Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Kasumisty
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/32055776/ summaries up to the 60 episode.
Bag of Magic Food
Oh, Panini... I've got to wait for the 2-weeks-delayed upload to YouTube, or 1 more day to see it on Funimation.
Broken Chouchou
Awesome, subtitles in MY language! Now I have to watch this AGAIN. For the 4th time XD Never seen an episode subbed in my own language before. Haha, thanks.
SneakyRuler
Good thing the whole preview didn't make it! There were tentacle shadowy hands screaming Gate! to everyone with eyes on laugh.gif The art looks amazing, though. Thanks, Michiyo, now looking forward to next episode even more.
mersaydee
Is it sad that when I saw this screencap (thanks for the HD versions, btw, it's appreciated!):

http://i41.tinypic.com/20fqdet.jpg

the first thing I thought was, "LOOKIN' KINDA COOL"?
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (mersaydee @ May 12 2010, 12:17 PM) *
Is it sad that when I saw this screencap (thanks for the HD versions, btw, it's appreciated!):

http://i41.tinypic.com/20fqdet.jpg

the first thing I thought was, "LOOKIN' KINDA COOL"?

I was thinking this to be honest:

deet-tastic
^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
That's exactly what I thought!!

Wow!

Okay so I can't watch the preview sad.gif
But I'm very gratefull for the screenshots.
I have a question for those who can watch it, when it shows the mini philosophers stone transmutation circle lighting up.. it almost looks like it's Lab 5. But then another picture shows Roy. So I'm confused here.
Mr. Deathy
Interesting they show Goldtooth with his crazy eyes before his shiney glasses look.

I think that decision was made so anime-only people see him and think "who the hell is that old guy" and then he tilts his head up and smiles and then they're like "Oooh...that guy from the Bradley flashback"

Well anyone with a good enough memory for that.

I wish they'd made his hair grey though. He's clearly in his late 70's or early 80's or something. He looked like he was in his late 30's or early 40's in the Bradley flashback and that was 40 years ago.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 12 2010, 03:18 PM) *
I wish they'd made his hair grey though. He's clearly in his late 70's or early 80's or something. He looked like he was in his late 30's or early 40's in the Bradley flashback and that was 40 years ago.

Maybe he dyes it?
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 12 2010, 04:30 PM) *

Maybe he dyes it?

I guess that's a reasonable enough excuse!

One thing that I wont excuse though, they forgot he has a tooth missing on the right, I hope they remember because clearly such fine details are essential to the plot. cool.gif
Vlyse
In Episode 26, he isn't missing a tooth. In Episode 35, he is missing a tooth. Now in Episode 57, he got that tooth back.

Hmm.

On another note, pacing is what I expected according to episode summaries, though I'm not sure where they'll end 58. Sounds like right before Team May Chang shows up. huh.gif Also surprised to see 60 cover 2 chapters. Maybe they'll do the same in 61! tongue.gif
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Vlyse @ May 13 2010, 05:14 AM) *
In Episode 26, he isn't missing a tooth. In Episode 35, he is missing a tooth. Now in Episode 57, he got that tooth back.

this shows , that the guy visits his nearby dentist.....ahahahahahha....not that i mind...im a dentist myself....
well....just to put someone's idea forward....deet tastic thinks that the next episode is gonna end at the point where the human sacrifices are sucked in......makes sense.........SORRY DEET.......just puttin ur thoughts forward.....hope u dont mind))))))))))
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Vlyse @ May 12 2010, 04:44 PM) *
On another note, pacing is what I expected according to episode summaries, though I'm not sure where they'll end 58. Sounds like right before Team May Chang shows up. huh.gif Also surprised to see 60 cover 2 chapters. Maybe they'll do the same in 61! tongue.gif

I conceed that 1 and a third or so chapters is possible for 61, but 2 chapters ISNT

Remember that 2 homunculus are beaten in those 2 chapters (105, 106), they're not going to rush both their final scenes and cram them into one episode. Also they'll need most of the first half of episode 61 for just the first 40 or so pages of chapter 105, there's so much in it that's important.

They've already mentioned wanting to take special care in episode 61 on one of the blogs anyway as it features the last scenes of an important character (Wrath).

Anyway I was just looking at all the preview scenes for next week (well, the pics and the original preview, because I can't watch the new one as I'm outside the US).

I'm really glad to see that for next week's ep, almost all the scenes relating to Bradley and Fu are absolutely bang on perfect with the manga panels. The fact is, although I appreciate when they add their own "twist" to things, that scene in the manga is completely and utterly perfect and I can't imagine it being changed in any way without spoiling it.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 12 2010, 03:34 PM) *

Maybe he dyes it?

One thing that I wont excuse though, they forgot he has a tooth missing on the right, I hope they remember because clearly such fine details are essential to the plot. cool.gif

Probably transmuted a tooth and screwed it in before the meeting. Has to looks his absolute best before getting turned into a mutant beach ball... cool.gif
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 13 2010, 05:38 AM) *
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 12 2010, 03:34 PM) *

Maybe he dyes it?

