Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keeping Track Of Skipped/changed FMA Manga Scenes In FMA:B Anime
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
AA battery
<This thread was split from "Scenes From Manga That Won't Appear In Anime? Just taking guesses here... feel free to leave a penny" thread. ~ Tombow>
It seems many FMA manga fans care a great deal about certain scenes that did not appear in corresponding FMA:B anime episode and scene/story changes in FMA:B anime from FMA manga. So...lets' discuss that here. smile.gif

Please report the scenes from manga that DID NOT appear in corresponding FMA:Brotherhood episode.

* Please use the following format when reporting the missing scenes. ^^
Thanks, and please keep them coming!! biggrin.gif

Reporting Format:

Episode No.

Corresponding FMA manga chapter No. (for the scene you're talking about)

If possible, add pic of the panel and/or the page No. for the scene.
* You can get the link to the pic of corresponding manga chapter pages from our Manga Viewer, or other sources. smile.gif

Content:

Comment:

====================

"SKIPPED" FMA manga scenes in FMA:Brotherhood anime :

* Click on "Scene" and wait till the post will fully load, and that will take you to the post with that report with more details. smile.gif

Episode 1: Fulmetal Alchemist
(To Be Filled)

Episode 2: The First Day
Scene: Roy & Riza are heading to check out Elric Brothers who are supposedly in their 30's
Scene: Ed remarks to Roy about Roy not reacting when Ed pointed the spear at Bradley
Scene: When Ed meets Roy again Roy informs Ed that he was promoted to Colonel.
Scene: Teacher throws a chalk at young Ed who was checking the list of human components

Episode 3: City of Heresy
(To Be Filled)

Episode 4: An Alchemist's Anguish
(To Be Filled)

Episode 5: Rain of Sorrows
(To Be Filled)

Episode 6: Road of Hope
Scene: Lust threatens to kill a little girl if Marco refused to cooperate.
Scene: Pinako's flashback of Elric brothers after the failed attempt of human transmutation.

Episode 7: Hidden Truths
Scene: Al explains how Alchemists code their notes, then gives a couple of examples.

Episode 8: The Fifth Laboratory
(To Be Filled)

Episode 9: Created Feelings
(To Be Filled)

Episode 10: Separate Destinations
(To Be Filled)

Episode 11: Miracle at Rush Valley
(To Be Filled)

Episode 12: One is All, All is One
(To Be Filled)

Episode 13: Beasts of Dublith
Scene: Extended fight scene of tireless Al vs Greed's Chimera, & showing Al knew the place
Scene: Al makes a surprises attack on Greed with his own little Alchemy trick
Scene: Greed's gang misunderstood Al & think Ed is dead, and try to cheer up Al

Episode 14: Those Who Lurk Underground
(To Be Filled)

Episode 15: Envoy from the East (interim title)
(To Be Filled)

Episode 16: In the Footsteps of a Comrade-in-arms
(To Be Filled)

Episode 17: The Cold Flame
(To Be Filled)

Episode 18: The Pledge of the Common Man (tentative title)
(To Be Filled)

Episode 19: The Death of an Immortal (tentative title)
(To Be Filled)
Tombow
Giving a newly morphed thread a bump. (and see if this idea flies. XD)

Please post "missed" FMA manga scenes for aired FMA:Brotherhood episodes.

On your post, clearly indicate episode No., and the scene that did not appear, with corresponding manga chapter No. (and, if possible, the pic of actual manga panel that was skipped.)

Then we'll keep the chart of all the missed FMA manga scenes. smile.gif

--------------

@AA battery - I morphed your old thread that was discussing the manga scenes that're most likely to get skipped (that one was sinking... sad.gif But, we can still discuss that on "future episode discussion" thread, of course... ^^) and turned it into an experimental "let's discuss missed manga scenes!" thread, and since you were the original OP for discussing "scene skipping," you got the "honor" of being the OP on this one. XD ... let me know what you think. ^^
Of course, if you'd rather not to be the OP on this one, let me know, and I can change. smile.gif But, if you like the idea, the thread is yours, and as usual, please feel free to rearrange to anyway you like.. you know that, right? ^^
(This note will auto-destruct in... well, whenever after the OP sees this message. :P)
Kirara
Oh great idea for a thread smile.gif

Are we also going to discuss changes/additions that the anime made?

