Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Little Washu
OH EM GEE U GAIZ.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nint...tion_II_remakes
OH. EM. GEE.

That is all.
Okay, I have more to say about this.

I have been saying FOR YEARS that I wanted a Generation 2 remake. It's has been my all time favorite generation. To play as Kris again, to start with Chikorita, to go through my favorite region, it's like a dream come true. No really.

I'm so excited about this, you wouldn't even believe it.
penguintruth
Wow, this is exciting! The second generation of Pokémon was the best, in my opinion.

In fact, I wrote this a while back:

I admit, Pokémon has been perhaps an inordinately large part of my video gaming life. I'll also admit that, quite frankly, I was always too old for this phenomenon. Still, the damn games can be so addictive. I got swept up in it all. Even today I purchase and play the newer games, but only the "real" ones, not the side games. Of all the generations of Pokémon games, the second generation was by far the best.

The Pokémon were excellent, the environments were interesting, and had a vaguely Asian feel to it (with those giant pagodas), the legendaries were great (you who've played it must've coveted Lugia, don't lie), and the special features were fun to use. Most importantly, you could visit some of your old Kanto haunts after you were done in Johto. You could even transfer your Red/Blue/Yellow Pokémon into your new games and create powerful (and sometime super hax) teams. It's too bad the third generation wasn't backwards compatible, my poor level 100 Blastoise is stuck in Silver forever.
Little Washu
I'm only sad they're only remaking Gold and Silver, when Crystal was far superior... You could get BOTH Lugia and Ho-oh, and all the legendary cats (well, foxes technically, but no one calls them by that actual title, so...)

Crystal should have been the one they remade, I say, but I wont complain with these two. I hope they do remake Crystal in the future.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
sweet thanks little washu. i heard that they were going to do this. and i was not sure that was true. sweet. can't wait on tilll more pokemans.
Kale Mustang
I'm all over this - loved Silver.

Now all I need from Nintendo is a remake of Pokemon Yellow, so that I can teach Pikachu surf without having to resort to Game Boy players and trading over and over again...
Little Washu
I wonder if they'll have all the perks of Crystal D: You know, like the Suicune in the tower thing?

Also, I want the thing when you send money home to your mom. That saved my @$$ so many times. Other things I hope they'll bring back:

The bug catching contest. I was seriously THE SH!T at that.
And the phone. I loved that phone.
Oh, and the radio :3!
lunneth
awsome. pokemon silver was my fav too. mainly cause i did it all on my own with my (practically) indestructble typhlosion and lugia.
Little Washu
Gold and Silver were NOTHING compared to Crystal. First animated sprites, you can get both Lugia and Ho-oh, FIRST FEMALE CHARACTER.

No game can match Crystal's greatness.
Blitz
I loved my Pokemon Silver. I still have it, too. :3
Little Washu
A lot of people seemed to like silver. I could never play it, I hated being a male. Which is why Crystal was my very first game >w< I still have the poster from the guidebook hanging on my wall, from 2002.

Though, I do question somethings about these games. Like, will they be like Gold and Silver, or Crystal? Hopefully Crystal, so we get a better deal. Or maybe they'll remake Crystal later? I dunno, but I think in silver you can get Lugia you can get Ho-Oh, but never both in each.

Ooh, The Ruins Of Alph, can't wait to figure out those neat puzzles(if they have them again).

This is seriously what I'm most looking foreword to in 2010.
YourViolentStalker
Now, I haven't played all the way through any of the second generation games since my first playthrough of Silver when it came out, but I thought for sure that it wasn't just Crystal that gave you all the legendaries. In fact, respective legendaries for each version didn't start until generation three. (That is, ones only catchable in its respective version, not box art.) If you had Gold, you got Ho-oh first at level 40 and then Lugia after getting something from Kanto at level 70, and viceversa for Silver. Whether they keep that in the remakes is questionable, but in the originals, I'm pretty sure that's how it went down.

As for me, I just want a good ice type before Mt. Silver. No likey Delibird. Oh, and Pikachu before Kanto would be nice. Ampharos is good, but the rat is my favorite.
Little Washu
One good thing about these is, we'll get updated art! You know how most of the pokemon from Jhoto still have old art? Like:

So oh, and new art of Kris.

