Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Broken Chouchou
Lol, I was wondering the same thing! Can't help you here I'm afraid XD
SneakyRuler
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 7 2010, 12:22 AM) *
So here's my n00b moment. What was the scene in the preview where it had rocks and a red shiny? I can't for the life of me figure it out. I know once someone says what it is, I'll facepalm. But it will be a happy one.

I think it's one/a few of the souls Hohenheim left behind all around Amestris. Might be wrong though, but it's the only thing I can come up with. biggrin.gif

Edit: Even though this IS a spoiler zone, some things shouldn't be said aloud biggrin.gif Edited, thanks, Broken Chouchou.
Broken Chouchou
Should you use spoiler tags for that, or is that not required in here? The lateness over here has my brain not functioning at full capacity... so sorry if I'm being an idiot biggrin.gif

But yeah, that makes sense,
Vlyse
^
Nah, this is spoilers for future episodes. It's fine.

I was wondering what that scene in the preview was about too, but I was thinking the same as SneakyRuler.

What I'm more curious about is that last Father/Hohenheim scene where Hohenheim looks surprised. I can only think of the "What if I were to birth humans?" scene but that doesn't seem it. Maybe it's the very beginning where Father just turned into his God form?
Kasumisty
No spoilers from manga here - http://i47.tinypic.com/e5nzue.jpg

It roughly says that everything will conclude on 4th of July.
deet-tastic
OHHH. Xerxians. that makes sense. *does facepalm* I seriously don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Thanks for that link Kasumisty, so the 4th of July? Interesting O_o
hawkflame
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 7 2010, 01:51 AM) *
No spoilers from manga here - http://i47.tinypic.com/e5nzue.jpg

It roughly says that everything will conclude on 4th of July.

So that means there WILL be an episode 64? Fantastic news, if my dates are right. Even still, with the size of the upcoming chapters, it'll all be a tight fit...
deet-tastic
BLARCGALSKD
confusion.

Come on BONES, just make an official statement already. So I can sleep. Please?
Michiyo-
Well, I think that page from Gangan is an official statement, that FMA is ending on July 4.

And the title of ep. 62 is "The Violent Counterattack" "Seizetsunaru Hangeki" (凄絶なる反撃)
Vlyse
The remaining episode titles?

EDIT: Wikipedia says episode 63 is called "Beyond the Door" "Tobira no Mukō Gawa" (扉の向こう側)

Dunno it's for real, but judging the contents of FMA 108, I'd say it is.
rzerox21xx
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/

The episode 64 was true after all! Brotherhood will end in July 4th.
This announcement is put in Gangan July issue, but title and summary aren't opened.
The following are titles and summaries of 61 and 62, and title of 63.

The episode 61 : The one who swallowed down God

Father drew out superpower from Heaven's door by using all Amestrian's lives. He called it "God's power"-. When everything seemed to be desperate, the transmutation circle which Hohenheim laid out works.... Meanwhile the battle between Bradley and Scar was getting determined as well.

The episode 62 : The fierce counterattack

Father lost Amestrian's souls from his body by Hohenheim's plot. But he tries to attack people around him and get their souls to keep God's power which is in himself. To make Philosopher's stone in his body disappear, Briggs soldiers who are alive, Roy, Armstrong and others go on an offensive with all the strength one has, but...

The episode 63 : The other side of door

The episode 64
unknown
A Pierrot's Aria
Hey! So there IS definitely an extra episode? D:

And people thought I was crazy when I suggested that. biggrin.gif

Flamez_Freak
Thats great news . Hey , i surely wasn't one of those people smile.gif i'm sooooo happy .
Broken Chouchou
Aw, but this means no extended special episode... sad.gif

Oh well, still good news. If it's reliable information.
SneakyRuler
Oh, that's good. One more week of Brotherhood! Yes! laugh.gif

@Broken Chouchou: this one is 100% verified information, Gangan does not have tradition of trolling people. We have scans Vlyse and Kasumisty posted, so it's safe to believe.
Flamez_Freak
^i think its safe to trust amber . She's been right most of time . . And thanks to the person who provided this info smile.gif
Broken Chouchou
Well I know Gangan would be trusted, naturally ^ I was more referring to the poster's credability. But if you say she can be trusted.

Edit - The fact that we have scans slipped my mind tongue.gif
Kale Mustang
I actually have mixed feelings about there being a 64th episode, only because part of me felt that they could've easily done everything in 63 and that 64 would feel like they're adding filler when there doesn't need to be.

