Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Vlyse
Thanks for the full preview, Kasumisty.

New music track is pretty good. Kinda looks like the whole preview is the first half of the episode.

Another plus is the animation seems to have gone up from the "travesty" that was episode 57.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ May 19 2010, 08:58 PM) *
I just did a fangirl squeeeeel at seeing Greed in his full-body sheild.

I didn't. I still dislike his colour. (Did that sound racist?)

Anyway, the music in the preview is totally different from anything we've heard so far ohmy.gif But I think I might like it.
deet-tastic
^ I squeeled because I've been anticipating this part for a long time.

THANK YOU KASUMISTY!

New music=like
Broken Chouchou
Well so have I, it's one of Greed's most awesome moments. And I feel it's made slightly unjustice by the weird colouring of his shield.
Looking forward to the episode nevertheless, though tongue.gif Obviously.
Bag of Magic Food
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 19 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Or...like with the earlier episodes, it could just be a slight goof when they made the episode for airing and they'll correct it once the dvds/bds go on sale.

Does this mean Kimblee will get his yellow eyes back?
fmaexpert
its going to be a really good drawn episode too(well, every episode is drawn good, but next episode mite have the best animation for fmab). can't wait for that episode. really loved that part in the manga but the way they did greed's full body kinda bothered me.... idk y. maybe the coloring....
Flamez_Freak
kasuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumistyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...thanks a million........
Forsaken Love
lol that new soundtrack reaaaally reminds me of something, I think it's a melody from a zelda game but I'm not sure... but I think it is similar to some game i played
deet-tastic
I'll have to give it another listen later to see if it reminds me of Zelda or not XP
Flamez_Freak
The music did sound . . . A bit different . . . But good . . I can't wait to hear it in the anime smile.gif
Hagaren_4ever
Okay, I just woke up and I have officially had more than one dream in which I am watching the dub of episode 15 and Ling sounds fantastic. This wait is driving me crazy. Not only am I questioning my sanity now, but I will also be highly dissapointed if I came up with a better voice in my head than what the Funimation voice is. *sigh* _-_
deet-tastic
lul, obsessed much? XD
I'd rather have that dream, mine last night was Ed, Al, and Yoda running around the Death Star. Don't ask.

I'm really worried about Lings VA. I have to convince myself that it will be absolutely horrible, so that when I hear it, I'm either
A: not surpirsed
B: Blown away by the amazingness

I'm hoping for B.
Vlyse
I had a worse dream. Episode 63 was like this horrible slideshow of all the good characters sitting around a campfire at night with May Chang dancing, like in ED3, on a log.

Anyone seen any updates on the director's blog/twitter lately? All I could tell was they have all done but the last episode now.

I really hope we get some more episode titles here soon.
deet-tastic
^ Most recent updates (i looked yesterday) have been about dubbing. He was talking about Pinako's voice actor a little bit. Which means they've dubbed at least 104.
And he doesn't talk much about Brotherhood on his twitter.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Vlyse @ May 22 2010, 03:13 AM) *
I had a worse dream. Episode 63 was like this horrible slideshow of all the good characters sitting around a campfire at night with May Chang dancing, like in ED3, on a log.

Anyone seen any updates on the director's blog/twitter lately? All I could tell was they have all done but the last episode now.

I really hope we get some more episode titles here soon.

thats exactly what i'm worried about . What if the final battles turn out to be partial slideshows . . . They'd suck . . . Huh sad.gif
Michiyo-
Title and short summary of ep. 61 from Amber1003's journal:
The episode 61 "The one who swallowed down God" (provisional subtitle)

Father declares he got God. Ed and other are surprised, but Hohenheim says "Reversal drama already is starting.". He has prepared an alchemy due to this time over the years.

And!
The episode 62 and 63 aren't announced not only summary but even title, and they are written "to be determined".
Maybe they are treated as "top secret".
Kasumisty
And!
The episode 62 and 63 aren't announced not only summary but even title, and they are written "to be determined".
Maybe they are treated as "top secret".