Oh, Kriiiiissss <33333333!!!
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 9 2009, 08:53 PM) *

please refresh my memory here.... kris was the girl right??? (been a while since i played) and so can't wait on till they remake them again.
Little Washu
QUOTE (xXdark_angel_nekoXx @ May 9 2009, 07:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 9 2009, 08:53 PM) *

please refresh my memory here.... kris was the girl right??? (been a while since i played) and so can't wait on till they remake them again.

Of course Kris is the girl D':!!! The first (and best) female character.

I love her so much >w<

EDIT

Update: Pokémon Sunday has aired, revealing multiple aspects. First, there are new Sugimori artwork for the starters Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile. In addition, a short video of "gameplay" was shown (screenshot on the left) with overworld sprites of Gold and Silver, with the selected starter, Chikorita, walking behind Gold. There appear to be wind currents as well.

I can't help but wonder if, in these games, you have the option to let your starter hang out with you, like in yellow?

EDIT (AGAIN)
That theory may have been confirmed by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgzjRYnjXws
Meitantei Conan
Yeah, I can't wait. I'mma buy HeartGold in Japanese. Then I'm gonna get Soul Silver in English. I love Soul Silver. I want to get it in English so I can understand it more and it's my favorite One Silver been my favorite since I was 9 years old. But yeah. I'm looking forward to it.
YourViolentStalker
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 9 2009, 10:45 PM) *
I can't help but wonder if, in these games, you have the option to let your starter hang out with you, like in yellow?

What I think (/hope; I'm the type of person who evolved my Pikachu in Yellow just so it would stop following me) that may be is just at the beginning of the game. If I recall correctly (but again, I haven't played in forever) when you get your starter Pokemon, you're just borrowing it to run an errand for Professor Elm, so it's not really yours yet, so it's just following you. Then later, after Elm is all like, "OMG Poekymon iz happeh", he gives it to you, and he gives you its Pokeball so it stops following you. Otherwise, it'd be a very strange thing to do, in my opinion. It'd be like... Why use Pokeballs if I can just kidnap them? *shrugs* Just a theory.
Little Washu
QUOTE (YourViolentStalker @ May 11 2009, 04:48 PM) *

What I think (/hope; I'm the type of person who evolved my Pikachu in Yellow just so it would stop following me) that may be is just at the beginning of the game. If I recall correctly (but again, I haven't played in forever) when you get your starter Pokemon, you're just borrowing it to run an errand for Professor Elm, so it's not really yours yet, so it's just following you. Then later, after Elm is all like, "OMG Poekymon iz happeh", he gives it to you, and he gives you its Pokeball so it stops following you. Otherwise, it'd be a very strange thing to do, in my opinion. It'd be like... Why use Pokeballs if I can just kidnap them? *shrugs* Just a theory.

I was thinking so too. Actually I was hoping so, because I sorta thought it'd get annoying XD;
Envy II
Of course Kris is the girl D':!!! The first (and best) female character.

I love her so much >w<

She isn't going to be the girl in this remake. Like it or not.

Here's the new female character for HG and SS:

You can see the rest of CoroCoro's scans here.

And these scans also confirm that the starter continues to follow you around and that the opposite gendered character of the one you chose will play a supporting role in the game.

I don't know if I like that last bit. I wanted a G/S remake, not something too different. =/
Little Washu
^Already heard. Ugly, isn't that thing?
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 9 2009, 11:45 PM) *

thanks for the pic little washu. now that i remeber what she looks like i have to say that she is my favorite to.

QUOTE (Envy II @ May 12 2009, 01:23 PM) *
Here's the new female character for HG and SS:

and thanks for the scan of the new girl. man she looks ugly. i like the original kris ten time better then this one.
Little Washu
^That thing is not Kris, but due to her look, I'll refer to her as Mary-Sue.
Holy crap, she is so UGLY!

Kris, despite being the female counterpart of Gold and Silver's player character Gold, is not included as the female counterpart, with a new character instead taking her place. This is likely due to Kris's close association with Pokémon Crystal, in which she was introduced.

Maybe, if they do make a Crystal remake, Kris will take the place of the ugly one.
Envy II
I seriously doubt they'd do a Crystal remake.

