Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Mr. Deathy
I knew Oshiro was working on 56 but I'm surprised it's the first half...the second half is likely to be the more action packed half...at least in terms of constant full on combat. Oh well.

Assuming that Tsukamoto handled the Greed vs Wrath stuff in episode 14 though this should still work out well.
Flamez_Freak
To be honest wit ya , i really think they've got the two best ad's working for episode 56 . . . . Chiyomi is easily one of the best animation directors of this show . . . So i'm happy . . .

OshiRu , chiyomi and nagasaku are my favourite ad's of this series . .
Michiyo-
Amber1003's journal entry has the new episode titles and short summaries:
the episode 57 "Perpetual leisure"

Olivier and other are impoverished. Meanwhile, a man who says having made Fuhrer appears in front of Ed.

the episode 58 "Human sacrifice"

Ed, Al and Izumi suddenly disappeared. Meanwhile, moribund Buccaneer asks Ling back up.

the episode 59 "Lost light"

unwritten.

So I was right about 58 covering 100-101 and 59 102.
I really can't wait to see those episodes. smile.gif
Flamez_Freak
Oh my god . . Awesome. .
Am i the only one here , who thinks that this anime will have more than 63 episodes . . .Or will have a movie ending . . . I don't see 6 chapters finishin in 4 episodes . . . And that to , when the chapter length is almost double the normal length

OR FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD WILL HAVE AN ANIME ORIGINAL ENDING . . sad.gif
amestris_star
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Apr 22 2010, 04:13 PM) *
Amber1003's journal entry has the new episode titles and short summaries:
the episode 57 "Perpetual leisure"

Olivier and other are impoverished. Meanwhile, a man who says having made Fuhrer appears in front of Ed.

the episode 58 "Human sacrifice"

Ed, Al and Izumi suddenly disappeared. Meanwhile, moribund Buccaneer asks Ling back up.

the episode 59 "Lost light"

unwritten.

So I was right about 58 covering 100-101 and 59 102.
I really can't wait to see those episodes. smile.gif

OH LORD - Episode 59...
That will be a scary ep to watch...

Thanks for the info Michiyo ;)
Kasumisty
Thank you! Finally, some news.

QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ Apr 22 2010, 05:10 PM) *
Oh my god . . Awesome. .
Am i the only one here , who thinks that this anime will have more than 63 episodes . . .Or will have a movie ending . . . I don't see 6 chapters finishin in 4 episodes . . . And that to , when the chapter length is almost double the normal length

OR FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD WILL HAVE AN ANIME ORIGINAL ENDING . . sad.gif

I think they'll manage. Those chapters are mainly about fights.

It's been officially announced that Brotherhood will have no more and no less than 63 episodes, btw.
shanryelric
QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ Apr 22 2010, 10:10 PM) *
Oh my god . . Awesome. .

OH DAMN. that is so right, I think. .__. they'll have their own ending (AGAIN) ?? =___= man, wth? or maybe arakawa made drafts for the ending.. so the ending will be just the same, no?
Michiyo-
The titles are up on Wikipedia as well:

Episode 57: "Eternal Rest"
"Eien no Itoma" (永遠の暇)

Episode 58: "Human Sacrifices"
"Hitobashira" (ひとばしら)

Episode 59: "Stolen Light"
"Ubawareta Hikari" (失われた光)
Mr. Deathy
So yeah, there's no physical way they're retaining everything from the manga in the last 4 eps now.

Episode 59 is no doubt going to end no later than the end of chapter 102, since episode 58 is likely to end at the end of chapter 100 (although it might have some events from the start of chapter 101 before that).

That means episodes 60-63 are going to have to contain chapters 103-108 if they're going to have a manga ending (assuming the manga ends with 108)

How the hell is that logically going to work?

Episode 60
: Chapters 103-104? (This would be crammed as hell and scenes would be cut, but I think they'll have to)
Episode 61: Chapter 105-start of 106? (they can't get far into 106, chapter 105 is too huge for that to happen and the storyline would be annihalated if 105 is paced too fast.)
Episode 62: 106...to somewhere in 107? We don't have a clue what's in 107, but I expect it to be utterly massive!
Episode 63: Somewhere in 107, to the end of 108? That's going to be one hell of a rushed epilogue if it still contains scenes from the end of the fight in 107.
FailToImpress
I really don't believe that they'd go to all the trouble of creating a new series based on the manga, without giving it it's proper ending; it's a waste of time then. If that happens then surely they should've thought out their schedule a bit better.