...What a letdown tongue.gif

But on the other hand, it's nice if they're not revealing it, because it would be spoilerish.

Now, FMA PSP game, do not dissapoint me.

So...the episode will be based on chapter 105 alone?
Michiyo-
The title suggests that episode 61 is going to cover chapter 105 and maybe part of 106. Then 62 can cover the other half of 106 and the whole 107, and then ep. 63 is left for 108. I think it can work.
And most likely they'll reveal the titles and summaries in the next Gangan. smile.gif
deet-tastic
Wow.. 61 is 105. I can't believe we are this far.
That's just 3 weeks away. It's so weird to think about..
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ May 22 2010, 10:45 AM) *
then ep. 63 is left for 108. I think it can work.

But really? To have the final, concluding chapter that ties everything up - and might be insanely long - covered in a 20-minute episode? I do hope it's a 40-minute special or something, but I don't know... could they get extended airing time in the schedual, just for something like this? Is FMA:B big enough in Japan for the distributing channel to make changes in their time slots?
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ May 22 2010, 02:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ May 22 2010, 10:45 AM) *
then ep. 63 is left for 108. I think it can work.

But really? To have the final, concluding chapter that ties everything up - and might be insanely long - covered in a 20-minute episode? I do hope it's a 40-minute special or something, but I don't know... could they get extended airing time in the schedual, just for something like this? Is FMA:B big enough in Japan for the distributing channel to make changes in their time slots?

big enuf????? well for now , its just behind naruto shippuden in television rating points...so yes ..(if naruto shippuden can get specials...even fma can)....its big enuf.......and im happy to see the episode title come out...great news.......cant wait for more news......)))))))
Broken Chouchou
Well I heard somewhere before that the ratings weren't that high, but granted, that was around the relatively early episodes of the series. Never heard anything more about it, guess it picked up since, understandably.

So what, an extended time slot in the programme, dedicated to the final episode, could be a possibility? Does that kind of stuff happen? I know they've been pulling double episodes of Lost and other shows over here at the season finales, but this is anime, and Japan. I don't know how it works over there. And also different television companies would have different policies I assume.
Flamez_Freak
the avg rating of this show is around 3.5..(the only time the ratings dipped badly for this show was wen we had that sports meet and fma had gone on a short hiatus.....remember....ep 21/22....)....which is actually more than the so called big shows like

code geass (both seasons)[avged less than 2 for both seasons]
death note[crossed 3.0 only for last episode]
durarara[avg is less than 2.0]
tengen toppa gurren lagann[avg less than 2.0]
k-on
bleach[avg 2.5-3.5]

and hour specials have more to do with the studio then the time slot....i dont think tbs has any problems with a 1 hour special.....it should actually be more happy , coz specials attract more audience...and this is fma we're talkin bout.....its the second most selling manga in japan right now....(behind one piece)...........
Kasumisty
From Amber1003's livejournal:

I found the hint why the titles of episode 62 and 63 are secret.
The number of episodes in final volume (vol.16) was decreased from 5 (from 59 to 63) to 4 (until 62) in DVD/BD info of the official website.
Usually the period of season is trimensual, but the start of airing the next program, "BASARA 2", is announced only "in July", that is, the clear date seems not to be mentioned.
Also, usually "end mark" is added next to the title in TV schedule in the newspaper or TV magazine when the program will end, but the end mark seems not to be added to Brotherhood's title of the last airing day of June.
But I don't know whether end mark is same in all TV magazines, so I clearly can't say anything, but it seems to be certain it's one of facts.

I don't know how to understand this...
A Pierrot's Aria
Maybe I'm seeing this in a ridiculously positive light, or just misunderstanding it completely...but could that possibly be suggesting that they may have a small extension on the amount of episodes?
Kasumisty
...oh.

It could be like that as well.

I thought the opposite - that they will decrease the number of episodes to 62, but when I think about it, it more sensible to increase it. They got the final chapter and decided that they won't make it.

Yeah.

