Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
deet-tastic
From what I can tell it's about the last chapter making them laugh and cry?
O_o

I'll wait too.
Kasumisty
Such ending is more than awwright for me.
LooneyLolita
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ May 5 2010, 09:13 PM) *
From what I can tell it's about the last chapter making them laugh and cry?
O_o

I'll wait too.

I really hope then it's happy tears D: !!!
If that translation is 100 % sure, then the manga gonna end with chapter 108!!
Michiyo-
Sounds very interesting. So they have the storyboard for the last chapter, and it's gonna be awesome.

And it confirms that they'll use the same ending in the anime. happy.gif

EDIT: Translation by csakuras from here:
"We've received Hagane's original manga up to the final chapter in storyboard form, and using that as the source, we are making the scripts and storyboards. Arakawa-san has a powerful way of working. We're stupified by the amount of material in the final chapter. Whether crying or laughing, there's only two months left."
FailToImpress
Oh good. biggrin.gif I knew they'd use the manga for the ending, they had to.
Not so good that now we know it's definitely ending very soon, that makes me very sad and I still can't get my head around it!
Gimpyhair
"there's only two months left" Can we interpret this as "there's only 2 chapters left" or he is only talking about the anime?
Michiyo-
I think both. The anime will end on June 27, and the ending will be the same as in the manga, so the manga has to end in June too. So 2 chapters left.

EDIT: According to duckroll's post here, the title of ep. 60 is "Eye of Heaven, Gate of Earth". It obviously refers to chapter 104. smile.gif

EDIT 2: The title is up at Wikipedia as well:
"Heaven's Eye, Earth's Door"
"Ten no Hitomi, Chi no Tobira" (天の瞳、地の扉)
SneakyRuler
Thank you, Michiyo, thank you very much! Now I can rest assured Brotherhood will folow manga to the very end. Eye of Heaven, Gate of Earth? Sounds very poetical. Can't wait.
Flamez_Freak
Big but expected/predictable news . . . . So now we know that we are gonna have a crammed up ending . . . Can't wait to see how it all shapes up . . . But the direction is a worry . . Irie at best is mediocre when compared to bigger directors like seiji mizushima and co . . .
Mr. Deathy
It is comforting that at least there'll be no alternative ending, but now we know for sure they have storyboards of the ending, it makes all of the comments in recent months all the more meaningful.

Ending "beyond all expectation", "stupified" by the amount of content. They're clearly struggling their arse off to figure out ways to cram it in, which makes it a damn shame they don't have another full episode to leave the ending of FMA untarnished.

The thing is, there's something that people probably haven't realised. The last chapter isn't just likely to be huge...but also PACKED with dialogue! They get away with long chapters when they're action oriented...but a 60 page chapter filled with dialogue could feasibly take up 2 whole episodes!
Kasumisty
It's good to know that. I HOPE they'll manage.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 6 2010, 07:17 PM) *
It is comforting that at least there'll be no alternative ending, but now we know for sure they have storyboards of the ending, it makes all of the comments in recent months all the more meaningful.

Ending "beyond all expectation", "stupified" by the amount of content. They're clearly struggling their arse off to figure out ways to cram it in, which makes it a damn shame they don't have another full episode to leave the ending of FMA untarnished.

The thing is, there's something that people probably haven't realised. The last chapter isn't just likely to be huge...but also PACKED with dialogue! They get away with long chapters when they're action oriented...but a 60 page chapter filled with dialogue could feasibly take up 2 whole episodes!

what if 107 turns out to be the last chapter . . . . . That would work out . .
And this crammed up thing is logically impossible without screwing up . . . I hope we don't get another episode 30 here (ishbal butchering) here . .
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank goodness all this nonsense about an alternate ending has been put to rest. To be honest I was getting fed up of people worrying over it so much.
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ May 6 2010, 08:20 AM) *
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 6 2010, 07:17 PM) *

what if 107 turns out to be the last chapter . . . . . That would work out . .
And this crammed up thing is logically impossible without screwing up . . . I hope we don't get another episode 30 here (ishbal butchering) here . .