I'll still watch of course, but at the same time, the major stuff will be mostly be shown in eps. 62 & 63. :/
amestris_star
^ Depends what 108 shall have in store... may mean that they can't summarise everything in one episode.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 7 2010, 09:29 AM) *
^ Depends what 108 shall have in store... may mean that they can't summarise everything in one episode.

That's true.

But again, it had better be like 90% of final battle and the other 10% for the 'epilogue' rather than 10% final battle and 90% 'epilogue'...
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 7 2010, 10:49 PM) *
I actually have mixed feelings about there being a 64th episode, only because part of me felt that they could've easily done everything in 63 and that 64 would feel like they're adding filler when there doesn't need to be.

I'll still watch of course, but at the same time, the major stuff will be mostly be shown in eps. 62 & 63. :/

nah . . The 64th episode news is some of the best news to have come up in recent times .
I'd love to have more fma . . So , as a fanboy , 'm extremely happy
and as an anime critic/watcher , i wanna see a better paced ending for this masterpiece of a series . . .
amestris_star
Like I told Kale earlier today, as long as they don't invent filler material in the final episode, it's fine with me, having an extra one I mean.
Broken Chouchou
They still have a lot of material to cover, there wouldn't be room for any fillers at this point me thinks.
Vlyse
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of dialogue in 108. I'm more worried about lines being cut.
Chiyo
CAREFUL about bringing up chapter 108 (that wasn't aimed at you Vlyse, but you made me think of it). At this point in time, do not bring up ANYTHING about chapter 108 that might be classed as a spoiler. Better keep it quiet full stop really.
FailToImpress
Wow, an extra episode. I'll be able to judge if this is a good idea after I've read 108.
zonkiethegreat
WHAT WHAT WHAT??? THERE WILL BE 64 EPS!!! AND ON JULY 4TH!!??? XD

blowup.gif

4th of July! SWEET!!! Hot dogs + Fireworks +FMA = GREATEST INDEPENDENCE DAY EVER
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Jun 7 2010, 02:23 PM) *
Wow, an extra episode. I'll be able to judge if this is a good idea after I've read 108.

I can't see why anyone would think it isn't a good idea.

Regardless of what 108 contains, I think it was always obvious that the finale would have a lot of dialogue and closure that required slow pacing and an episode fully to itself.

With 63 episodes it wasn't going to happen. There's no way in 3 more episodes they could get from the end of 104 to end of 108 without some heavy rushing of scenes.
Kasumisty
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/ Gangan ad will have 4 versions, which will be aired in weekly intervals.

EDIT: Um, figured that it should probably be posted somewhere else, but I'm not sure where.
Mr. Deathy
I was just reading 106 again and man I really hope 61 doesn't rush it to try and include all of the Ed and Pride fight.

I remember something on the director's blog about Kimblee being in the episode, making it sound like they do the whole fight. I really hope not, it'd suck hard if they sacraficed the pacing of the most awesome scenes in the series potentially. The summary makes it sound like pre-eyecatch the episode goes up to somewhere between page 41-48 or so of 105, giving them a lot to cover in the second half if they want to do Ed vs Pride too.

There is no single cooler scene visually in the manga than Ed invading Pride's philosopher's stone, Kimblee tipping his hat as he fades away, Pride's final scream escaping him before Ed crushes his container's head in his iron fist.

I hope the fact they censored Pride's eye being broken doesn't mean we wont see his shadow eye protruding like in the manga, mainly for the sake of this page.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/106/040/
Broken Chouchou
Wasn't sure if I should post here or in the future episodes thread, but episode 60 is up on youtube along with full preview (for those of you who can watch it): http://www.youtube.com/user/fmabrotherhood...u/0/CTH5iyBCOXc
Michiyo-
Totally forgot that episode 60 with the longer preview came out today.
Anyway, here are my usual screenshots:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2a5zm11.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/fyinv7.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2rmpdmp.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/1pdkk9.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/1z3cikx.jpg
deet-tastic
^ WHOO! Thanks so much! Greedo's hot-tub makes an entrance biggrin.gif
Vlyse
Hohenheim looks so evil in that second screenshot!
Kasumisty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlrHp93tZm4 teh preview
Mr. Deathy
So that's outright confirmation the ep will go a decent amount into chapter 106 then.

The reason the ep worries me is I feel like there's just so many parts that deserve slow pacing in the ep that it's hard to imagine pacing the fight scenes between them quickly enough to make time for it.

-Father should at least have a good 3-4 minutes dominating everyone before Hohenheim activates his circle, so that it doesn't seem like his plan is unwravelling too quickly.

