Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fanarty Things
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
xrninja
well, when in rome...i guess i'll just be dumping doodles and stuff in here (AKA stuff i don't feel is deviantart-worthy). oh yeah, and i was looking for my slippers today in the closet and found a folder with old pictures and stuff in it, so i'll put a few up smile.gif bear with me.

i don't do a whole lot of fma fanart but this is something i finished today. i did the outline last week and i've been coloring it in econ this week (penguin|tired can attest. yeah, it sucks when dwyer turns out the lights because i don't like drawing in the dark). took about 45 minutes with a mechanical pencil. i hate his pants.
IPB Image

here's one of the pictures i found today....copyart of naruto with red lead, done around thanksgiving two years ago while talking on the phone. around 15 or 20 minutes. (btw, copyart is just me looking at a picture and drawing exactly what i see, it's not tracing) it's very lopsided.
IPB Image

a getbackers one i did in english last year. it was on the really old sketch pad so it didn't scan that wonderfully. done with red and blue lead, also copyart. around 40 minutes, probably. ginji's face is screwed up.
IPB Image

and a violin i did on saturday morning while watching pokemon and one piece, for my friend's recital brochure. had a reference for the shape and biggest highlights, took under 30 minutes.
IPB Image

i'll post more another time =P comment/criticize away!
wolfi1412
the violin rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RoyxRiza BigFan
ph34r.gif wow..you very good in life study reference art...so accurate! blink.gif

and yeah there is mustang!@W@...but no riza desu sad.gif
Asakura_yoh
woa.. that is amazing XD I like the Naruto one... XD
dreamcatcher_alchemist
*drools over both the violin and the roy image* wow. you have A LOT of talent. your ability to draw and shade is simply amazing. well done!
gohrei
WOW*0*

ur fanarts...are GOOD!!!!!!

oh my god....so pretty!!!!!*o*
wolfi1412
do you take lessons?
Sapphire Alchemist Naur
impressive.....I especially like the getbackers and naruto one. Your Col. Mustang is good but the pose is a bit straight forward to impress me. It's much harder to get the "not just standing there" poses with any cartooning style. Otherwise though the proportions are right on, the shading is superb, and most particularily you got the extremities (hands and feet) down.
xrninja
yeah, i agree (i'm not particularly fond of the roy picture period, action poses are a lot more interesting to draw =P). thanks for all the comments! i'm not well-known or anything at deviantart so i don't exactly get a lot of feedback.

and yeah, i've been going to art class for 10 or 11 years now. i took up doing anime fanart myself though for fun but also turned out to be a little bit of side-training for my regular art classes. i used to do a lot of copyart both to practice anime styles and for me to practice accuracy for drawing the things i see (like when my teacher has me draw statueheads, etc). on top of that with fanart i can practice anatomy and shading folds and bodies, and now some of that's just second nature. anime drawing for me is just a hobby (<---incurable doodleholic), but i want to improve a looot more smile.gif
Sapphire Alchemist Naur
Well then *claps hands together and bows* please post on my "yourself in fma" thread!
xrninja
here's an al sketch i just did. this was my first time drawing al, he's so fun to draw~! this was a no-eraser picture, just mechanical pencil. about 15 minutes with reference from the end of episode 42. hmm, i need to find more pictures of al...

IPB Image

sorry it's so tiny, i see my file size was too large again and photobucket resized it.
wolfi1412
xrninja!! that's so good!!
Gashole
ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif If these are unworthy I don't know where my artworks would place.
Hex-Sama
@xrninja: Whoa! Your fanart is awesome! I love the sketch of Alphonse and the violin. I can't wait tell I get a scanner, then I can post my fanart. biggrin.gif
hagane_no_tokage
nice work, i really like the pic of roy, the folds in the cloth and the glove are excellent. happy.gif
dragonflame327
Wow! Nice!! You have a deviant art site? Oooh, what is it? If these are "scribbles" I wanna see what you think is good.
xrninja
sadly, it's about the same stuff. rolleyes.gif;; i wish i had the time to spend on good fanart though, all i have time for are quick sketches and the like T__T
xrninja
apologies for the double post, but here's some more stuff:

