Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Tombow
^ You're welcome! ^^

Bringing this up just once more, to remind everyone that we don't have the airing of new FMA:Brotherhood episode in Japan this week!!

They are pre-empting the FMA episode 39 this week, and instead airing some special programming: a science variety special called: "Science Extra! 'World in a Second' " that shows what happens on Earth in "one second" time period, with themes on "Water" and "Food"....it's kind of an environmentally themed show that is a part of "Think the Earth" project in Japan, according to the website page for TBS, the network that runs FMA:Brotherhood anime series.

According to TBS, the airing of FMA: Brotherhood episode in Japan will resume it's normal scheduling next week. smile.gif
zonkiethegreat
Awww.......oh well.
Disasterpiece
Damn environmentalits tongue.gif
Tombow
^ Haha, actually, I heard that the program was pretty good. ^^ And, with the FMA:Brotherhood anime storyline catching up to FMA manga fast, personally, I don't mind having the airing of FMA:B series taking a quick New Year's holiday break. biggrin.gif

Anyway, it's over and done, so... closing the thread. smile.gif

ETA: Merged the thread to Fma Series-2 Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread. ^^
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Dec 14 2009, 06:42 PM) *
They seriously 100% better not do something completely insane and end the series with an anime only ending.

Well, if they did that, and f*!@ed it all up, they (or antoher animation studio) would have to make a third adaption. And do it right that time. Third time's the charm, after all tongue.gif

Seriously though, that's just wishful thinking. Even if this series would end as a horrible failure, I don't think anyone would actually bother to, or even have it in them, to watch yet another FMA anime. The ratings would be non-existent, and there would'nt be any money in it. It'd be too late for another try, even if it would be a gloriously good one.

About the problem you brought up; I'd rather have them put the series on hiatus, and bring it up again once the manga is finished, than havin it end in an awkward place and follow it up with a movie.

The one thing that would be good with a movie (unless they just treat it like an extended episode), would be that the animation would most likely be really good. And maybe we'd get an original movie-only soundtrack.

The thing with Brotherhhood's animation, I've noticed, is that when it's good, it's REALLY good. But when they don't put so much effort into it it looks really flat, and cartoonish at times. Of course this goes for any animatinion, make effort and it'll look good, don't and it won't.

But I think with Brotherhood this is strongly associated with the visual style they've gone for. When they really put effort into it, it is especially awesome, with great colouring, realistic character designs and a lot of detail etc. Better looking than lots of anime out there. It's beautiful sometimes. But when the quality drops just a tad, it's so noticable it's depressing. There are several scenes from Brotherhood that I think are plain ugly, something that I never felt with the first series, even though animation wasn't always top knotch there neither, of course.
Qashqai
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Dec 15 2009, 01:42 AM) *
I'm starting to think it was pretty stupid of them to start a new series following the manga before it had finished. It looks like maybe they were betting on the manga being finished by chapter 100 or something.

Betting. Haha. Funny. They actually CAN talk with Arakawa, you know? They don't have to bet, they probably just asked her when and how it'll end, I mean - if Arakawa planned to end manga in May or July (107 or 108 chapters), month or two before anime ends, she surely told people who writes storyboards for anime how it'll end and all.
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Jan 5 2010, 01:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Dec 15 2009, 01:42 AM) *
I'm starting to think it was pretty stupid of them to start a new series following the manga before it had finished. It looks like maybe they were betting on the manga being finished by chapter 100 or something.

Betting. Haha. Funny. They actually CAN talk with Arakawa, you know? They don't have to bet, they probably just asked her when and how it'll end, I mean - if Arakawa planned to end manga in May or July (107 or 108 chapters), month or two before anime ends, she surely told people who writes storyboards for anime how it'll end and all.

No.

That is generally not what happens with anime and manga in Japan, the anime teams don't get inside info on future story plotpoints, otherwise there would not be the need for the massive amounts plot unrelated filler you get in shounen to keep it away from the manga. They could just ask the author for future story details or backstory so they could do it in their own way.

But they dont. They dont get future story details. Maybe the roughest hints about things but other than that no. Sometimes manga authors work with an anime team on filler arcs but it's always something that's not important to the main plot.

You know why? Because even the author of a manga doesn't know EXACTLY how things will happen until they're drawing the chapter out. Arakawa obviously has rough plans for everything in her head but she doesnt want to be fixed down to anything EXACT until she's drawn her chapters herself. What if the anime team ended up doing things roughly like how she described but then she changed her mind about how she wanted to do things when she was drawing the chapter? Then endings might end up drastically different again.

