really wants things indented I'm just as happy to leave them out.

And yeah, there is a lot of content in each chapter! The other day I'd spent a while working on mine and realized I had only gotten through 10 pages or so ^^;
Causmicfire
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Aug 12 2009, 01:47 AM) *
And yeah, there is a lot of content in each chapter! The other day I'd spent a while working on mine and realized I had only gotten through 10 pages or so ^^;

Exactly what I mean!

Oddly, I thought the Scar, Ed, Al encounter in ch. 6 was going to take me longer to write than it did, but once it got to the actual fighting, it was quick, quick, quick...now to go nitpick at it...how is it only 11 pages!?!

I think this project is going to get everyone working on it thinking more and more on little details we may not have noticed before. XD
kkg22104
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Aug 11 2009, 11:20 PM) *
I think we should try to use it, it would make things easier than having to send someone a PM, then transferring that to Word, then re-sending a PM...etc. I have a gmail account too, actually I have a couple for different things lol and they're very easy to make. I'm not very familiar with how the docs feature works though, so I'm playing around with it now...but yeah, if we could get everyone to use it I think it would make things a lot easier. People could upload documents and send them to you or another editor, and you can edit it right there and send it to whoever will be posting it in the thread.

Yeah, I'm playing around with it right now too, and it seems to work pretty well tongue.gif Question though: who's going to post the chapters? I guess it'd be fair for each writer to post his/her own piece, right?

@Broken Chouchou: If you have a google account, go ahead and send a link to me once you upload the chapter to google docs smile.gif

Haha, indentations don't matter that much, it still reads the same laugh.gif

EDIT: While reading through Causmicfire's draft, I realized we have some other minor terms to agree on. For starters, Fullmetal! XD Is it two words, or one? Or should we write it as FullMetal? And something else: Are we including any Japanese words at all? Nii-san and Sensei would change to Brother and Teacher.
hand-made-city
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Aug 12 2009, 09:37 AM) *
EDIT: While reading through Causmicfire's draft, I realized we have some other minor terms to agree on. For starters, Fullmetal! XD Is it two words, or one? Or should we write it as FullMetal? And something else: Are we including any Japanese words at all? Nii-san and Sensei would change to Brother and Teacher.

THAT is a very good point. I'm fine with either the Japanese terms or the English, to be honest. But for uniformity, we'll need to stick to one. And then there's rentanjutsu... I know renkinjutsu translates into alchemy, but what about that other term for the Xingese alchemy? I've never seen it translated before..

And for the record, I usually write it as Fullmetal.. and I also don't use indentations when I'm writing. smile.gif
Causmicfire
Because I was going from Viz's translation and only referencing scanlations where terms were confusing, I completely forgot about the word changes.

I wouldn't mind if we used the Nii-san & Sensei, or Brother and Teacher...maybe we could keep asking around, and I'll make changes to what I wrote as we get more comments.

As hand-made-city mentioned, rentanjutsu is a strange one...I know I personally pulled a wtf? face when I saw Funi's translation of alkehestry(or however they spell it) in their dubs.

Goodness, how exactly to describe Envy...
kkg22104
QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Aug 12 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Goodness, how exactly to describe Envy...

Ha, I think you did a great job of describing him biggrin.gif Since it was his first appearence, it makes sense to say what he looks like.

Personally, I think it might be better to use the English versions of Brother and Teacher, because Ed and Al live in an English speaking world and it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly speak Japanese. We'll see what everyone else thinks. About rentanjutsu...uh, I guess we can use Funi's term to keep it separate from Western alchemy.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Aug 12 2009, 01:27 AM) *
So, I was wondering about formatting. Should we indent paragraphs?

Gahh! Okay, I really need a few extra english lessons.

What. The. Heck does it mean to indent a text?

I've been having some thoughts about formatting too. I'm not used to writing english in Word; apart from doing an essay here and there I'm a total n00b. And when I've written in english, it hasn't been fiction or stories, containing dialouge between people, so I'm not exactly sure how to use the quotation marks ( " ) - "system". When writing in my first language, we use "dialouge lines" instead, and I'm not sure if I need to adjust the structure of my text to make it fit. I don't know.

