Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Vagrant
When they said the promised day was 'tomorrow' in the most recent episode, I was like whaaat?
This thread answered quite a few questions it raised. But I still don't know quite how they're going to do this. It seems a lot like the anime could still catch up or something.
I originally would have figured we only had one or two more chapters to go.
(it also occurred to me that they could probably have done the big final conflict as a movie - I know they won't, but that would've been...Interesting)

By the way, Kasumisty, I'm pretty sure I've seen the journey of that signature of yours for almost a year now. Haha.
Bag of Magic Food
I'm going to assume that the story starts going hour-by-hour rather than skipping days at a time. (Or months at a time, as I'm told happened a few episodes ago but didn't seem very clear.)
A Pierrot's Aria
I think that they'll handle the upcoming events very well because they're very fast paced and action packed and (as I understand it) is concentrated on a single day. I'm looking forward to see how it all pans out. : )
hawkflame
Man, I can't wait for episode 50. That's one of my favorite chapters in the manga, and to me, where the end -really- begins (that does take place on the morning of the Promised Day, after all)
deet-tastic
The beginning of the end.
Yeah 50 will cover one of my favorite chapters, I'm really excited to see how it turns out.
But man oh man I can't wait to see Mustang flamerevengeburnrape Envy. Him and Hawkeye taking him down is going to be siiick.
Vlyse
It seems that episode 52 will cover up to chapter 93.

From Amber's journal:

The episode 48 : The vow in the underground passage

Ed and others turned the table at one fling by Lanfan's help. But, meanwhile, Heinkel faced a hard time in another place by Pride who shows no sign of being knocked down. Later, the light blinks on, then the shadows which was intercepted are restored. Meanwhile, the military spies were sneaking up Roy who made a thorough survey of Pride's identity by Madam Christmas' help.

The episode 49 : The parent-child affection

Pride gets Gluttony's ability with the cruel way. Ed and others have no way of doing anything in front of the power. Meanwhile, Al comes round in the another place and learns the fact his big brother and others are in desperate straits, then Al suggests a plan to Hohenheim. Hohenheim provokes the attack to Pride with the suggestion, but...

The episode 50 : Central convulsion

Roy takes Mrs. Bladrey as a prisoner, then finally he sent out a signal of counterattack to Central Command Center. The insurgency seemed to be quashed quickly, but it plunges into city fighting by Mustang team's skilful attack, Charley team which appeared from unforeseen place and the backup of Briggs' military. Meanwhile, they meet unexpected person again as a collaborator of insurgency.

The episode 51 : The deathless army

Finally a lot of doll privates are released by the topsider in the military. The unkillable mob which is unfearing of the death bites the topsiders whom they must follow and kills, then they lash out Ed and others all together. Meahwhile, Sloth stands over Olivier to get rid of her. And Heinkel who left with Al there notices the intentional action of Pride who was locked in the dome.

The episode 52 : Everyone's power

Finally Al decides to use the Philosopher's stone by Heinkel's words. Al unfurls the even and cutthroat fight against Pride and Kimblee with making full use of power of souls who were locked in the stone. Meanwhile, Olivier side improves their chances against Sloth by Armstrong's entry into the fight, but shortly after that, Sloth stops lazing and starts to go all out with his "real" power.
deet-tastic
Oh my hale. AWESOME.
Okay, so 52 will be my favorite episode. I already know that biggrin.gif
Oooh boy I hope they don't mess up Al being a bad-A.
And we get Sloth's true power in 52.

Aw, this made my night. Thank you!!
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for posting the info, Vylse!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Roy and Madame Christmas scene next episode when they go underground. : ) As well as that I'm looking forward to episode 49 because I just love to see/hear Hohenheim say "Don't you dare mock my son!" biggrin.gif

And Bladrey...LOL!
Michiyo-
The titles of episodes 53 and 54 are up on ANN.

53: The Flames of Revenge
Fukushū no Honō
復讐の炎

54: Beyond the Raging Fire
Rekka no Saki ni
烈火の先に

That means chapters 93-95. biggrin.gif
Kasumisty
Thank you smile.gif

So far into manga already...
amestris_star
Good Lord! Thanks Michiyo!

Now I already know that those two episodes will kill me.
IceSkadi
That really made my day biggrin.gif
Just 3 episodes till my absolute favourite part (so far) : D

Thanks for the info Michiyo- !

And the good news is that both music and animation improved a lot in the last episodes. I do really hope that they will keep this grade of awesomeness till the very end.

SneakyRuler
At this point I'm looking practically to every single episode laugh.gif We'll see Izumi again! And poor Falman in front of Bradley. If there is an iconic *not fair* moment it must be this. I felt so bad for him.

