Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever Lied In A Forum?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Hagaren_4ever
I know this is probably gonna be closed for being mentioned before, but hey, I'll give it a shot.

I used to lie all the TIME in forums. Especially when I was younger, because that's what young people do in forums. They LIE. Hell, when I first started on this website when I was 11, I said I was, like, 4 years older than I was so that people would take me seriously. But then when I actually turned 15 I figured I may as well tell the truth about it.

... How about you?
Forgiven
How do you know I wouldn't be lying right now? If I lie on all the other threads, then why wouldn't I lie on this on to?
Tombow
^ @Forgiven - Good point. laugh.gif

A couple more things to add to that excellent point..... XD

ONE: I'm not closing the thread, for now, but I'm moving this to Spam Central.

TWO: Before anyone follow Hagaren_4ever's suit, and start confessing anything, reminder that this is not a thread for amnesty. If you confess something here that comes with consequences (whatever those might be..) you would probably meet/face the consequences accordingly. Just a reminder. XD

THREE: You might not realize, but you on the Internet may or may not be that anonymous, nor "guilt-free" and can-do/say/post-whatever you want kind of existence on the Net. Though, I can't think of a good example off my head right now to show this. Maybe some others can come up with some good examples. XD

Anyway, the thread is heading to Spam Central for now, and we'll see how this would go there. smile.gif
zombie
delete
kkg22104
@ zombie: Haha, good point. We even have a thread on this forum where everyone lies XD
Hagaren_4ever
Haha. Well, I was talking more about things like, "on this OTHER forum, I said this" or "when I younger, can you believe I said this...?" if you want to talk about things you said on other forums on this site, that's fine, but it's not like I'm trying to get anyone in trouble. ohmy.gif
alchemist x
I don't ever really recall "lying" on the forum, however, I USED to exaggerate a bit. Just a bit though.[okay maybe more than a bit but that was more than 4 years ago so give a dude a break haha!]

I learned from a lot of my friends and family, if you lie about stuff it will never, and I mean NEVER fail to come and bite you in the arse!
DNA
Lies are human nature. Ya shouldn't be ashamed of them..Especially on the Internet

Once I told EVERYONE I was a single mother in Australia on a chat board...My god ladies...How do you survive on the interwebs in those $hit-@ss chatrooms? Everyone was telling me the size of their reproductive organs...
luluseason
I actually havent lied on a forum xDD
I don't think it would be able to keep one up even if i did O-o
hand-made-city
I don't think I've ever lied on a forum... when I was younger I wasn't really into forums anyway, and the ones I joined I would end up forgetting about, so I wouldn't post there anymore. Yes, I'm a forgetful person!! ^^;

A friend of mine has been lying on the internet for some time now, and it's pissing me off. She tells people that she was raped when she was younger, which I know for a fact is not true. She doesn't discuss this around her actual friends, and only talks about it on the internet with people she's never met, and she doesn't know that I've read the posts with her made-up rape story. It's really terrible. No real rape victim would gush about it the way she does. It bothers me SO much, and I think it's rude of her.. sleep.gif
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jun 8 2009, 10:45 PM) *
I don't think I've ever lied on a forum... when I was younger I wasn't really into forums anyway, and the ones I joined I would end up forgetting about, so I wouldn't post there anymore. Yes, I'm a forgetful person!! ^^;

A friend of mine has been lying on the internet for some time now, and it's pissing me off. She tells people that she was raped when she was younger, which I know for a fact is not true. She doesn't discuss this around her actual friends, and only talks about it on the internet with people she's never met, and she doesn't know that I've read the posts with her made-up rape story. It's really terrible. No real rape victim would gush about it the way she does. It bothers me SO much, and I think it's rude of her.. sleep.gif

Dang. 0_0 Reminds of an emo girl at my school who makes up those kind of stories. (She used to be my friend.) She said her parents where into witch craft, and that her father left her years ago, and that she was abused, yada yada yada on the internet. I met her parents and non of that was true. I know for a fact that rape victim's don't want attention, you're right. sleep.gif
f1madman
I used to lie all the time when I was 12-17ish to make myself look cooler... but then I became cool >_>
Vampyre Alchemist
Does saying I'm 14 when I am really 13 count? I mean what if I actually turn 14?
Envy-chan
I haven't lied on this forum, no. But I lied on Gaia, I believe, about my gender- just so I could find a roleplaying partner for FMA (you have NO idea how many 1x1 search threads say 'GUYS ONLY'). So, I lied about my gender so I could get a decent roleplay partner. ^^;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.