@kkg221004: No, I don't have a google mail account, but I guess I could create one.

Anyway, regarding the things above: maybe I could send you, say, the first two pages of my draft (via PM for now) and have you check through it and tell me if everything seems okay?
smile.gif

And regarding the english/japanese terms, I definitely think we should go with the english ones. And as for rentanjustu... I don't know if this is a translation per se, or just another term, but I recall it being referred to as "rendanshu" in one of Viz's translations.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing. I'm kinda wondering whether to write it as Fullmetal Alchemist, with capitals in both parts of the title, or just to have it as Fullmeal alchemist (stupid question, possible. But hey, who said I was smart?)

Also, should we use capitals when using terms like "State Alchemist" (and others similiar to that) considering that it is a title?
kkg22104
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Aug 12 2009, 01:55 PM) *

What. The. Heck, does it mean to indent a text?

I've been having some thoughts about formatting too. I'm not used to writing english in Word; apart from doing an essay here and there I'm a total n00b. And when I've written in english, it hasn't been fiction or stories, containing dialouge between people, so I'm not exactly sure how to use the quotation marks ( " ) - "system". When writing in my first language, we use "dialouge lines" instead, and I'm not sure if I need to adjust the structure of my text to make it fit. I don't know.

@kkg221004: No, I don't have a google mail account, bút I guess I could create one.

Anyway, regarding the things above: maybe I could send you, say, the first two pages om my draft (via PM for now) and have you check through it and tell me if everything seems okay?
smile.gif

Indent is that extra space in front when you start a new paragraph. If you press "Tab" on your keyboard, it sets it up for you smile.gif

Yeah, it's very simple to create a gmail account, and it's easy to use too. Sure, that's fine! happy.gif And just out of curiosity, what's your first language?

EDIT: Ah, more terms XD I would capitalize both words in titles, as well as for other titles like the Flame Alchemist, etc tongue.gif
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Aug 12 2009, 11:01 AM) *
Indent is that extra space in front when you start a new paragraph. If you press "Tab" on your keyboard, it sets it up for you smile.gif

Oh, so that's what that is. That is exactly the main problem I've been struggling with! Reading books in english there's always a small gap when descriptive text changes to dialouge. That was exactly what I was wondering about how I should do. Thanks a lot! Now it'll be a piece of cake smile.gif

Yeah, it's very simple to create a gmail account, and it's easy to use too. Sure, that's fine! happy.gif And just out of curiosity, what's your first language?

Swedish xP

EDIT: Ah, more terms XD I would capitalize both words in titles, as well as for other titles like the Flame Alchemist, etc tongue.gif

Ok. Thanks!
Aribelle
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Aug 12 2009, 08:58 AM) *
THAT is a very good point. I'm fine with either the Japanese terms or the English, to be honest. But for uniformity, we'll need to stick to one. And then there's rentanjutsu... I know renkinjutsu translates into alchemy, but what about that other term for the Xingese alchemy? I've never seen it translated before..

And for the record, I usually write it as Fullmetal.. and I also don't use indentations when I'm writing. smile.gif

I say "Fullmetal" too...and that's the way I've seen it written most (although Google always seems to want to change it to "Full Metal" XD)

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Aug 12 2009, 09:48 AM) *
Because I was going from Viz's translation and only referencing scanlations where terms were confusing, I completely forgot about the word changes.

I wouldn't mind if we used the Nii-san & Sensei, or Brother and Teacher...maybe we could keep asking around, and I'll make changes to what I wrote as we get more comments.

As hand-made-city mentioned, rentanjutsu is a strange one...I know I personally pulled a wtf? face when I saw Funi's translation of alkehestry(or however they spell it) in their dubs.

Yeah, it took me a minute to realize what they were talking about with "alkehestry"...I like rentanjutsu just because I think the word sounds prettier laugh.gif and I think if we kept it with that translation it would be plausible because theoretically everyone from Xing might speak another language...what do you all think?

