Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
deet-tastic
I know hahaha!

You guys, we're talking about ARAKAWA.
I'm not worried one bit.

Knowing her, she is already done. And i'm assuming that Bones is sworn under secrecy about the last of the plot...
which makes me a tad mad if that's the case. The jerks are probably laughing at us right now. "104?! That was soooo last year. We know how it all ends BWAHAHA!!"

I can see them...mocking us.

Anyways, as far as Brotherhood staying true, i'm not worried.
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 14 2010, 08:03 PM) *
It's possible Arakawa already has the final chapter done, you know.

Uh, no, very unlikely.

Arakawa is a mother now, I think maybe she already has the next chapter done or heavily in progress but I doubt she's several chapters in advance. I mean 104 was friggin 52 pages, it was huge.

I'm sure she knows what she'll be doing for the last few chapters but I seriously doubt she has them drawn. She's been constantly getting chapters out each month for years. It's not like she's had spare time to accumulate a pile of future chapters.

Hell, didn't she tell the animators of the first series the whole story just so they know what not to do and won't spoil the rest of the manga?

Um, no? I think she told them to go down their own path but I'm very confident she didn't tell them the whole story. There would only be like a 1% chance of the anime team coming up with the same ideas that she would.

She plans out things in advance but she even said in an interview from last year or so that she had decided who would be fighting in all the last battles, but not how the actual battles would play out yet and that she was excited to draw them to see what ideas she would come up with for the combat. She does plan things out, but not EVERYTHING in exact detail.
hawkflame
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Feb 15 2010, 03:54 PM) *
Hell, didn't she tell the animators of the first series the whole story just so they know what not to do and won't spoil the rest of the manga?

Um, no? I think she told them to go down their own path but I'm very confident she didn't tell them the whole story. There would only be like a 1% chance of the anime team coming up with the same ideas that she would.

Okay, perhaps not the whole story, but she certainly told them the ending in advance-

"During the development of the first anime, Arakawa allowed the anime staff to work independently from her, and requested having a different ending from the one in the manga. She said that she would not like to repeat the same ending in both media, as well as to make the manga longer to work more in the development of the characters. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist

This was six or seven years ago. If she knew the ending back then surely she's further along with it by now.

Seriously, no need to get paranoid. What's the worry anyway? If it happens, it happens. Besides, it makes no sense for them to crap out this late in the game.
penguintruth
Heh, now you're reminding me of those 4koma Arakawa did for the first series, like "a mother's flavor".

But now I'm getting off-topic.

I really don't have the same concerns as others that the anime will somehow go past the manga.
shanryelric
in an omake, she said that she -unintentionally- told BONES the ending...
Chiyo
Wow shanry, where did you hear that? I'd love to know when she said that.

I too think the anime won't overtake the manga, they're probably aiming for them to end close to each other as that would enhance the finale.
shanryelric
Chiyo , i read it in book 8's omake. it's a cow shed diary.telling her stories about when she heard that FMA will be animated. she thought it just a kind of joke, but it turns out real. she told that the one who will produce the anime is BONES studio, the director is Seiji Mizushima, story editor is Noboru Sogawa. they work every day, having a meeting before yhe premiere, discussing everything, and arakawa gets soo many questions about FMA, "how's the climate?", "is there any electricity and gas?" , "the relationship between xxx and xxx??" "xxx's parents?" blah blah blah. told us that she gets confuced when a person asked her "in the scen xx, the character is in what situation??" so then she just go make the manga drafts. and from all the questionsm there is ONE that is sooo "furious" about FMA, and because of that, arakawa gets serious too and UNINTENTIONALLY telling her last chapter. she and the producer and the staff all have different opinion, but it's fun. and not even opinions, arakawa also get the same idea with BONES (got preceded, actually), like when the animated version gave roy with slight mustache, she also in progress drawing it for chapter 34. and so on, the story in manga and anime became more and more different. and finally the animated series come to an end, told us she's curious about it.
deet-tastic
I've also read that omake.
She tells us basically that she told the first anime's director and inner circle how it all ends.

EDIT
Arakawa says: "...so many people asked me "what was___ doing while___ was going on!?" That finally I started drawing out some scenes as manga story-boards. (there weren't too many volumes of the fm manga out yet so it was really hard on the animators) From all those questions I felt so much creative energy that I thought I should get serious about creating too. So I told the animators the whole story, including the final chapter."

