Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Thread Is Closed. Please Check Out New "transcription" Thread! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Tombow
ETA: May 1, 2009
This thread was used for the planning of the "FMA Brotherhood anime transcriptions of official English Funimation sub" and now closed.

Please check out the newly opened FMA-2: Brotherhood anime, official English sub transcriptions thread!! ^^

================

QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Apr 24 2009, 09:59 AM) *
So, I'm starting this thread due to the fact that:

1.) I'm a bit OCD, and do crazy things like copy down Funi's official subtitles to compare against fan-subs and

2.) Because it has come to my attention that there are members on this board without access to the official Funimation subtitled episodes.

I hope this proves useful to someone, somewhere! biggrin.gif

@His Name is Unknown - Thank you!!!! biggrin.gif This will help many FMA fans who do not have access to Funimation.co!!!

(BTW, I know Kale Mustang on our board has been also working on making the transcripts as we speak. So, in case you might need some help, maybe he can help out with the transcripts for episode 2 and 3, or any of the upcoming episode? Just letting you know. ^^)

-----

OT: This is very OT, but since I seem to have missed the chance to respond to your post on ep 3 discussion thread... I fully understand that you have reservations on watching future episodes and posting on discussion threads for these episodes, but just letting you know that I've been enjoying reading your posts with your views and thoughtful analysis of the new FMA anime series episodes very much, and your posts on episode discussion threads have some followers of sort who appreciate reading your posts very much, not because they agree with everything you say, but because they don't, and your posts have been a very valuable tool to learn different point of view on the series. Thank you!! ^^
Kale Mustang
In between grabbing the episodes, I've also started converting the files into a format that my iTouch is happy with so I'll be able to watch and transcribe when I'm not in front of the computer (so long as I have my notebook, pen and ipod).

After talking with His Name is Unknown via pm, I'll take over episode 3 and we'll be splitting accordingly.
Tombow
QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Apr 24 2009, 12:10 PM) *
Thanks for the heads-up Tombow. I've already started talking with Kale via PM, so we should be splitting the work-load in the future. We're also considering a link to these transcripts in document form to condense the size of the posts as the episodes progress. For example, leaving five episode transcripts up at a time, and then converting them to a single linked word document before posting the next five. This should help to keep the thread manageable.

Oh, and continuing the OT just a bit, I've decided to see the new FMA through to the end. After all, it's what the Elrics would do! "Just because you don't like what's written, it doesn't change how the story ends," I believe Ed would say. Plus, after rewatching the first three episodes, and considering some of the points by other posters, I can see that I just need some time to adjust to a more Shonen-esque, light-hearted FMA. Regardless of the outcome, I love the series and enjoy posting on this forum! laugh.gif

His Name is Unknown and Kale Mustang, thank you so much in advance for all your hard works!! I already know that quite a number of FMA fans are looking forward to reading your transcripts for all the FMA-2 episodes!! Cheers to both of you for taking on this project!! happy.gif

And, I think converting the file is a good idea!! How about we keep adding posts with the whole transcript for the new episode on the thread, but also convert each episode of transcript for one file, and list them on the fist post of this thread...or something like that? Or, please do however you feel is the best.^^

Oh, and since this thread got little messy with planning posts (with me as a guilty party on that, and I apologize. ^^) if you'd like to start a fresh thread sons posts with planning content, please feel free to open a fresh thread with the transcript content alone, and then I can move the posts from this thread that are purely responding to your transcript to your new thread, and close the rest. ^^ Just presenting an option. ^^

------------

OT: His Name is Unknown - I'm very glad to hear that!! ^^
Kale Mustang
<Content moved to the new thread>
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 30 2009, 02:11 PM) *
@Kale Mustang - Thank you in advance for the transcripts for the episode 4!!
(Is there any way you and His Name is Unknown can discuss about bringing out transcriptions for episode 2 sometime soon? ^^ Thanks for all your works!! ^^)

Actually, the transcript for ep. 2 was in Unknown's initial post (it's pretty far down, but I remember seeing it before I posted mine). But I can double-check with him.

And speaking for myself, it's no problem with the transcripts.

Tombow
@Kale Mustang - Aha, now I see it!! Thank you for pointing me to the right direction!! ^^
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 30 2009, 02:35 PM) *
@Kale Mustang - Aha, now I see it!! Thank you for pointing me to the right direction!! ^^

No problem.
Tombow
QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Apr 30 2009, 07:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Apr 30 2009, 05:36 PM) *
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 30 2009, 02:35 PM) *

No problem.

Yes, it was a part of my initial post, but there wasn't much to denote a new episode other than the bold title. I'll edit my original post to make the divide between episodes one and two more clear happy.gif

@His Name is Unknown and Kale Mustang - Appreciate all your works!! ^^
Also... if you two don't mind, I'd like to move your guys' posts with the transcripts (and reply posts from other posters) to a fresh thread to tidy up the look of the thread. (after it's done, His Name is Unknown will remain as the thread starter.)

You can check out fullmoon's FMA Brotherhood anime series Capsummaries Collection thread as an example of the resulting thread. I constructed that thread from her posts and posts that were replying to her posts on 3 different threads and made into one fresh thread with more tidy appearance. ... (But, only if you guys don't mind making into a fresh thread... ^^)
Tombow
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Apr 30 2009, 08:26 PM) *
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 30 2009, 05:04 PM) *
@His Name is Unknown and Kale Mustang - Appreciate all your works!! ^^
Also... if you two don't mind, I'd like to move your guys' posts with the transcripts (and reply posts from other posters) to a fresh thread to tidy up the look of the thread. (after it's done, His Name is Unknown will remain as the thread starter.)

Don't mind the move as it'll probably look cleaner and easier to navigate.

^ Thanks!!

ETA: Moved preceding 6 posts from FMA Brotherhood episode 4 discussion thread

=============

ETA: May 1, 2009
This thread was used for the planning of the "FMA Brotherhood anime transcriptions of official English Funimation sub" and now closed.

Please check out the newly opened FMA-2: Brotherhood anime, official English sub transcriptions thread!! ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.