Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5cm Per Second
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
lunneth
5 Centimeters Per Second: a chain of short stories about their distance (秒速5センチメートル: アチェインオブショートストリーズアバウトゼアディスタンス Byōsoku Go Senchimētoru: a chein obu shōto sutorīzu abauto zea disutansu?), is a 2007 Japanese animated feature film by Makoto Shinkai. The film was finished on 22 January 2007.

Plot Summary: A tale of two people, Tono Takaki and Shinohara Akari, who were close friends but gradually grow farther and farther apart as time moves on. They become separated because of their families yet continue to exchange contact in the form of letters. Yet as time continues to trudge on, their contact with one another begins to cease. Years pass and the rift between them grows ever larger. However, Takaki remembers the times they have shared together, but as life continues to unfold for him, he wonders if he would be given the chance to meet Akari again as the tale embarks on Takaki's realization of the world and people around him.

Genres: drama, romance, slice of life
Themes: circumstances, love at distance
Age Rating: Teen

--------------------

anyone else like. i've begun watching it.
Popogeejo
Why are all your threads the same?

<Show>
Anyone like it? I've begun watching/playing/listening to it.

moar effort plz.
lunneth
well what else exactly to say. i'm just lazy. i don't really see why idle internet chat needs much description anyway unless its so foreign a subject that it needs explaining for any one to make head or tails of it. the question i've posed is dose anyone else like the film, not tell me to clean up my lazy habits. usually topics such as this draw in those who know the series not those who don't.m thx for your perfectly needed comment

yous truly
the tit who dosen't care: lunneth
Little Washu
QUOTE (Lunneth elric @ Jul 13 2009, 01:46 PM) *
well what else exactly to say. i'm just lazy. i don't really see why idle internet chat needs much description anyway unless its so foreign a subject that it needs explaining for any one to make head or tails of it. the question i've posed is dose anyone else like the film, not tell me to clean up my lazy habits. usually topics such as this draw in those who know the series not those who don't.m thx for your perfectly needed comment

yous truly
the tit who dosen't care: lunneth

Okay. If you plan on making a topic, you should state what you're talking about! I have no clue what this "5cm Per Second" is. Look at this example of a topic by Popo:
Baccano

Notice that he mentions what the anime is about, the characters, and give an opinion about it. You're expected to do this too. When you make a topic about an anime, it's supposed to draw current and possibly new fans. Why do you think no one here posts in your topics? Because they don't know what the hell you're talking about. Take a look at this topic I made:
Axis Powers Hetalia

You should try making your topics look like that, so people can, I dunno, understand them?
lunneth
i'm not sure i can stress the fact of my lazyness much more than i have. to be honest i don't really make topics that often. ut if everyone wants me to explain so bad then i'm gonna be lazy and just post (drum role plz) teh wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_Centimeters_Per_Second
i think we get the point now. hopefully. ah jeez what ever this has gone off in the ultimate tangent. usually if people can't be abit adventurous with anime then thats just a shame. people are different. let me be me and you be you. we can't all be perfect y'know. so please don't expect any more of me than i would of you. if ur interested in the anime then expand please but can we stop this stupid tangent now.
Nytengale
this is a strange name for an anime and my mind is taking it to the gutter, so please tell me wat it is about!! cuz if i read wikipedia, ill spoil for myself like i do wit all the other wiki pages i read about other animes XD
lunneth
well 5cm per second is a film split into 3 parts about a boy named tohno takaki. the first part is on how he plans to meet up with an old friend who moved away a year before the first part. tohno plans to tell her his affections for her through the whole thing. most of the first part though is spent on building up tension for their meeting. the second part is based three years after the first. thats all i can say with out spoiling it.
Nytengale
hmmm...im always one to try out a new anime before i say it sucks or it doesnt!! and normally i'm not one for relationship things, but this one somehow caught my interest now even wit the lil bit u gave me XD i'm gonna look for a place to watch it happy.gif
FMAobsessed
5cm per second is really good. The animation is really beautiful. And I love how the relationship between the two main characters is shown. Also I love the ending song. "One more time, one more chance" it is really soothing.
Nytengale
I watched it!!! zomganime.com has everything XD I liked it, it was cute. And sad cuz they didn't end up together, but it was really sweet and the animation was beautiful! I'm glad I watched it! Thank you! ^__^
lunneth
no probs. it was an awsome film. recomend it please cause this film has nowhere near the attention it deserves. it deserves as much hype as spirited away got in my opinion.
Nytengale
dont wry, ill tell my friends!!!!! I'll polly be able to rope a couple of them into watching it. haha ^__^
fmaexpert
5cm per second is probably one of my fav anime movies so far. the animation is beautiful and the story is rly good even if it is sad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.