There you have it. Keep in mind this was for FMA 1. And she told Bones.
So I highly highly think that Brotherhood creators know the full story as well.
penguintruth
I hear that she also insisted that Bones make one of the anime-only characters into a cyborg completely out of the blue. laugh.gif
shanryelric
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 20 2010, 05:51 AM) *
I hear that she also insisted that Bones make one of the anime-only characters into a cyborg completely out of the blue. laugh.gif

it's archer, rite??
penguintruth
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 19 2010, 10:24 PM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 20 2010, 05:51 AM) *

it's archer, rite??

That's who I was referring to, yeah. But it was just a joke.

That part's still a head scratcher, even for me, and I love the first series.
Flamez_Freak
its just somethin i noticed....
well i did talk to an animax chap wen this anime was about to be aired....2-3 days before the anime aired...and that time ....he had said that animax has been told that this anime has only 51 episodes.....well recently....i spoke to him again....and i got an explanation from him too

animax is showing fmab episodes dubbed every monday to friday......and today they are gonna show episode 26.....well....the week in which animax reaches 51 episodes... coincides with the week in which the official fma brotherhood ep 51 airs.......can it be coincidence.....i dont think so...and im atually worried...i dont want this to finish in the 50s.........nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and there has been no news about the the next OP/ED either.... we came to know about period after we had 4 episodes featuring GTL.........

i really hope that guy is bluffing......coz if not.......id be sad......

and i spoke to that dude on animax forums and anime news network...there is no doubt he works for animax....and he had given me some minor details from the show even before it was aired......but i just hope he is wrong about this 51 episodes thing
Mr. Deathy
^In all honesty regardless of whether or not he works with them or not he probably knows all about the episode count.

63 episodes has been suggested by Japanese sources, which I certainly trust more than one guy who I doubt knows anything at all about the Japanese production schedule.

To be honest though if they were ending at 51/52 eps I'd be happier as that'd make it seem very likely they were lining up for a movie ending because that would mean they plan to cut off with a bunch still to animate. It's definitely not true though as I remember reading only a month or two ago about the director saying they had storyboards completed up to episode 53 as of December.

<Edited unessential cursing. Please watch the language. :) ~ Board staff >
penguintruth
I'm not as panicked as some folks by the episode count. We'll get all of the manga story, even if they have to do a movie to finish it all. Bones isn't going to screw us.
Qashqai
QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ Feb 24 2010, 07:52 AM) *
we came to know about period after we had 4 episodes featuring GTL.........

Oh rly? I thought it was about 4 episodes before Period started. I came to know in 7th December, when one Japanese girl wrote about it on her deviantART... And I think we'll come to know something about the fifth opening on the start of March, too.

From what I heard, Brotherhood was indeed planned for around 51 episodes. But then they lenghten the anime to 63 episodes because of the manga. That's what I heard and I believe in. And because of that I also believe that we'll get the whole manga story in 63 episodes *I would want the option of ~50 episodes and a movie of the final battle, though, haha*

By the way, the director Yasuhiro Irie stated himself on his blog that it'll be 63 episodes, so this one is the sure information, I think. : P
hawkflame
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Feb 24 2010, 05:31 AM) *
By the way, the director Yasuhiro Irie stated himself on his blog that it'll be 63 episodes, so this one is the sure information, I think. : P

Okay, that pretty much ends the whole "episode count" argument right there. Do you happen to have a link for that?
Qashqai
QUOTE (hawkflame @ Feb 24 2010, 03:32 PM) *
Okay, that pretty much ends the whole "episode count" argument right there. Do you happen to have a link for that?

Here is his blog.
It wasn't so exactly, though... Well, read the last entry of December, where he says he'll be checking storyboard for episode 54 and that 10 episodes left to check (that means he checked already 53 episodes, 10 are left so we have 63 in total).
Tombow
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Feb 24 2010, 11:01 AM) *
Here is his blog.
It wasn't so exactly, though... Well, read the last entry of December, where he says he'll be checking storyboard for episode 54 and that 10 episodes left to check (that means he checked already 53 episodes, 10 are left so we have 63 in total).

@Qashqai - Thank you so much for posting that link!!! ohmy.gif
Yap, read the linked entry, and confirms it. Just as Qashqai says above. So, yes, this pretty much settles it. 63 it is. smile.gif
Bag of Magic Food
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 24 2010, 03:20 AM) *
I'm not as panicked as some folks by the episode count. We'll get all of the manga story, even if they have to do a movie to finish it all. Bones isn't going to screw us.