About what Mr.Deathy said though, I can't see how it works either. :/ Hm.
A Pierrot's Aria
I wish people would stop going on about the (ridiculous) notion that it'll have an anime only ending. As people have said, a lot of the chapters toward the end concentrate on fighting- that shouldn't take long unless they plan to have heavy breathing scenes and staring contests. Also, this is supposed to be based solely on the manga, to have an anime only ending now would be completely ludicrous.

But it all boils down to having to wait and see. They most likely have everything planned out since they most likely know the ending. (I think it was established a few pages back that it's likely they do) And I've personally never found a problem with them knowing the ending; I've never understood why people are so affronted by their possible knowledge of the it, either.

Still...it's an interesting point that Mr.Deathy bought up...Perhaps we'll have to wait and see what chapter 107 entails.

If it does have an anime only ending I will eat all the hats I own. xD
RoytheFlameAlchemist
This was posted on an imageboard:
"Kojiro Sadowashi (does storyboards) is a friend of a buddy of mine, Joey Lee, who is in Japan as an English teacher, says that Arakawa (the manga artist) couldn't decide between two endings she wanted to do, so she is doing one in the manga and the other in the anime."

I hope its a blatant lie from a troll...
A Pierrot's Aria
^Hmmmm...That better not be true. xD Although I'm doubting it is-- I'm pretty sure she only had one ending in mind.
Flamez_Freak
The two ending theory might be true . . But lets be positive . . .

I think we're in for a feature movie ending . . I'd take that over a ridiculously fast paced ending . . And i know i'm not the only one who'd agree for a full length movie .

Or , the followin can happen . . Based on mr deathy's theory . . I've come up wit my own . .

59 FINISHES with 102. . .
60 includes 103 and 104 . . Cause if i remember well , 103 has lots of dialogues . . . And those portions can be rushed . . . So no worries till now. . . The end of 104 will be an awesome cliffhanger as well . . . .

61 starts from 105 and ends with somewhere in the middle of 106 . . .

62 starts where 61 ended and hopefully finishes off wit 107 . .

Giving us one episode/chapter pacing for the last episode . . . . . I guess all this works out perfectly . .

OR

EITHER ONE OF 61, 62 , 63 can be a ONE HOUR SPECIAL smile.gif
this explains the last post on the director's blog . . . Facin difficulties with direction . . . . NICE smile.gif smile.gif
amestris_star
Seriously, what would be the POINT of two endings? I mean... it would be just useless and I do think Hiromu had the ending set in her mind from the beginning. The way she writes/wrote certain events in the manga and the previous foreshadowing in relation to various sections makes it more than evident.

So, nah, even considering that as true would be crazy.
Michiyo-
I agree with amestris_star, I really doubt that Arakawa couldn't decide the ending of the manga.

So everyone should stop worrying, the anime will have the same ending as the manga. smile.gif
FailToImpress
QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ Apr 22 2010, 07:14 PM) *
EITHER ONE OF 61, 62 , 63 can be a ONE HOUR SPECIAL smile.gif
this explains the last post on the director's blog . . . Facin difficulties with direction . . . . NICE smile.gif smile.gif

Ooh, that would be awesome. Would they do that though? If they had to resort to an hour long episode, they might as well spin it out and give us a whole movie at the end. At least that way we'd know it won't be rushed.

About there being two endings, hm I can't see that being true. Having two endings would only serve to confuse and infuriate, I'm certain she's got it all figured out. wink.gif
Flamez_Freak
^^^^^
but i do think there's a possibility of this one hour thing happening . . A friend of mine from another forum , post a few minutes back , that there has been speculation (on 2ch) that bones will be stopping at 106 and finishin the story wit a one hour special . . . Which airs later . . . this year . . .