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Aug 12 2009, 10:17 AM) *
Personally, I think it might be better to use the English versions of Brother and Teacher, because Ed and Al live in an English speaking world and it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly speak Japanese. We'll see what everyone else thinks. About rentanjutsu...uh, I guess we can use Funi's term to keep it separate from Western alchemy.

I agree about Brother and Teacher vs. Nii-san and Sensei...it does make sense to keep the English words for the reason you just said.

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Aug 12 2009, 10:55 AM) *
QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Aug 12 2009, 01:27 AM) *
So, I was wondering about formatting. Should we indent paragraphs?

What. The. Heck does it mean to indent a text?

@kkg221004: No, I don't have a google mail account, bút I guess I could create one.

Anyway, regarding the things above: maybe I could send you, say, the first two pages of my draft (via PM for now) and have you check through it and tell me if everything seems okay?
smile.gif

And regarding the english/japanese terms, I definetly think we should go with the english ones. And as for rentanjustu... I don't know if this is a translation per se, or just another term, but I recall it being referred to as "rendanshu" in one of Viz's translations.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing. I'm kinda wondering whether to write it as Fullmetal Alchemist, with capitals in both parts of the title, or just to have it as Fullmeal alchemist (stupid question, possible. But hey, who said I was smart?)

Also, should we use capitals when using terms like "State Alchemist" (and others similiar to that) considering that it is a title?

Here is a website that has a lot of good tips for dialogue formatting in the English language if you want to reference it ^^

I think we should have it Fullmetal Alchemist - both capitalized. And State Alchemist seems like it should be capitalized as well, since the State Alchemist system seems like it would be a proper noun...but I was wondering about that too :/
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Aug 12 2009, 11:18 AM) *
I think if we kept it with that translation it would be plausible because theoretically everyone from Xing might speak another language...what do you all think?

Yeah, that'll be perfeclty fine with me. Even works pretty good, you know, sense-making-wise.

QUOTE (Aribelle @ Aug 12 2009, 11:18 AM) *
Here is a website that has a lot of good tips for dialogue formatting in the English language if you want to reference it ^^

Nice, thanks! tongue.gif
Aribelle
I have another question - are you all adding in the dialogue exactly as it is from the manga? Or are you re-wording it a little?

Also, on that note, we should include credit for whoever's translations we're using lol
hand-made-city
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Aug 12 2009, 02:42 PM) *
I have another question - are you all adding in the dialogue exactly as it is from the manga? Or are you re-wording it a little?

Also, on that note, we should include credit for whoever's translations we're using lol

Oh yes! Speaking of translations we'll be using, how will we know if it's an accurate translation? If we don't speak Japanese fluently, then I guess there's no way for us to know. So will this be overlooked, since we can't do much about it? I know Tombow has gone over things like this concerning a bad translation in chapter 95 (and it drove him crazy tongue.gif ) I think credit for the translation should be added at the end of the chapters. It's only proper to credit whoever did that translation, I think.

I primarily read FMA on onemanga.. so I'll probably use whatever translation is on there if I can't find another one..
DistantBlue
Well, as for translations and stuff, I have all the Viz volumes 1-19, which are all that are out now, so that's what I use. Also, I keep the dialogue the same as the manga about 90% of the time. I only change or subtract things to make it more fluent when people read it, and never add anything.

Also, starting August 20, in about a week, I will no longer be able to come on as often. I am forbidden from the computer until Friday afternoons to Sunday mornings. Sunday evenings through Thursday you will not see me. sad.gif

And since I always type my chapters, I will be behind a bit on that, but as for the covers, I have a sketchbook and a scanner, so I should be on top of that.

Hopefully, my curfew won't last longer than a few months. >.<
hand-made-city
QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Aug 12 2009, 08:33 PM) *
Also, starting August 20, in about a week, I will no longer be able to come on as often. I am forbidden from the computer until Friday afternoons to Sunday mornings. Sunday evenings through Thursday you will not see me. sad.gif

And since I always type my chapters, I will be behind a bit on that, but as for the covers, I have a sketchbook and a scanner, so I should be on top of that.

