Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tell Us About Your Usernames!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Ailuro
For curiosity and boredom's sake, I wanna find out how many of you have a username not related to FMA at all.

I'll count myself as one.
Gashole
Might as well ask why. wink.gif
So I said.
Chibi Viki
mine is from my favorite video game, Suikoden (3).
xrninja
the XR is from the beginning of my sn, and ninja are just that cool. and plus in this webcomic i read my favorite character's tag is VA Ninja smile.gif
Thievesvinegar
During the middle ages, while the black death raged in Europe thousands of people dropped dead. Among those who survived plundered the homes that were infected and stole richees and such. As a precaution against the black plague, these thieves soaked a rag in vinegar and put it over their mouths and noses. Thus my name.
Ailuro
Wow. That's interesting and historical.

For mine, I came across the word "Ailurophobia" meaning fear of cats. I thought the root word flowed and sounded elegant so I used it. Keep in mind though that I'm not ailurophobic.

From the Greek "ailouros" (cat) and "phobos" (fear). Alternate spellings: "Aelurophobia," "elurophobia." The Greek word "ailourous" has also given us the English word "Ailuroidea," a zoological term for a group of carnivorous animals including cats, hyenas and civets.

Yep. happy.gif
Lady Battousai
ohmy.gif Oh my gosh...thievesvinegar's name is very interesting!

Apparently mine is just a guy from Rurouni Kenshin dry.gif . Kind of boring...I guess and no story at all
Gashole
Anyone want to guess where mine comes from? (I don't think I know for sure.)
Carnal Malefactor
Mine is from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. tongue.gif
Ailuro
Oh yes Gashole. Do tell. ^__^

Mine is from Aqua Teen Hunger Force

That is such a weird show. xD
Gashole
I meant I was hoping you could tell me.
Ailuro
-.-;

Okay.. You were bored one day and thought of the magnificient idea to put 'Gas' and 'hole' together. That and you're crazy. xD
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Nov 10 2004, 03:09 AM)
Oh yes Gashole. Do tell. ^__^

Mine is from Aqua Teen Hunger Force

That is such a weird show. xD

That's why I love it.

Though they've been in a bit of a slump this season.
Ailuro
I've only seen a few episodes myself and the ones I saw were so random. o_o
Are most of the episodes like that?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Nov 10 2004, 03:20 AM)
I've only seen a few episodes myself and the ones I saw were so random. o_o
Are most of the episodes like that?

Yup, pretty much.

There was one that had a Mexican bean execute a hypno-germ... I can't even begin to explain it.
-=] AkunoToraNo Ouji [=-
"the dark tiger's prince"

my gf made a aol sn in japanese "his dark tiger"
She's japanese and knows i love tigers!, but oddly enough before i met her she used 'ladyazntiger'
Switch
This is yhe main man Switch here. my name came fron 2 places... is from the fact that I am an EXTREME techy!!!! (yea rise of the techno dance) and i am always fiddiling w/ somekind of a lever, butten, or SWITCH! the other thing is that i am a contortionist! i can 'Switch' ma body around into positions that are unsure.gif ummm.... Aquard? wacko.gif smile.gif
Thievesvinegar
oh you're a freak show, how fun.
Switch
Yup that is me, and i take it as a compliment, i entered a freekshow at ma school and i got 2nd place smile.gif
Ailuro
Okay... *cough* o_o
Switch
okey maby it is not anything to be that proud of but at least i am having a good tyme not worrying about other ppl's opinions!
Gashole
iksachtly.
Switch
QUOTE(Gashole @ Nov 9 2004, 10:00 PM)
iksachtly.

wha... huh.gif what does that say? i am confuzzled
Gashole
iksachtly. rolleyes.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Gashole @ Nov 9 2004, 08:04 PM)
iksachtly. rolleyes.gif

xDD Nice Gashole.
Switch
okey? that is a new word to me. i LIKE IT!
smile.gif Go fake words! yea!
Quistis88
Mine is, well, obvious. biggrin.gif But in case you don't know, "I" am named after Instructor No. 14 --- Quistis Trepe --- of BALAMB Garden in FFVIII.