IPB Image
roy is my favorite character in hagaren to draw, cause he's easier than the others happy.gif;; it's friday night after chinese school and i'm not allowed out and there's nowhere to go....so i doodled a roy. and he's not in uniform because i've never drawn him in regular clothes and i need to practice drawing folds quickly anyway. took around 1/2 hour. i have a lineart-phobia but i want to color it, so i'll lineart it eventually and fix all the mistakes. no reference for this one, but a lot of inspiration from wen-m and the guys at school who dress like this. so apparently, roy's having his midlife crisis a little early and wants to look young again. poor roy.
hello. like OMG, thats like ...sooooo KAWAIIIIIIII. i loooove roy, he's like my FAVORITE character, i mean he's just so HOT
xrninja
QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 4 2004, 09:21 PM)
hello. like OMG, thats like ...sooooo KAWAIIIIIIII. i loooove roy, he's like my FAVORITE character, i mean he's just so HOT

jeanette.....remind me to shoot you tomorrow. you're not allowed here anymore XPPP
hagane_no_tokage
niiiice. roy looks sexay... *drool* good proportions, nice outfit. love the expression, too. great pic! biggrin.gif

EDIT: PS, i love the wrist cuff. XD
Hex-Sama
@xrninja: Nice drawing of Roy! That's one of the first fanart's of him i've seen were he isn't in uniform. I give it a 10 out of 10! Two thumbs up! biggrin.gif
Asakura_yoh
Woa!!! Now that is what I call impressive ^^ *bows*
Akaina
These are totally awesome! I love the shading you do, it's absolutely amazing! Roy looks great, it's like he sayin, "yeah, I'm not in uniform. Got a problem with that? Oh by the way, look at my cool wristband" XD
Cool, you go to chinese school? 你好 ^__^ 你學中文學了多久了﹖
xrninja
QUOTE(Akaina @ Dec 5 2004, 06:35 PM)
Cool, you go to chinese school? 你好 ^__^ 你學中文學了多久了﹖

hmm, i'm in 12th grade now, and so this would be my 13th year. but i still suck badly at chinese; but i've been learning japanese for 4 years i seem to be much better at it mellow.gif;; probably because my conversational chinese is just fine and i'd rather learn more japanese.

but thanks for the comments, guys smile.gif i added the wristcuff on a whim because the arm's angle wasn't shown very well without it (and i've always sort of wanted one). and his pants are really low on his butt rolleyes.gif;; i'm going to see if i can force myself to ink it (inking phobia!) and give it a quick cg tongue.gif
Akaina
wow, thats a long time. As long as you can survive in a place where Chinese is the dominant language, then I think it's fine ^__^
Is your japanese self-taught? I wanna take classes but there aren't any availiable where I live, even as an extra curricular thing. As a result I've been teaching myself for 2 years or so... I'm okay. I can read the manga, so that's fine for me right now biggrin.gif
Drive has a lot to do with learning a language. I'm kinda learning french (keyword kinda) but I always think about japanese and end up studying that instead ^__^()

Inking takes guts... I'm always scared I'm gonna ruin a picture when I ink it O__O
xrninja
QUOTE(Akaina @ Dec 5 2004, 07:20 PM)
oooo, that's cool. Our family has it's own section, but there aren't any defined boundaries (or not that I know of.)
Are you not living in America now? The graveyards are just so... emotionless. Or that's the feeling I get from them. Everything's so orderly in rows and the like that it doesn't feel like there's much there.
Hey, just as a random thing, do you listen to Chinese music? pop and stuff i mean.

our cemetary is actually really pretty! green hills, flowers, balloons, statues....smile.gif i've lived in california all my 17.8something years of existence smile.gif i've actually only been to taiwan once (gasp! is the normal response to that), but here in the SF bay area, it's very asian anyway. and my public high school's notoriously elite, so all the asians flock here (48% asian, 48% white, 2% other). i've been taking japanese at school since freshman year, so i'm in japanese 4 honors now. besides watching anime and reading manga in japanese, i do a little studying on my own as well because i love learning the language biggrin.gif for chinese i'm more "blahh...i speak it at home and i can read a menu and i know enough words from chinese school, don't wanna learn any more! give me back my friday nights!"

as for chinese music, i don't listen to very much at all sleep.gif besides my mom's cai ching CD in her car, at least. my friend's burning me her jay chou CD though, cause i think he's pretty good. even if one song did start out with him rapping about him going to his grandma's house for her birthday and he's putting on his new suit. i listen to a ton of japanese music though; i think my playlist only has around 12 non-japanese songs mellow.gif i like being to semi-understand what they're singing about, for some reason i have a terrible time triyng to understand chinese songs.

and inking does take guts!! especially the face >___< i always seem to end up with bleeding/randomly dying pens. my sakura micron is a little dead and fat now because i used it to fill out college app stuff (why? i must have been going through temporary insanity, as usual).
Akaina
Gasp indeed~ lol, I've been once also. My family lives in Malaysia, so thats where we go. Yep, that sounds about right. Elite schools atract asians XD My school's not terribly elite, our school body is probably 25-30% asian.