...please, let it be like that.
A Pierrot's Aria
^Oh! LOL Maybe I am looking at it positively, then. I'm usually way off the mark when guessing things like this. I guess you could say that they may decrease the number with the erasing of the 63rd episode from the last volume, but when I read that their next show starts in July and not June, and the possible lack of an "ending mark" for Brotherhood in the TV mag...(And couple that with them struggling with the load of material they mentioned...) I thought that at that point it was suggesting an increase in episodes...

I'm probably completely wrong, though. x.x
Mr. Deathy
As much as I want there to be one more episode....this seems too weird.

The director had made it sound like everything was coming to an end for sure for the staff. That 63 was the definite final episode.

If there was a decision to extend the show...it must have been made like when...in the last 2 weeks?

That just seems too late in the game for it to really have happened.

Obviously if it is an increase though it wouldn't make sense for it to be more than one episode, since I assume 62 goes through most of 107 if not all of it...but would the final DVD volume really only contain 2 episodes? (63 and 64)
Broken Chouchou
I read that as a movie/special episode ending. Might have been just me though, but that's the impression I got. So, that way, if it were to be the case, they're still sticking to the their 63 episode count, meaning they would've been planning this for a while now, rather than making a last minute decision. Which, would make more sense.

I could be all kinds of wrong, though.
A Pierrot's Aria
@Mr Deathy You're probably right...maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part...that they'll add an extra 2 or 3 episodes LOL
Like I said, I'm most likely wrong...but that is honestly my first impression of Amber's journal entry.

If it is a decrease in an episode I'll be a sad panda. xD Perhaps if they did increase the episodes by even 1 or 2 I'm sure they'll be able to stretch the last chapter between what could possibly be the end of the fight and then the epilogue?

And I like Broken ChouChou's idea. xD

I guess we'll have to wait until we hear something more definitive, though.
Kasumisty
Maybe it would be something like double, or 1-hour-long episode (or longer). It does seem plausible for them to make another DVD, in my opinion. (for example, packed with extras more than before)

Well, the best thing to do now is to wait for more official announcement.

I'm still observing Irie's blog and Twitter.
deet-tastic
I read it as as this;
They removed episode 63 from the final DVD, because 63 will be a longer episode, and wouldn't have fit on the DVD. They are adding one more volume, so instead of 16. It will be 17. On the 17th volume will be just the final episode and most likely bonus materials.

I guess those can be read as two different situations as well. But that's how I see it.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ May 24 2010, 10:31 AM) *
I read it as as this;
They removed episode 63 from the final DVD, because 63 will be a longer episode, and wouldn't have fit on the DVD. They are adding one more volume, so instead of 16. It will be 17. On the 17th volume will be just the final episode and most likely bonus materials.
I guess those can be read as two different situations as well. But that's how I see it.

How I interpreted it, only I failed in explaining it XD
Michiyo-
I have the same theory as deet-tastic, that maybe ep. 63 will be an hour long episode, that's why they couldn't fit it in the last DVD. I just hope it'll come true. Now let's wait for an official announcement. smile.gif
EDIT: I just checked the official site, they removed ep. 63 from the 16th DVD/BD:
鋼の錬金術師 FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST 16 2010.11.24 発売

【収録話数】(BD&DVD共通)
第59話「失われた光」
第60話
第61話
第62話

●特典映像
・第4期&第5期のOP/EDのノンクレジット映像を収録
・荒川弘 描き下ろし4コマ劇場(毎巻収録)

初回生産限定版特典(DVD/BD共通)
・EYE CATCH CARD
 ※本編アイキャッチに登場したキャラクターのイラストカード
・ALCHEMIST'S LOG
 ※「鋼の錬金術師 FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST」の魅力を多面的に解き明かす約16P特製ブックレット

ジャケット仕様(BD&DVD共通)
・キャラクターデザイン・菅野宏紀による描き下ろしジャケット
deet-tastic
When you think about it, and compare what Flamez_freak posted about fma being highly viewed/rated. It would make a heck of a lot of sense to give it an hour finale. And it most definentaly would bring in viewers. It'd be a win/win on everyones part.
The tv ratings=win
channel sponsers get money=win
animators working longer, getting paid to do it=win
Happy fans=win
win/win all over the place.

