Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 7: Hidden Truths - Content Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 6.

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 7 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 7 episodes.

* Where to watch this episode
NEWS FLASH!!!: For FMA fans in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, Bulgaria, Romania, Yugoslavia, Greece, Sweden, Poland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, the Russian Federation, & Turkey: Starting this episode, you can watch officially subbed (in your country''s language) FMA: Brotherhood episodes in your country!!! Please check the first page of above linked thread for details!!!
*Additionally, the following countries and areas are listed as newly able to access FMA: Brotherhood episodes on Youtube site (though the episodes may not be subbed in the language of your country): Check the list of viewing countries (Please double check Youtube site for details.)

* HD Screen caps of this episode to be posted on this link address later

* For all FMA Brotherhood anime fans who do not have access to the official subbed episodes, the transcriptions of English subbed episodes on Fanimation.com will be posted sometime later on Transcritions of official English sub thread.

* Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site:
(Translation by Tombow, episode title and the spelling of Sheska are from official English sub on Funimation.com)
Episode 7: "Hidden Truths"
To find the book with Marcoh's research notes Ed and Al visit the Central National Library. But, they find out that the library's First wing where the book was had been burnt to the ground. To confirm the fact that Marcoh's book was indeed inside the first wing, Lieutenant Maria Ross takes Ed and Al to see, Sheska, a young librarian who knew that wing well. She confirms that indeed the burnt down wing was where the book was. Watching deeply disappointed Ed and Al, Sheska makes an interesting proposal to help Ed and Al....

=======================================

Episode Summary: (To be filled)

Characters in this episode: (To be filled)

Locations: (excluding review and preview scenes, to be filled)

Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)

FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)
amestris_star
Didn't manage to catch much... since... MMS streams were closed and Keyhole was epic fail.
I can't really comment since we didn't manage to see much: Schiezka, Hughes, Scar, Lust, Gluttony, Roy, Riza, Havoc, Denny, Maria... Armstrong... Barry! Lab 5... yep, this ep was choc full of stuff.
(This seriously needs good raw and subs to comment upon...)

PS. However, we're up to the middle of Chapter 11.
Anakishi
Lol, did anyone else tried to stream on mms and ended up with some weird "power rangers" thingie? laugh.gif Sad, but made me laugh.
Another rushed episode, I'm afraid, although everything was pretty much there, it was kinda boring. Next one should be better, at least we get some real action/fighting scenes.
More intelligent thoughts (maybe) after I get to see the raw.
amestris_star
Prolly it was fast-ish yes, but it seems that they haven't left out anything critical... however, just like you mentioned, I need both the raw and the subs to write decent comments on the ep.
penguintruth
I found Freshverse's TBS stream, so I saw most of it, despite a little lagging. Here's some initial thoughts:

- I thought it was weird that they stopped mid chapter 11, or towards the end, I guess, but not quite there. They might as well have extended it so it got all of chapter 10.

- Sheska sounded the same as in the first series, I wonder if they changed her voice. Anyway, we'll barely be seeing her in this series, so I guess it doesn't matter. It's a shame, Sheska is one of my favorite characters. Maybe they'll give her some extra scenes, though.

- I didn't care much for Maria Ross's new voice actress (who was Nunnally in Code Geass). Mitsuki Saiga seemed stronger to me. It's hard to tell so early, though.

