Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA "Brotherhood" Anime Series General Q & A Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Popogeejo
FAQ
What's FMA:B?
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the second anime based on the FMA manga. This one is stated to follow the manga closer than the previous series.

Why is there another series being made? What was wrong with the previous series?
Nothing was wrong with the last series as such. The simple case is the original anime started while the manga was still in it's infancy and caught up quickly. Seeing it would over take the manga the anime studio, BONES, decided to make their own plot. It ended up being very different from what the manga did so now this new series is here to tell the mangas story.
See here for full details on the 1st anime and the changes it made to the mangas story.

I just want to talk about the previous anime. Can I still do that? Why are the two boards separate?
By all means, you can post about it here.
The reason we keep them separate is due to difference in the story and such.

How many episodes is FMA:B going to be?
Currently we have no definite answer but best guesses would put it at around 51, just like the last series.

Who is making this?
Same as before, Bones. A very skilled studio.

What about the dub?
Funimation says they will have out 9 months after it comes out on DVD in Japan.

Where can I get a subtitled version until then?
You can see this thread for extensive information on where you can watch FMA. We should mention that linking to fansubs isn't allowed due to Funimation having licensed the show in the US. Links to raws are fine though if thats your thing.

Can I make a thread about the latest episode or does someone special do that?
Seeing things have just started we have no formal thread starter or system for deciding so for now it's a free for all. The mods are nice and happy to help so they won't be a problem if repeat threads are made, just don't get upset if they lock your thread in favour of another wink.gif

It's kinda weird how they are showing stuff we've already seen. Wouldn't it better to start where the first anime and manga separated?
It's only weird until you remember this series is also being made to accommodate new fans who may not have seen the first series. It'd be unfair to expect new comers to to jump into the middle of story. This is also why the pacing is rather hectic. Bones doesn't want to spend to much time in old territory so old fans can get their new content as soon as possible. It's a hard balance to hit.
Note: With current pacing ep 13/14 should see us moving into manga only territory.

What happened to the Animation style and Music of the first series?
BONEs has moved on quite a bit since the 1st FMA series was started some 8 years ago. Their colouring style changed heavily with Eureka7 and Soul Eater. Pretty much they've just found a style that suits them and that they're comfortable with. I preferred the old style as well but it's nice to see a studio evolving and carving out it's own unique style. Like Gainax and Sunrise BONEs has developed it's own visual and musical signature. That said, with a lengthy schedule ahead of them they have been making a few mistakes from time to time. These will most likely be fixed when they move the series to DVD.

*Following questions contain minor spoilers for the first anime*
Why wasn't Wrath on Izumi's training island and where is Sloth?
One of the biggest changes BONEs made was the homunculi. Izumi's human transmutation no longer causes Wrath to be born. Same goes for the Elric's. Sloth is a totally new character, Wrath is King Bradley who, apart from the name change, remains the same and Pride is someone else altogether. Also, for the most part they are far less powerful than in the first anime so Envy fans may get upset.

If you have any other questions about FMA:B in general then feel free to ask here, that's the whole idea of the thread. If you want to know more about specific episodes then ask in the relevant threads for each episode.
Kyelinn
Nice work there, Popo. I think you've pretty much covered what people need to know. biggrin.gif That'll be helpful to those who've never read the manga and are confused as to why a 2nd anime is being made. *thumbs up*
Tombow
Thank you Popo!! Nicely done!! Stickied the thread. biggrin.gif

Here are some of the popular/useful discussion threads we have. (Check this forum for the rest of the discussion threads. ^^)

* Where to watch episodes (compliled info on the first post)
* Transcriptions of official English subs from episodes on Funimation.com.
* HD Screen caps (in downloadable files, for all episodes aired so far)
* Funny Capsummaries. (for all episodes aired so far)

Episode content discussion threads:

