Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 51 And Beyond
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
KevLar
Ed and Goddard, super team.
IPB Image
Gr33D
Who's Goddard? blink.gif
Ailuro
You made Ed short in that.. That's sad. blink.gif
Gr33D
LoL..it looks like Ed doesn't want to be there..
Ailuro
Hm. Yep. I like the drawings on the blackboard.
Omakase Shimasu
Heh, always thought Ed's height wasn't effected from his trip through the Gate. biggrin.gif

And yeah, I'm lost about Goddard too. Though he sounds awfully familiar. Well, it must've something to do with space travel, no?
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 9 2004, 08:48 AM)
Heh, always thought Ed's height wasn't effected from his trip through the Gate. biggrin.gif

And yeah, I'm lost about Goddard too. Though he sounds awfully familiar. Well, it must've something to do with space travel, no?

I'm guessing he is a math genius just like Einstein? unsure.gif
Gr33D
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 9 2004, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 9 2004, 08:48 AM)

I'm guessing he is a math genius just like Einstein? unsure.gif

That's me. LoL I forgot to log in. I thought I was already still in my Gr33d account. lol. Just clearing things up! wink.gif
KevLar
Who is Goddard?
IPB Image
You don't remember?
Ed was studying his teachings then decided to go visit Oberth (his non american equivalent) in Transylvania. It would make more sense with a pic of Oberth but i couldn't find a good pic of him. On the same note, that's the only post-series pic of Ed out that i know of.

Ed appears small because... he is. Goddard was known to be a tall man.
tongue.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(KevLar @ Oct 9 2004, 06:10 PM)
You don't remember?
Ed was studying his teachings then decided to go visit Oberth (his non american equivalent) in Transylvania. It would make more sense with a pic of Oberth but i couldn't find a good pic of him. On the same note, that's the only post-series pic of Ed out that i know of.

Ed appears small because... he is. Goddard was known to be a tall man.
tongue.gif

Hmhm. Poor Ed, why can't he go meet someone who's shorter than him? u_u
Omakase Shimasu
Fletcher. Klose. XD He met two. Two's more than one and one's better than nothing! biggrin.gif

Goddard. Of course~ biggrin.gif;; Curse my memory.
Ailuro
I guess you're right.. x3
gugclo
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 9 2004, 07:27 AM)
You made Ed short in that.. That's sad.  blink.gif

Haha you made ed short XD You know what happens when people call him short right?!
Beowulf
* "Who did you say was small like a grain of rice and doesn't show up in your eyes?!"
* "Who did you say was a super-ultra short kid?!"
* "Who did you call an ultra hyper midget?!"
* "Who did you call miniature size?!"
* "Who did you call a shorty who's so small that he's barely visible and hard to target?!"
* "Who did you call a shorty that has to be looked through a magnifying glass to actually be seen?!"
* "Who are you calling a bean?!"
* "Who are you calling a super midget that makes you want to step on him?!"
* "Who are you calling a tiny bug that escapes the wrath of a shoe because he's so small that he fits in the grooves and can't get squashed?"
* "Oh yes, I'm so small that you can't see me amongst the grains of sand, like always--!"

And the list goes on...o.O
Ailuro
Oh but its so amusing when he overreacts. happy.gif
Gr33D
Ahh ya thats right, the rockets! I didn't really focus on the name on the paper.. unsure.gif ..thnx for the info, I learnt something today! wink.gif
Versaythe
QUOTE(Beowulf @ Oct 9 2004, 05:58 PM)
*  "Who did you say was small like a grain of rice and doesn't show up in your eyes?!"
    * "Who did you say was a super-ultra short kid?!"
    * "Who did you call an ultra hyper midget?!"
    * "Who did you call miniature size?!"
    * "Who did you call a shorty who's so small that he's barely visible and hard to target?!"
    * "Who did you call a shorty that has to be looked through a magnifying glass to actually be seen?!"
    * "Who are you calling a bean?!"
    * "Who are you calling a super midget that makes you want to step on him?!"
    * "Who are you calling a tiny bug that escapes the wrath of a shoe because he's so small that he fits in the grooves and can't get squashed?"
    * "Oh yes, I'm so small that you can't see me amongst the grains of sand, like always--!"