What makes you so sure?
Broken Chouchou
They couldn't screw us, not this time around, not with this. Not just because those are my feelings, but because it wouldn't make any sense, at any level. It would be completely ridicilous if they, after 45 faithful episodes of purely serving the fans, would do something to dissapoint. I can't imagine it.
deet-tastic
His post today says, "Wednesday is a day of editing" and then added 9 episodes left.

So today they are editing episode 54.
It'll be interesting in 9 weeks when we do watch 54 to be able to say, I remember when he was editing that!!
penguintruth
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Feb 24 2010, 01:50 PM) *
They couldn't screw us, not this time around,

I don't think they screwed us the first time around, either. It's not like they intended to keep the manga's full story in the first series. tongue.gif

Some people seem to be under the impression that they're doing Brotherhood because they made a mistake with the first show, and not because they're striking while the iron is hot for another pay day.
hawkflame
QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ Feb 24 2010, 01:16 PM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 24 2010, 03:20 AM) *

What makes you so sure?

Because basically the only manga chapters that are likely in "danger" are the last few, and if they were consistent through 95% of the way and made a left turn at the last minute, it would make no sense.

Though the fact that they seem to be handling storyboards four months in advance does concern me a bit...

I'm pretty sure Arakawa's got the last few chapters down, though, at least as far as the plot. At this point it's a little too late just to "wing it" when it comes to an ending. We already know she's planned out characters and plot twists years before premiering them in the manga.
Broken Chouchou
@penguintruth - Bad formulation on my part. I meant that it would be very unlikely, when this series IS intending to follow the manga's plotline, and has been nearly all safe play from Bones part so far, that they would go bananas and do something to stray from their neatly dug fanservice path, this far in.

And, since they have already made a series which was taken in a completely different direction, I doubt they would do it again. A lot of fans were dissapointed with the first FMA anime, Bones knows that, and of course this new series is partly to please those people, to get hold of their pennies too, right?

If Bones themselves had felt that they needed to do FMA again, and do it right, instead of just cashing in some more on the franchise... well, then they would have done it right (as they in my opinion did not). Brotherhood is nothing but fanservice with a hint of underdevelopement to me, and also a smell of low production values (recession related, maybe). They're not trying to do something great here. The director of the first series was actually INTERESTED in making an anime adaption of the manga, because he thought it was good. You could feel that 'interest' and effort put in the show, something you can't with Brotherhood. Not to the same extent, at least. This is just Bones executives ordering a plate of shallow, machine-produced fanservice, to give the fans seconds and squeese the last money out of FMA. Of course this fanservice is snatching new fans of the manga as well, and possibly a bunch of people who have never been in contact with FMA previously.

But it's still just fansevice, and not a damn thing more.

Sorry for this off topic ramble. The fact that we get 63 episodes is great, and I'm not at all worried they will screw us. Because if they do, they'd only be screwing themselves.

In my opinion though, if they had gotten this series 'right', it could very well last for 70 - 80 episodes or so. Shame they didn't.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Feb 24 2010, 04:01 PM) *
QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ Feb 24 2010, 07:52 AM) *
we came to know about period after we had 4 episodes featuring GTL.........

Oh rly? I thought it was about 4 episodes before Period started. I came to know in 7th December, when one Japanese girl wrote about it on her deviantART... And I think we'll come to know something about the fifth opening on the start of March, too.

and yes....major fma forums sites had already posted the OP theme name after 4 to 5 episodes of GTL........but it doesnt matter now........FMAB FTW

QUOTE (Qashqai @ Feb 24 2010, 04:01 PM) *

if irie had that in his blog...then its almost certain......yessssssssssssssssssssssssss....im happy........

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Feb 25 2010, 04:02 AM) *
In my opinion though, if they had gotten this series 'right', it could very well last for 70 - 80 episodes or so. Shame they didn't.

and i have to admit......with the last sentence of broken chouchou
Michiyo-
The titles of the upcoming episodes are up on Wikipedia:

Ep. 48. "An Oath Made in the Underground"
"Chikadō no Chikai" (地下道の誓い)

Ep. 49. "The Love of a Parent and Child"
"Oyako no Jō" (親子の情)

Ep. 50. "Upheaval in Central"
"Sentoraru Dōran" (セントラル動乱)
rzerox21xx
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Feb 25 2010, 10:20 AM) *
The titles of the upcoming episodes are up on Wikipedia:

Ep. 48. "An Oath Made in the Underground"
"Chikadō no Chikai" (地下道の誓い)

Ep. 49. "The Love of a Parent and Child"
"Oyako no Jō" (親子の情)