Yes! Thanks, Michiyo! Two episodes, that means no rushing through things biggrin.gif

@amestris_star: if they kill you, you're gonna miss a lot of cool stuff afterwards *wink* *wink*
Vlyse
I was hoping to see Chapter 94 and the first half of Chapter 95 all in one episode. I guess that won't happen now. Oh well.
amestris_star
QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Mar 22 2010, 09:52 PM) *
@amestris_star: if they kill you, you're gonna miss a lot of cool stuff afterwards *wink* *wink*

Between that and the manga, I'm gonna spend summer in zombie mode LOL
deet-tastic
I knew 53 was going to be the Envy flamerape. I just knew it.
I've had it in my phone calendar for about 50 days now. "April 18th 53!!!"
Oh man. Oh man it's so close. I can't wait.
Vicious74
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Mar 22 2010, 09:22 PM) *
I was hoping to see Chapter 94 and the first half of Chapter 95 all in one episode. I guess that won't happen now. Oh well.

Yeah I was hoping for this as well. Disappointing.

I doubt they'll use chapter 93's ending as a cliffhanger now, which is even more of a bummer.
ShadowCat17
They'd better not mess up the Roy/Envy episode. I want to see some hardcore Darkside!Roy, which would include some sick animation as well as a good job by the voice actors for Roy, Envy, Riza, and Ed. It's one of the best scenes in the entire manga imo
Mr. Deathy
I have a random comment about Roy vs Envy - I hope it doesn't use the Mustang vs Lust music (Battle Scherzo or whatever).

As good as the track was, it's more "victorious" sounding, like the hero has arrived to save the day. This fight is extremely dark and isn't really portrayed as Roy winning or being a hero, just satisfying his lust for bloody, violent revenge.

I hope there's some new music that's epic but with more of a raging destruction theme to it. If the music is upbeat it'll ruin the tone of the fight.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Mar 29 2010, 05:42 PM) *
I hope there's some new music that's epic but with more of a raging destruction theme to it. If the music is upbeat it'll ruin the tone of the fight.

Agreed. Hope they have a nice, dark, little brutal track in store for us.

This is by no means my favourite part of the manga, though, even if it's good. I'm more worried about the upcoming action scenes in Central. The last episode (50) didn't convey any sense of intensity or thrill despite being very action oriented. Most scenes felt a little dull, to be honest.

Like when we will finally get see (spoiler tag for those naive ones out there) Bradley in action for REAL for the first time, the ensuing fights, and Central vs Briggs battles, and not to forget Greed's awesome full-body entrance. These action chapters were very intense for me, I hope the anime manages to live up to my expectations.
Kasumisty
http://www5.diary.ne.jp/user/538725/

...From what I understand they already did 62 episode?
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Mar 29 2010, 04:19 PM) *

@Kasumisty - I think, according to that linked blog entry by FMA:B director, Yasuhiro Irie, it looks like, on Monday, March 29, 2010 (Japan time, so that was yesterday, I think) he had the production meeting [with FMA:B production staff including] Hiroshi Ohnogi (大野木寛) who is a scrip writer and the Series Composition Director for the FMA:B, and went through the script for episode 62.

Also, anyone who can read Japanese... I would like to have your opinion on the following entry on the same blog:
打ち合わせは62話。
あとは最終話。

This entry is kind of encryptish, and this can read one way, and maybe another way also, and I don't want to start any rumor with false info by some chance, hence I'm omitting translation of this part for now. Any members who can read Japanese and would like to discuss this entry, please PM me with your opinion. ^^
deet-tastic
O.o 62.
I think it's safe to say that they are working on, and discussing, things we don't know about now.
They're past 105.
Miverel
Wow! So the Mustang vs Envy fight is so close! I really cannot wait to see episodes 53 & 54! *____*
I hope they'll serve us a lot of well-drawn animation, dynamic but dark music and angsty scenes!
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Mar 29 2010, 04:19 PM) *

I don't like the sound of this.

This now does mean they HAVE to have got details in advance from Arakawa if they're following the manga story to the end.

I also expect that episode 63 will mainly be an epilogue based on the last chapter of the manga, so assuming the manga ends at chapter 108, that would mean episode 62 covers some material from 107 (and maybe 106).

This means to be following the manga they need a lot of knowledge at least 2 chapters in advance of what we have. I don't know if Arakawa will have really provided them with that indepth.