Arakawa originally had estimated FMA to be around 80 chapters I believe going by older interviews. Now she's already over 100 and still going. This anime's production probably started early in 2008 or mid way through it. At that point Arakawa might've just told the team "I'll be finished around chapter 100 or so". She wouldn't have known EXACTLY when it was going to finish and she's a busy woman and they'd be too polite to phone up every 2 weeks and ask if her plans had changed.

Remember too that Arakawa isn't going to go spilling the plot details of the finale of her story to anyone randomly either, no matter WHAT they do or what they're involved with.
A Pierrot's Aria
There's no point even debating this. The simple answer is we'll just have to wait and see because the truth is we don't know the all the facts of how everything works. For all we know they could all have something planned, whether that be taking a hiatus or the possibility of Arakawa working with them etc etc.
Qashqai
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Jan 5 2010, 08:26 PM) *
Arakawa originally had estimated FMA to be around 80 chapters I believe going by older interviews. Now she's already over 100 and still going. This anime's production probably started early in 2008 or mid way through it. At that point Arakawa might've just told the team "I'll be finished around chapter 100 or so". She wouldn't have known EXACTLY when it was going to finish and she's a busy woman and they'd be too polite to phone up every 2 weeks and ask if her plans had changed.

You are right here. She probably said so; that's why the series was planned to be 52 episodes long on the start. But then, they decided to make it longer exactly because of manga (though it isn't checked information - I just heard from one Japanese girl who is generally my main source of information about FMA XDD that it was said so, but dunno who exactly said that and everything. But rumours doesn't start without reason, right?). smile.gif
Anyway, they still didn't do all episodes, right? They'll be doing the last ones later. Arakawa might told them the ending lately - she have to know it with details already, man, it'll end within 5 chapters, right? Even checking the storyboard for the last season by director just started *knows that from director's blog*, so it's possible that they wrote it lately.
Mr. Deathy
I'm sure she knows the ending just not exactly how she'll draw every scene and all the dialogue. Also I just don't see her revealing the ending to anyone, even anime staff, only maybe close family or something. It don't think she has any obligation to and I'm sure they'd respect her decision to want to keep it secret.
Qashqai
Hm, don't you think that trying to keep it in secret would be just... stupid?
I mean, the anime will end at least a few weeks after manga. What is exactly the point of hiding it? Maybe wanting them to make an original ending? I think this is the last thing she'd want.

Well, I was reading one mangaka blog once. Kamatani Yuhki, author of Nabari no Ou. Before the anime ended she posted an entry about it. She said there that she told anime staff everything that she thought is important and how does she plan to end her manga. Why Arakawa wouldn't do so, too, especially while her manga will actually end before the anime so seeing the ending in the anime won't spoil anything (well, it would spoil it if the anime would end in April, but they lengthen it to July because of that)?

Anyways, I think that I'd agree with you if Arakawa wouldn't plan to end the manga within the next ~5 chapters and before the anime ends.

Though it's really no sense disscuting it. We'll see who was right in July XD
Mr. Deathy
Hm, don't you think that trying to keep it in secret would be just... stupid?

Episodes are worked on months in advance of airing so that would mean that a group of people would know the ending probbly months before it's in the manga.

There is always the chance it could leak somehow. Someone could slip up, it'd just be risky.

I honestly just don't see someone with such a high quality story as Arakawa risking the ending being spoiled for people before it's in the manga.
Qashqai
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Jan 6 2010, 01:02 AM) *
Episodes are worked on months in advance of airing so that would mean that a group of people would know the ending probbly months before it's in the manga.

Yeah. But let's see. There's usually like, 3-4 chapters for two episodes. So, things which left will be probably in at most three last episodes. Storyboards for them may even not be ready now. Director said that he checked storyboards only to episode 53 for 31.12.09.
There is always the chance it could leak somehow. Someone could slip up, it'd just be risky.

They're pros, not curious fans, you know. ^^,
I honestly just don't see someone with such a high quality story as Arakawa risking the ending being spoiled for people before it's in the manga.

Maybe she trusts these obssesive fans who'll spill everything out on 2chan after hearing it guys more than you. I personally totally see her telling them ending just to not destroy this awesome story with some kind of original, maybe totally s***ty or better than manga's (man I wouldn't want that), ending. XD
Ropespinner
Actually there was information loads of people seem to have taken as the truth, saying that when the first anime was being made, Arakawa told the writers how she is going to end the manga, and then told them to make the anime different (I assume because otherwise it would have spoiled the ending of the manga). I think this information can be found from the omakes of one of the manga volumes, but I don't feel like brownsing through them all to fing it. The omake was a comic couple of pages long, about the first anime.