Claudius
QUOTE (penguintruth @ May 17 2009, 01:45 AM) *
- Sheska sounded the same as in the first series, I wonder if they changed her voice. Anyway, we'll barely be seeing her in this series, so I guess it doesn't matter. It's a shame, Sheska is one of my favorite characters. Maybe they'll give her some extra scenes, though.
This raises a question: what's your opinion about Anime1Schiezska? Winry needed a galpal, and Schiezska was Ethel to her Lucy, or maybe it was the other way around, since Schiezska was the daffy one while Winry was more reasonable. And the partnership, IMO, seemed to make Anime1Winry more- how shall I put it?- independently active in the plot. Why let the Brothers have all the fun? Let's have some action ourselves! Let's 'bug' the Homunculus! Let's make a surprise attack on Roy!
penguintruth
QUOTE (Claudius @ May 17 2009, 07:27 AM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ May 17 2009, 01:45 AM) *
This raises a question: what's your opinion about Anime1Schiezska? Winry needed a galpal, and Schiezska was Ethel to her Lucy, or maybe it was the other way around, since Schiezska was the daffy one while Winry was more reasonable. And the partnership, IMO, seemed to make Anime1Winry more- how shall I put it?- independently active in the plot. Why let the Brothers have all the fun? Let's have some action ourselves! Let's 'bug' the Homunculus! Let's make a surprise attack on Roy!

But, at the same time, didn't it stunt Winry's personal growth? As if they were just pawning off Sheska on her because gals should only pal around with each other and go on wacky girlventures.

Then again, not being a huge fan of Winry to begin with, and being of the opinion that their downplaying her made the development she did get mean more in a "more for your mileage" fashion, I didn't mind Winry and Sheska paling around, trying to figure out who killed Hughes, hiding out in Risembool, and the like, because it meant more of Sheska, one of my favorite characters, and showed that Winry is actually capable of making friends other than the Elric brothers.

Ah, but if we get into this too much, it will detract the discussion of this current episode of the new series.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Tombow @ May 16 2009, 01:09 PM) *
Sweden

Life is sweet! Not that I didn't manage to get by before, but... now things will be a bit easier biggrin.gif
Alzea
As for now I've seen only good RAW version....what can I say? This episode's pacing was faster than last week's, it kind of felt rushed but it wasn't that bad...I mean 2nd episode was worse xD But Maria’s voice….I don’t really like it, I know, I will get used to it but still, it was too high for me. Anyway I liked this episode, it wasn’t the best from all of them but still good, Barry is made of awesomeness. And gah, two more episodes till we-are-know-what. Waiting for the subs~
nekogirl L
Just got my hands on the raw and I have to say I'm rather pleased with this episode, even though it seems a bit fast paced and somethings were excluded from it, but they stuck pretty close to the manga so I'm not complaining. biggrin.gif

The music that was played during the sewer part reminded me somewhat of the Jaws theme and it made it that much creepier for me. Man, I hated that movie.
And I love how they kept the fact that Roy wouldn't be able to go on any dates so long as scar's still around. laugh.gif
I am a bit put off by the fact that they didn't put the shrimpsqeeze! part that I found so hilarious in the manga, but meh, Armsrong hugged him enough in the last episode, I guess.

Did anyone notice that in Sheska's house, Edward didn't need to walk sideways like the others? I see that being small has it's benefits.
I rather like Maria's new voice and is Sheska being voiced by someone new? Because I can't really remember what her old voice sounded like.
......The guy who says "Fullmetal Alchemist" sounded more annoying then ever in this episode, I kind of wish they had it said in Japanese than in English, or at the very least gotten someone who doesn't sound so......funky. blink.gif

all in all, I'm pleased with this week's eppy, I just need to see a subbed version and I'll be satisfied. And as for next week's episode, it looked awesome! Barry looked creepy and he's got a new voice. Also, judging by that one shot of him with a bloody cleaver; they kept that part with the poor security gaurd. GAH, is it next week yet?

Btw, I don't know if anyone noticed this is, but the Opening this week had a slight difference:

Note the lion devouring the sun in the top left part of the mural? It wasn't there in the episode before, see?

I wondered why it was missing a few details, this is obviously forshadowing......for the newcomers at least.

Also, this guy's gonna show up in some episodes just like in the manga, eh? He also made an appearance last episode,too. tongue.gif
Kirara
Good observation Nekogirl. I did catch the Lion in the opening but I didn't realize that was not there before. I guess I should have wondered why I did not notice it before.

I also didn't notice the guy from the manga. I am glad to see they are keeping some of Arakawa's great visual gags.