I'm thinking now we're going to see the same "events" happening in the last episodes as the manga, but with a very different execution and completely different visuals from the manga panels, because they very likely wont be animating based off of manga artwork.
shanryelric
i.. basically i don't like the development -,-.... does this mean that they just go on with their own plot, ignoring the original manga? AGAIN? shooooot
Kasumisty
Nobody said that. It's probable that Arakawa told the staff everything she planned and provided at least some sketches and storyboard to work with. She is said to cooperate with them all the time. I doubt they would diverse from manga so much after sticking to it closely most of the time. And hey, even if the scenes won't be copied exactly from manga panels, it wouldn't be a tragedy for me.

Edit: This discussion does not belong there, but in "Future Episodes" thread. Forgive me, admins.
<no problem ^^ it's taken care of. ^^ ~T.>
Tombow
^ I'm with Kasumisty on this, as we haven't learned anything about the actual content of this episode yet. xp This can be some good & exciting stuff Arakawa might have been working on (but we haven't learned about yet.) That would be great. ^^
For now, I'm very intrigued about the news, and would love to find out more on this. biggrin.gif

Everyone who have been kindly bringing the news & info to us, thank you, and please keep eyes open, and bring in more news if you see more on this, or any other developments, news, and info. happy.gif
Broken Chouchou
Maybe Arakawa has had a couple of her last chapters already finished a few months prior to publishing? Not sure how this works, but if this would be the case, maybe she handed BONES the chapters in advance, pre-official release? Or...? tongue.gif
black~hayate
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Mar 30 2010, 08:55 PM) *
Maybe Arakawa has had a couple of her last chapters already finished a few months prior to publishing? Not sure how this works, but if this would be the case, maybe she handed BONES the chapters in advance, pre-official release? Or...? tongue.gif

Maybe she has a script for it. You know, she must have written the story somewhere on paper.

My own question, since it's about future episodes discussion...
Will there be FMA:B this Sunday? The most countries are celebrating easter, but I doubt the Japanese do. But I want to be sure. Is there any or isn't there?
A Pierrot's Aria
^I think there most likely will be an episode on Sunday because the new OP and ED are said to start on 4th April. : ) (I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, anyway. xD)
Tombow
QUOTE (black~hayate @ Mar 30 2010, 03:00 PM) *
Will there be FMA:B this Sunday? The most countries are celebrating easter, but I doubt the Japanese do. But I want to be sure. Is there any or isn't there?

@black~hayate - Yes, as A Pierrot's Aria has posted above, they have a regularly scheduled airing of FMA:B episode this Sunday. smile.gif
And, no, Easter is not a national holiday in Japan, nor most of people there celebrate Easter, as far as I know. ^^ (the population of people who are of Christian faith there is much smaller than those in the North/South American and European countries, I think. ^^)

ETA: Alice in Nothingtown - No problem! Thank you for confirming it. biggrin.gif
l
l
l/
Alice in Nothingtown
on the Wikipedia and Anime News Network it says that it's going to be FMA: B this Sunday smile.gif

edit: sorry, didn't see Tombow already answer it wink.gif
black~hayate
Thank you guys! It's important to know since the episodes become greater and greater...
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (black~hayate @ Mar 30 2010, 09:00 PM) *
Maybe she has a script for it. You know, she must have written the story somewhere on paper.

Was that harsh sarcasm? ohmy.gif Or did I misread... unsure.gif

I don't know how it would turn out if they have been animating the last couple of episodes according to script/storyboards. It might be a good thing, it could spur - or force out - some creativeness from Bones. But that might just as well go all kinds of wrong, and end up being a horrible way of doing unjustice to the awesomeness that these last few manga chapters have been.

On anotehr note, I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing the new OP and ED. I don't feel any of the ones following Again and Uso have lived up to the standards set by them. All of the openings have been pretty catchy, but not much more. As for the endings, the only one I really like is Let it out. The third one sucked, and the fourth is alright. But not great. I hope these last themes of the show will be just that, great. I'm happy that it's SID doing one of the songs again, since I loved Uso, even though that's of course no guarantee. But it does get your hopes up. But I guess I shouldn't set my expectations too high, that's a good way of getting dissapointed.
SneakyRuler
I wouldn't look at the whole situation so gloomily. We assume manga's got (or will get) 108 chapters, of which 108 we assume (again) to be epilogue. So, there's the possibility that episode 62 will be based on chapter 106 solely, which is already drawn by Arakawa-sensei right now (end of March). It may not be inked and stuff but it's very likely there's already a more or less final version of the chapter.
/end of speculation tongue.gif
Bag of Magic Food
And hey, it'll still be fun to get two different epilogues!
Vlyse
QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Mar 31 2010, 02:01 PM) *
So, there's the possibility that episode 62 will be based on chapter 106 solely

62 should be 107, May's issue, actually, if 59 is 104 and we can expect 1 chapter pacing with the increasing length of the chapters.
Bag of Magic Food
May Chang gets an issue all to herself?!?