If Arakawa told them about the ending aready back then, there's no reason she would not tell the writers of the new anime about the ending of the manga before it's published. I think that the manga will end at 108 chapters, the last chapter being published on June 12th (or maybe at 107 chapters, but that would seem like wasting a good meaningful number). If the anime ends at 63 episodes, the last episode will be published on June 27th (or, if there are more episode-less weeks like last Sunday, later than that).

The last chapter will actually be finished before the Gangan magazine is printed, however. I can't believe the deadline could be much after the first days of the month, or maybe even in the previous month. AND I would imagine that Arakawa could send the script, and maybe sketch version, of the last chapter to studio Bones, and they would do the last episode based on that. It wouldn't really have to be inked and printed for that. This way, they would have enough time to animate it, I believe.

Also, I really think that there have already been some details in Brotherhood which were seen there before the manga, such as the circle...ish city plan of Central. It was first een right in the beginning of Brotherhood, but I honestly can't remember the manga featuring it before the end of chapter 98. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Tombow
<*Attempts to do some "moderating"* ... kind of ^^ > xp

@Mr. Deathy and Qashqai - It seems to me that this particular discussion has run its course? It looks to me that what each side would like to say have been all said and done, all the available insights from both sides seem to have been already offered, and the exchange of opinions seem to be running in a circle now, if I'm not mistaken. ^^
At this point, would you like to "agree to disagree," and open the floor to "other discussions" on the future episodes of FMA:Brotherhood series?
..not that the floor has been "closed" for other discussions while you guys have been posting. Xd But, that's just another way of saying....
"would you like to give this discussion some resting time for now?" ^^

Just a suggestion. biggrin.gif

------------------

QUOTE (Ropespinner @ Jan 5 2010, 08:14 PM) *
....there have already been some details in Brotherhood which were seen there before the manga, such as the circle...ish city plan of Central. It was first een right in the beginning of Brotherhood, but I honestly can't remember the manga featuring it before the end of chapter 98. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

@Ropespinner - Wow, I didn't think about that one, (didn't catch that one XD) but that's an interesting observation! smile.gif
Mr. Deathy
Well yeah I'll wait and see what happens with the future of the series I guess. I still think the anime team works almost entirely independantly but we'll see come closer to the end of the series.
rzerox21xx
Well the names of the future episodes are up in wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_alchemist_brotherhood

episode 40 will cover honenhiem past.
hawkflame
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Jan 8 2010, 11:34 AM) *
Well the names of the future episodes are up in wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_alchemist_brotherhood

episode 40 will cover honenhiem past.

The title of episode 40 is similar to that of manga chapter 79.

So it looks like about 6-7 chapters in four episodes. Considering that these are rather short chapters (I think 74-79 are about 35 pages each) it looks like they're keeping up the nice pace of the last several episodes.
Kasumisty
Thank you. Finally, chapter 76. I have been waiting for this since the Briggs arc began and was kinda dissapointed they slowed down so much in here. Like, they were sometimes covering four chapters in one episode and now they do one, one and a half at most.

And yay for Hoho's past.. I wonder who will be the VA, what colors will they use, etc. Kinda aside from the topic, I guess we will see some of this flashback in the new opening, so can't wait.
Broken Chouchou
We can expect the new OP this sunday, right?
Tombow
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Jan 8 2010, 06:38 PM) *
We can expect the new OP this sunday, right?

Yeah, I think so. Unless I'm mistaken. ^^
We can find more discussions on the new OP on FMA:B OP/ED/OST discussion thread. biggrin.gif
Chiyo
The ever helpful Deviantart member amber1003 has some information up about episodes 41-43, though no guarenteeing their accuracy. She states she will be buying Gangan magazine today so the information will be updated soon no doubt.

Journal Here
Broken Chouchou
Young... Hohenheim... soon! I really liked this part of the manga, so I hope they made this episode epic and great and awesome. Hope they made it memorable, and not just kinda hurried by it like they have done with so many other things. It would be nice if they had some new music especially made for Xerxes. Unlikely though, seeing as there have only been two (?) young Hoho flashbacks so far in the manga. If Briggs didn't even get it's own theme, I doubt something this small would. Unless, unless, maybe, it's a Xerxes-ish character theme for Hoho, that can be used again later when he is doing epic stuff, like fighting Father? Maaaybe? Sigh... one can hope. Probably they'll just make good use of the 'standard tracks' we've been hearing so much of through the series, and perhaps, if we're lucky, throw in the 'Far East Suite', and that vocal piece from Ishbal.