You know it might be easier if people volunteer to work on specific episodes as well.
Forsaken Love
ooo nice idea for a thread, lulz there will be lots of scenes to be mentioned XD only about 2 more episodes and it SHOULD (please God) slow down and cover all of the new stuff though right?
Tombow
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 22 2009, 03:48 PM) *
Oh great idea for a thread smile.gif

Are we also going to discuss changes/additions that the anime made?

@Kirara - Gahaha, thanks, ^^ And, about discussing changes/additions that the anime made...yeah, why not... I think we can discuss those in details on the posts, although the chart may list condensed entries??

@Forsaken Love - Thanks! ^^ And, I hope so...keeping fingers crossed. ^^
penguintruth
Chapter 24: Fullmetal Alchemist (Pages 38-41)
Page 38, page 39, page 40

Content:

After observing Edward pull a spear on the Fuhrer, Edward walks with Roy and Riza, remarking that he didn't see Roy react or try to help the nation's leader. Edward jokingly threatens to tell higher ups, but Roy returns with the threat of revealing his and Al's situation. Ed is enraged by this.

Comments:

Not exactly a vital scene, but sort of humorous and reveals just how much Roy likes to mess with Ed. Also, it shows that Roy may not be all that loyal to Bradley.

For all we know, though, we may see it in some other episode somewhere down the line.

listed

kkg22104
Well...chapters three and four were entirely skipped (Youswell and train).

A really obvious one: bridge scene from chapter 18, was supposed to be in episode 11. Also, the arm wrestling scene.
From the most recent episode 12, Mason as the masked man was skipped.
Forsaken Love
in the most recent episode, Mason was cut out from the dinner eating scene and also the part at the dinner table where Ed asks Izumi why she hasn't had children *awkwaaaaaaaard pause* ed and al showing Izumi their improvement in alchemy by making the horses, where shes sees lack of circleness with Ed, and asks him about the truth with Al being very unaware of what they are talking about, the part where izumi fixes the toy train and councils that kid about the dead cat and makes the cat a grave and she makes ed and al tell her about the human transutation on a hill in the sunset? I think. Anyways thats basically all of chapter 20 but particually page 19 to the end
Tombow
Thanks everyone for the reports! biggrin.gif

I think penguintruth came up with an awesome "Reporting Format" for this thread! Let's all use this when making the report posts for this thread. ^^

Reporting Format:

Episode No.

* You can get the link to the pic of corresponding manga chapter pages from our Manga Viewer, or other sources. smile.gif

Content:

Comment:

Let's try to stick to this format when reporting the missing scenes. ^^
Forsaken Love
eep sorry Tombow, I'll keep to that format in future

Episode 6: The Road of Hope

Manga chapter 8 pg 39-44 http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/8/40/

Content:
Lust threatens to kill a little girl if Marco refused to cooperate

listed

=============

Episode 6: The Road of Hope

Manga chapter 9 pg20-22 http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/9/20/

Content:
Pinako's flashback, a few pannles of Al bringing in Ed covered with blood, his strength to go through automail surgery etc

listed

==============

comments:

There were a few other bits and pieces I think, but more speech, and the rearanging of pannles, so i can't really remember XD. I was a little dissopointed they missed out the little flashback bit from chapter 9, even though it was short (i like blood XD) I also thought they should have shown the extra part with Marco but perhaps we will see it later?
Kirara
Taking from Penguintruth some more from chapter 24

Chapter 24: Fullmetal Alchemist (Pages 1-3)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/24/01/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/24/02/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/24/03/

Content:

Roy & Riza are on a cart heading to the hometown of Ed & Al. They got reports of two talented alchemists (the Elric Brothers) who were supposedly in their 30's but the report was in error

Comments:

Not necessarily a vital scene but it does give a clearer picture of what Roy & Riza were doing in Resembool looking for Ed & Al to begin with.

listed

-----------------------

Chapter 24: Fullmetal Alchemist (Page 27)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/24/27/

Content:

Ed travels to East City to meet up with Roy who takes him to Central for the State Alchemist exam. Roy informs Ed that in the year he was waiting for him to make up his mind he was promoted to Colonel from Lt. Colonel.

Comments:

Again maybe not terribly important but like the scene where Roy does not flinch when he sees Ed point the spear at Bradley I think it demonstrates Roy's ambitions quite well. Not to mention there is some nice banter between Ed & Al (that is one thing that is practically completely missing from Brotherhood sadly).

listed
BloodRed Alchemist
EPISODE 7: HIDDEN TRUTHS
CHAPTER 10: THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE(PAGE 26)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/10/26/

Content:
Al explains how Alchemists code their notes then gives a couple of examples.