I was especially happy they kept Al with his fans

Overall I thought they did a pretty good job with this episode, except for the fact that Maria, Denny, and Sheska's introductions felt a bit too quick for me. And I was upset that they left out one of my favorite jokes (Roy coding his alchemy in the name of women)

But other than that good episode. There were a lot of great jokes taken right out of the manga but I thought the few emotional scenes were done well too (especially the scene of Ed & Al alone in their hotel room, well before Armstrong breaks down the door then we are back to the laughs tongue.gif )

Anyways I also liked where the stopped the episode, leave all the action scenes for next week. It make sense.
Ropespinner
Am I the only one who thinks the art in this episode looked kind of... lazy? I mean, much less detailed than before? Other than that, I don't think it was half bad. I'll need subs to be sure, though.

Also, nekogirl L, whoa, great observation about the OP. I totally missed that (skipped some of the opening to get to the actual episode faster... This'll teach me not to do that!) I wonder why they put that detail there already - we haven't even seen the Xerxes ruins in the new anime, and we only see that part of the circle in vol. 13. of the manga... Weird.

[Edit. A sentence didn't make sense.]
temmy
Have not seen the episode yet (argghhh), but your post about the opening, nekogirl L was interesting. No idea if this has any relevance, but:

"The Green Lion devouring the sun is a famous image in alchemy being depicted in many manuscripts and engravings, and can be thought of as aqua regia dissolving the solar gold and forming a solution which could readily tinge metals with gold."

and

"To other alchemists who worked primarily with vegetable matter and processes, rather than the mineral work, the Green Lion was an image of the green raw energy of nature, 'the green fuse which drives the flower' as Dylan Thomas elegantly expressed it in one of his poems. Here the Green Lion which devours the sun is the green pigment chlorophyll. The green leaves of the plant are formed out of the energy of sunlight. Alchemists often attempted to create living processes in their flasks and looked especially for precipitates or crystallisations which resembled leaves or plant forms. The Green Lion here could be a plant sap extract which was often the prima materia for their alchemical work."

It's not green, of course. Still, some food for thought (and I think I'm . . . aha - very happy that they're including all this). Lalalala. smile.gif

ETA: Alternatively, I have no idea why the Lion isn't green. Just skimming back through the manga (I actually completely forgot it ever turned up in the manga - ahhhhh, I'm dumb) but if it symbolizes the making of the Stone, it really, really . . . should be green. There's a Red Lion in alchemical symbolism, but I don't believe it ever comes up as devouring the sun. (Not to mention, it doesn't symbolize the Stone, as far as I can tell). It may just be some oversight by the director or something (since Arakawa couldn't put the ruins into color, obviously, for various reasons). Urgh.
HannahBlack09
Could someone please send me a pm with a link to the episode?

Pleaase unsure.gif
black~hayate
Sorry for offtopic, guys
If the lion would be green, it would be noticed easily. When it's gold, you won't notice it easily.
It's on purpose not-green >D
Kyelinn
QUOTE (HannahBlack09 @ May 17 2009, 01:32 PM) *

Pleaase unsure.gif

I'll 2nd that...Please? <.< >.>
Rocktigerlilly
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ May 17 2009, 12:21 PM) *
QUOTE (HannahBlack09 @ May 17 2009, 01:32 PM) *

Pleaase unsure.gif

I'll 2nd that...Please? <.< >.>

LOL I guess I 3rd that.... "is waiting for english subs to appear" I wish they would sub the episodes as fast as they did in the beginning, they're getting slower and slower. sad.gif
Ropespinner
To Rocktigerlilly (and everyone else wondering why it's harder and harder to get fansubs):
It takes more and more time for the subs to appear, because apparently Funimation has threatened most fansubbers into stopping with the subs, as the episodes are legally available on Funi's website every Thursday - though only if you live in Northern America or UK, which I don't. But now they'll be legally available in many European countries, mine included, as well, so it's better, at least for me...