And the list goes on...o.O

*sigh* I feel for Edward, it does suck being short *is also short and has a younger sibling taller* haha but I'm glad he got taller when he crossed the gate, is there hope for me? XP
Gr33D
"Who did you say was a super-ultra short kid?!"
Heh, *sigh* that line always cracks me up! rolleyes.gif
Ninie
QUOTE(Versaythe @ Oct 11 2004, 12:37 AM)
*sigh* I feel for Edward, it does suck being short *is also short and has a younger sibling taller*

You too? My brother is 3 years younger than me, and is the same size as me. The difference is that he is still 12... He's still growing, and I'm almost finished...

My sister is half my age and her feet are almost the same size as mine...
KevLar
I'm 5'6" and am taller than everone in my family except a few rarities. dry.gif
Queen of the dammed
QUOTE(KevLar @ Oct 11 2004, 04:59 AM)
I'm 5'6" and am taller than everone in my family except a few rarities. dry.gif

lucky asshole. I'm only 15X cm and it sucks being short...
Roy
I'm ~171 cm. Shortest in my family.
hakai-kun
QUOTE(Ninie @ Oct 10 2004, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE(Versaythe @ Oct 11 2004, 12:37 AM)
*sigh* I feel for Edward, it does suck being short *is also short and has a younger sibling taller*

You too? My brother is 3 years younger than me, and is the same size as me. The difference is that he is still 12... He's still growing, and I'm almost finished...

My sister is half my age and her feet are almost the same size as mine...

my younger sibling is 4 years younger. a boy. still growing. and at least a head taller already. dry.gif but really, i don't mind being short. but when i got my friends and brother into hagaren. they suddenly got the notion that i was Edward and began to tease me about my height. really, it's rather amusing
me: Who's the ultra hyper super small speck?! except imagine it in Japanese. >.<

and we like ed chibi and ranting about it. it's cute! ed's not ed if he's not short and hating it. laugh.gif
Misha Elric
XDDDDDD que risa!! me gusto mucho xD

i 155cm ._. i'm the shorted of family xD all in my family have 180 cm xD im not....
but no problem, i understand edo =)
Gr33D
LMAO, we went from the Goddard and Edward rocket studies to how tall we all are! tongue.gif laugh.gif .funni.
Versaythe
QUOTE(Gr33D @ Oct 11 2004, 02:28 PM)
LMAO, we went from the Goddard and Edward rocket studies to how tall we all are!  tongue.gif  laugh.gif  .funni.

lol really? haha
hmm what subject should we discuss next? tongue.gif
hakai-kun
i don't think there is any thread that actually stayed on topic tongue.gif
Hagane no Chibi
6'2" here. Im not sure what that converts to in centimeters.
Textrant
Back on Topic...
Did u notice that Hohenheim was speaking to Proffessor Haushofer...1 of Hitler's mentor's. Also 'The Thule Society' is where many of leaders of the 3rd Reich first met each other.
Just thought u might be interested in a little history lesson.
Textrant
M3i
Well... it is Munich, Germany after all O_o. Maybe the movie really will have something to do with Hitler then...
Cloud28
171cm here, highest in the family lol, ( asians are pretty short now days..sigh..)
Roy
<Hohenheim> Ed, do you still hate milk?
<Ed> WHOAREYOUCALLINGASUPERHYPERSHORTMIDGETWHOCANNEVERGROWTALL!??!?!?!
QUOTE(Gr33D @ Oct 9 2004, 12:22 AM)
Who's Goddard?  blink.gif

I'm jsut a random passerby, but goddard designed and tested the first liquid fuel rocket - he's like the father of modern rocketry
Queen of the dammed
QUOTE(M3i @ Oct 12 2004, 10:18 PM)
Well... it is Munich, Germany after all O_o. Maybe the movie really will have something to do with Hitler then...