107 would, but for everyone that knows where 106 left off....they also know 107 can't physically be the last chapter. Far, far too much still to be done.
penguintruth
So one more chapter for the fight against Father and a last chapter epilogue? If that's the case, good enough for me.
RoytheFlameAlchemist
Well, its good to have a confirmation finally, now well just have to wait to see what happens.
deet-tastic
It will be the shortest/longest two months. That's for sure.
Mr. Deathy
You know after today's news and seeing the 107 spoiler pics, i really don't envy the anime team's job just now.

I can barely understand how episodes 61, 62 and 63 will be able to cover chapters 105, 106 and 107, nevermind any of the 150 page beast of a final chapter we've still to get in June.

They can't rush 105, there's no way to pace it quickly without ruining the dramatic effect of the events in it completely, so the very furthest episode 61 can go it to like, early in chapter 106.

Then there's chapter 106, another biggy. A lot of pages dedicated to fight scenes yeah, but how quickly can they do it still? Can they get past the end of 106 and well into 107 by the end of episode 62?

63 is the last episode. To be any kind of conclusion, it needs to not only have the rest of 107, but enough of 108 to at least be considered an ending.

I do not envy them at all for having to do this!
deet-tastic
I am now very worried about Brotherhood.
The last episode will have to be like an hour and a half long special. It just.. just has to be. The last chapter alone is 150 freaking pages. How.. it just has to be.
Or like, the last 2 episodes be each an hour long.

24 minutes will NOT cut it.
Flamez_Freak
. . . I've been worried sick about this for more than a month now . . How is brotherhood gonna manage . Its not gonna happen . . . Just can't . . I mean , no matter how many action scenes we have , they just can't do it . . Arakawa is no kubo (who takes up one full page for one expression) . . . Arakawa is a master . . She utilizes the pages really well . . And bones is in big trouble . . The only thing that can save bones from getting stoned is
having 3 one hour specials . . 61,62,63 . . All being an hour special episodes . . Cmon people . This is somethin to worry about . . . Bask in the glory of chapter 107 as long as you can , but seriously . . Brotherhood is in trouble .
Irie is a mediocre director , seriously . . He is no mizushima . . .
I don't think the anime fans can handle another butchering . . No way jose . . I certainly can not . Keeping my fingers crossed , i hope we get some info about the future episodes from irie's blog or his twitter account . . Can't wait .
deet-tastic
Don't you worry, this isn't taking away from 107's glory for me smile.gif
The manga will always be better than the anime.
I'm just worried how Brotherhood will do this.
Mr. Deathy
What I'm hoping for honestly is a snipped ending now, I think it's the best thing I can hope for because I'd bet good money that hour long specials wont happen.

What I mean by snipped is...I hope it just ends without much epilogue, but WITHOUT rushing the final scenes.

Like, I'd rather there was minimum epilogue in the last episode than trying to cram tons of it in AND rushing the conclusion of the final battle.

I think if the anime has a more basic ending, then people can at least be directed to read the final manga chapter if they want more details on what happened to everyone.

There is also the slight chance that expanded epilogue could be covered in a final OVA in the last boxset they release...but I wonder if they'd do that still.
Flamez_Freak
To be honest wit ya , the wait to find out how bones is gonna handle this epicness in less than 5 episodes , is as exciting as the wait for a new manga chapter . . At least , you can predict whats gonna happen in the next manga chapter . . . But how bones is gonna work wit this much content , is unpredictable . . That director was complaining about how badly he was struggling with so much content smile.gif smile.gif
Broken Chouchou
The last chapter will be 150 pages? Where did this information come from? What did I miss?
Flamez_Freak
It was mentioned on amber's deviant art journal . . . Check it out . . I guess its on manga discussions . . (chapter 107)
Vlyse
It was also said Chapter 107 was 80 pages long, but that remains to be seen.