And if you think harder , you'll also see , that sengoku basara is takin fma's slot once fma is done . . Basara is a short anime , and it will be done in less than 15 episodes . . . That will give ample time for bones to finish off wit the production and air that one hour special episode in that very slot . . . . . I hope i make sense . . . I just don't want fma brotherhood to end like soul eater . . Dreadful ending . . .
Vlyse
Oh wow. I guess I was totally wrong about the 59=104 thing. laugh.gif

Anyway, it brings more worry for me now - but I think it will still work out.

@Speculation - 101 and 102 are really short chapters that won't make episodes on their own. Episode 58's title implies covering 100 and 101. And Episode 59 with 102 and 103 (or halfway through 103).

Oh a few more things I realized:

-I looked for more coincidences with Adult Swim and Japanese airings and it sounds like Izumi's debut and reemergence into action will be next week, as well as Greed theme the next two weeks after that.
-And with today's information, it seems likely we'll have two more Ed-less episodes! (55 and 56)
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Apr 23 2010, 01:37 AM) *
Oh wow. I guess I was totally wrong about the 59=104 thing. laugh.gif

Anyway, it brings more worry for me now - but I think it will still work out.

@Speculation - 101 and 102 are really short chapters that won't make episodes on their own. Episode 58's title implies covering 100 and 101. And Episode 59 with 102 and 103 (or halfway through 103).

don't worry , you weren't the only one who was wrong about 59=104 . . smile.gif smile.gif

yes . . . This might just work out . . . Instead of following my theory of cramming 103 and 104 into one episode , we can actually follow yours and give the last fight a bit of breathing space . . .
Sadly , we are not the ones working behind this anime , Bones are . . . God knows , whats in their head right now . . .
deet-tastic
I was sitting here trying to figure out "Stolen light" and trying to figure out why an episode would be called that.
Stolen light, It's Roy's eyes.
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Apr 22 2010, 01:07 PM) *
@Speculation - 101 and 102 are really short chapters that won't make episodes on their own. Episode 58's title implies covering 100 and 101. And Episode 59 with 102 and 103 (or halfway through 103)

No chance. There were short summaries posted on Amber's profile as well and they made it obvious to me that 59 wouldn't go past the end of 102.

I expect 58 to end with Riza's throat being slit, or just after it, for a cliffhanger, with the Olivia scenes from chapter 101 moved forward to 58 before that cliffhanger at the end.

I then expect chapter 59 to go through the rest of 101, with Roy being taken to the gate before the eyecatch and his sight loss and Al's scene happening after the eyecatch.

It's possible the episode might actually end on the image of Al looking at his body as a cliffhanger.
Vlyse
Has there ever been a similar cliffhanger in the series? That's why I don't think Riza being endangered or encountering Al's body would be cliffhangers again. Actually, I love the idea of Ray of Light playing while Al walks to his body and then "loses the light" in the eyes of his armor as if he's back into his body, then the ED appears.

Ed, Al, and Izumi disappearing seems like the perfect cliffhanger for 57, which 58's summary agrees. And I'm under the assumption they changed the manga chapter title "The Fifth Human Sacrifice" to "Human Sacrifices" as that episode would cover the obtaining of all the sacrifices.

But, yeah, my speculation might be off - it doesn't seem like they're going back to 2 chapter pacing from 1.5 whatsoever. Plus there's a tad too much more dialogue for a 100+101 episode than I originally thought.
Flamez_Freak
After lots of speculation , and lots of permutations and combinations , i've decided that i'd rather wait to see what bones does than bang my head over somethin which i have no idea about . . Thats the best option . . Easily . . . And if my head still wants to think about it , i guess i'm gonna stick to my theory . . . It makes sense . . .
shanryelric
OwO lots and lots of conclusions made my head spin -,-
Arakawa said in one of her omake that she (almost, or not. can't remember) spilled the ending of her manga to the BONES when the FMA1 is in progress. so isn't it just obvious that she already know how will the series end, and that will be only ONE ending? no offense, I hate it if there'll be 2 kind of endings. maybe after that I'll run down the street and screaming. "OH MY GODNESS. NOT AGAIN!!"
Kasumisty
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/31614967/ rumors concerning the ending of Brotherhood.

