Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pick Your Favorite FMA Chimera! (Warning! Contain Spoilers!)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
JoshP1389
Heinkel is definitely my favorite so far. He's really cool, and reminds me of Commissioner Gordon at times. Plus he's- JESUS CHRIST HE'S A LION GET IN THE CAR.

Dorchet is another favorite, but unfortunately he's gone for good. :[
Forsaken Love
Lol i like Henikle too and the other one em Darius right? i liked the chimeras with old greed but sadly they died T_T
Tombow
<Program Note>

@JoshP1389 - Long time no see... ^^ As you can see, I made some modifications to the poll... since you marked it as multiple choice poll, I clarified that on the poll question, and I separated Manga chimera and Anime (first series) chimera, and also took out the term "Donkey Kong" you used in the poll to describe Darius, since that "fan-made" term is causing so much confusion among English speaking FMA manga fans ever since that appeared in the scanlation, causing readers of that scanlation to mistakingly think as if that was original term used by Arakawa, and in turn causing some English speaking FMA fans to start SERIOUS discussions about "Disney reference in FMA manga by Arakawa," blah blah." >.< And, I don't want this poll to aid in reinforcing of that "misunderstanding." ... Hope you don't mind. smile.gif

Just as we speak... here is my case in point:
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 19 2009, 12:45 PM) *
lol i just think lion king and donkey kong whenever i see them, thanks ed XD

@Forsaken Love - Actually, you should "thank" some scanlator who fabricated to make it as if Ed was saying that in those ..uh.. FMAish ..scanlations. I'm glad you enjoy that, just please remember that Ed never called Darius in that name in REAL FMA chapters. tongue.gif
BTW, please see the note below for avoiding this thread from becoming the cause of reinforcing this wide-spread "misunderstanding." smile.gif

-----------------------

NOTE to posters: To avoid making this thread to be aiding in farther reinforcing of this wide-spread "misunderstanding" that that "fan-made" name, "Donkey-Kong" for Darius is as if some official/cannon name written by Arakawa, please try to avoid using this "fan-made" name when you're referring to Darius on this thread, (and, same goes for referring Heinkel as "Lion King," ) as this has been a source of some serious misunderstanding about the Disney reference in FMA, when in fact, these names are NOT in REAL FMA chapters.

* To this end, if anyone refers Darius with this "fan-made" name on this thread, it may be edited by me, and changed to Darius.

You can call him whatever you want in "fanfic" thread, or "fanclub" thread and such, but on this discussion thread, please avoid using "fan-made" name as if that is the "official" name when you refer to Darius. smile.gif

(ETA: Yes, I understand that we use other "fan-made" nicknames on discussion threads, such as Ho-ho Papa, or Greedling, and such, but they are NOT causing some wide-spread and rather troublesome misconception/misunderstanding among English reading FMA fans, while this one is. )
Kirara
I couldn't decide with the first group. I was leaning towards Martel because I really liked her but I ended up voting undecided.

However my favorite is definitely Heinkel from the 2nd group. He's such a cool old man and he turns into a fricking lion. Plus I love how he has become fond of Ed & Al. I totally fangirl him. tongue.gif
JoshP1389
<Re: Program Note:>

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 19 2009, 12:51 PM) *
@JoshP1389 - Long time no see... ^^ As you can see, I made some modifications to the poll... since you marked it as multiple choice poll, I clarified that on the poll question, and I separated Manga chimera and Anime (first series) chimera, and also took out the term "Donkey Kong" you used in the poll to describe Darius, since that "fan-made" term is causing so much confusion among English speaking FMA manga fans ever since that appeared in the scanlation, causing readers of that scanlation to mistakingly think as if that was original term used by Arakawa, and in turn causing some English speaking FMA fans to start SERIOUS discussions about "Disney reference in FMA manga by Arakawa," blah blah." >.< And, I don't want this poll to aid in reinforcing of that "misunderstanding." ... Hope you don't mind. smile.gif

Ahahaha, fanmade? Yeah, that would make sense, because my mind was boggling of how a world like FMA would even know "Donkey Kong." Plus, I completely forgot about Shou Tucker and Nina and Alexander, just goes too show that I haven't really watched the first series in so long (or any anime in a while for that matter.)

Thanks for the greet as well. Since the series is getting a refreshing start, hopefully by this Fall if Adult Swim gets the rights, this board will probably get another influx of (hopefully sane) new members.
kkg22104
Martel for the anime biggrin.gif She was pretty cool in the manga version, too.

And yeah, with everyone else on Heinkel for the manga. So far he's sweeping all the votes.

RE: Program Note:
@Tombow: So some curious scanlator decided to give those nicknames to them? That makes sense, cuz I didn't Arakawa would've included them. tongue.gif
Tombow
Since we can vote for more than one, I voted for Martel, as well as Bido, because I kind of like him. This is not in the first anime, but the scene where Bido gets (FMA manga spoiler ahead!!) killed by Greeling.. that was sad. sad.gif

And, for FMA manga only chimeras, like others I voted for Heinkel.
On the side note, Heinkel gets kind of "choice" role among FMA chimeras IMO, being a Lion chimera, and given a bit of heroic role, and a likable character.
Coincidentally, Heinkel is the name of a war plane, just like Mustang and Hayate. (As you know, Arakawa-sensei is known to be fond of using a name of plane, often war-time plane, as the name of FMA character.)

--------

<OT, Program Note, and other stuff:>

@JoshP1389 - Gahaha, yeah. ^^ And, we've seen quite a few "oldie" members coming back since the FMA:B started. Glad to see you again. ^^

On more on-topic note, for FMA anime (first series,) we have one more Chimera made by the same one who made Alexander chimera, and there is also a chimera that was created by Cornello and attacks Ed in episode 1, though these are not included in the Poll. (BTW, feel free to edit the wording and such, and also if you'd like to edit/change the poll in other ways, let us know and I or other Mod can change it. ^^)

@kkg22104 - Yeah, to be more precise, that was added by someone who made the fan-version of the translation for that scanlation.
Gimpyhair
I must say I'm pretty fond of Darius. biggrin.gif But I like Heinkel too, my favorite scene: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/82/03/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.