So while Chapter 108 may be long(er), I doubt it will be as much as 150 pages.
amestris_star
Well, I'm still not totally convinced that we have all the pages as yet.

But we shall see smile.gif
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Vlyse @ May 9 2010, 04:18 AM) *
It was also said Chapter 107 was 80 pages long, but that remains to be seen.

don't think thats gonna happen . . . Maybe around 68-70 . . . . But 80 is a tad too far smile.gif smile.gif
zonkiethegreat
I did the math already, The last episode will definitely be either numbers 61 or 62. I'm betting episode 61 (which is exactly 10 episodes more then the last series). The number 10 is interesting since it is 2010, but that might just be a coincidence or I read too much into things! So mid to late June will be the end my friends! sad.gif
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ May 9 2010, 09:16 AM) *
I did the math already, The last episode will definitely be either numbers 61 or 62. I'm betting episode 61 (which is exactly 10 episodes more then the last series). The number 10 is interesting since it is 2010, but that might just be a coincidence or I read too much into things! So mid to late June will be the end my friends! sad.gif

i don't get it . . I mean . . Isn't 63 already the confirmed number of episodes . . .
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ May 8 2010, 07:46 PM) *

Have you read...any of this thread at all?

63 episodes has been confirmed for ages
. Everyone that pays any attention knows it's ending in the last week of June. We've been reading Director's blogs about the series for a ton of time, there's been no need for speculation on episode count for like half a year.
Flamez_Freak
Don't go so hard on him Mr deathy . . . Anyone can miss somethin like that . . . He just came up wit a logic of his own . . Interesting one at that smile.gif
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 9 2010, 03:22 PM) *
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ May 8 2010, 07:46 PM) *

Have you read...any of this thread at all?

63 episodes has been confirmed for ages
. Everyone that pays any attention knows it's ending in the last week of June. We've been reading Director's blogs about the series for a ton of time, there's been no need for speculation on episode count for like half a year.

Oh geez, will you relax??? Sorry, I don't have the time to sift through the director's blog, and 100's of thread posts. I just came up with the number using basic math, and it turned out being pretty close to the 63 number mark anyways.

Which is good news to me anyways! The longer the better!

Thanks @fma_milan_freak for being considerate.

And by the way guys, I'm a "her" not a "him" ! biggrin.gif It's ok though, my username is pretty ambiguous!
Bag of Magic Food
If zonkiethegreat thinks it can be finished in 61 episodes, then 63 should be more than enough! Right?
Flamez_Freak
Cmon . . Give the girl a break please . I'm sorry about that zonkie . . Forgive me . . .
Well . . . Is there any way in which we can have episode 63 covering chapter 108 . . And everythin else getting covered before that . .
Vlyse
I was thinking...

Ep 61 - Ch 105 and half of 106
Ep 62 - other half of 106 and 107
Ep 63 - 108

But that's very wishful thinking considering they want to add filler to stuff like Ross/Fuery's conversation and the Central troops in episode 56.

..speaking of episode 56, I was right, we got in another Ed-less episode!
Flamez_Freak
Vlyse , your theory might just work out . . . . I mean , the epilogue thing does not bug me . . They can use the ending sequences to stretch the final pages of the manga . . . . Happens in many anime . . (fma 1 too) . . . And bones can cut the opening sequence for the last episode too . . . (like they did for eureka 7 ) . . .
Things appear bleak , but it can be done .
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Vlyse @ May 9 2010, 03:34 PM) *
I was thinking...

Ep 61 - Ch 105 and half of 106
Ep 62 - other half of 106 and 107
Ep 63 - 108

But that's very wishful thinking considering they want to add filler to stuff like Ross/Fuery's conversation and the Central troops in episode 56.

..speaking of episode 56, I was right, we got in another Ed-less episode!

See, numerically that works, but how about some logic here.

Think about everything in chapter 105. To fit in half of 106, most of 105 is going to have to be in the first half of the episode and a bit of the second...

Do you really think they can have Father owning the good guys, Hohenheim reversing his plan and everyone being saved, Scar vs Wrath and Wrath's death...all in the first half of the episode...without the undoing of Father's plan feeling incredibly rushed?