(Right now the thing that annoys me the most is that the fansubs translations seem to be better than the legal ones, at least the legal subs in my native language weren't too good.)
HannahBlack09
QUOTE (Ropespinner @ May 17 2009, 07:12 AM) *
Am I the only one who thinks the art in this episode looked kind of... lazy? I mean, much less detailed than before? Other than that, I don't think it was half bad. I'll need subs to be sure, though.

Also, nekogirl L, whoa, great observation about the OP. I totally missed that (skipped some of the opening to get to the actual episode faster... This'll teach me not to do that!) I wonder why they put that detail there already - we haven't even seen the Xerxes ruins in the new anime, and we only see that part of the circle in vol. 13. of the manga... Weird.

[Edit. A sentence didn't make sense.]

I totally agree with the lazy episode, it wasnt as well done as I thought it could be, another thing that I disliked were Riza's eyes in the fifth episode were big but in this one they were HUGE. The pace was a little fast for me, not as much as the second episode but still, it felt too fast.

The music was good specially when Scar is about to fight with Gluttony, I wish that part could have lasted more mellow.gif action was something that was definetly missing in this episode, so did the last one. Luckily the next one is really epic! laugh.gif

Yaaay! Barry appears! Im really looking foward to seeing him fight against Al happy.gif
Rocktigerlilly
QUOTE (Ropespinner @ May 17 2009, 01:09 PM) *
To Rocktigerlilly (and everyone else wondering why it's harder and harder to get fansubs):
It takes more and more time for the subs to appear, because apparently Funimation has threatened most fansubbers into stopping with the subs, as the episodes are legally available on Funi's website every Thursday - though only if you live in Northern America or UK, which I don't. But now they'll be legally available in many European countries, mine included, as well, so it's better, at least for me...

(Right now the thing that annoys me the most is that the fansubs translations seem to be better than the legal ones, at least the legal subs in my native language weren't too good.)

Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that, thanks for letting me know. That's too bad, shame on you Funimation! I want my FMA on sunday, thats what I'm used to. No FMA today, on my birthday?
sad.gif Can anoyone pm me about where I can get at least the Raw? P L E A S E

Well, as a European living in the US, I'm glad that they are spreading the FMA love in Europe as well - that way my family back home can find out why I'm all crazy about this stuff.

"grumbling continues with homework"
ShadowCat17
Subs are out!
I liked this episode, and I don't really have a problem with Riza's eyes :-P
Kyelinn
QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ May 17 2009, 03:53 PM) *
Subs are out!

PM the link please? D=
Rocktigerlilly
I just want to thank everyone for being so fast and providing me with info as were to get the subs. I know I've only joined this forum not too long ago, but I am overwhelmed with how friendly and helpful you guys always are. Thank you so much, my fellow FMA fans, you are awesome. smile.gif
mira mirth
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ May 18 2009, 12:02 AM) *
QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ May 17 2009, 03:53 PM) *
Subs are out!

PM the link please? D=

Ooh, and me too? Pretty please?
slc2
Sorry if its annoying, could i be pm'd the link too pls? :3
ShadowCat17
Yeah, I am sending out the link, hold on though as there seems to be a 5-minute rate limit on PMs
kkg22104
yup, the subs are up! i just finished watching it, the comic scenes were hilarious as usual but i really liked the part where ed and al are in their hotel room and the fan just keeps spinning... and barry the chopper is back lol tongue.gif
Kyelinn
I just finished watching it too! biggrin.gif And yeah, I do agree with the kind of laziness on the art in this episode, but nevertheless it was still good! Very funny! xD I loved the comic parts and I also loved the part where the brothers were back in their room. I loved Ed's expressions, and then when he placed his wrist over his face. Of course Armstrong was the most hilarious. xD You gotta love the Major! All in all a decent episode, but BONES...PLEASE don't start lacking on the art skills of the show...x_x it'll drive people off of it fast...
SneakyRuler
Amazingly, this episode didn't feel to be rushed just... put together a little less fluently so I could see the sharp edges where they weren't smooth.

Any way, I liked it. I liked how Armstrong's potential is highlighted, how he can get the information he wants out of anybody. I liked the ever present joke of Al always wearing suit of armor...