Comment:
It may not be the most important scene but I liked it. The scene gave a fun/interesting bit of info about the types of codes that Ed and Mustang use in their notes.

listed
Tombow
@penguintruth, Kirara, BloodRed Alchemist, & Forsaken Love - Your reports up to this far are all listed on the chart now. Thank you!! biggrin.gif

@kkg22104 - Could you kindly edit posts to strictly follow the Reporting Format (Episode #, Chapter #, Page #/ Pics of the page, Content, Comment,) so that I can list them as well?? (It would be much easier if you do it, than me reading your posts and second guessing and deciphering your posts and converting to the Reporting Format. XD) That would be very much appreciated!! smile.gif

Once again, here is the format for reporting posts. ^^

=============

Reporting Format:

Episode No.

Content:

Comment:

==============

Please stick to this format when reporting the missing scenes. ^^
BloodRed Alchemist
EPISODE 2: THE FIRST DAY

CHAPTER 21 (PAGE 11)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/21/11/

CONTENT:
Ed and Al are in school figuring out the proportions of the human body. The teacher makes tells them that right now they are in math class to which the bros reply,"But it's boring!" The teacher throws a piece of chalk and Ed blocks it w/his book.(If I remember correctly from another translation the kanji above ed says something like "Elric Block" Not 100% on that though.)

COMMENT:
Again it may not be all that important but it does show just how hard the bros were working on human transmutation.It shows that did indeed go to school at one time in their young lives since it was never referenced in the anime(they were definitely the smartest kids in class considering the math they're doing is way higher than the math on the board).Also it gives a little insight on what school was like in Resembool.

listed
Kirara
Episode 13: The Beasts of Dublith

Chapter 26: To The Master (Pages 28-30)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/26/28/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/26/29/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/26/30/

Content: Just a much extended fight scene between Al and Greed's Chimera. In the manga Al runs away from the chimera. They think they have the advantage because it is their home turf but Al shows he has the advantage because his metal body does not tire. Not to mention he actually knows the place because Ed and him used to play in the building when they were training with Izumi as kids.
listed

==============

Chapter 27: The Beasts of Dublith (Pages 12-13)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/27/12/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/27/13/

Content: After Greed tells Al his reasons for wanting to learn about Al's body, Al decides that they are bad people and surprises Greed with a little alchemy.
listed

Comments: Commenting on these two scenes together because I have the same issue with both cuts. Neither of these scenes are important to the plot necessarily. But I think they are important to Al's characterization. Although Al did get caught in the end these scenes show that he has spunk and is not helpless without Ed. I was very dismayed to see most of Al's scenes cut in this episode.

==============

Chapter 27: The Beasts of Dublith (Pages 23)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/27/23/

Content: Al tells Greed that his brother is the one who put his soul in the armor. Greed says he will ask his brother and Al replies that Ed is not here (he is at S. headquarters for his assesment). Greed mistakenly thinks Al's brother is dead and feels bad that be brought up such a touchy topic.
Comments: Well this one would have been impossible to do because they sadly also cut all the Southern Headquarter scenes. Still it's a shame it was cut because it's a funny scene and it shows that Greed isn't such a bad guy after all.

listed
Tombow
@BloodRed Alchemist & Kirara - Added your reported missing scenes to the list on the first post! Thank you for your reports!! biggrin.gif
BloodRed Alchemist
Episode 15: The Envoy From the East

Chapter 30(pg 44-45) and Ch 31(pg 1)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/30/44/

Content:
Riza calls Mustang to tell him that she caught some weirdo.Upon picking her up Mustang sees Barry hugging on Riza (his woman XD) he threatens bring out the flames.

Comment:
It was just a really funny scene that not only showed how Barry fell head over heels for Riza but that Roy was totally jealous.Royai fanservice.
kkg22104
Episode 15: Envoy From the East
Chapter 33: Showdown in Rush Valley, page 8

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/33/38/

Content: Winry chases Ed down a beach with a chainsaw.