...Oh, you meant the month May...
hilary
http://www.hagaren.jp/news/index.html#n127

--
Today there's a news posted in the official website biggrin.gif
deet-tastic
I can only get a few details out of it.

Apparently a violinist named Miyamoto will be contributing a song to episode 52 called "sorrowfull stone"

The rest goes on talking about the violinist. When he was 14 he wond first place at a contest in Germany.
He did a theme for a show/movie called smile
Something about a new album called Dream.

Sorry, this is rough rough translation of it. We'll have to wait for someone to give us a better one.

This is intersting though. I wonder where in 52 it will play.

Tombow
^ETA: Oops, I didn't see deet-tastic's post. (You can tell my web connection is getting really bad/sloooow again right now. XD)
Thank you, deet-tastic for the translation! ^^

QUOTE (hilary @ Apr 5 2010, 12:57 AM) *
http://www.hagaren.jp/news/index.html#n127

--
Today there's a news posted in the official website biggrin.gif

Thank you, hilary! biggrin.gif
That's a news related to the episode 52 that airs in Japan next Sunday, April 11, 2010.

ヴァイオリニスト宮本笑里が「鋼の錬金術師 FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST」挿入曲を担当することに決定!
posted :2010.04.05:

ヴァイオリニスト宮本笑里(みやもとえみり)が、MBS・TBS系TVアニメ「鋼の錬金術師 FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST」
の4/11放送分、第52話にて挿入曲を担当することに決定!OAをお楽しみに!

挿入曲
「Sorrowful Stone」
作曲・編曲: 千住明
バイオリン演奏: 宮本笑里

<Translation>
Japanese Violinist Emiri Miyamoto will play "Sorrowful Stone," music and arrangement by Akira Senju, for the episode 52 that airs on April 11, 2010.

And then it has the BIO info for Emiri Miyamoto, which I'm skipping. xp

------

Wow, this is nice! Emiri Miyamoto is one of Japan's up and coming star violinists. Her official site (Japanese) is here.
I'm looking forward to the next episode! biggrin.gif
Kasumisty
I can't wait to hear it then. Thanks, hilary, deet-tastic and Tombow!
Mr. Deathy
Was looking back at my future episode prection thing from late February again and I see this is where I go wrong now.

I was right in thinking Episode 51 would rearrange a bunch of scenes from the manga, but I wasn't expecting them them to get as far as having scenes from chapter 92 as well. Looks like next week is going to cover scenes from 91, 92 and 93 too, the preview shows scenes nearly halfway through chapter 93.

So looks like Episode 53 is going to cover just over half of 93 and then all (or most) of 94.

I hope it works out as awesome as the manga though because the most sensible way for them to do it would be for the cliffhanger of 93 to be pre-eyecatch and then the action scenes of 94 to be post eyecatch, but that means all of Roy vs Envy will be condensed into a 9 minute period, which isn't as long as I would've liked. It also means the anime only people will have practically no "build up" to the fight like manga readers had with the cliffhanger, which is a shame.

Oh well, I guess it's still a ton longer than Mustang vs Lust.
Vlyse
Found on another forum and Wikipedia:

55. The Adults' Way of Life
56. The Return of the Fuhrer

Sounds like 56 will be 98 and 99, especially if 104 is still 59. smile.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for the info Vlyse!
And that means animated chapter 101 comes very soon. biggrin.gif I can't wait to see it.

And according to the director's blog, they edited ep. 59 today. smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Awesome! I'm also really looking forward to seeing chapter 95 animated! biggrin.gif
szarancza
Just thought this might help end some of the speculations...

I remember Arakawa saying in one of the profile/guidebooks that she is always two chapters ahead of her readers. That is, just so the publisher has a safe net in case she gets sick or something, I think she's supposed to have two chapters that come after the current month's chapter already *finished* and just biding their time.

I wish I had my profile books with me so that I could double-check her exact wording, but if that's really the case, then for all we know, the Brotherhood animators may have already *seen* how the whole story will unfold and can rely on actual manga chapters and not just sketches/Arakawa's synopsis.

It would be great if someone could confirm this, I think it would make some people a whole lot less worried about the future of Brotherhood smile.gif
Mr. Deathy
^That would be a best case scenario at this point.

I'm surprised though that it's possible they could be kept under such secrecy then that not once have chapters from future months accidentally leaked somehow.

The sheer size of the last few chapters makes me wonder if that's even truly possible though. I'd like to hope it is of course!
Broken Chouchou
That's what I said! A few posts up! And that idea was brutally ignored and rejected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.