The Envy=Hitler theory comes to mind again...
KevLar
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Oct 13 2004, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE(M3i @ Oct 12 2004, 10:18 PM)

The Envy=Hitler theory comes to mind again...

that does make a lot of sense
Cloud28
i agree biggrin.gif
Vash7ehStampede
QUOTE(M3i @ Oct 12 2004, 03:18 PM)

I doubt it. Hitler doesn't take power for 10-15 years (forget which year exactly). Ed is leaving the country.

Yeah, it is interesting that Hohenheim was talking to future Nazi party leaders, but not surprising. He DOES have a distinctly German name (not to mention somewhat Nazi related; "High House" seems to relate to government, etc.).

I think Hohenheim finally found a place where he can just live and die peacefully, which is exactly what he wanted. Just like Ed wanted to get back Al's old body.
hakai-kun
I'm a little confused on Edo going through the gate. the first time he went through his soul or something was attracted to the edward of that world and so that's where he went. but that edward died already. [that's what ed said when he came back] then at the end when he's there after doing transmutation for Aru, hoenheim says he came here because he didn't have anywhere else to go. was that his whole body came through the gate? or his soul? or something? i dunno...

also, i'd love to see the alphonse of the "world beyond the gate". it would be rather interesting for edo to meet him. tongue.gif
Arsienna
Well I just finished watching all of Full Metal Alchemist. I was quite surprised by the ending. I won't give it away for those of you who haven't seen it. But It did leave the series open for a possible continuation. I would like find and validate any roumors about any continuation of the FMA.
TheVileOne
There are no rumors, just facts. The fact is that a Fullmetal Alchemist movie is in development set for a release of summer 2005 in Japan. The movie will be a direct sequel to the series and is said to take place 2 years after the end of the story in episode 51. THIS IS NOT A RUMOR! It is true.
Ailuro
I was gonna post that. So yes. Two people that can tell you that there will be a movie that will be the official ending to the series.
Arsienna
YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY
Ailuro
o___O; Breathe..
Bryce
Very cool, i dont think there will be a subbed version of this for another year then... sigh sad.gif. cause ive been waiting for that naruto movie to be subbed for EVER. and it still hasnt.
Sycia
;_; It's gonna mean the very end of Hagaren? *Sigh*

I'll be watching it about 3 times over to get a detailed summary on the opening day (or at least one that I can remember till I get to a computer) for those who don't mind spoilers and what not. ^___^

With the popularity of the series in the US, I don't think the guys there will have to wait long for it anyway...
Fire from Ashes
How quickly are movies generally subbed? Because if the movie's coming out in summer 2005, when will the subtitled be out?
Arsienna
It all depends if it will be released directly to DVD or if it will be put into theaters. If it is released in theaters then we are probably looking at a 6-18 month wait minimum before it is released to DVD, depending on how well it sells in the theaters. If it is released directly DVD it will probably be fansubbed with in a few days or weeks of its release.
Rakuyou
If we're really lucky and can live with not full sound effect it will prolly
come a CAM.POT / Telesync version right after Theatric release.

The thing is, will it arrive in Japan first since ( if i'm not completely wrong ) FUNi
has licenced the movie?

<-- SPOILER ALERT -- >
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
Chibi Viki
pssssst! rakuyou!
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

i'm praying that arakawa-sensei will write the movie... after all, studio bones is reknowned for killing off a lot (if not all) characters from their anime (i.e. wolf's rain, raxephone movie, and since they were from gainax: evangelion)

since they already made their own plot... hmmm... bad feeling but i wish it wouldn't happen. if arakawa puts her stuff into it, she may save them all from death by bones.... and better storyline w/c would make more sense ^^
xXAlphonseXx
I wanna watch the movie!!! Stupid Subbie thingie.. I wish I understood japanese... Im feel so sad.. The show was too short! And teh ending is too SAD!!! I WANT A SEQUEL!!!!! *cries* Why cant tehre be a sequel.... WHYY!!!!!! sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.