EDIT:
Good, now we know for sure they're up to something. And I'm viewing it in a postive light.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ May 24 2010, 01:21 PM) *
I read that as a movie/special episode ending. Might have been just me though, but that's the impression I got. So, that way, if it were to be the case, they're still sticking to the their 63 episode count, meaning they would've been planning this for a while now, rather than making a last minute decision. Which, would make more sense.

I could be all kinds of wrong, though.

this , and i've always wanted a movie ending too . . When all this cramming thing came up , all i wanted was a movie adaptation . . Or an hour special . . . This is actually , great news . . . Ha ha . This is somethin like how shamballa turned out , in real sense , although shamballa was a feature film , it was also titled episode 52 . . . . . It makes sense smile.gif bones , you beauty . . Don't let us down . Pleaaaaaase wink.gif
rzerox21xx

interesting news

http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32288989/
A Pierrot's Aria
^That's what we've been discussing for the last page or so. wink.gif

Although, looking at her entry it's nice to know that someone thought the same as me. (Although we're most likely going to be sitting in our wrongness being wrong. xD) But I like the theory of an extra long episode- I've never really heard CoS being called episode 52 before, but I'm really excited to find out what the plans are.
hawkflame
Very interesting news! I too am hopeful that this all means that 63 is going to be an extended episode, though I don't want to get my hopes up -too- much...

And still, even if they do make 63 an hour long episode, that still leaves very little breathing room. Packing these last 8 chapters into the equivalent of six more episodes is still going to be a rather tight fit, especially if the rumors regarding the length of chapter 108 are true.
Mr. Deathy
What I'm wondering now is if 63 is an hour long special/double episode or whatever, will they be selling it on its own? Like will they have the rest of the series in 4 episode volumes, then the final episode sold stand alone?
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ May 24 2010, 08:14 PM) *
^That's what we've been discussing for the last page or so. wink.gif

Although, looking at her entry it's nice to know that someone thought the same as me. (Although we're most likely going to be sitting in our wrongness being wrong. xD) But I like the theory of an extra long episode- I've never really heard CoS being called episode 52 before, but I'm really excited to find out what the plans are.

i've heard people callin cos the 52nd episode . . And in real sense , its true . . .

Well yeah , cramming is gonna be difficult . . But from the previous post (from irie's blog) , i really get an impression that everythin is under control . . .
Hagaren_4ever
When I heard it was going to be 63 episodes, I was hoping that it would be 63 episodes of the series, and then the final chapter would be a movie or something. Oh well, guess I was wrong.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 24 2010, 04:02 PM) *
What I'm wondering now is if 63 is an hour long special/double episode or whatever, will they be selling it on its own? Like will they have the rest of the series in 4 episode volumes, then the final episode sold stand alone?

Well, that's what I'm thinking, anyway. If it isn't included in vol. 16, what other possibilites are there?
Vlyse
It always seemed weird to me the OPs past OP1 were 12 episodes long, but OP5 suddenly was 13 episodes. Usually the last OP lasts even less than any other OP. Not sure if that means anything, though.
FailToImpress
^Thanks for the screenshots, the video doesn't work in my country. sad.gif
Kasumisty
And I'm downloading and extracting it right now~

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=3B5M4A3S
Flamez_Freak
Can't believe we've reached this far already . . The preview was creepy . . And thanks kasumisty
Vlyse
Thanks for the screenshot and megavideo upload.

I have a feeling that the shot at 0:13 is the bottom panel here. If so, I might be a little disappointed.
deet-tastic
No, I don't think it's that panel. (If it is, i'll cry. That is my all time favorite panel from this manga, Wrath walking towards them like that. It's pretty much my favorite panel from any manga.) To me it looked like they pinned Mustang to the wall. But then again, we see Prides circle forming on the ground. So I'm not sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.