* Episode 1: Fulmetal Alchemist English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 14
* Episode 2: The First Day English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 13
* Episode 3: City of Heresy English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 8
* Episode 4: An Alchemist's Anguish English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 8
* Episode 5: Rain of Sorrows English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 6: Road of Hope English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 7: Hidden Truths English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 6
* Episode 8: The Fifth Laboratory English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 6
* Episode 9: Created Feelings English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 7
* Episode 10: Separate Destinations English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 6
* Episode 11: Miracle at Rush Valley English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 12: One is All, All is One English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 13: Beasts of Dublith English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 14: Those Who Lurk Underground English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 15: Envoy from the East English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 6
* Episode 16: Footsteps Of A Comrade-in Arms English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 17: Cold Flame English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 18: On the Palm of an Arrogant Human Being English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 19: Death of the Undying English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 20: Father Standing Before a Grave English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 21: The fools advance forth English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 22: Distant Backs English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 23: Girl on the Battlefield English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 24: Inside the Belly English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 25: Doorway Of Darkness English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 26: Reunion English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 27: Interlude Party English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 28: Father English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 29: Struggle Of The Fool English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 30: The Ishvalan War Of Extermination English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 31: The 520 Cens Promise English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 32: The Fuhrer's Son English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 33: Northern Wall Of Briggs English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 34: Ice Queen English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 35: The Shape Of This Country English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 36: Family Portrait English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 37: The First Homunculus English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 38: Conflict at Baschool English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 39: Daydream English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 40: Dwarf in the Flask English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 41: Abyss English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 42: Signs of a Counteroffensive English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 43: Bite of the Ant English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 44: Revving At Full Throttle English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 45: The Promised Day English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 46: Looming Shadows English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 47: Messenger Of Darkness English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 48: The Oath in the Tunnel English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 49: Filial Affection English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 50: Upheaval in Central English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 51: Army of Immortals English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 52: Everyone's Power English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 53: Flames of Revenge English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 54: Beyond the Inferno English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 55: The Adults' Way of Life English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 3
* Episode 56: The Return of the Führer English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 2
* Episode 57: Eternal Rest English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 58: Sacrifices English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 59: Lost Light English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 60: Eye of Heaven, Gateway of Earth English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 61: The One Who Swallowed God English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 4
* Episode 62: A Fierce Counterattack English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 5
* Episode 63: The Other Side of the Gate English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 6
* Episode 64: Journey's End English dubbed episode "talk-back" starts on page 8

* Poll: Should I watch FMA-1 or FMA: Brotherhood first?
* Series 1 vs Series 2
* Series-2 Art Style discussions.
* Series-2 Voice Cast (Japanese) discussions.
* Series-2 Opening Theme discussions (Visual & Sound)
* Series-2 Ending Theme discussions (Visual & Sound)
* Series-2 Soundtrack and OP/ED songs discussions.
samFMA
Season 2 - Why is season one being repeated? Or is it going to end differently?

I'm just wondering if there has been any news on this?
It's kinda wierd how they are just repeating the series, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. I mean, will they ever come off at where they ended the movie?

<Merged the thread here. ~ Tombow>

Tombow
@samFMA - Welcome to the board!! I think...this is just a right kind of question to be posted on stickied FMA anime series-2: Brotherhood general Q & A thread!!
So... I'm moving your post to that thread. biggrin.gif

BTW, you know that FMA anime (first series) had a very very VERY different story line after a while (starting around the second season of FMA anime series 1, and then through the end of the storyline with FMA movie) from FMA manga, right? And, this new series is following the storyline of FMA MANGA, so, in the beginning the story will be similar to the first anime series, but it will soon change.

For better explanation, please check out the FAQ posted by Popogeejo above, and if you got more questions, please post here, and we will try to help. smile.gif

==============================

The following part of is under construction.

* Production Staff for this series: (from FMA-2 official JP site)

Director: Yasuhiro IRIE (入江泰浩)
Series Configuration: Hiroshi OHNOGI (大野木寛)
Character Design: Hiroki KANNO (菅野宏紀)
Art Design: Kazushige KANEHIRA (金平和茂)
Art Director: Goushi SATO (佐藤豪志)
Background: KUSANAGI (草薙) (Note: Not a person but an Art Studio)
Color Layout: Souko NAKAO (中尾総子)
Alchemy circle Design: Shinji ARAMAKI (荒牧伸志)
Music Director: Akira SENJU (千住明)
Sound Director: Masafumi MIMA (三間雅文)
Animation Production: BONES (ボンズ)
Production: Fullmetal Alchemist Production Committee (鋼の錬金術師製作委員会)