For them to get far through 106, most of that would need to be in the first half, then Scar activating the counter circle in the second, then tons of the combat from 106...up until where...Ed being matched up against Pride?

I don't think it can feasibly work. Also, half of 106 and then ALL of 107 in one episode? No way!

QUOTE (fma_milan_freak)
Don't go so hard on him Mr deathy . . . Anyone can miss somethin like that . . . He just came up wit a logic of his own . . Interesting one at that smile.gif

You know the only reason it bothers me? It happens endlessly on every forum, someone posts something in a topic without reading any of it and if they'd read (or briefly looked over) like just one of the last few pages of the topic (to see if they were posting something new or not) then they'd know they weren't posting something new.

Also it was mainly because despite not reading anything, zonkiethegreat was acting like he was announcing a startling revelation that they assumed we weren't aware of.

Yes it was a bit harsh but I feel like people are too lazy nowadays. It's like on other forums where I make long posts, no one reads them because they're too lazy and just want to skim read a one sentence post.
deet-tastic
I've been thinking they will cut the opening and change the ending animation for the last episode.
Mr. Deathy
^Changing the ending animation is a given, but I've wondered about cutting the opening....is it really that simple?

Is it even possible for them to completely get rid of an opening, or do they have a contractucal obligation to play the current opening song and show the opening credits in an episode?

It could be that they're obliged to do it and can't get rid of it, in which case I think the alternative is to play the opening song and have the credits rolling over scenes in the episode, which would mean text in the way of the action of climatic scenes, which is a bit annoying.

Changing both the op and ed would give them an extra precious 3 minutes of animation time though, so it'd be good if possible.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ May 10 2010, 10:27 PM) *
I've been thinking they will cut the opening and change the ending animation for the last episode.

hey . . That was my idea . . . Ha ha ha ha smile.gif snatches it away from you smile.gif smile.gif

i understand mr deathy . . I've had a problem too , i post long messages , and people don't bother to read em . Well it doesn't matter . . Someone will surely respect my opinion one day . . .
And i have to agree wit you . . . Numerically , vlyse's theory might work out . . . But practically , it will lead to a hugely rushed ending . . . Man , i will be the happiest man on the planet if we get news stating a few one hour specials for this show . . Ha ha
deet-tastic
We just need that news as soon as possible sad.gif

EDIT
Tweet about 63!
帰る~。63話はまあ常識的な範囲にカット数も収まったかな。まだ清書と尺入れがあるけどね。それが終わっても納品までは仕事山盛りだね。頑張ろう~。
Flamez_Freak
Can ya translate it deet . . . . I can't wait . . What does it say . . .
Mr. Deathy
Sounds like it has to do with the cutting/editing of 63. I think he feels they're managing to get it to work out despite the challenges? I don't know, I'm going by words from a machine translation.

Anyway I was thinking more about what Vylse said about pacing. If they do rush things a bit, for the sake of preserving the ending, it might work I guess.

Episode 61:Up to page 41 of chapter 105 before the midpoint/eyecatch. Second half of ep, paced quickly, could go up to page 23 of 106 for a cliffhanger at the end.

Episode 62:With quick pacing I think they can get to the End of 106 before the midpoint of the ep. Then going VERY quickly through the action scenes, they should be able to blaze through 107 up until either here (biggest spoiler url I have, don't click it if anime only) or the end of the chapter if they cut a few minor scenes or use the ED for more animation.

Episode 63:We don't have 108 yet, but we know it's to be 150-ish pages, so they'll need the entire episode if they're even going to blaze through it with only the key scenes.
hawkflame
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 11 2010, 08:22 AM) *
Sounds like it has to do with the cutting/editing of 63. I think he feels they're managing to get it to work out despite the challenges? I don't know, I'm going by words from a machine translation.

Anyway I was thinking more about what Vylse said about pacing.