Probably transmuted a tooth and screwed it in before the meeting. Has to looks his absolute best before getting turned into a mutant beach ball... cool.gif

u mean dental implant.......but i cant stop laughin at ur post....poor ol gold tooth...hi5s........
LooneyLolita
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 12 2010, 02:08 PM) *
I was thinking this to be honest:

HAHAHAHA!!! Same here!! XD

Beep. The preview looks fantastic! Can't wait!!!!
Vlyse
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 12 2010, 05:56 PM) *
I conceed that 1 and a third or so chapters is possible for 61, but 2 chapters ISNT

Yeah I was just joking but I hope they can at least manage a third of 106 like you said!

Anyway, I just managed to see the full preview of 57 on Funimation's subs and despite being reaaally spoilerific, it looks intense. Especially the Bradley/Fu part. The camera is extremely shaky when it switches to Fu's face of what I assume him to be saying his "You're coming to hell with me, Bradley!"
Flamez_Freak
maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn....i cant view the extended preview at all......cmon......(((((

can anyone plz post a link to the video.......plzzz
Kasumisty
I can download the episode and then cut it out, but it will take some time.

EDIT: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=T16LL3C8 here
deet-tastic
All praise Kasumisty smile.gif

Thank you so much for puting that up!

As FMA_milan_freak said, I think this episode (57) will end with everyone getting sucked down through the floor.. eyeballs.
Flamez_Freak
All hail kasumisty smile.gif all hail kasumisty smile.gif
thanks a million for the video , kasumisty smile.gif
Kasumisty
http://www5.diary.ne.jp/user/538725/ there are two new entries related to the last episodes of FMA:B.
Flamez_Freak
dont understand much wen i tried using google translator.......waiting for decent translations)))
Vlyse
I see a combination of "Ed, Selim, 61". Well, Mr. Deathy, that's quite the crazy pacing! tongue.gif
Mr. Deathy
I see a combination of "Ed, Selim, 61". Well, Mr. Deathy, that's quite the crazy pacing! tongue.gif

Well you're not kidding that it is CRAZY, because I don't see how this can possibly work and not be terrible!

We already know 60 is at least covering part of 104. I would seriously hope it doesn't also cover a good deal of 105 though because it'll be crap if Father gets all the country's souls AND they get sent back in the same episode.

So the alternative scenario is that 61 does indeed cover 105 and over half of 106...but think about how horrible that would be. :/

It'd mean the end of Wrath and Pride in the same ep and it would mean both of their last scenes would have to be rushed to cram them into the episode along with everything else. That sounds like a really bad scenario, I really don't want that. So many of the scenes in 105 too call for dramatic emphasis and not rushing through.

I liked the idea I came up with before so that 61 goes up to like the early 20's of 106, 62 goes from there until the end of 107...but eh...I don't like the sound of this.

EDIT: Okay, new idea of where I'd like the ep to end. When Kimblee appears within Pride. I bet it'll go the whole way though.
Vlyse
Well seeing as how they're no stranger to meh cliffhangers (ep 52,53 I'm looking at you) my guesses for 60 and 61's cliffhangers are:

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/105/13/

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/106/050/

I'm not sure it's as big a deal Pride gets it in the same episode with Wrath. He's still that little "baby". And this way, Father's plan isn't defeated in the same episode.

However way they do it though, it will indeed be crazy. I wish some of the episodes of the 50's were rushed instead..
Flamez_Freak
What the hell , crazy pacing . Seriously crazy . .

sorry for the short post earlier...but i just didnt know wat to say. bones is murdering the intensity of the end . i didnt expect this. its such a bummer. plzzzz bones , dont screw up.

but deep in my mind , i have a feeling that we are gonna get 3 one hour specials for this show...(61,62,63)....

and vlyse..i approve ur cliffhanger for ep60...but 61...nah......wont be good enuf....
deet-tastic
I was just going to say that.

I think the number one thing that is bothering me right now is episode 27. I love the episode, but it was pointless. That's one more episode that could have been used, especially right here in this whole finale mess. I know 100% without a doubt that my mind would be more relaxed if I knew we had "64" episodes. One more episode than what he have now. If they hadn't of made 27. This wouldn't be a problem.
Broken Chouchou
I would really like to see the blog entries translated. Doesn't anyone here speak Japanese? Tombow, where are you? XD
Flamez_Freak
deet can...she's the one who has been translating the stuff lately........SHE ROCKSSSSSSS
deet-tastic
^ Haha, thanks. But I use my crappy 20% understanding of the language and bing translator + google translator.
Flamez_Freak
Nooooooooooooooo . . And here i thought i knew someone who could read , write and understand japanese sad.gif sad.gif
ha ha ha . . . . Well , then i guess we have no other choice besides waiting for tombow . . smile.gif
Chiyo
Tombow leads a very busy life and doesn't have the most reliable of internet connections. Please be patient until someone is around to translate for us.
Vlyse
Has anyone else noticed that every episode with a 7 has had noticeably lacking quality? Well, 27 wasn't, but it was stock footage mostly. Clearly 7 is not a lucky number..