Ep. 50. "Upheaval in Central"
"Sentoraru Dōran" (セントラル動乱)

wow so episode 50 will be when the mustang tachi rebellion and 49 will be the classic hoho qoute when telling pride don't insult or belittle his sons. I guessing the new opening and ending will be when ed and his group reaches central and start going underground.
Vlyse
That appears to be one chapter pacing. Are we looking at some filler? Looking forward to episode 50 in particular, that will be tons of awesomeness.
deet-tastic
Oh man. We are getting into the serious stuff. I'm so pumped for every episode, starting this saturday.
hawkflame
Wow, Brotherhood's gone by so fast, I can't believe we already have the episode title for Mustang's attack on Central. That, to me, is where I consider the "ending" to the series really begins.
Forsaken Love
I sorta considered the ending phase to be around now actually, chapter 84 was the first chapter I read monthly and thats next week, I know that was a long time ago now, but after Ed tagged up with Greed, I felt like it was coming to the final arc
Tombow
Thank you Michiyo- for the info on the upcoming episodes! ^^

I know the info is from Wiki, but judging from the past episodes, the info from this source, especially the Japanese title part, has been fairly consistently accurate, although the actual English titles may slightly vary in translations. smile.gif

----------------------------

And, adding a bit of confirmation on the already posted info about the total number of FMA: Brotherhood episodes to be 63 according to the blog entries by FMA:B director, Yasuhiro Irie, this time as posted by deet-tastic here.

(Entries related to the FMA:B episode from the above linked blog of FMA:B director)
On Feb. 24, Wed.
Today is the day for editing (of the next FMA:Brotherhood episode. NOTE: By a bit of calculation we know this one is ep 54 he is talking about. ^^)
Nine (9) more episodes left.
shanryelric
whoaaaa... it's already a year. time passed so fast T.T
wow interesting titles. "Oyako no Jou"? what's the episode about?
Mr. Deathy
I feel like being a nerd, so I've thought about how I think the episodes are going to go from now to the rest of the series, based on manga chapters and the fact the pacing needs to slow down a bit now for them to go until 63 eps.

Note, all of this is just my own estimates, so I can be a nerd later and see how close I was to being right. SPOILERS THROUGHOUT!

---

Episode 47 - Covers remainder of chapter 85, up until end of chapter 86 (Ranfan appears)

Episode 48 - I'm tempted to say it would cover up until Hohenheim joins the battle in 88, but going by titles I dunno, so I'll say to the end of 87 or the start of 88.

Episode 49 - Chapter 88 completely, first few pages of 89 (Ed putting his coat on seems like the perfect end shot)

Episode 50
Episode 51 - This is where things are tough for me as chapters 89, 90 and 91 have tons of potential cliff-hanger moments. Somehow I think between these 2 episodes they’ll get from 89 to the end of 91 though.

Episode 52 – Chapter 92 until Pride eats Kimblee in 93 probably

Episode 53 – As much as I want them to use the end of 93 as a cliffhanger, I can see this being 93 till near the end of 94

Episode 54 – Possibly end of chapter 94 until the end of 95

Episode 55 – Chapter 96 up until Father sheds his skin in 97.

Episode 56 - Chapter 97 till maybe when Fu shows up in 98

Episode 57 - Chapter 98 to end of 99, rearranged a bit, ending with Ed, Al, Izumi disappearing

Episode 58 - Chapter 100 and beginning of 101, reordered so Hawkeye still gets throat slit at end

Episode 59 - Chapter 101 - 102, maybe up all the way until the end of 102

Episode 60 - Chapter 102 -103

Episode 61 – Chapter 104 - ???

Episode 62 - ???

Episode 63 - ???

Actually doing this made me realise a problem, I cant even see how they can fit everything in before the end now! It's just I find it hard to imagine them doing 1.5 chapter pacing still because they'd end up with lots of really weird cliffhangers and cliffhanger moments wasted.

Maybe things will be a bit slower than I thought even and episode 63 will end at an earlier chapter and the rest will be a movie ending? I honestly have no idea though. It could just be my guesses are way off though.
Animeoldtimer
Ok, time for me to be a nerd too. I think it works out in the end based on your list, @Mr. Deathy. You end up at episode 61 on chapter 104 with two episodes left. Chapter 105 is coming out next week and I believe based on what is going on now in the manga it will be one of the last couple chapters. I wouldn't be surprised if the last chapter came out in June just before the last episode at the end of June. However, they may not have a new episode every week until then and that would change things. It will be interesting to see how they pull this off.