P.S. Gluttony in sewers was a sight that terryfied me to no end.
mira mirth
Yes! Thanks to the wonderful people around here, I've seen it too and I really enjoyed it. Agreed on the scene with the fan and I'm very glad to see Barry back, too.

And the plot! The plot is here! Holy cow, we're already at lab 5, when the first anime took, what, 18 episodes to get there? Obviously there have been sacrifices on the way, some of which I've grumbled about, but I'm very happy to see Teh Plot so soon. For some reason, I've always been fond of the Marcoh's notes research/lab 5 thing, maybe as a nostalgic tribute to the first anime, because that's where it got the final hook into me, I think.

Armstrong is, as always... I lack an adjective for Armstrong, but he is it, very much.

And wasn't it chilling how Ed was the first - and, possibly, the only - one in that room to put it together that the military was using prisoners for experimentation? Just - how messed up does he have to be to come to that conclusion? As in, I love Ed and this is not at all a slight on his character, quite the opposite - if something tells us how life has messed with him, it's that leap of judgment, that humans are capable of doing this to each other.

Really want the next episode, now.
Sword Alchemist
It is so great to see Maria Ross and Denny Brosh again. However, I'm not too fond of Denny's voice. It sounded far too old for Denny.

Hopefully Meredith McCoy and Jim Foronda will reprise their roles of Maria and Denny in the American dub.

I loved Denny and Maria's character card. laugh.gif

Maybe I'm looking to far into things, but did anyone else notice how close Denny and Maria were sitting together when Denny was asking Al about his armor? *fangirl scream*
ShadowCat17
Yeah, it's amazing how quickly we've been able to get to lab 5 from the beginning. Here are the rough mappings between the two series' -

#1 (ice alchemist, did not exist in old anime)
old ep.1,2 --> #3 (lior)
old ep.3 --> #2 (backstory)
old ep.4,5 --> skipped (majahal, train incident)
old ep.6,7 --> #4 (tucker/nina)
old ep.8,9,10,11,12,13,16 --> all skipped (barry chopper, yoki coal mine, psiren, tringham brothers, fullmetal v. flame)
old ep. 14,15,17 --> #5 and #6 (scar, marcoh, and risembool)
old ep. 18,19 --> #7 (sheska and marcoh's notes)

So yeah, we've skipped 7 episodes, and the other 12 episodes from the old anime up through 19 have been squeezed into just 7 episodes in the new one (6 if you don't count ep#1)
Anakishi
Wow! I noticed the lion on the beggining, thought "cool" and didn't even notice it wasn't there before. Just a theory, but maybe it was there so people could "link" it with Ed's line when they were at the library, something about the "green lion" and "philosopher's moon"... strange foreshadowing. huh.gif
At first, this episode felt rushed and uninteresting, but watching a second time I thought it was really well done. Didn't notice anything weird in the art, actually, I loved the smoothness of the fan spinning in their hotel room.
And I like Sheska even more now! For me, she used to be so-so, but this episode she was very funny, and reminded me of the old days when I used to read like a bookworm (have no time now ¬¬). Her voice was cute.
Only thing that really bugged me was the annoying "fullmetal alchemist" guy trying to be original... My face was exactly like Denny's face from that last card.
HannahBlack09
I gotta say that seeing the sub version made the whole episode so much better that I thought, I loved the scene in which Ed and Al are sitting in darkness in the room and you can truly feel the regret in Ed's voice when he says he has to ask Al something but he is afraid.

that was my favorite part happy.gif

I was just hoping that hughes could have bragged about Elysia with Shescka laugh.gif
temmy
QUOTE (Anakishi @ May 17 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Wow! I noticed the lion on the beggining, thought "cool" and didn't even notice it wasn't there before. Just a theory, but maybe it was there so people could "link" it with Ed's line when they were at the library, something about the "green lion" and "philosopher's moon"... strange foreshadowing.