They never did a Yellow remake with the Red and Blue (or Green, whatever) remakes.
YourViolentStalker
I think I may just have to play as a boy. I thought the guy from Diamond and Pearl was bad... But this is really just something else. OH! You know who she kind of reminds me of? Pippi Longstockings. I think it's the hair... or what part of the hair you can see beneath the humongous hat.

I'm kind of annoyed that my starter is gonna follow me around. That just gives me an extra reason to trade in a Charmander at the very beginning. I doubt it will follow you unless it has your ID number, right? Er... wait, even if it does have your ID number. Blahhh, I guess it would just be the first G/S starter in your party. Or else you could have six starter Pokemon following you at once. Dx Disregard that. I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore.
Little Washu
QUOTE (Envy II @ May 12 2009, 06:15 PM) *
I seriously doubt they'd do a Crystal remake.

Why not? Crystal was the best of all the Pokemon games, like, ever. Of course, I wouldn't expect a male fan to understand.

Also, the general Crystal idea was the best, with Suicune and the Tin Tower and everything.

But until there is a Crystal remake, or I can play as Kris instead of the cheap rip-off, I don't plan on buying these games anytime soon.
Envy II
Um... I actually feel that Crystal is the best Pokemon game ever. I loved that they finally added the option to be a female trainer! I was so sick of having to be a male trainer.

Not to add that it was an improved Gold and Silver... Which those two games were already amazing to begin with. They were so awesome that I was incredibly disappointed with Ruby when I got it. I guess they just can't top Gold/Silver/Crystal. It's like the only sequel I've ever incredibly hyped, seen the whole game before I even played it (I had a guide of the Japanese game before it even came out. XD) and yet all of that hype was still lived up to. I'd argue that they're the best sequel ever, as well. =P

But anyways, despite loving Crystal as much as I do, I realize that a Crystal remake is not likely. As I said they did not make a Yellow remake. They just aren't interested in remaking the "third" games. I'm hoping that they will have features from Crystal, but I doubt it... =(
Little Washu
^That didn't stop them from making Emerald or Platinum. Kris was the only reason I was excited about these games. Jhoto isn't Jhoto without her. So, until they do, if they ever remake it, I'm gonna go play my old Crystal game, thank you very much.
Envy II
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 13 2009, 08:43 AM) *
^That didn't stop them from making Emerald or Platinum. Kris was the only reason I was excited about these games. Jhoto isn't Jhoto without her. So, until they do, if they ever remake it, I'm gonna go play my old Crystal game, thank you very much.

Platinum and Emerald were for the NEW generation games, not the remakes.

Sorry, but if you want her you're most likely going to miss out on these remakes. I don't understand why they changed the female character, but they did. =/ Nintendo makes weird (and mostly stupid IMO) decisions sometimes.

I'm not saying that they for sure won't make a Crystal remake, but I just seriously doubt it.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
out of all the pokeman games that i have played i have to say that gold, silver, and crystal were my all time favorites. and aslo i hope that they do a crystal remake of some kind. that would be so cool.
ApatheticSloth
I'm looking forward to SoulSilver mainly. I hope that they put in Red and Blue like they did in the originals. Travel all the way back to ...Kanto (was it?) and face every other Gym Leader and finally face Blue then Red. I'm probably going to get my team of Ampharos, Slowbro and Miltank again. If not, then I might try another team and hopefully catch that Shiny Gyarados this time. Last time, I KO'ed it by accident and didn't save...
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (ApatheticSloth @ May 29 2009, 05:40 AM) *
If not, then I might try another team and hopefully catch that Shiny Gyarados this time. Last time, I KO'ed it by accident and didn't save...

i am wondering if in the remakes that they have Shiny Gyarados again. and also that we can go to the kanto region again. that would be so cool. happy.gif
luluseason
Can't wait for it's release!
They should remake pokemon Yellow, i want a pikachu following me everywhere biggrin.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE (luluseason @ May 29 2009, 12:48 PM) *
They should remake pokemon Yellow, i want a pikachu following me everywhere biggrin.gif

In this game, your Pokemon does follow you everywhere.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 30 2009, 09:41 PM) *

ya that is true and all..... but pokemon yellow was the first ever game to do that and at the time it was so cool. and aslo i hope that they do to make a remake for the pokemon yellow game.
luluseason
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 31 2009, 02:41 AM) *

