Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 23 Cover Is Out! (for Chapters 92, 93, 94, & 95)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Kirara
There is a nice Roy video (MMV) on the Gangan site (with the cover from the Vol. 23 that's coming out in Japan on August 12, 2009).

And in case people can't see the video here is a picture of the new cover (courtesy of Hamsterfactor over on livejournal)

Vol. 23 should cover chapters 92-95 if I am not mistaken so all the Roy and Envy stuff (hence why he is on the cover). smile.gif

I am guessing Envy will be on the spine.
Forsaken Love
ooo nice cover! not my fav but a nice cover :3 thanks kirara happy.gif
Jealous Rogo
Very nice, a little plain I have to be honest, but it works.
Tombow
Thank you, Kirara!! biggrin.gif Judging from the chapters this volume book contains, I say Roy is a very appropriate choice for the cover!! I like it!! smile.gif
Kale Mustang
I really dig the cover: colors are appropriate, it's simple, and there's an explosion behind Roy.

Perfect. cool.gif
amestris_star
I personally love it <3 And I love that "Roy story trailer" too...
Too much love will kill me, thanks Kirara!
KidAkabane
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jul 15 2009, 10:31 AM) *
I really dig the cover: colors are appropriate, it's simple, and there's an explosion behind Roy.

Perfect. cool.gif
The explosion really adds something to it doesn't it? laugh.gif
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (KidAkabane @ Jul 15 2009, 10:49 AM) *
The explosion really adds something to it doesn't it? laugh.gif

Heck yeah, because it's an explosion.

Roy makes things explode with class.

Only fitting that both he and Ed tend to make blowing (non-human) things up look cool.
amestris_star
Has anyone noticed that he's without his glove? Just like we had noticed in Chapter 95 itself... mmmh, then I suppose this confirms that she did that on purpose.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 15 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Has anyone noticed that he's without his glove? Just like we had noticed in Chapter 95 itself... mmmh, then I suppose this confirms that she did that on purpose.

Looks like he has his glove on in the close up (look at the background of the video still - it appears to be the same Roy drawing) and it's probably the coloring of the cover that makes him look glove-less.
amestris_star
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jul 15 2009, 11:29 PM) *
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 15 2009, 02:19 PM) *

Looks like he has his glove on in the close up (look at the background of the video still - it appears to be the same Roy drawing) and it's probably the coloring of the cover that makes him look glove-less.

Mmh, maybe you're right... I suppose I was deceived by the actual coloring of the page... I'm really looking forward for a HQ version of that pic when the volume's out <3
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 15 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Mmh, maybe you're right... I suppose I was deceived by the actual coloring of the page... I'm really looking forward for a HQ version of that pic when the volume's out <3

Same here. Ahh, such an awesome cover. *grins*
riza hawkeye 9
This is so Awesome !!!! I want the video XD
Thanks a lot !!!
FMAobsessed
Thank you Kirara! I am excited that Roy is solo on a cover. Only Ed has apppeared solo on a FMA manga cover. Most of the time there are other characters.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Jul 15 2009, 09:11 PM) *
I am excited that Roy is solo on a cover. Only Ed has apppeared solo on a FMA manga cover. Most of the time there are other characters.

Yeah, I agree. Any time Roy's been on the cover, there's usually other people on the cover alongside him. This time, he gets a solo cover. Pretty awesome.
Mr. Deathy
Although it makes sense and is probably artistically better to just have Roy on the cover for these scenes, I do feel a bit sad that Envy has no place on it for his final scenes.
mellulah
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Jul 22 2009, 10:59 AM) *
Although it makes sense and is probably artistically better to just have Roy on the cover for these scenes, I do feel a bit sad that Envy has no place on it for his final scenes.

Yeah same here. I was hoping that Envy would be on the cover but hey maby he'll get the space on the spine. He hasn't been on that yet.
kimonodragon88
QUOTE (mellulah @ Jul 22 2009, 03:12 PM) *
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Jul 22 2009, 10:59 AM) *

Yeah same here. I was hoping that Envy would be on the cover but hey maby he'll get the space on the spine. He hasn't been on that yet.