----------------------

* OP/ED for the series: (from FMA-2 official JP site)

FMA-2 Opening: 'Again' by YUI
FMA-2 Ending: 'Uso' - by SID

-----------------------
Tombow
<Moved a post by another poster, resulting in the consecutive posting.>

QUOTE (Akrinis @ May 23 2009, 09:22 PM) *
I've noticed that the new anime is very different to the first anime. I'm not referring to the storyline, because I'm aware that the producers have decided to follow the manga's storyline closely in this series, but it appears to me that the new series is lacking...

What happened to the Animation style and Music of the first series? The new anime's graphics seem very sketchy to me and the slightly monotonal. Being a huge fan of the first anime, I loved the art style and the music blended in nicely together. Did the production team decide to change it's music director and art director? If so, I'm very disappointed

@Akrinis - Welcome to the board. The new series has a new art director, and new music director. In fact, most of individual production staff are different from the first series. So, it's not much of "what happened to the art style of the first series," because there is no continuation of it, period. Well, not completely, but most of characters are based on character design on manag, and I think we should really treat the art design of this series as separate topic from the last series.

Now that that question is taking care of, I'm assuming you'd like to talk about the art style in this series, so I'm transferring your post to art style/animation of the FMA series-2: Brotherhood thread. Please continue this discussion there. smile.gif
The-Alchemist101
okay i finally understand also i thought they were gonna continue FMA where it last ended where *spoiler*Ed dies in the end to revive his brother and Ed is in the real world. but now i know that FMA:Brotherhood will be more like the manga version than the previous Series as it went its own path. happy.gif
Popogeejo
POPO WILL ANSWER MORE THINGS AND EXPAND ON WHAT TOMBOW SAID!

QUOTE (samFMA @ Apr 27 2009, 05:41 PM) *
It's kinda wierd how they are just repeating the series, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. I mean, will they ever come off at where they ended the movie?

It's only weird until you remember this series is also being made to accommodate new fans who may not have seen the first series. It'd be unfair to expect new comers to to jump into the middle of story. This is also why the pacing is rather hectic. Bones doesn't want to spend to much time in old territory so old fans can get their new content as soon as possible. It's a hard balance to hit.

QUOTE (Akrinis @ May 23 2009, 09:22 PM) *
What happened to the Animation style and Music of the first series?

BONEs has moved on quite a bit since the 1st FMA series was started some 8 years ago. Their colouring style changed heavily with Eureka7 and Soul Eater. Pretty much they've just found a style that suits them and that they're comfortable with. I preferred the old style as well but it's nice to see a studio evolving and carving out it's own unique style. Like Gainax and Sunrise BONEs has developed it's own visual and musical signature.

QUOTE (The-Alchemist101 @ May 24 2009, 03:13 AM) *
okay i finally understand also i thought they were gonna continue FMA where it last ended where *spoiler*Ed dies in the end to revive his brother and Ed is in the real world. but now i know that FMA:Brotherhood will be more like the manga version than the previous Series as it went its own path. happy.gif

If you want a continuation of FMA 1 then watch the movie. Many claim it's the full ending of the first series and wraps everything up.

I may clean these up add these to the OP at some point or I may do nothing and simply hope people read the thread beyond the first post. Who knows?
The-Alchemist101
@Popogeejo - oh alright Thanks i got it now haha now everythings not that confusing anymore! i cannot intentionally wait for the New series fully comes out smile.gif
Can Alchemist
~ To Watch Or Not To Watch...?! ~

Hi there...I'm a huge Fma fan(actually it was the first "real-serie" I've watched) but I'm not a "Anime type of person", I rather read manga..Do u think that FMA Brotherhood is mandatory to see?
Tombow
QUOTE (Popogeejo @ May 24 2009, 12:28 AM) *
POPO WILL ANSWER MORE THINGS AND EXPAND ON WHAT TOMBOW SAID!

I may clean these up add these to the OP at some point or I may do nothing and simply hope people read the thread beyond the first post. Who knows?