Ohhh great art leader, we shall miss you! Good thing you have your sketchbook!
Causmicfire
I'll be sticking with Viz's translations for the most part, consulting the scanlations on onemanga(and possibly even asking feedback of Tombow) when Viz's translation is awkward. There was one bit, where Scar mentions his technique that threw me off a bit. Viz= Body disruption attack, so I consulted the scanlation on onemanga, and it said human destruction technique. So, I took a bit of liberty there and mixed them together, resulting in body destruction attack. My reason for not having him use the word human, is that I doubt he thinks of State Alchemists as humans. I kept the word destruction, because his technique is alchemy stopped at the first stage, destruction.
Chiyo
To think I semi novelised the manga from Winry's P.O.V (and not even from the start) and it took me such a long time. You are indeed a brave group.

I wish everyone who is involved with this project all the very best. At times it'll be fun and at others tiresome but it shall be very rewarding as each chapter is completed. I would love to have volunteered but it took me long enough to keep up with my own story, and that was only from one characters perspective and she hasn't been in it for a year. If I can help in any way at all though feel free to ask...I doubt it highly when you have so great a number involved but my services are offered all the same.
amestris_star
Been watching on and off this thread and came to wish you luck for the project smile.gif
I'm busy myself with quite an enterprising writing project which is taking all of my brain cells right now, so I can't really contribute at the moment smile.gif But I'll be following you for sure! Best of luck to all ^^
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Aug 13 2009, 01:16 PM) *
Been watching on and off this thread and came to wish you luck for the project smile.gif
I'm busy myself with quite an enterprising writing project which is taking all of my brain cells right now, so I can't really contribute at the moment smile.gif But I'll be following you for sure! Best of luck to all ^^

Ditto for me. And yes, same writing project I'm involved in. tongue.gif

Good luck guys!
Aribelle
QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Aug 12 2009, 05:33 PM) *
Well, as for translations and stuff, I have all the Viz volumes 1-19, which are all that are out now, so that's what I use. Also, I keep the dialogue the same as the manga about 90% of the time. I only change or subtract things to make it more fluent when people read it, and never add anything.

Aww sad.gif Well, don't worry about the chapters, just do what you can! Yay for sketchbooks :3

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ Aug 12 2009, 11:02 PM) *
I'll be sticking with Viz's translations for the most part, consulting the scanlations on onemanga(and possibly even asking feedback of Tombow) when Viz's translation is awkward. There was one bit, where Scar mentions his technique that threw me off a bit. Viz= Body disruption attack, so I consulted the scanlation on onemanga, and it said human destruction technique. So, I took a bit of liberty there and mixed them together, resulting in body destruction attack. My reason for not having him use the word human, is that I doubt he thinks of State Alchemists as humans. I kept the word destruction, because his technique is alchemy stopped at the first stage, destruction.

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I used onemanga for the initial draft, but I'm going to check out FMA volume 1 from the library just for accuracy on my way to work (probably not today because I am running very late ^^''''')

QUOTE (Chiyo @ Aug 13 2009, 01:07 PM) *
To think I semi novelised the manga from Winry's P.O.V (and not even from the start) and it took me such a long time. You are indeed a brave group.

I wish everyone who is involved with this project all the very best. At times it'll be fun and at others tiresome but it shall be very rewarding as each chapter is completed. I would love to have volunteered but it took me long enough to keep up with my own story, and that was only from one characters perspective and she hasn't been in it for a year. If I can help in any way at all though feel free to ask...I doubt it highly when you have so great a number involved but my services are offered all the same.