Vlyse
They might throw in a 2 chapter paced episode still here and there. There are some short/fast chapters, like 94+95 (ok maybe 1.5 here), 96+97, 98+99 and 101+102.
deet-tastic
I having trouble translating March 2nd's update
http://www5.diary.ne.jp/user/538725/
Can anyone make heads or tails of it?

Something about talking about episode 59 and Al and travellers? Seems like he's trying to decide something? I dunno.
Vlyse
My obvious guess is that episode 59 is the special Al scene.
shanryelric
whoaaaa what a great guessing on episodes!! i can't wait for episode 53, 54, and 59!!!!! curious about how they would set the time. argh, so FMA is sooo near to its end. T.T no more waiting in excitement every week and every month, then. hmmh.
but they'll manage it somehow. and BOOM, i hope they'll make the ending same as the manga. don't make it different or screw it up.
but an extra episode (like an epilogue) would be awesome, love to have one.
*cries*
rzerox21xx
check out this interesting news.

http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/30565523/

So episode 59 storyboard is based on chapter 104?!!!!
RoytheFlameAlchemist
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Mar 5 2010, 12:31 AM) *
check out this interesting news.

http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/30565523/

So episode 59 storyboard is based on chapter 104?!!!!

Wow, thats freaking fast...
No clue what they are planning
deet-tastic
That's the post I was trying to translate, but was having a hard-time.
I asked someone to translate it on another topic. All I could get out of it was something about episode 59 and Alphonse travellers.. something.
If 104 is really 59... and the series will be just 63 episodes.
We're close to being done. That's like 4 chapters left. Including 105.
Vlyse
QUOTE (RoytheFlameAlchemist @ Mar 4 2010, 09:53 PM) *
Wow, thats freaking fast...
No clue what they are planning

I don't think so. All these chapters left have a lot of fast action.

This is what it seems like to me:

Episode 48-50 (87,88,89)
Episode 51-54 (90-91.5, 91.5-92, 93-94.5, 94.5-95)
Episode 55-58 (96-97, 98-99, 100-101, 102-103)
Episode 59 (104)
Episode 60-63 (105, 106, 107, 108)

It did seem really fast at first, but if you lay it out, it's perfectly fine. I think this also counts as further evidence there are only four more chapters to the manga left.
hawkflame
Hopefully his next blogs will have some information on how he's working on adapting chapters 105 onwards. That should settle the issue of whether or not the anime will "catch up" to the manga.
Kasumisty
So it's more and more probable that the manga is going to have 108 chapters, end in July and end at the same time the anime does - which would have 63 episodes . It's kind of weird reading all of this, but time to face the facts. FMA is definately ending...I can't wait for chapter 105, I have no idea what could happen.

They must speed up a little for now, but I think no harm is done, since the chapters are mostly fights. (which will take less space than on paper)
Kyelinn
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Mar 4 2010, 10:02 PM) *
That's the post I was trying to translate, but was having a hard-time.
I asked someone to translate it on another topic. All I could get out of it was something about episode 59 and Alphonse travellers.. something.
If 104 is really 59... and the series will be just 63 episodes.
We're close to being done. That's like 4 chapters left. Including 105.

I'm sorry but I have to ask. Do you have actual proof written from Arakawa herself that the manga is going to be 108 chapters? Do you have proof from the anime writers themselves that the anime is going to be 63 episodes? I'm sorry but I just hate it when people sit there and attempt to predict that this story is going to be this amount of chapters long and the anime is going to be this amount of episodes long unless they've heard actual proof from the creators themeslves...How we do know it's going to end in July? How do we know it's only going to be 108 chapters?
deet-tastic
It's been said on the directors blog that it's 63 episodes.
Just a few weeks ago he added something along the lines of, (editing 54. 9 more left. )
Which adds to the fact that it is 63 episodes.

Now with his recent post about working on episode 59, it seems to hint at it being about 104. If 59 is 104 and there are 63 episodes, do the math and the manga should be ending at around 108.
108 is my guess. Arakawa never said 108.
shanryelric
so because after i count... there will be just 17 episodes left.. ended at 27th of june (sunday). so yes, the manga sould end at 108. 3 months left. whoa,, they did a great timing! the manga ends, and not long after that (about 17 days after the raw), The anime ends, epic, epic.
Michiyo-
I think this pic from the new Gangan should go here:
Titles and summaries up to episode 52.

Found it here.
Kasumisty
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...216&page=25 Titles up to the 51 are here. 52th episode is "Minna no chikara" (Everyone's power, so chapter 92)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.