Either way, I'm really excited about watching the upcoming episode biggrin.gif (dammit sunday, hurry up and get here already!).
rzerox21xx
I have a feeling that there’s going to be another clip show between ch 80 and 81. and yeah 63 been slated by different sources so there’s going to be room for another opening and ending as well snice lets see. opening ending 1 (14), 2nd (15-26 = 12) 3rd(27- 38=12) and opening 4 = (39-50 or 51 = 12-13) and opening ending 5(50-51 -63 - 12-13)

so yeah also, there possilibity of a week or 2 of not airing and the clip show which would happened usually between 2 events happening. (probably when Ed recovering, Al meeting Hoho, and Greedling betrayal. I also think that snice there been 2 ovas, more material been over. the blind alchemist(dvd 1) and simple people(dvd 5) which I notice its on each first disc of a box. I would assume the next ova for the 3rd set would be the gaiden of Roy during the Ishval war, His Battlefield Once More. 4th OVA might be Izumi trials in Briggs or the Elric Family omake when Ed was being mean to Al and Trisha had to punish him and Hoho talk to Ed while in the toilent.

Vlyse
I don't think there will be a recap episode while Ed is recovering. They won't delay the return of Ed more than the 1-2 episodes he should be gone, if he's gone at all. Episode 19 and 40 are proof of them so far not being able to handle an Ed-less episode.
ultrakevin900
Has there been any update on the episode count for this series? I know there was a rumor about 63 episodes at one point, but the way the series has been going that seems fairly unlikely. Also, does anyone know if they are going to make their own ending if they catch up to the manga too quickly?
I know these questions have probably been asked a million times, but I've been looking around the net and I have not found anything, so I figured that you folks would be the best ones to ask.
hawkflame
QUOTE (ultrakevin900 @ Jan 25 2010, 12:50 AM) *
Has there been any update on the episode count for this series? I know there was a rumor about 63 episodes at one point, but the way the series has been going that seems fairly unlikely. Also, does anyone know if they are going to make their own ending if they catch up to the manga too quickly?
I know these questions have probably been asked a million times, but I've been looking around the net and I have not found anything, so I figured that you folks would be the best ones to ask.

No official confirmed count yet, but 63 episodes seems right on the nose, actually. Especially if you consider the 1.5 chapter per episode rate that they've gone at for the last 10 episodes or so.

And I don't think they'll catch up to the manga and create their own ending. The idea that the series would be consistent 90% of the way but then crap out in another direction with 5 episodes left doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially when the objective they set out with was to tell the story of the manga.
Mr. Deathy
^ Well the fact remains though, unless Arakawa has (unlikely) provided them with DETAILED descriptions of how to animate the ending, how are they going to follow it to the end?

The animation teams will probably be animating the last episodes (with the storyboards, scripts and even voice acting probably done BEFORE this even) by like late March, seeing as 63 episodes would put the show roughly ending around June and episodes take several months to make (we only get them weekly because animation teams rotate around episodes).

By March we'll be up to like chapter 105. At this point I don't see the manga ending before chapter 108.

So there could be like 3-4 chapters they don't have time to plan the episodes for and animate before series end. Is it really likely Arakawa would have or even could have given them details for all the events in those chapters? VERY unlikely.

The only way this series is using the manga ending is if:

1) There's a break for a while and the last episodes after the manga ends (wont happen, this never happens with Shounen)
2) The manga ends within the next 2 chapters (can anyone seriously imagine this happening?)
3) Arakawa has given the studio a detailed list of everything that will happen (seeing as I doubt she knows all the EXACT PANEL & DIALOGUE specifics herself other than a brief outline, not likely)
4) The 63 episode count is wrong and it goes on longer (I don't see this either and they'd need to start slowing the pacing down now to like 1 chapter an episode)
5) There's a movie ending.

Option 5 is the only one I can see working out...but where would they break off before a movie? Also they'd have to go less than 1 chapter pacing for every episode up until 63 to end the series before chapter 100 and leave content for a movie. Is that realistic?
hawkflame
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Jan 25 2010, 07:28 PM) *
^ Well the fact remains though, unless Arakawa has (unlikely) provided them with DETAILED descriptions of how to animate the ending, how are they going to follow it to the end?