Thank you, Popo!!! biggrin.gif

=============

QUOTE (Can Alchemist @ Jun 12 2009, 12:23 AM) *
Hi there...I'm a huge Fma fan(actually it was the first "real-serie" I've watched) but I'm not a "Anime type of person", I rather read manga..Do u think that FMA Brotherhood is mandatory to see?

@Can Alchemist - Welcome to the board!!

No, of course it's not mandatory to watch FMA Brotherhood anime. biggrin.gif
There are many FMA manga fans who are NOT watching FMA: Brotherhood anime, and that's perfectly fine, in my opinion. I watch it, and I enjoy it, but that's just me. ^^
If you read only FMA manga, then hope to see you in FMA manga forum, and if you happen to watch the first series of FMA anime, then hope to see you in FMA anime (first series) forum, and then our FMA Character discussion forum is including both FMA anime and FMA manga chracters, so we hope to see you there also. And, in any of other forums we have. Xd Just find whatever the form of FMA you like, and enjoy that one, then share that joy with us.biggrin.gif
(At least that's my opinion. XD)

Anyway, in a while I'm going to add this thread to FMA:Brotherhood anime Q&A thread, then maybe others can add their opinion on this there, too. ^^

ETA: June 12, 2009. Merged thread. smile.gif
Can Alchemist
ok thanks
spikeville
Have I been out of the loop for so long that i would miss something as important as a new fma series?? ;_; wher can i see this beautiful shiney creation?
Tombow
@spikeville - Wecome to our board! You can check out Where to watch episodes for available viewing options for your area.

You can also check out FMA:Brotherhood Q & A thread for some useful info. (I'll be moving your post and my reply to that thread sometime later also.)

ETA: June 22 Moved the posts to FMA:Brotherhood Q & A thread, as I think this Q & A posts would fit there.
SangsBleus
~ What Is The Difference Between Fullmetal Alchemist And Brotherhood? ~

I'm really, really confused. I thought they were the same thing until today. Someone explain please?

I understand that Brotherhood supposedly sticks closer to the manga. Would it be better just to read the manga?
Tombow
@SangsBleus - Welcome to our board!
To answer questions just like that one, we created FMA:Brotherhoos anime FAQ and Q&A thread, and I think Popogeejo did a very nice job of explaining that there. Please check out his post with answers there, and if you got more questions, please post them on that thread, and we'll try to help you and answer all your questions there. biggrin.gif

(As to your question about reading it in manga or watching it as anime... they are two different media, and some like reading manga, while some like watching it in animated form, and many, including myself, are fans of the first FMA anime series, and FMA manga, and would love to watch FMA manga story in animated form also, and hence very excited about this new series. ^^ )

Closing this thread. Please come over to FMA:Brotherhoos anime FAQ and Q&A thread in FMA:Brotherhood anime forum. We'll see you there. ^^

ETA: July 11, 2009 Merged thread.
Zanuff
Im a very new fan of Full Metal Alchemist i seen all 51 episodes includeing the movie and i was like WOW... probaly one of the best anime`s i ever seen... And i don`t get it, why they stoped at 51 episodes and over few years they maide the movie like on 2003 2004 if i readed good.. Wish i can make the guys who created this anime to start a new serie , not this fan`s lies that i readed cuz on April will start a new serie .. Hope the guys who created it will read my post and will think about it, for me FMA is compared with Bleach and Naruto Shippuden one of the best animes of the moment... I miss Edward and Alfonso i wanna see the rest if they goin back to theyr real world , i want an episode like on every week hundred of episodes if u guys can , make new enemys new story`s ... Make Alfonso and Edward more mature now... common guys bring a new story , believ me you guys wont lost this investment is year 2009 and we still cry after FMA animes... Sorry for my english (gramatic) ..