Just a thought. smile.gif
Flamez_Freak
Nice observation vlyse . . Seriously . . 7 , 17 , 27 , 37 , 47 , 57 . . Have been visually flawed episodes . Thank heavens we don't have a 67 smile.gif
Tian Ai
From what I can understand:

2010/05/13 (Thurs)

Before ep. 61's dubbing was Pinako's scene without recording.
There are less entry scenes, so ep. 60 and ep. 61 will be recorded together.
Ep. 61 has each character's peak moment.
The drama shines brilliantly from beginning to end.
When the recording finished, Shibata's smile was priceless.

Hohenheim and Father's exchange are extremely powerful.
Ed, Selim, and xxxxx's scene,
and also Scar's scene, are overflowing [with awesomeness].
I'm looking forward to this.

I went to ep. 59's dubbing during lunch, too.
I felt the beauty of Ando's continuation of the confrontation.
The music and effect was nicely done.
There wasn't ridiculous flashiness, but it became an interesting and impressive story.

I'll look at the other ones later >.<

----
2010/05/14 (Fri) Continued
Last night I got back from the recording, and did a rush check of the continuation work.
Anyways, the continuation of ep 63 has finished.
I got back in the morning and woke up around lunchtime.
Rest days are becoming less and less.

Doesn't actually say much about the series, does it ph34r.gif
deet-tastic
I'm guessing 61 will be a good chunk of 105 and what looks like the beginning of 106?
Good to know that VA's are having fun.
Vlyse
^ It'll be well into 106, at least. Episode 61 is to cover up to the Ed, Selim, Kimblee stuff. Should be some interesting pacing.

As for the last two episodes (56 and 57), I've noticed the Denny/Ross reunion hasn't happened yet. Any idea why this might be? Maybe they're going to move it forward and merge it with the bit at the beginning of Chapter 103?

My best guess was it'd be in next episode, 58. Since going by episode summaries, seems to almost be done with Chapter 100 by the halfway point and episode 59 will be Ch 101+. That means there'll be room for it in episode 58.
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Vlyse @ May 18 2010, 11:33 PM) *
^ It'll be well into 106, at least. Episode 61 is to cover up to the Ed, Selim, Kimblee stuff. Should be some interesting pacing.

As for the last two episodes (56 and 57), I've noticed the Denny/Ross reunion hasn't happened yet. Any idea why this might be? Maybe they're going to move it forward and merge it with the bit at the beginning of Chapter 103?

My best guess was it'd be in next episode, 58. Since going by episode summaries, seems to almost be done with Chapter 100 by the halfway point and episode 59 will be Ch 101+. That means there'll be room for it in episode 58.

Note that when Denny heard Ross on the radio in Brotherhood, he smiled with tears in his eyes, showing that he knew who it was and that she was still alive.

This didn't happen in the manga, he just looked surprised as he heard the voice.

Part of me thinks that they've kind of wrote the reunion out for some reason by having him acknowledge it when he heard her on the radio.

If they do include it now I think it'll probably be changed in some way.
Flamez_Freak
Looks like bones has things , pretty much under control . . . Now thats what i call , an awesome studio . . .
Vlyse
Oh I remember. That makes sense now why we haven't seen it yet. Though I don't understand why they'd stray from being faithful to the manga and cut/change stuff now and instead pad the episodes with filler.
Kasumisty
The new music piece is so different from the most of this OST.

If anyone wants, I may reupload the preview somewhere later.
Flamez_Freak
Please help me kasu. . . I wanna watch the preview . . .
What is up with panini . . How cruel can these people get . . . sad.gif
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ May 19 2010, 09:22 AM) *
The new music piece is so different from the most of this OST.

If anyone wants, I may reupload the preview somewhere later.

That would be very cool.

Also I see since it's the same in next episode too, they really have decided not to have Goldtooth's missing tooth on the right.

I wonder why decisions like that are even made. I bet just to make animation easier.
Bag of Magic Food
I suspect it's some kind of intellectual property loophole that allows the company to make more money off licensing by introducing a minute difference in each character's design. ...Maybe?
deet-tastic
I just did a fangirl squeeeeel at seeing Greed in his full-body sheild. (lul, or should I say Ling)
*dies of happy*
Kasumisty
Long preview:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=I7XQZU2Y
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ May 19 2010, 11:50 AM) *
I suspect it's some kind of intellectual property loophole that allows the company to make more money off licensing by introducing a minute difference in each character's design. ...Maybe?

Or...like with the earlier episodes, it could just be a slight goof when they made the episode for airing and they'll correct it once the dvds/bds go on sale.

I wouldn't read too much into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.