Really? like your starter pokemon?
Little Washu
QUOTE (luluseason @ May 31 2009, 11:27 AM) *

Yep. Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile. No clue if they still do when they evolve though.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 31 2009, 09:01 PM) *
QUOTE (luluseason @ May 31 2009, 11:27 AM) *

Yep. Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile. No clue if they still do when they evolve though.

but i hope that when they evolve that they still do that. that would be so cool.
ApatheticSloth
Yeah, you have a giant scary blue bipedal Alligator following you around. The best thing old people need to see when you talk to them.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (ApatheticSloth @ Jun 2 2009, 02:34 AM) *
Yeah, you have a giant scary blue bipedal Alligator following you around. The best thing old people need to see when you talk to them.

ya so... i think that would be so cool if you can do that on the game. but if not that is ok.
penguintruth
I (almost) always choose the Water starter, so Totodile, I choose you!
Trakonda
I'm so looking forward to this! <3 Lugia is one of my fave legendaries, so.. by no doubt I will get SoulSilver out of these two. 8D

And I absolutely love Totodile, so you can guess twice who is gonna be my starter. \o/

..I never got a GBC in my childhood, so I didn't get to play the original. (my parents thought I won't need a game console, no matter how many times I begged for one. ) Hearing about the NDS remake made me really happy!
Reindeer Age
Ahhh my absolute favourite reborn!

Typhlosion struttin' his stuff 'round the Bellsprout Tower! Buahahahaha!
Elrico
QUOTE (Reindeer Age @ Jul 7 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Ahhh my absolute favourite reborn!

Typhlosion struttin' his stuff 'round the Bellsprout Tower! Buahahahaha!

Yeah. I agree with you. As to oppose to people who starts using water types, I start using fire types although fire types occasionally get a disadvantage on the first ym leader. smile.gif

Is it true that Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be released on Spring 2010? What month do we expect it?
Meitantei Conan
I downloaded the ROM of Soul Silver, and beat it, and I have to say it is awesome.

so since I wanted to beat Heart Gold, and stuff, I wanted to trade over alot of my pokemon from my Diamond/Platinum, I imported HG, and I am still playing.

and Every pokemon can follow you, as long as it is in the first slot of your party.

yeah.
No no no, the original Pokémon was the complete and uttermost amazing game of my lifetime wink.gif
Meitantei Conan
Well thats your opinion.
other people have other opinions.
Like mine.
IMO Soul silver is the best Pokemon game there is.
Billea_the_Turtle
Nintendo really should remake Crystal. That was the best game of the series and my personal favorite. But, it will be nice to replay Silver again with updated graphics.
Forsaken Love
silver and gold (and crystal) were by far the best pkm games of the series imo, I can't wait for the remakes, and all the new features look interesting, however better technology doesnt nesscarily mean a better game, 2nd generation pkm imo was so good because all the mons were so creative and there was the perfect number of them, so 'catch em all' was perfectly pheasable, with all the new generations there are just too many and imo will pull at this game, however, I'm honestly very excited and can't wait for the english release!!!! will be gettin heartgold
Meitantei Conan
QUOTE (theanimalmafia @ Oct 18 2009, 09:53 AM) *
Nintendo really should remake Crystal. That was the best game of the series and my personal favorite. But, it will be nice to replay Silver again with updated graphics.

No, HG/SS pretty much has what Crystal offers. it'll be pretty much pointless.
Little Washu
QUOTE (Sora The Key @ Oct 22 2009, 03:19 AM) *
No, HG/SS pretty much has what Crystal offers. it'll be pretty much pointless.

It lacks Kris, the best thing Crystal offers. Soul is a hick, and should be permanently removed from the Pokemon world.

Also, Emerald had all that Sapphire and Ruby had to offer, the same with Platinum, Diamond and Pearl. They just had a few updated features and some more mini quests. For example, a revamped Crystal might have a more in depth plot involving Suicune. Oh, and Kris. That's all I really care about.
Meitantei Conan
I really doubt that Gamefreak is gonna make a crystal remake since they never made a Yellow remake.
doesn't make sense to me.
and Kotone isn't that bad. I mean Kris is amazing, but Kotone is cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.