Personally, I wouldn't mind an alternative ending if it was something like "what would happen, if" - kind of opposite of what would happen in another one. But it would be a shame not be able to experience the original manga ending as an animation. I'm torn between these two.
penguintruth
This isn't like Death Note. We already have an "alternate ending", an entire alternate TV series. And while I love the first seires, the ending of Brotherhood should be the same ending as the manga. Otherwise, aside from more money to Bones, what's the point of doing a new series, one that follows the manga's story?
rzerox21xx
another rentry from amber

http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/31614967/

amestris_star
Mustang and Hawkeye songs?! I WANT!

Thanks for the info! smile.gif

As for the anime and manga ending when and how, everything's still a question mark - personally, I don't know, we just know that the end is near... we just have to keep enjoying it by the minute I suppose.
A Pierrot's Aria
Wow...if that's true, that kinda sucks. xD I'd hate to have to wait ages for a movie/another season just to see the ending animated. It seems kind of ridiculous, too. If they're going to do a faithful manga adaptation they should do it from start to finish without any more alternate endings.

Although I'm glad to hear that it's definitely Roy and Riza that are getting a character song on the new album (as well as Winry and another from Ed it seems.)
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Apr 25 2010, 05:16 PM) *
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/31614967/ rumors concerning the ending of Brotherhood.

Personally, I wouldn't mind an alternative ending if it was something like "what would happen, if" - kind of opposite of what would happen in another one. But it would be a shame not be able to experience the original manga ending as an animation. I'm torn between these two.

sorry , an alternate ending is loads of crap . . We've already had one , and i won't have another . . But the movie/ova idea is somethin i talked about earlier . And i'm for it . . Mainly because ,
:)consistent artwork
:)consistent top notch animation
:)great direction
:)gives time for the mangaka to finish her story wit ease , instead of rushing everything
:)gives breathin space for new anime series , i bet some people , who don't watch fma are pretty bugged about the whole thing . . Mainly because its been occupying the same time slot for more than a year and tbs mbs isn't a channel which airs long anime (+51episodes) . . Who knows , that might even pull in more fans to the show , cause i know loads of people who watch anime once they're done till the end smile.gif smile.gif
Bag of Magic Food
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Apr 25 2010, 05:21 AM) *
And while I love the first seires, the ending of Brotherhood should be the same ending as the manga. Otherwise, aside from more money to Bones, what's the point of doing a new series, one that follows the manga's story?

Eh, plans change sometimes, gotta live with it.
shanryelric
nah. ususally alternate endings sucks. USUALLY. because I hate alternate endings.
Gimpyhair
I can't wait to see this scene next week: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/97/38/ I always had a soft spot for Falman and this part made me cry the first time I read it!
deet-tastic
haha! Poor Falman.
I was laughing when I first read that part, at what Bucanneer said.
XD
DistantBlue
I am personally hopeing for eiTher one hour specials or a movie. NO ALTERNATIVE ENDINGS PLZ

I am a little concerned about the double ending rumor. The only reason is that a post made on the directors blog said that the final episode's direction had been decided. I am more leaning towards that it is a lie, but this came to mind. :-/
deet-tastic
I remember that post. I didn't take it as an "alternate ending" hint.
I assumed it ment that basically, "we know how to go through with this episode, what camera angles, what tone, we have the storyboards done and are happy with it" sort of message.
DistantBlue
^
Yeah, that was my initial reaction as well and didn't take it as literally. I'm still leaning towards it being a troll post, but still, it never hurts to ponder ha ha. I just will put my trust in Bones and hope they don't screw up. :-P
FailToImpress
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ May 5 2010, 01:35 AM) *
I remember that post. I didn't take it as an "alternate ending" hint.
I assumed it ment that basically, "we know how to go through with this episode, what camera angles, what tone, we have the storyboards done and are happy with it" sort of message.

That's what I thought too. I guess they were just mentioning it because there was maybe slightly different ways they could have done it.

I really don't think there will be an alternate ending, otherwise this whole "Brotherhood" has been a waste of time. It wouldn't make any sense to follow the manga the whole way through, then chuck in their own ending, because that wasn't the point of the series.
Mr. Deathy
At the very least though, if they're finishing at Episode 63 completely (no additional special or anything), they're not doing the ending JUST how it happens in the manga. It isn't possible.

By episode 59 they wont be past chapter 102 going by episode titles/summaries. At the very most, start of 103.