The "88" does not stand for "Heil Hitler", but symbolizes the 88 keys on a standard piano. And the number 8 is a good number in Chinese. smile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 10 2004, 05:17 AM)
Mine is, well, obvious.  biggrin.gif  But in case you don't know, "I" am named after Instructor No. 14 --- Quistis Trepe --- of BALAMB Garden in FFVIII.

The "88" does not stand for "Heil Hitler", but symbolizes the 88 keys on a standard piano.  And the number 8 is a good number in Chinese.  smile.gif

There's a mini-chain of Oriental supermarkets in my area called Super 88. Oddly, the ADL hasn't pursued litigation. tongue.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Nov 9 2004, 11:25 PM)
There's a mini-chain of Oriental supermarkets in my area called Super 88. Oddly, the ADL hasn't pursued litigation. tongue.gif

Haha! That's hilarious! laugh.gif Oh, them Asians . . .
wolfi1412
mine's not, 'wolfi' comes from wolf and '1412' comes from Kaitou Kid
Omakase Shimasu
OK, I forgot why I chose this particular username. I think it was because I couldn't come up with aname of my own, so I'm asking people (in a restaurant) to choose the name for me.

If you know twisted Japanese, than you know what I'm talking about... >__> I don't seem to make much sense...
Gashole
I know only about 10 Japanese words max. Wha does Omakase shimasau mean?
Omakase Shimasu
Omakase shimasu (pronounced "Oh-mah-kah-say-sheemahss") = "At the chef's pleasure."

In other words, please choose for me. ^ ^;; (I figured)
Kokoro no Hana
Well mine kinda comes from FMA, even though it might not sound/look like it, it's a melody/song title from one of the PS 2 games XP
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
mine is half from half not lol.

Flame Alchemist = obvious
Lucky = One of my nicknames. Like at school and such.
ANBU = Naruto characters bcuz, well ANBU r freakin sweat! lol
Riza Babe
TEEN AGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!! lol
i used to watch that when i was 11 lol
Lynx
my names original,just a nick name my grampa gave me(dont ask my my gramps is crazy)
Kihaku
I'm not good at Japanese(in fact I know practically nothing), but my name should mean rarified air (or soul or vigor..the dictionary gives a few meanings).. and it's chosen for a reason... I'm such an airhead at times.

Teenage mutant turtles? I don't get it.
(certain point proved).
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Gashole @ Nov 10 2004, 03:00 AM)
Anyone want to guess where mine comes from? (I don't think I know for sure.)

Your name reminds me of my Dad. -___- Soooo many pardons for that!

Psssst! Btw, it's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. ph34r.gif
Kihaku
I'm soo tired... time to go to sleep! How could I have missed the "ninja" part!
Exactly, exactly, I am an airhead(point proved again). I actually liked TMNT when I was 5(and probably older. I just remember the toys then wink.gif ) Such a cool series...
I love ninjas...
Zhouy Yu
Mines ok. i got it from a game if u didnt already can tell
rsF
Mines simply my initials, but I used to have a Counter-Strike name:
IPB Image
Riza Babe
lol Rsf do u hack in cs? lol just wondering
Bling_bling_Angel
Nee... I'm not FMA-inspired, either... Initially,I had wanted to amke my name "Ice_Alchemist"... but then, it didn't sound too original... rather cliche too...

Umm... I juss happen to like stuff that goes "blingXbling"... XD

And... uhh.. I juss added "Angel"... cuz "Princess" sounded bratty with the "Bling" so yeah... biggrin.gif
Tashi
um, me and my friend were role-playing one day and my name just *popped* into my head.
wolfi1412
some names are like that..

and Riza_babe, I love your sig!
Riza Babe
awww thx!!!! laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Riza Babe @ Nov 10 2004, 08:09 PM)
TEEN AGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!! lol
i used to watch that when i was 11 lol

And you're what, 24 now?

tongue.gif

Shit, I used to watch that when I was 8!
Bling_bling_Angel
rolleyes.gif Big deal... watched it when I was 3... =P

Ye~ap... I'm 17 and still immature with my comebacks...
Sapphire Alchemist Naur
Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters were my childhood obsessions. Most of the VHS' my family had were recorded episodes and I had almost every ghostbuster toy there was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.