P.S Zanuff from Romania hope some FMA bosses will read this and make something for a big fan of one of the best manga animes maide smile.gif. PLS don`t trow Full Metal ALchemist away smile.gifand btw im not a kid im just a guy of 22 years who like good animes and he posted this in hope he will make someone to bring back the memory`s that FMA was and his still a big succes that he keep make`s fan`s and don`t bring me that sh1t with FMA Brotherhood cuz is a stupid ideea with combining episodes in past episodes we wanna see the future not the past. (for me full methal alchemist still live in my hearth and every fan hearth)
Tombow
@Zanuff - Welcome to our board! Actually, we do have a new FMA anime series going on now. It's called Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. But, the new series is NOT the continuation of the first FMA anime series. The new series is based on manga FMA story, which is the original FMA story.
You can learn more about the new FMA:Brotherhood anime series on FMA:Brotherhood FAQ thread. Check it out, and if you get more questions on the new series, you can post your question there, and we'll try to answer your question there. smile.gif

Closing the thread. If you are interested in the new series, we have a whole forum full of interesting discussions going on there, and you can start out by visiting FMA:Brotherhood FAQ thread. smile.gif

ETA: I see you edited in more to your post... If you have trouble understanding why they made FMA: Brotherhood anime series, you can post and ask that on FMA:Brotherhood FAQ thread. But, please keep in mind that we don't allow bashing on our board, be it about the new series, or about another members' opinion, or whatnot. Hence, if you'd like to participate in the discussions on our board, we ask you to mind your posting decorum. smile.gif

Merged thread.
Master_Alchemist
Is it just me or does it seem like there are so many scenes and episodes that mirror the first season? I mean, didn't Ed already fight Lust and Envy in the first season? And also, didnt they have that exact same battle with those armored souls with Ed fighting inside and Al outside? And didnt they meet up with their master and do this deserted island thing? I know I only watched season 1 before this so I am confused... seems like every other ep has some repeats, but I do know there are fresh materials as well, like the city of auto-mail, etc... am I off here?
Vlyse
Brotherhood is a remake of the series. It is not a sequel to the first anime.
thunderbreak
1st anime is based on part of the manga especially at the beginning.but there are differences even at the beginning .details changes,some of the character's details changes.for the island thingy,there's no wrath on the island in this version.this version is following the manga plot.there would be a clear cut in ep 15 i think,a major seperation between 2 animes.i think it's on square enix website promo vid,if u like to spoil urself.
Tombow
Thank you for your help, Vlyse and thunderbreak!! biggrin.gif

@Master_Alchemist - Welcome to our board! I'm guessing that you are one of those fans of the first series of FMA anime who had not had a chance to check out FMA manga series? ^^ And if so, I understand your confusion, and we have a thread set up just for viewers of FMA: Brotherhood like you. biggrin.gif
Please check out FMA:Brotherhood anime FAQ" above (the first post of this thread, by Popo) and also, it may be helpful to read the summary post on the first page of FMA manga-anime differences as this new series is based on FMA manga, and NOT the continuation of the first series of FMA anime.
And then, if you got more questions, please post that on this thread, and we'll try to help you with your questions. smile.gif

Merged the thread, and edited the post accordingly.
Ssuvina
I have read these pages but still I'm wondering that is there on the way somekind of continue to the whole Fullmetal Alchemist?
I have seen the episodes 1 to 51 and the movie also.

I'm just wondering huh.gifClick to view attachment
Cardboard Box Junkie
Good thread.

I just have one note:

Also, for the most part they are far less powerful than in the first anime so Envy fans may get upset.

That's debatable. Manga Pride would wipe the floor with Anime Pride. Plus I think Envy and Gluttony are much more powerful in the manga, especially in their "ultimate" forms.
Tombow
QUOTE (Ssuvina @ Jul 27 2009, 02:07 AM) *
I have read these pages but still I'm wondering that is there on the way somekind of continue to the whole Fullmetal Alchemist?
I have seen the episodes 1 to 51 and the movie also.