They can't conceivably cram chapters 103-108 (IF it's the last chapter) into the last 4 episodes and retain everything. Chapters like 105 virtually need an episode all to themselves since so much happens plot wise. You can't cram everything that happens in that chapter into half an episode without it being butchered beyond recognition.

If they ARE still following the manga AND ending in 63, expect Episode 63 to still have part of the final fight in the first half of the ep, then a quick epilogue in the second half (probably the entire last chapter of the manga snipped and condensed, using the ending credits as a slideshow of scenes of what happened to characters, etc).
SneakyRuler
It still can be done. Let's assume episodes 60-63 have chapters 103-108 to cover. 103 and 104 can be crammed together without any damage (104 was more visually heavy than story-telling heavy), don't remember about 103 precisely so I can be wrong. That leaves us with 4 chapters for 3 episodes which is possible.

Not that I don't hope for one hour special (would solve everything). I wouldn't panic, yet. wink.gif
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ May 5 2010, 06:26 AM) *
It still can be done. Let's assume episodes 60-63 have chapters 103-108 to cover. 103 and 104 can be crammed together without any damage (104 was more visually heavy than story-telling heavy), don't remember about 103 precisely so I can be wrong. That leaves us with 4 chapters for 3 episodes which is possible.

Not that I don't hope for one hour special (would solve everything). I wouldn't panic, yet. wink.gif

103-104 in episode 60 is possible, I agree there.

How much further can 61 go than the end of 105 though? Can anyone really imagine it going further and it working out?

62 will at least have to cover all of 106, which will be fine...but also realistically it'll have go into 107. Now...107 is likely to be a massive chapter. Do I think 62 can cover 106 and 107? No chance.

So 63 will need to start with part of 107 and if it is massive climatic storyline scenes, they can't exactly rush it. Then they'll also have all of 108 to cram into the rest of the episode, which IF is the last chapter, will be a long epilogue chapter, undoubtedly.

So... can anyone think of any logical way to do this better if they're ending at 63 and last chapter is 108...? I can't, which is why I think if it is ending with the manga ending, I expect all the "epilogue" to be condensed in the last half of 63 and most of it probably be be a slideslow scene during the credits, showing little snippets of what happened to everyone, then a final moment after the credits.
Michiyo-
New post from Irie's Twitter:
鋼61話のカッティング終了。総力決戦前の大装置話数。と同時に主要なキャラクターの退場話数。

They finished ep. 61 today. Not sure about the translation of the other half.

deet-tastic
I had to use bing translator. And that didn't help at all sad.gif
About a decisive battle and main characters. So.. what.. 105 and parts of 106?
I'll wait for a good translation.
Vlyse
61 steel cutting end of the story. Stories of all-out battle before the big equipment. At the same time leaving the main characters of stories.

-Google Translator

Says 104 to me. Which would agree with the show stopping with 106.
Michiyo-
My guess is that ep. 61 will cover 105 and maybe part of 106, ep. 62 106-107, then the last ep chapter 108.

Summaries of eps. 57-59 will come with the new Gangan, so next week we'll know where they'll end ep. 59.
deet-tastic
-sigh-

Why must I/we wait a week?
I need to know this now! So I can settle down and not be worried O_o
Broken Chouchou
Eh, I'm not worried. I'm just hyped biggrin.gif
deet-tastic
THIS THIS THIS THIS

鋼の原作漫画は最終回までネームでいただき、それを元にシナリオ、コンテ作業。荒川さんのパワフルな仕事ぶり。最終回の物量に驚愕。泣いても笑ってもあと2ヵ月。

!!!

DistantBlue
^ I GOT :

GOOGLE:
Name of the original comics are invited to the final steel, based on that scenario, container work. Arakawa's powerful job. The final amount of surprise. Two months later, whether we like it or not

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS BUT MY GUESS IS THAT ITS AWESME

EDIT
Babelfish: To the last time to receive the original cartoon of the steel with the name, on the basis of that scenario and continuity job. The way of the powerful work of Arakawa. Astonishment to physical quantity of last time. Crying, laughing, 2 months after

Yeahhh I'm gonna wait for an official translation. I'm guessing they are talking about the very last chapter? :-/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.