Yeah, I've noticed Envy hasn't had the space on the spine too and I wondered when he would. I like angle of the cover picture. smile.gif
Michiyo-
Found a larger pic of the cover: ^^
amestris_star
*dies from the awesome* The bigger it gets, the better... and please note the details of Roy's uniform *__*
Thanks Michiyo wink.gif
Tombow
Thanks, Michiyo-!! biggrin.gif I din't notice with the smaller pic, but now I see that Roy is in the basement of Central HQ. (D'uh, of course that's where he is!! tongue.gif ) And, I cam also see the explosion, likely from the Flame Alchemy, in the back ground now. Very fitting for the content of this volume! ^^
Backfired
rolleyes.gif woah..... wub.gif the cover!

Arakawa is really amazing, that angle of perspective is really hard, and she executed it so perfectly!!

ohmy.gif I love her art.....
EveningAlchemist
WHOA! Cool video. I didn't know they did things like that for FMA! And a very handsome cover I must say wub.gif The chapters in this volume are kind of "Roy's big moment". We see all the emotions he has gathered throughout the series released, and the cover shows that as well.
mellulah
Any news yet of whoose on the cover?
_Jelly
...Roy?
mellulah
QUOTE (JELEE @ Oct 13 2009, 03:31 AM) *
...Roy?

Ah sorry I ment to say spine XD I was completly not paying attention to what I was typing.
Michiyo-
Envy is on the spine:
mellulah
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Oct 13 2009, 08:59 AM) *
Envy is on the spine:

Thank you much appreciated.
tinlunlau
I saw the Chinese edition on sale at Pacific Mall last weekend. Really tempted to buy it but the store didn't have volume 20 (which is where I've left off at this point.). There's also the fact that I've been buying the Viz English editions as well. It'd be weird to have an incomplete set. But I'll probably buy Chinese vol. 21-23 cuz I am getting impatient now. Viz is taking too long to catch up with the volumes.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (tinlunlau @ Oct 16 2009, 03:34 PM) *
I saw the Chinese edition on sale at Pacific Mall last weekend. Really tempted to buy it but the store didn't have volume 20 (which is where I've left off at this point.). There's also the fact that I've been buying the Viz English editions as well. It'd be weird to have an incomplete set. But I'll probably buy Chinese vol. 21-23 cuz I am getting impatient now. Viz is taking too long to catch up with the volumes.

Viz just released Vol. 20 last month and are releasing Vol. 21 in mid-November. Vol. 22 will be released in January (according to Viz's release schedule) but no word yet on when Vol. 23 will be released.

Looks like after barely releasing the volumes for some time, Viz has finally started releasing them regularly again.
tinlunlau
yeah, i know when the next volumes are coming out from Viz. that's why i can't wait this long when i know the next 3 volumes are available for me to purchase. it isn't like i can't read chinese or anything. i just hope volume 21-23 are still available by next week. there weren't alot of copies in that store.
Shukumei Taisa
I have a little qustio fo you.... When is out FMA in US? In italy i have to wait 4 months... I WANT TO DIE!
mellulah
Anyone know if the 4koma's for this volume have been scanned?
FMAobsessed
Has Envy ever been on the spine of any manga volume? I am sure he has, but I can't remember.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Nov 6 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Has Envy ever been on the spine of any manga volume? I am sure he has, but I can't remember.

Only on vol. 23.
Michiyo-
QUOTE (mellulah @ Nov 6 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Anyone know if the 4koma's for this volume have been scanned?

There was only one 4koma in this volume.
Here it is:

mellulah
There was only one 4koma in this volume.
Here it is:

Thank you very much.
mellulah
Hate to be a pain again but would anyone happen to have a scan of the little bit of who died in each volume? Sorry if I keep asking too much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.