The animation teams will probably be animating the last episodes (with the storyboards, scripts and even voice acting probably done BEFORE this even) by like late March, seeing as 63 episodes would put the show roughly ending around June and episodes take several months to make (we only get them weekly because animation teams rotate around episodes).

By March we'll be up to like chapter 105. At this point I don't see the manga ending before chapter 108.

Doesn't quite work out that way, 63 episodes would end the series on June 27, assuming no breaks along the way (and that's a HUGE assumption, IMO). I'm betting it would be pushed into July with an extra week off here or there. Even a filler "recap" episode pushing it a couple of episodes past 63 wouldn't be unexpected (after all, that number is unconfirmed).

A lot of people are saying it would take to chapter 108 to wrap everything up, but I think 107 is still doable, which would end the series in the beginning of May (plus that makes for exactly two more 4 chapter tankoubon). That's a month and a half lead time minimum, and if she could supply storyboards to the animation studio even just a couple of weeks in advance of the chapter itself going to the presses I think it could all be squeezed in.

Disasterpiece
damn things are really getting down to the wire ._.

question. Are they like, releasing episodes non-stop now?
Chiyo
Just a snippet of information provided by amber1003 over on her deviantart account.

Basically it is just a cast list for the next couple of episodes. No real surprises that Ed will be back in episode 44, though I did wonder if they were going to sneak him in at the end of tomorrow's episode.
hawkflame
QUOTE (Chiyo @ Feb 6 2010, 08:11 AM) *
Just a snippet of information provided by amber1003 over on her deviantart account.

Basically it is just a cast list for the next couple of episodes. No real surprises that Ed will be back in episode 44, though I did wonder if they were going to sneak him in at the end of tomorrow's episode.

I'm hoping that's not a complete list, otherwise there's a lot of people missing from what is likely the episode with the great "Promised Day" info exchange...
Mr. Deathy
The fact 44 is seemingly going to cover up to 83 is a bad sign. That means either 2.5 chapter pacing for the next 2 eps...or 2 chapter pacing for 43 and 3 chapter pacing for 44!

Remember the days of 3 chapter pacing? That was the insanely edited Rush Valley and Izumi flashback style crap.

I seriously hope the cast list is misleading. I mean the thought of them doing a crazily paced episode at this point is very worrying. At this rate they wont even be able to stay away from the current manga before the late episode 50's.
rzerox21xx
according to wikipedia, the episode title of 44 is.

"A Full Recovery"
"Baribari no Zenkai" (バリバリの全開)
deet-tastic
Please don't let them be rushed like the Ishval episode.
I'm hoping that it will continue at a 1.5 pace, but 2.5 is pushing it.
Let's just hope they know what they are doing O_o
hawkflame
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Feb 7 2010, 02:41 AM) *
Please don't let them be rushed like the Ishval episode.
I'm hoping that it will continue at a 1.5 pace, but 2.5 is pushing it.
Let's just hope they know what they are doing O_o

At this point they cannot afford to speed up. They really can't.

If it were up to me, I'd end episode 44 with the discussion between Al and Hohenheim and the mention of "The Promised Day".
Vlyse
QUOTE (hawkflame @ Feb 7 2010, 08:08 AM) *
If it were up to me, I'd end episode 44 with the discussion between Al and Hohenheim and the mention of "The Promised Day".

That seems to be as far as they go according to the preview.
rzerox21xx
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/30148924/

The episode 44 : Tip-top condition (My translation may not be suitable, this is the same as the title of chapter 81 in Japanese.)

Al and others met Hohenheim again in Reole. Al tells Hohenheim the whole story and the fact that Ed is missing. At that time, there was Darius who draws money from Ed's account in a bank of North City. He returned straight on to a hospital in town, but the military was shadowing him on the sneak...meanwhile, Bido infiltrated to the underground in Central Command Center to seek Greed, and he stumbles across Greed who has Ling's body now.

The episode 45 : The promised day

May stopped over in Youswell which is a town in East to come back to Xing, and she is given a cordial reception. Her heart was tempestuous because she was hesitating to cast aside Amestris' people and return to her country...meanwhile, Ed and others visited Roy's hiding place to meet Al again, then they meet Ling who took back the initiative of body again. Ling tells Ed Father tries to open the door of truth in "the coming day".