Comment: Just more manga humor that Bones cut out dry.gif

(EDIT: Just adding some more cuz I didn't want to double post happy.gif)

No corresponding episode
Chapter 3: The Mining Town (all) and Chapter 4: Battle on the Train (all)

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/3/01/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/4/01/

Content: Ed and Al help out the mining town of Youswell and humiliate a Lieutenant named Yoki. Then they save a General by fighting a group of bandits on the train.

Comment: Youswell was an important introduction to Yoki, so they really shouldn't have skipped it. The train battle included an introduction to Mustang, but since they already showed Mustang in the first episode this wasn't necessary.
Sal_san
I was looking over at the FMA Brotherhood: Episode 16 thread of the FMA forums. Why? Well, I have this habit of looking for other people's opinions on the show... it's fun, don't judge me. XD

Anyway, from almost every post I read, they all seemed to be whining about how "___ scene" wasn't in the show.

Honestly, would the entire plot and essence of the story change if they forgot one small, tiny scene? Yes, some of these scenes do add a little to the flow of the story and the characters, and some scenes are important for the plot... but would a small scene, like the Ed and Ling height comparison scene, change everything?

So they replaced Mason with cannibalism in episode 12. Does that change the fact Ed and Al learned the meaning of "One is All, All is One"?

So they introduced Mei Chan a little early. Does that change a great deal of the story?

So they had Ed and Al find out about Hughes' death from Maria Ross instead of reading about it in the newspaper. It doesn't change the fact that they realized someone they cared about was now gone.

Unless it interrupts the flow of the story or changes a great deal of the plot, I couldn't care less if BONES added some extra material or two. I'm sure you agree the toy robot scene in episode 9 was genius. It wasn't there in the manga, but it added something to the episode. Heck, I don't even mind the lack of EdWin or Royai fanservice... FMA isn't about that, anyway.

So some scenes aren't the same as in the manga. Would you really want to see the same scene played out in the exact same way, only animated? Some of you would say "YES!", but don't you think it would be a little tiring if BONES didn't add something new every now and then? Personally, I wouldn't care if they suddenly inserted someone from the old FMA series (in truth, I'd actually be overjoyed.) or change Ling's clothes to green. Stop nitpicking on small changes in the series, and just enjoy the fact that BONES took the time to come up with a passable adaptation of the manga. You only need to start worrying when the anime pulls a FMA 1 and changes the story.

I end my rant here.
Meu
Regarding Sal_san's post above:

If BONES keeps cutting, changing and replacing scenes, the series might end up being quite different from the manga, even if it's just the small details. I mean, it wouldn't matter if they did it once or twice, but e.g. the atmosphere can change a lot because of the lack of jokes. And we manga fans love Arakawa's humor, isn't that a reason good enough to animate them? :> Wasn't that the purpose of doing Brotherhood, to make a version of FMA anime faithful to the manga storyline? That involves also the minor stuff.
Taking away those will flatten the whole thing a lot.

Agh, I can't just express my thoughts with words. >__< I hope you understood what I meant.
Sal_san
^^

I understand what you're trying to explain. happy.gif

That's true. Too much editing could make the anime different from the manga... I sort of wish though that they could edit a few small parts without disrupting the flow or atmosphere. Unlike most of you, I want to see something slightly different, yet essentially the same. You don't have to agree with me, I'm just stating my personal opinion. biggrin.gif

I agree about that. Arakawa's humor is one of the best things about FMA... without her humor, it just wouldn't be FMA. Though I have to admit, sometimes the humor can be just a little too much... like in the first episode, as well as the the eleventh.

That's also true... but if some of those details are unimportant and do almost nothing to the scene, why keep them? And have you thought that it might not translate well to the screen?
DarkSpartan4
I agree with Sal_san. I don't want an exact replica of the manga. If I wanted that, why wouldn't I just reread the manga? Change isn't necessarily bad as long as it isn't on a huge scale. Most of the scenes that people are complaining about that BONES didn't animate aren't majorly important. Sure, it'd be nice to see them animated, but I doubt you'll still be thinking about those scenes in a few weeks. I prefer to just watch this series for enjoyment, rather than watch it to compare it to its manga counterpart and nitpick at all of the differences. I'm just happy that they're keeping the same base storyline as the manga and keeping in all of the important details. If some small stuff is different or cut out, I don't really mind.
Radadinator
I honestly don't give a crap anymore if some scenes are different from the manga. I give a crap if the adaptation is any good. Sure, it's not the best, but I actually enjoy Brotherhood. Jeez, people need to stop acting as if the old series and the manga are holy relics.