I'm just wondering huh.gif

@Ssuvina - Welcome to our board! I'm guessing that you are a fan of the first series of FMA anime, but you're not familiar with FMA manga? Well, this new FMA anime series is NOT a continuation of the first FMA anime series, but it is an FMA anime series based on FMA manga storyline. You can read the explanation on this on "FMA:Brotherhood anime FAQ" above (the first post of this thread, by Popo, and also it may help understand the FMA anime (first series) - manga differences by reading FMA manga - anime (first series) differences thread, and if you get more questions about this new series, please post on this thread and we'll try to help you with your questions. smile.gif
theicecreamalchemist
Does anyone happen to know if Brotherhood is being made with a smaller budget than FMA 1? It just seems to me in some places the art is inconsistant and they are cutting corners. Its hard to explain, and Brotherhood is still good, but the quality looks to me like its gone down. Not just compared to FMA1, but generally in other popular animes I've seen, the animation/art has been better then it looks to me in Brotherhood, if that makes sense? I presumed cause FMA is so big they would have a ton of money to put into it. Or is there any other reason? Like a different director?
Kaori Ayanami
You know, there is an economical crisis and such... BONES was one of the finest (and most consistent) animation companies in Japan till recently. Honestly, the only reason for this drop of quality I could think of is that one.

(Besides, those guys are making now another anime at the same time, Tokyo Magnitude 8 or something like that, which I've heard has a remarkable animation quality. Maybe the budget went that way XD).
FullMetal Tigress
Just a Question where do you get that the subtitle is Brotherhood just wondering that because i have visited the official webpage and the name is the same it hasn't change so Brotherhood i don't get it .
And please stop saying that is a second season because the real stuff is that is A NEW ANIME NO A SECOND SEASON so STOP SAYING THAT

Some of my friends that the style use in the new anime is because it have to be the same of the Manga i don't understand myself that but i have to say that this new anime is more funny and Edward doesn't let that his little brother Alphonse beat him down no sir Edward got to do what he got to do as a big brother ... Teach to Alphonse a Lesson !!!

But i have to admit that in the First Anime Edward looks very hot and know in the New Anime the color of his eyes and his hair is different .. his eyes are smaller and doesn't have the honey color that drive us crazy and his hair is not golden any more but what do you think about our old New Edward Elric?
Zii
QUOTE (FullMetal Tigress @ Aug 21 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Just a Question where do you get that the subtitle is Brotherhood just wondering that because i have visited the official webpage and the name is the same it hasn't change so Brotherhood i don't get it .

If all English distributors (FUNi, Madman etc) call it Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, then that's what it's called in English. I imagine the subtitle is so there is less confusion between it and the old series; dunno why Japan doesn't use it.

Edward doesn't let that his little brother Alphonse beat him down no sir Edward got to do what he got to do as a big brother ... Teach to Alphonse a Lesson !!!

Whut? Since when was Alphonse a runabout scamp always getting in trouble? I think you got your brothers mixed up.

and his hair is not golden any more

Whut?!
You compare his hair colour to Winry's and tell me it's not golden. It has it's own line colour for crying out loud >V
Sal_san
QUOTE (FullMetal Tigress @ Aug 21 2009, 12:20 AM) *
Some of my friends that the style use in the new anime is because it have to be the same of the Manga i don't understand myself that but i have to say that this new anime is more funny and Edward doesn't let that his little brother Alphonse beat him down no sir Edward got to do what he got to do as a big brother ... Teach to Alphonse a Lesson !!!

But i have to admit that in the First Anime Edward looks very hot and know in the New Anime the color of his eyes and his hair is different .. his eyes are smaller and doesn't have the honey color that drive us crazy and his hair is not golden any more but what do you think about our old New Edward Elric?

Um... are you sure you didn't switch Ed and Al's places? O.o'

What?! His hair is still golden... alright, I admit, it's a little lighter. But it's still golden in shade. Are you sure you're not talking about another Edward? ^.^'

This "New Edward Elric" isn't that different from anime 1 Ed. There are differences, but I don't feel like listing it down right now. XD
Tombow
<Program Note>

QUOTE (sakuraflower @ Aug 25 2009, 09:32 PM) *
I personally think Ed looked way better in the first anime too

But on plot, FMA Brotherhood beats the first anime. Now Lin is in it =3

@sakuraflower - You posted this on FMA:B Q&A thread, but I think your post content is more suited for FMA:B vs FMA first anime series, hence I moved your post there. smile.gif

Everyone, if your post is not about questions on FMA:Brotherhood anime series, or reply with answers to some question about the FMA:Brotherhood anime series, but some general comment, or your opinions about the series, then please post your comment and opinions on appropriate discussion threads elsewhere in the FMA:Brotherhood anime forum. smile.gif
MusicAddict
Um...isn't Funi supposed to have Ep. 21 up by now?