The episode 46 : The looming shadow

Winry comes back home in Resembool before "The promised day", and she unexpectedly meets Ed again. Meanwhile, Al secretly visited East City with Miles, then Al is seized with the sense that his soul is drawn by his body in hideaway. Al feels uneasy about the matter that the interval which is drawn by the body is becoming shorter. Then Al is found out by Gruttony. Al tries to escape from Gruttony, but his soul is drawn to his body again, then finally Al loses consciousness.

The episode 47 : The messenger of darkness

Ed and others met Hohenheim again in the town called Kamana. Ed heard the secret of his body and the story that Father tries to open the door of truth by utilizing a solar eclipse which will happen the next day. After that, Ed tells Hohenheim Trisha's will which was asked from Pinako. The response of Hohenheim who heard it is....After a break, suddenly Al appears in front of Ed and others who try to go to Central. Ed was pleased at the reunion to Al, but Ling who is in Greed feels extraordinary sign of presence against Al.

my thoughts, I wonder if they going to do another youswell flashback like Yoki's in episode 38 but this time with May's first trip there.
Vlyse
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Feb 7 2010, 11:54 AM) *
my thoughts, I wonder if they going to do another youswell flashback like Yoki's in episode 38 but this time with May's first trip there.

Better yet, they use May's original introduction (not a flashback) as what tempts her not to leave Amestris.
hawkflame
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Feb 7 2010, 12:54 PM) *

Okay, those summaries sound much more reasonable and generally keep to the 1.5-ish chapter rate we've had so far. Hope they're accurate, cramming 81-83 into one episode would be a HUGE mistake.
A Pierrot's Aria
The episode 46 : The looming shadow

Winry comes back home in Resembool before "The promised day", and she unexpectedly meets Ed again. Meanwhile, Al secretly visited East City with Miles, then Al is seized with the sense that his soul is drawn by his body in hideaway. Al feels uneasy about the matter that the interval which is drawn by the body is becoming shorter. Then Al is found out by Gruttony. Al tries to escape from Gruttony, but his soul is drawn to his body again, then finally Al loses consciousness.

If that's got the scene that I'm thinking it has, then I can't wait to see this one! =P Heheh!
deet-tastic
Phew, k. Not as worried about the cramming now. Oh please let them keep in Ed and Winry in 46. That is one of my favorite funny moments. biggrin.gif And it's just in 3 weeks. Sweet!
Hyperthia
QUOTE (FullMetalFist @ Feb 10 2010, 02:35 PM) *
......I have not read this far into the manga though so hopefully it gets better. The timing of things in this show is a little weird but overall I am enjoying myself. Does anyone know how many episodes there will be when the series ends?

I heard that it's slotted for 63 episodes.
FullMetalFist
If that's the case, is the manga over as well. If not then what happens when they get to episode 63?
hawkflame
QUOTE (FullMetalFist @ Feb 13 2010, 03:19 PM) *
If that's the case, is the manga over as well. If not then what happens when they get to episode 63?

The manga is certainly coming to an end within a few chapters.
Hyperthia
If the anime catches up to the manga, which is unlikely, they will just have to postpone production. Or maybe even make a movie out of the last chapters... Who knows.
penguintruth
That long-arse battle against Pride is getting closer. Let's hope they don't skimp on the animation, at least.

Don't get so paranoid about the series catching up with the manga. It'll probably work out in the end.
Mr. Deathy
^It really is hard not to get paranoid.

As of episode 44 they're now roughly 23 chapters behind the manga. At an average pace of 1.5 chapters an episode, that gives them around 15 episodes to be caught up to chapter 104 ( at episode 59) the TV broadcast getting there at the end of May, assuming no breaks.

By that point there will be 3 more chapters out but I think it takes a good few months to make episodes, so this is where the problem occurs, as it's likely they'll have animation teams lined up to animate the final episodes before the final manga chapters are out.

They'll probably be ready to storyboard the last episodes of the series soon if they haven't already started, yet just now they'll have a complete blank for what the ending is going to be.

I mainly worry because I think the studios have to stick by a production schedule that the executives set probably, even if it means compromising the source material. Money doesn't grow on trees after all and time is money.
penguintruth
It's possible Arakawa already has the final chapter done, you know.
hawkflame
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Feb 14 2010, 09:03 PM) *
It's possible Arakawa already has the final chapter done, you know.

Hell, didn't she tell the animators of the first series the whole story just so they know what not to do and won't spoil the rest of the manga?

This is the woman who specifically made Havoc a smoker from the start of the series just so she could pay it off with the scene where Mustang uses his lighter against Lust, some 30-odd chapters later. She maps out in advance like crazy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.