OT:
This series could use some more music, but the only thing that really gets on my nerves is the "mysterious piano music". Otherwise, it's pretty nice to listen to.
mellulah
@Radadinator - Too true, too true. I sometimes feel a little odd since I dont often see people who just get on and love the show for what it is. I mean I'm a big fan of the first series and the manga and I'm also enjoying this series. Wouldn't it get a bit boring if all of FMAs varients were the same? I'm glad Bones are mixing it up and rearranging scenes and adding little extra bits in as it gives us something unexpected and new to enjoy. I wish everyone could just settle down instead of arguing over which series is better, how Bones sucks and how they arn't getting the job done properly. If we didn't have Bones then we wouldn't have the great anime they've given us and I wish more people would be a little more thankful over the time and effort they're putting in.
I'm not trying to say everyone is like this it just seems that with each episode loads of people are pointing out the bad things and dwelling on them instead of looking on the brighter side and seeing what Bones have done right.

Oookaaayy... rant over laugh.gif
rzerox21xx
So true, I am thankful for Bones on what they doing now, sure they took some scenes but man the content and the series as a whole is really good. You know how rare it is for what Bones is doing right now compare to all the other anime that never got their complete story adapted. Rurouni Kenshin is up there with Fullmetal as my favorites and I would kill(not really) if they pick up the series and animated the Jinchu arc even if they should redo Tokyo and Kyoto. Took more than a decade for Saint Seiya to get the Hades arc animated finally. Some series are rarely fortunate enought to have this happen and its rare what is happen to Fullmetal which alot of animes are missing out on.
mellulah
Haha XD I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I was bracing for the flames.
Tombow
I think it depends on just what each of us expects from this series.
On one hand, I agree about trying to enjoy this series as is. And, to an extent I do. I really enjoy watching the series. It's generally following manga storyline, and I like that very much.

On the other hand, I'm one of those who actually do not mind seeing this series following the manga, scene to scene, page by page, to the teeth. laugh.gif Because, IMO animation itself is a whole different medium from manga, so that alone, if done well, would probably please me immensely, and fill me with the joy of seeing my fav manga story in anime form. I don't think it will bore me seeing the same storyline, because IMO it is such a good story. And, yes, some of the changes does bother me, and hence we have this thread where we can express our opinions about these changes. BOTH sides of opinions are welcome for the thread, as long as both are expressed in civilized manners in accordance to our forum decorum. smile.gif

* kkg22104 and BloodRed Alchemist, thank you for the reports!! biggrin.gif I will update the list shortly. ^^
Aribelle
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 26 2009, 04:18 PM) *
On the other hand, I'm one of those who actually do not mind seeing this series following the manga, scene to scene, page by page, to the teeth. laugh.gif Because, IMO animation itself is a whole different medium from manga, so that alone, if done well, would probably please me immensely, and fill me with the joy of seeing my fav manga story in anime form. I don't think it will bore me seeing the same storyline, because IMO it is such a good story. And, yes, some of the changes does bother me, and hence we have this thread where we can express our opinions about these changes. BOTH sides of opinions are welcome for the thread, as long as both are expressed in civilized manners in accordance to our forum decorum. smile.gif

I feel the same way completely. I would be perfectly happy if everything was kept exactly the same. I think it's just because I absolutely love the manga, and I think it's basically perfect laugh.gif and thus I was so looking forward to seeing everything exactly as it was in the manga, just in another format. For that reason I am disappointed with the changes being made. I understand if they change something here and there to make it adapt to the screen better, but it's just happening so much and some of it seems unnecessary. For example I have a problem with the way things have been going out of sequence and have been shortened/compacted (like Mei's introduction - that just felt rushed and awkward to me).

And I do realize that it's completely a subjective thing, so I totally understand that it doesn't bother some people and that they like how it's changing things up, and that's fine. If people like it, that's great. And I certainly don't dislike it, I'm just disappointed because in my perfect world it would stick to the manga as strictly as humanly possible laugh.gif. But this is not my perfect world, and so I'm trying to move on and not dwell on what I find to be the negatives, because that gets me nowhere. It's not like Bones is going to change what they've already done.
Cece
They skipped the entire Gluttony & Envy vs. RanFan & Ling scene that fight was pure bad- assness and it was awesome. I'm enraged that they skipped it.
Tombow
@Cece - Could you post that in the reporting post format shown on the first post of this thread so that we can we can add to the list on the first post? Thank you!! smile.gif
Cece
Episode 19:The Death of an Immortal

Chapter 37: The Sinner's Body (Pages 34- 36)
www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/37/34/
Content: RanFan discovers Envy on the roof and Envy starts the fight.