Yup, I just finished watching the episode. I'm pleasantly surprised by all the historical alchemy mentions, since it was pretty sparse in the manga as well. Though that implies they knew the Lion was supposed to be green. Eh, so apparently the OP Lion is just a stylistic change . . . I dunno, they could've tinted it green so that it wouldn't be overly obnoxious.

Anyways, episode seemed okay to me. A bit rushed and a bit boring, but it was all right. Quality of the animation seems to have dropped though, which makes me sad. (And I can't get used to the weird Japanese staccato fluteish theme that keeps coming up. Ugh.)
Mistress of Misery
Ugghhh, next week can't come fast enough.

The art quality has definitely dropped as of late, but if I don't look too closely I can't tell. Pacing in this episode was fast, but I don't think it was too rushed. I'm just glad that the plot is really starting to kick off. biggrin.gif It's great to see 48 and Barry again; I'm really looking forward to the action scenes next episode (and, hopefully, better quality art).

The music during the Scar vs Gluttony scene annoyed me. ._. Eh, I guess it's just me.

I love Sheska; she's almost exactly like me. xD

Nothing much else to say, unless I get a sudden brainwave. Decent episode.
Vagrant
Missed a lot of the humour and nice details from the manga. (linking the lab to Basque Gran, Roy being chastised about the Scar thing, Lust and Gluttony being right above his office, Ed and Al's lines when scaling the fence, etc.)
And I'm still really annoyed that they've just made it seem like Marcoh gave up the information willingly. I knew they probably wouldn't add the scene in to this weeks' episode, but it would have been nice.

Kind of weird how this episode has finished halfway through a chapter of the manga tho'.

Art still seems subpar compared to the first four episodes.

Fullmetal Alchemist guy in the ad break bit sounded kind of weird, scared and apologetic on the first bit. Like he heard everyone's threats after last weeks, hah. But back to the cheesiness right afterwards.

But I believe it's about to be straying into manga-exclusive territory soon...
Animeoldtimer
One thing I found interesting is how Lust and Gluttony can just talk about such odd things and no one looks twice at them. I don't know but if I overheard someone talking about a missing person as their lunch I think I'd be taken aback. unsure.gif
Also, in the preview for 8 at the end, who is the girl in the pony tail?

I liked the episode over all, especially the expression on Ed's face when he was chewing the pen and telling Al how he has a way with words. smile.gif
ShadowCat17
It's the girl in the office, from manga ch. 15 page 35. she might appear a few times elsewhere in the manga as well but i dont remember
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
well it is great that we finally get to see broch and ross again. and also u have to say that this season of the anime is the best so far. i can't quit laughing at some of the parts. espically this ep, with shecka (can't spell it sorry) in it was the hillourous. man can't quit laughing at the moment.
HannahBlack09
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ May 17 2009, 07:20 PM) *
One thing I found interesting is how Lust and Gluttony can just talk about such odd things and no one looks twice at them. I don't know but if I overheard someone talking about a missing person as their lunch I think I'd be taken aback. unsure.gif
Also, in the preview for 8 at the end, who is the girl in the pony tail?

I liked the episode over all, especially the expression on Ed's face when he was chewing the pen and telling Al how he has a way with words. smile.gif

laugh.gif

I thought the same thing! I mean.. if I was next to Lust and I had listened to that I would definetly look suspiciosly at them or at least have a reaction! They guys that were around them didnt seem interested about what the mysterious woman was saying joined by a hooded chubby guy sleep.gif .

Its just that if the people was that taken aback of the scenery, the would at least talk or move ansiously.. but thats not relevant I guess.. I was just a little disturbed by that detail tongue.gif .
Full Metal Elf
Finally watched the episode and thought it was pretty good!

It felt a little rushed, but that's compared to the original series of course.

I missed that they didn't continue with Marcoh. UGH! I felt that was SO important! I hope they flashback to it at some point or something!

I did love Ed's reaction to finding-out what the Stone was made-of though. It was intense, like the manga.

I was happy to see Sheska again happy.gif and of course Mariah and Brosh.