If in Episode 61, 105 is rushed a bit and makes it up until page 41 or so is contained in the first half of the ep, they might be able to pace the combat in the second half quick enough to get to like...page 23 of chapter 106 (only sensible cut off point for a cliffhanger).

If they do that then MAYBE in the first half of episode 62, they can get to the end of 106. Then, if they go quickly through the action scenes, it's possible they can get through most of 107 in the second half, up until either page 57...or if they really rush it, to the end of the chapter. I think to get to the end they'd need to use the ED scene with the animation replaced again, but I'd rather not see credits rolling over the top of the end of 107.

Anyway, either way, that'd leave most of episode 63 for 108 alone, which with 150 pages obviously isn't nearly enough, but it's the best chance they'll have.

Having just read 107, I really don't think they -need- 150 pages for 108...
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (hawkflame @ May 11 2010, 05:44 AM) *
Having just read 107, I really don't think they -need- 150 pages for 108...

Should've known someone would quote me before I edited that post to include shorter lines and urls! Since this is a new page I'll post it again anyway.

Episode 61:Up to page 41 of chapter 105 before the midpoint/eyecatch. Second half of ep, paced quickly, could go up to page 23 of 106 for a cliffhanger at the end.

Episode 62:With quick pacing I think they can get to the End of 106 before the midpoint of the ep. Then going VERY quickly through the action scenes, they should be able to blaze through 107 up until either here (biggest spoiler url I have, don't click it if anime only) or the end of the chapter if they cut a few minor scenes or use the ED for more animation.

Episode 63:We don't have 108 yet, but we know it's to be 150-ish pages, so they'll need the entire episode if they're even going to blaze through it with only the key scenes.

Anyway 150 pages isn't speculation, it's news we've had of the last chapter's length, it was on that Amber person's deviantart profile and I believe came from an ad in this month's Gangan.

If you think about it though, we DO need that.

End of the fight, conclusion to whether Al gets his body back, end of Hoho's story, end of Scar's story, Roy's quest, Ling and Mei's quests, a little epilogue for all the minor characters, etc.

150 pages sounds just about right.
hawkflame
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ May 11 2010, 08:56 AM) *
Anyway 150 pages isn't speculation, it's news we've had of the last chapter's length, it was on that Amber person's deviantart profile and I believe came from an ad in this month's Gangan.

The same profile that said 107 was going to be 80 pages, when it turned out to be 70?

And does the ad actually say -150-? Otherwise I'm just going to chalk it up as speculation.

End of the fight, conclusion to whether Al gets his body back, end of Hoho's story, end of Scar's story, Roy's quest, Ling and Mei's quests, a little epilogue for all the minor characters, etc.

If that -is- the case, then I bet the anime will either A) show the epilogue as a montage of still shots over the end credits, or cool.gif save them for an OVA.
Flamez_Freak
Dunno . . But i really feel bones is gonna handle it . . I've heard arakawa is working wit them throughout the whole direction process .(the last few episodes) . . She will obviously want her work to be done brilliantly . . So i'm not too worried . . . For now . . . . But the more i look into the manga . . . The more worried i get . . Such epicness . .Then this question arises in my mind . . ' What if bones screws it up' . . . . I want more info from you , yasuhiro irie . . Or else sad.gif
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (hawkflame @ May 11 2010, 07:28 AM) *

If that -is- the case, then I bet the anime will either A) show the epilogue as a montage of still shots over the end credits, or cool.gif save them for an OVA.

I've thought about both options before, but I think the montage is the most likely option.

I don't think EVERYTHING will be a montage, but the minor characters will probably get that.

Like, key events will happen before the ED, then the montage will show epilogue for minor characters, then after the ED there'll be a final scene or two with the most important characters (Ed, Al and Roy mainly).

Someone mentioned to me that the OVA isn't likely to happen for an epilogue as containing part of the ending in a DVD extra just seems like a poor choice.
Disasterpiece
For the dubs airing on adult swim, is this going to be a steady stream of episodes or will there be breaks in between seasons (gaps in between airing periods)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.