Chapter 38:A Counterattack Signal (Pages 7-8)
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/38/07/
Content: Envy is shapeshifting and running away from Ranfan.

Chapter 38:A Counterattack Signal (Pages 13-17)
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/38/13/
Content: The Ling and RanFan fight against Gluttony and Envy and Glutton falls on Envy HARD.
Comment: Gluttony falling on top of Envy is hilarious.

Is this better Tombow?

Chapter 39: RanFan vs. Envy
www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/39/10/
Content: The fight scene between the Xing characters.
Tombow
^ Thanks, Cece! biggrin.gif
deet-tastic
Wow. What a nice discovery biggrin.gif
I like this topic!
I guess this is kind of spam, but I wanted to bump this guy up.
Because I know that episode 16 (which just aired in English) was lacking an apple pie. I really liked that scene.
Bag of Magic Food
Oh, I was thinking that a topic like this might be nice, but I didn't know that we already had it!

I'd be happy to report some scenes if Tombow will start adding them to the first post again. Or is that AA Battery's job?
Bag of Magic Food
Hm, no one's done City of Heresy yet? Then I'll take a stab at it! (Am I doing it right by using readmanga.com's page numbering system?)

Chapter 1: The Two Alchemists, pages 11-14
Content: Rose makes an offering to the church of Leto.
Comments: Rose's stop to buy supplies was how she originally met the FullMetal Alchemist, as well as how we first learn about how Rose's boyfriend died but she's found new hope in Leto. In Brotherhood, this is first hinted at when Rose prays, then fully explained during FullMetal's first confrontation of Cornello.

Chapter 1: The Two Alchemists, page 21
Content: At Father Cornello's miracle gathering, Edward and Alphonse explain Equivalent Exchange to Rose.
Comments: The anime bumps this scene up to before the brothers meet Rose at the altar, so Rose isn't even in this scene anymore. It's understandable that this conversation would get sped up, since this story isn't the first episode anymore.

Chapter 1: The Two Alchemists, page 26
Content: Brother Cray shoots Al's head off--but Al gets up and fights back, revealing his armor is empty inside.
Comments: Now Ed beats up all the would-be assassins before Cray goes through with firing the gun. Al doesn't lose his head until a little later.

Chapter 1: The Two Alchemists, pages 32-40
Content: Cornello admits his "miracles" are powered by the Philsopher's Stone in his ring in what he thinks is a private meeting with the Elric brothers, but it turns out that Rose heard everything by hiding in Al's armor.
Comments: Since Brotherhood seems to have changed it so that the meeting room with Cornello is the same room where Cray tried to kill the Elrics, they never get to try this plan. So now the scene plays out differently, as Cornello orders Rose to shoot the FullMetal Alchemist to prove her faith, but she only succeeds in shooting Al's head off and discovering that he's hollow. It's a shame the whole idea of Rose hiding inside Al was left out, as it wasn't in the first anime either. But I suppose the anime directors figured it's a pretty lousy con artist who would make the same mistake twice in a row.

Chapter 2: The Price of a Life, page 14 and page 15
Content: Rose points out the broadcast room, and a couple of attendants discover the church bell is missing as Al sneaks off with it to use as an amplifier.
Comments: These could be considered two scenes, but they're consecutive and less than a page long, so I'm throwing them together. They both set up the brothers' plan a little better, and the realization of the missing bell is funny (The first anime had its own version of that scene), but it's no great loss.

Chapter 2: The Price of a Life, pages 27-29
Content: After Cornello's stone rebounds into his arm and breaks, he tries to kill a despondent Edward with a sneak attack. But Ed turns around, and out of anger, transmutes his own giant Leto statue that punches the floor right in front of Cornello.
Comments: This has been turned into the infamous "Hulk Cornello" scene, where Cornello manages to use the last of his depleted stone to make himself grow larger for one final fight. Edward ends it by extending the arm on an existing statue of Leto to punch Cornello away. It's been noted that this changes what's seen on a return trip to Liore, where in chapter 82 Ed's statue is sticking out of the roof, while in episode 44, the roof's been completely destroyed so we can see the statue with the stretched arm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.