Jay! My friend lent me Yu Hui Mei and qi li xiang, and she definately got me hooked on his music. Now I'm pestering her to get me the other CDs biggrin.gif San nien er Ban and Nuo Fu are my favs, though I haven't heard any of his other stuff yet. Lookin forward to him rappin about his granny, though XD It's especially hard to listen to Chinese music, I've found. Maybe because of the absence of tones? i dunno. His specifically... well, he is rapping reeeally fast, so that's prolly a reason. rolleyes.gif
She's also going to the concert he's having at Mohegan sun.. I envy her. *glare glare* I wanna go buy tickets now...

Most of my songs are chinese or japanese, mostly japanese because I know more performers.
Whenever I'm inking I'll get nervous when I do the face and end up making squiggly lines sometimes dry.gif I think to myself, this is just a drawing! focus! and while I was off in wonderland I drew a line two inches off of the sketch >__<
xrninja
my friend is going to a jay chou concert this christmas with her sister down in LA, i think i'd be more jealous if i had listened to more of his songs though. if it was asian kung-fu generation, though, i'd have to kill her for the tickets rolleyes.gif what japanese bands/singers do you listen to? a lot of my playlist is anime music and songs from bands i've heard sing OPs, EDs, and stuff. but i'd like to dL more stuff from other singers as well smile.gif

inking is such a nightmare! you can see someone's confidence level in their artwork, and i'm so nervous while inking, all my lines turn out squiggly and messed up sad.gif and then i hate inking even more. inked lineart is so much easier to cg, though. like for this picture i did the lineart here in pencil and spend a looong time cleaning it up and redoing lines, for fear of the pen. unfortunately i was using oC and my trial's expired and i had to do the cg in one sitting, take screenshots, and piece it together in photoshop. so i didn't get the do the shadows on his skin mad.gif someday, someday i'll get a copy of oC!
Asakura_yoh
oh cool... you both are chinese?
Akaina
Yes, Asian Kung-Fu Generation =^________^= god I am obsessed with them. They're definately my favourite band right now. Is it true that Rewrite is an FMA opening? I haven't seen the anime yet... I need more of their music... but the only place I'd be able to buy thier CDs in in Kinokiniya, and the closest one in is NY *cries* I need my AKFG fix!
Orange Range is pretty cool too, and Plastic Tree. Baka ni natta no ni! My friend's sister lent me thier CD, and the music video for that song is wacky XD Shiina Ringo is a fav, her jazzy stuff is just so cool! There are lots of others that I can't think of right now...

lol, I've done that for OC too, just because I lurve it so much! *hugs expired trial version* why did you betray me?!
I'm a nervous one too ^__^() But I want that clean look that inking gives, and that desire is stronger than my nervousness so I eventually overcome it. Eventually.
Asakura_yoh
err you somehow made me confused..... Anyway, it is great to have some chinese friends here... And.. somemore... know how to draw (?) lol I dunno how bout you.... XD
*whackself* Quit spamming in others topic!!! >.<;;
Akaina
Hah, you're not spamming. If anything, xrninja and I spammed your board ^__^()
Yeah, we're both chinese. You are too, right? I know how to draw, I just haven't drawn much FMA stuff yet. But when I do, I'll definately post here.

Sorry to confuse you, I didn't see your post before I replied. It is great to have chinese friends here^^
Asakura_yoh
Lol... yeah sure! *bows* it is a pleasure!! XD
Hope to see your fanart as soon as possible! XD
Shall make a chinese fanart club for sure *bows*
xrninja
AKFG's my favorite band too! this forum is your friend: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4327

i just dLed two of Orange Range's CDs from there yesterday too. i'm still picking out the ones i wanna keep though; some of their songs are a little odd rolleyes.gif i'll go check out plastic tree too, i saw a torrent for that on the forum i linked. shimokawa mikuni, who did all the OPs and EDs for Full Metal Panic, is also really good. when i find them i'll give you sites to dL songs like Tomorrow and Sore ga, Ai desho biggrin.gif (ugh, i had way too much maguro and toro for dinner x__X ugh.). for orange range, i'm still trying to get the full version of the bleach OP, Asterisk.

and yep, rewrite is the 4th FMA OP, but the dub-watchers will only get Ready Steady Go as the dub OP, because of L'arc en Ciel's contract with funi. have you gotten your hands on the subs yet?