Thanks! If you want to help out as a writer or editor we'd love to have you!! We always need more people smile.gif

And thanks also amestris_star and Kale Mustang! Good luck with your own project~
Backfired
Sorry, this is off your discussion topic, but DistantBlue said I could help draw the cover art. >.< I will try my best, even with school going on(starting September...1?) smile.gif !(please don't hurt me unsure.gif )
Aribelle
DistantBlue is in charge of art, so whatever she says is fine by me smile.gif A lot of us probably have school starting soon (I start on August 25th), so things might slow down in a few weeks, but such is life.
hand-made-city
Mmm yep. Everyone's starting school up again... I've got to take a plane over to Scotland for the semester, yet I'm covering two chapters and about 8 volume covers. Very busy, we all are! biggrin.gif But I can't wait to see this project pull together!
Gimpyhair
I did my first try for the spines: http://gimpyslair.deviantart.com/art/Proje...dward-133445092
kkg22104
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Aug 14 2009, 05:51 PM) *
A lot of us probably have school starting soon (I start on August 25th), so things might slow down in a few weeks, but such is life.

Heh, we start on the same day tongue.gif

Well, just to let all the writers know, google docs seems to be the better choice over lengthy PMs, so when you finish with your story upload it and send me the link. But no rush of course, I know everyone has to get on with life too! biggrin.gif

@Chiyo, star, and Kale: Thanks for the support! ^__^
Sal_san
I'm considering joining this project. smile.gif

I'll let you know in a week.
Broken Chouchou
Regarding art, I have drawn a large-scaled sketch of several FMA-characters that I'm suprisingly happy with. All I need to do now is to get my hands on some proper pens so I can fill in the lines, and maybe add color.

I didn't have this project in mind when I started out, but the farther I got on it, the more impressed I was by myself (Yesh, keep the self flattering coming xP). Must've been some kind of astronomical phenmomenon that dit it, because usually I'm not even close to being this good with my pencils.

Anyway, I'm not sure it would make a good cover or anything like that, considering the size of the damned thing. Might work as a promotional poster though, If it's not even too big for that too. I don't know. I mean, we're talking A3-format here, about 11x16 inches in size.

Scanning it isn't the problem, but once that is done, and I have it on my computer, is it even possible to adjust the size of the drawing without loosing too much quality?
hand-made-city
@Broken Chouchou
Usually if you shrink an image down, the quality doesn't decrease much. If you scale it up, it will. If there's a problem, you can always change the dpi of the image too. Usually it is scanned in at 300+dpi (same for printing purposes) and normal dpi is 72.

If you can scan it, adjust it and provide a link, I'd love to see it! A promotional poster would be great for a project like this!
lunneth
hey can i join?
Aribelle
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Aug 14 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Mmm yep. Everyone's starting school up again... I've got to take a plane over to Scotland for the semester, yet I'm covering two chapters and about 8 volume covers. Very busy, we all are! biggrin.gif But I can't wait to see this project pull together!

Me too! biggrin.gif I'm excited to see all the art and everything.

QUOTE (Gimpyhair @ Aug 15 2009, 05:50 AM) *

ohmy.gif looks awesome! Great job!

QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Aug 15 2009, 07:33 AM) *
Heh, we start on the same day tongue.gif

Well, just to let all the writers know, google docs seems to be the better choice over lengthy PMs, so when you finish with your story upload it and send me the link. But no rush of course, I know everyone has to get on with life too! biggrin.gif

Apparently a lot of people start on the 25th...I wonder why, it's kind of a r@ndom day lol.

And definitely will do. Hopefully you'll get my chapter tomorrow...I need to just get vol. 1 from the library to check my names/dialogue for accuracy ^^;

QUOTE (Sal_san @ Aug 15 2009, 09:19 AM) *
I'm considering joining this project. smile.gif

I'll let you know in a week.

Sounds great smile.gif we'd love to have you.

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Aug 16 2009, 11:53 AM) *
Regarding art, I have drawn a large-scaled sketch of several FMA-characters that I'm suprisingly happy with. All I need to do now is to get my hands on some proper pens so I can fill in the lines, and maybe add color.

I didn't have this project in mind when I started out, but the farther I got on it, the more impressed I was by myself (Yesh, keep the self flattering coming xP). Must've been some kind of astronomical phenmomenon that dit it, because usually I'm not even close to being this good with my pencils.