HAHA...I agree about the Lust and Gluttony scene. I'd have looked at them like o_O;;;;;;... ...

AND...last but not least...BARRY THE CHOPPER! OMG I missed the mad man, haha. I cannot wait for next week. Lab 5 already, but that's fine with me happy.gif.
Imbris
QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ May 17 2009, 07:47 PM) *
Yeah, it's amazing how quickly we've been able to get to lab 5 from the beginning. Here are the rough mappings between the two series' -

*episode comparisons*

So yeah, we've skipped 7 episodes, and the other 12 episodes from the old anime up through 19 have been squeezed into just 7 episodes in the new one (6 if you don't count ep#1)

Thanks for doing this ShadowCat - I was thinking of working it out myself, but you saved me the trouble!

Episode 7 was alright, but I felt a bit shortchanged! I got so psyched when the "battle" between Scar and the homunculi was about to begin, and then it lasted all of what..3 seconds?
edo little kid
I finally watch it ! ^^
This episode was sooo funny
I enjoyed it !!
------------------
I loved that music which came
in Scar VS gluttony
----------------
my favorite part
when Ed & Al was in apartment
-----------------

I can't wait the next episode !!!
----------
(I hope the art getting better in next episodes)
------------------
still ep 5 my favorite yet.
Krokgard
Another amazing episode! Very funny when Ed calls himself "short"
By the way, maybe the video that I've seen just cut it, but this time I haven't seen the "See you next time" picture in the end.
It's the girl in the office, from manga ch. 15 page 35. she might appear a few times elsewhere in the manga as well but i dont remembe

Yeah, in the chapters 14 (while Hughes talks with Roy on the phone, which should be the scene that we 'll see in the next episode) and 16.
penguintruth
My overall impression is that the episode did convey all the necessary information to move the plot along, but there were little bits here and there I would have appreciated them keeping. They did shuffle around some things at the beginning to save time, it seems. Also, I found it strange that they would have the episode stop before the end of chapter 11, but when I consider all the action in therest of the chapter and in the one after it, it makes sense to leave the next episode open for all of that. A decent episode, though it felt rushed, it was a bit smoother than some previous episodes.
Aribelle
I think that this anime is getting better with the pacing; it doesn't feel quite as rushed as earlier episodes. It still has room to sort of settle down, but hopefully that will come when FMA Brotherhood really branches off from the first anime. Overall I liked this episode though. It did what it was supposed to do. I'm looking forward to next week smile.gif
Radadinator
It was a decent episode, nothing too special, with okay pacing. Amrstrong's visual gags made me laugh a lot, along with Schiezka's (man, I wish she had a bigger role in the manga.) It looked as if there was less shading overall in this episode, but none of the characters looked completely horrible. If only the nitpickers complaining about Schiezka's slightly alternating cheekbone levels and criticizing the hilarious automail blurb from the 2nd episode would shut up.

My only real complaint with the episode is the OST. They overuse a ton of the tracks, and about half of them are instrumental versions of the other half, anyways.

I'm pretty biased towards Michiru Oshima. :/
Flamez_Freak
michiru rocked any day
Michiyo-
Overall I liked this episode. The pacing was good, it didn’t feel rushed. There were lots of comic scenes, but they were okay and fun for me.

As for the new characters: I liked Sheska better here, than in the first series. She was a bit annoying for me that time, but now she’s more loveable. smile.gif Her voice was okay, too.
It was good to see Denny and Maria again, but I didn’t really like Denny’s new voice.

Romi Paku’s voice as Ed was excellent in this episode, too. It was soo funny when he realized that he called himself small. biggrin.gif
Oh, and I really liked his conversation with Al in the dark.

And next week we’ll see Barry! biggrin.gif He had a much important role in the manga, I liked his character.
And it looks like from the preview that we’ll have the Roy-Hughes telephone call, too, when Hughes tells Roy he should get a wife. biggrin.gif I so loved that scene.
I’m looking forward to the next episode.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.