currently deciding to ignore japanese hw in favor of linearting. what should i use, ink or ballpoint? wen-m on deviantart, my IDOL, gets really good lineart results with ballpoint....i'm totally trying to bite off of his style, ahhh. >__>;;
Akaina
I am definately favoriting that and visiting it tomorrow. I've seen some of FMP and I thought the opening song was really good, so I'll go check Shimokawa out.
Yeah, I'm downloading the whole series @__@ needless to say it's taking a while... it's at like 57% right now and I'm dying for it. I stopped the torrent and played the ones I could play... and even then it skipped sooo much. But it satisfyed me because I got to hear Ed and Al's voices ^____^

I've been toying around with ballpoint also because some of my fav. artists also use it, but... I haven't figured out the secret yet u__u() go for the ballpoint!!
ahh, gtg to bed now, school tomorrow. 再見!
xrninja
well, i haven't had time to finish inking the roy but inspired by lime-chan's cute chibi eds, the fma gifttag i saw, and christmas desperation, i doodled up an ed for my own christmas giftcards, tags, whatever.

IPB Image

....can you tell that i don't want people taking it? sorry, but i'm coloring it later and i'd rather not see it floating around on the internet. anyway, he's supposed to have transmuted the present but i'm not sure you'd be able to tell that he was doing something other than levitating it unless you saw it in color tongue.gif and yeah, i'm still a little inking-phobic, so the linearts in bloody pencil, bah.
Quistis88
I LOVE YOUR ED, xrninja! laugh.gif

I love the little greeting message most of all. wink.gif
Hedera
xrninja
Awww... ~.~ Oh my... he's sooo cuuuute!!!
But... I think, he need a more chibi-like face. wink.gif He would be even cuter. smile.gif
xrninja
thanks for the comments! smile.gif yeah, i can see how his face is too un-chibi. i haven't drawn very many chibi pictures in the past and i'm more used to doing regular fanart like the ones i posted in the beginning of the thread and etc. i'm doing some quick coloring on it now, and if it turns out nicely i'll post it biggrin.gif my art teacher knows about this company that will print your drawings on this big square stack of post-its, if i can do this in time and i'm able to order and stuff, i can give these away for christmas/sell them XD i'm a little short on money, anyway.
hagane_no_tokage
ka...kawaiiiii~! omigosh, that's soooo kyute! even if the face is a little un-chibi, it's still a *really* cute image. XD and your copyright notice is quite amusing, also.
Hedera
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 11 2004, 05:04 PM)
thanks for the comments! smile.gif yeah, i can see how his face is too un-chibi. i haven't drawn very many chibi pictures in the past and i'm more used to doing regular fanart like the ones i posted in the beginning of the thread and etc. i'm doing some quick coloring on it now, and if it turns out nicely i'll post it biggrin.gif my art teacher knows about this company that will print your drawings on this big square stack of post-its, if i can do this in time and i'm able to order and stuff, i can give these away for christmas/sell them XD i'm a little short on money, anyway.

Wow!!! That's really cool! ohmy.gif Good luck! wink.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
wow, these pics from xrninja are really wonderful..

damn.... -> *have to persuade my friend to scan all my pics that i gave him as a present... -.-*
Hex-Sama
@xrninja: ohmy.gif *huggles the chibi picture of edward* I LOVE IT! He looks so cute! biggrin.gif You did an awesome job!
xrninja
again, thanks for the all the feedback smile.gif i finished the cg, probably about 1:45 total, not sure cause i worked on it on and off. this is the fm-a.com version:

IPB Image

i've been fiddling around in photoshop and i think i like coloring messily like this, cel shading is far too confining....i was hurrying to work on a project though when i was doing the jacket, so that's rather half-assed. and i know i drew his shoes wrong, oops rolleyes.gif and as you can see from the note on the previous picture and the one underneath the copyright, don't take this picture and use it in other places. i will be very, very, angry ph34r.gif
GuestHole
Awesome, but maybe his face needs to be more chibi-ish. tongue.gif
Quistis88
It's quite nice. I LOVE IT. biggrin.gif
hagane_no_tokage
*tackleglomps the chibi ed* XD i can't decide which one i like better... colored, or uncolored...

*switches browser windows back and forth*

colored... uncolored... colored...uncolored...
blink.gif aaugh! they're both so kyute i can't decide!!!
Hedera
xrninja
As for me - I think the colored version is cuter... It looks more completed. wink.gif
But his hair should be a little more shiny... or more detailed...
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I love it! Its so cute too, and the colouring looks great. well done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.