Anyway, I'm not sure it would make a good cover or anything like that, considering the size of the damned thing. Might work as a promotional poster though, If it's not even too big for that too. I don't know. I mean, we're talking A3-format here, about 11x16 inches in size.

Scanning it isn't the problem, but once that is done, and I have it on my computer, is it even possible to adjust the size of the drawing without loosing too much quality?

Ooh, cool! I know DistantBlue said she's got all the cover art covered, but a promotional poster would be awesome! I really like the idea!

QUOTE (Lunneth elric @ Aug 16 2009, 01:35 PM) *
hey can i join?

Of course! You can go to this thread to start requesting chapters ^^
p'lomathegreat
hey, just wondering, because this is my first time on this site, how do you contact the main editor?
hand-made-city
QUOTE (p'lomathegreat @ Aug 16 2009, 11:56 PM) *
hey, just wondering, because this is my first time on this site, how do you contact the main editor?

Click on the person's name and underneath there should be an option that says something like "send message". Then you can send them a private message that way!

Welcome to the board!
Neopuff
I has a question:

Does it have to be from the perspective of one character? Or can we write it from an omniscient view?
kkg22104
QUOTE (Neopuff @ Aug 17 2009, 05:19 PM) *
I has a question:

Does it have to be from the perspective of one character? Or can we write it from an omniscient view?

We had a small discussion about this a few pages back I think...anyway most writers said they prefer to write in 3rd person limited, but if you feel comfortable writing in omniscient I think it's okay biggrin.gif
Aribelle
Yeah, since most chapters switch back and forth and focus on different characters, I put little line breaks in-between each "scene" and wrote from whichever POV I thought was appropriate. But I think omniscient is fine as long as it doesn't get confusing smile.gif
DistantBlue
Oh, and for the art team, Backfired has joined us. smile.gif And so has one more from deviantart known as I-am-Mustang who will be getting an account here soon. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I feel like a bee-otch saying this, so I'm really sorry....but I can't have anyone else join the art team. I really can't. I've been really stretching things with the last two members, which I am very happy to have with, but the only reason I was doing so was because I really don't have anything else for people to do. We divided up who is doing the covers, who are doing spines, and I'm doing the final editing for putting them together. And I really don't want to disappoint people when they ask. sad.gif

Again, I am really sorry. :<
Elle-chan
1) Are you interested? Do you think you would participate? Yep and Yep
2) Would you like to help organize (I volunteer to take on the bulk of the logistical coordinating, but I'd like to have a couple people just to keep everything in check)/would you like to beta (proofread) chapters IF people so choose to use a beta? I can help as much as I can to organize. and If you need more Beta's i can.
3) Do you have any suggestions/concerns about the way things are organized? Are there things you'd like me or anyone else to clarify? Nope. Not at the moment
Aribelle
@DistantBlue - sounds great \o/

@Elle-chan - welcome to the board! Glad to have you with us ^^
Sal_san
So... I want to join this project. biggrin.gif

Reason why it took so long to decide was I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough time on my hands to do this... so I decided to just make time. XD

1. Yup, I'm very much interested.
2. I'm not sure how to help in organizing, but if you need anything I'll be happy to help.
3. Nope.
YourViolentStalker
Hmm, this sounds really interesting. I always like reading novelisations of games and stuff, so it seems like a pretty good idea. ;D Plus I like writing and drawing.

1) Would you like to participate now or in the future?
Not sure... I kind of exploded my computer that had Photoshop and a scanner (and there's no way I could run either of those on this dinosaur I'm forced to use now), but I could do the writing now. As for drawing (even though you're not exactly looking for another illustrator), I'm saving up for a computer and I'll have that by October-ish. Until then, though, I could probably just use my friend's scanner, and I like coloring traditionally anyway. But probably later for the drawing.

2) How would you like to contribute? Currently we're looking for editors and writers.
;D I could do editing. Haha, that's practically a hobby for me. I could also do some writing, and, again, drawing.

3) Do you have any suggestions/concerns about the way things are organized? Are there things you'd like me or anyone else to clarify?
Mmmmm.... Not particularly. ;3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.