noob here. smile.gif
Alzea
Nope, because ep. 21 is coming out this Sunday, last week there was no episode because of some sport event.
SonPan
Anyone know when the first season OST of brotherhood is coming out if its not already released that is
Kasumisty
On 14th of October are going to be released first Brotherhood OST and Character Themes CD (Ed's and Al's)
Zephyr Alchemist
Honestly I can't tell any difference in the anime Ed's. The only thing I can tell is that the animation seems less detailed than the original series. I like the fact that it's closer to the manga and it's a little more light-hearted, and that Ed's more hot-tempered, but I can't tell other than that. (and his hair is the same) starwars.gif
thunderbreak
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Sep 9 2009, 01:38 PM) *
On 14th of October are going to be released first Brotherhood OST and Character Themes CD (Ed's and Al's)

thanks for the info!honestly i think the ost has been in some place off but if seperate listen i would like it very much.
and the character themes(YAY!!)i was half worried that they would not come out with that....i 'm looking 4ward to miki's and others too.
oh btw can you give me the source links?
Kasumisty
QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Sep 11 2009, 05:40 AM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Sep 9 2009, 01:38 PM) *

thanks for the info!honestly i think the ost has been in some place off but if seperate listen i would like it very much.
and the character themes(YAY!!)i was half worried that they would not come out with that....i 'm looking 4ward to miki's and others too.
oh btw can you give me the source links?

Here is the post with the scan:

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...st&p=697583

(bottom part of image)
SonPan
THanks alot for the info relaly appreciate it
kuro-unagi
um.......0_0
sorry, i'm new...
and i want to ask.........
where to watch this episode........?

Tombow

QUOTE (kuro-unagi @ Oct 25 2009, 06:31 AM) *
um.... i want to ask.........
where to watch this episode........?

@kuro-unagi - Welcome to our board! ^^ It depends on where you resides. Each region has different official viewing venue (if any.)

Anyone wondering where you can watch episodes of FMA: Brotherhood anime, please check out Where to watch FMA:B episodes thread. And, if you got further question on where and how you can watch FMA: Brotherhood episodes, please post that on Where to watch FMA:B episodes thread and we'll try to help you there. smile.gif

I'll move this Q&A posts to FMA:Brotherhood anime Q&A thread later.

Anyone with more general questions about FMA: Brotherhood anime series, please post it on FMA:Brotherhood anime Q&A thread, and we'll try to help you with your question there. smile.gif

ETA: Moved posts.
Blux
Where can I find the character themes (the Ed and Al ones, or maybe the Ling and Ranfan ones that should be coming out) ?
Tombow
QUOTE (Blux @ Nov 10 2009, 01:59 PM) *
Where can I find the character themes (the Ed and Al ones, or maybe the Ling and Ranfan ones that should be coming out) ?

@Blux - Umm... what do you mean by 'find the character themes'? Would you like to find out the INFORMATION on them and find out the names of the songs, etc.? Or, you would like to know where you can obtain/purchase/download the music itself? unsure.gif
Blux
I guess any info would be nice, but I would like to obtain/purchase/download the music smile.gif
Tombow
@Blux - Thank you for clarifying!! ^^ We have threads that would probably help you, and I'll post the links here when I come back later, if some others wouldn't do it before me
(I have to go at the moment...sorry... ^^)
EniviD EiraM
FMA: Brotherhood just simply clears out the main point of view of the story ohmy.gif
Michiyo-
@Blux: You can find download links here:
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...showtopic=13215 Ed's theme
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...showtopic=13205 Al's theme
Blux
Thanks so much Michiyo!
Disasterpiece
in terms of the manga, how far is this one into it
Turdaewen
QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Dec 15 2009, 11:10 PM) *
in terms of the manga, how far is this one into it

You mean FMA:B? Well, it's planning to adapt the entire manga. They changed small details and removed a couple of other details... and made about 2 to 3 filler episodes, but nothing that could really mess the general plot of the manga.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.