-The dialogue during Wrath's death shouldn't be rushed through, you want a good few minutes reflecting on the fact this is the death of the ruler of the country that's played a major part in the series

-Scar's brothers circle would ideally not be happening in the same 10 minute period that Hohenheim's circle was activated so they're not too close together, so it's not a double dose for ownage for Father too quickly

-Ed and Pride's scenes...something that badass can't be rushed and not be spoiled

Inbetween absolutely all of this is non-stop fight and action scenes strewn with dialogue every so often too. Not to mention we haven't even seen the reveal of Father's body from the end of 104 yet.
deet-tastic
I just want Wrath to have a proper ending.

Is it just me, or did Irie forget he has a blog?
hawkflame
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 11 2010, 03:52 AM) *
I just want Wrath to have a proper ending.

Is it just me, or did Irie forget he has a blog?

Well if that means he's busting his butt on the final episodes instead of blogging, I'm all for it.
Kasumisty
http://www.hagaren.jp/news/index.html A final confirmation about Brotherhood having 64 episodes.
Broken Chouchou
With the final chapter in mind, I think they will be able to pull this off and make it good. I almost wish they would add some stuff, chapter 108 almost feels a little thin in some regards tongue.gif
deet-tastic
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32669164/
Updates about final-best
and dvd releases.
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 11 2010, 10:02 AM) *
http://www.hagaren.jp/news/index.html A final confirmation about Brotherhood having 64 episodes.

Thank you, Kasumisty! ^^

It says: (paraphrasing)

Posted June 11, 2010 on FMA:B official JP site:

The airing date for the series final episode is set!
The series' final episode, episode 64 will air in Japan on July 4, 2010!
Don't miss it!
FailToImpress
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Jun 7 2010, 11:16 PM) *
I can't see why anyone would think it isn't a good idea.

Regardless of what 108 contains, I think it was always obvious that the finale would have a lot of dialogue and closure that required slow pacing and an episode fully to itself.

With 63 episodes it wasn't going to happen. There's no way in 3 more episodes they could get from the end of 104 to end of 108 without some heavy rushing of scenes.

I didn't really mean it literally. I always thought that things would be rushed with 63 episodes, it was just that I wanted to judge for myself how I thought things might pan out after I'd read the final chapter.
Flamez_Freak
after watchin 61 . i've realised , that the last 2 episodes will be slowly paced.....with filler elements too..
Gimpyhair
QUOTE (Flamez_Freak @ Jun 13 2010, 06:56 AM) *
after watchin 61 . i've realised , that the last 2 episodes will be slowly paced.....with filler elements too..

I've been thinking about this too after seeing episode 61... Fillers elements are not always bad: I have in mind the last episode of Inuyasha Final act: some of their filler scenes were sweet smile.gif
Broken Chouchou
Personally I wouldn't mind if they did fill out the ending a bit, showing some of the things that the manga just hinted about.
Flamez_Freak
To be honest wit ya , i like filler stuff . All the filler stuff in brotherhood has been really nice .
Yoki scenes
extra material during action scenes
just a few examples . . smile.gif
Hagaren_4ever
Just curious for this weeks Funimation dub episode: Is Fullmetal Alchemist aloud to say "b*tch" in the U.S? Or is Riza gonna yell something much less powerful like a lame "Why you...!"? I hope not. I would be okay with her saying something like, "I'll kill you!" like they had Android 18 yell in DBZ (in a similar situation), but I would prefer they kept the original line.
A Pierrot's Aria
^Yeah, I think they are allowed to say b*tch. I remember in anime 1, when Ed was talking to Hoho in England, he called Dante and "evil b*tch". Then again, I'm not sure if they'll have to change it for TV release, but having said that it's on adult swim so I'd assume that swearing is a-okay! xD
Flamez_Freak
Well , going thru the episode 61 discussion thread , i noticed that mr. Deathy commented on the quality of the art in the next episode . And just to get my facts right , i went thru a few sites and found out the people who are working for the next episode . .
I've found out that tomokatsu nagasaku (aD for episode 1,26, 35 , 43 , 53 ) is working for the next episode . . Along wit other top notch AD'S . . And to top it all , yoshimichi kameda is also workin on a few scenes as well . . So i guess its safe to say that we have worthy people working for episode 62 smile.gif smile.gif
EDIT , THE GUY HAS ALSO BEEN THE ANIMATION DIRECTOR FOR EPISODE 60 . That should speak volumes about his credentials smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.