Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
mellulah
Actually remember that one of thoose higher ups was actually Envy in disguise, (as the one with the creepy eyes hidden by his glasses) and he orginally gave Kimblee the stone with the military knowing about it. When they ask him to give it back he kills everyone in the room except from Envy who emerges from the rubble because he's immortal and all that jazz. One of the had to be Envy because they where the only ones in the room and he was the only one to come out after Kimblee blew it up.

So it was the homunculi handing them out in the military and I believe this would be how Issac got his.
Michiyo-
amber1003 from Deviantart translated the summaries of the upcoming episodes:

The episode 32 : "The son of the Fuhrer"

Roy meets Grumman in front of Hughes's grave in secret. Roy tells the whole story to Grumman and tries to get the cooperation of him. Meanwhile, Armstrong visits Ed who absolutely find nothing about May's whereabouts, and tells May went to the north. Then Major passes the autograph introduction and bids Ed to meet General of Briggs' fort as soon as possible if arriving the north.

The episode 33 : "The north wall in Briggs"

Kimblee and search party go to the west to seek Scar and Marco. Kimblee guesses Scar went to the north through the west. On the night, Kimblee appears in front of Scar who lies hidden in the freight vehicle. Kimblee and Scar - the fateful meeting again since Ishval battle -. Scar's anger quickly hits a peak due to face the person who killed his big brother, and -.

The episode 34 : " The ice queen"

Ed and Al finally arrive Briggs. They tell their process and purpose that they came here to Olivier who is the leader there and ask to cooperate to find May. Then Ed and Al help the jobs in the fork until finding May, and they hear about Olivier's personality and the commandment of "jungle law" which controls the fork from Miles who is the aide of Olivier.

The episode 35 : "The form of this country"

Olivier and others begin the counter offensive with "Briggs-style" against Sloth who is homunculus and assailed. It was surprising way which harnessed Briggs' climate which makes everything freeze. The next day, Ed and Al tell Olivier the truth in the underground tunnel which is caved by Sloth. They find the grotesqueness of this country's whole shebang during talking together.

Source: http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/28300519/
amestris_star
Thanks for that info Michiyo, these are really gonna be eps to look forward to! smile.gif
ShadowCat17
hmmm...so why is the episode called "The Son of the Fuhrer" if nothing significant happens w/ Selim?
penguintruth
Why does it take so long for Ed and Al to get to Briggs? They should be there by the end of the next episode, if not the next.
Mr. Deathy
I'm surprised they wont get till the Sloth fight until 35, but then have the fight and the following conversation in one episode. Their pacing is all over the place now, I'd rather the next eps were a bit faster and then there was a whole episode just for the Sloth stuff (since it's awesome). Instead I guess it'll be the first half of 35.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Nov 12 2009, 03:05 PM) *
Why does it take so long for Ed and Al to get to Briggs? They should be there by the end of the next episode, if not the next.

Personally I think that's a good thing. Remember when Ed was dragged out to the Xerxes ruins in the "far" desert? (referring to the anime). They arrived there like five minutes after they decided to make the trip. It just didn't feel very realistic. If I remember right, with the manga as resource material, the ruins were located in the middle of the desert, equally far away from Amestris as from Xing. So then how the F did it seem like it was just a coffe break away, by horseback? I imagined it'd be more of a journey to make such a long trip. Not something you do in an hour or two.

So, by having it take two or three whole episodes for Ed and Al to arrive at Briggs, which is located at the most northern point of the country, suddenly makes it feel more plausible.

(Granted, the Xerxes thing was back in the days when every other episode seemed awfully rushed. So I know why it happens so fast. But in regards to the story and the unverse, that was like a major time skip. IMO, of course.)

Anyway, looking forward to the Briggs arc. It'll be great to see what they've done with it. You guys realize that it is the second final big story arc, right? It's only Briggs, then back to Central again for some fighting, a little plotting and then the big showdown. Unless I'm forgetting something here. Oh, a little Resembool in between there. But that's about it (I think?).
heartwing713
Anyone know when the episode with Pride and Hawkeye is?
hawkflame
QUOTE (heartwing713 @ Nov 13 2009, 10:15 PM) *
Anyone know when the episode with Pride and Hawkeye is?

Looks like it will be episode 36 at this rate.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Nov 13 2009, 10:07 AM) *
Personally I think that's a good thing. Remember when Ed was dragged out to the Xerxes ruins in the "far" desert? (referring to the anime). They arrived there like five minutes after they decided to make the trip. It just didn't feel very realistic. If I remember right, with the manga as resource material, the ruins were located in the middle of the desert, equally far away from Amestris as from Xing. So then how the F did it seem like it was just a coffe break away, by horseback? I imagined it'd be more of a journey to make such a long trip. Not something you do in an hour or two.

So, by having it take two or three whole episodes for Ed and Al to arrive at Briggs, which is located at the most northern point of the country, suddenly makes it feel more plausible.

But look at volume 16 of the manga (which I'm holding right now). There really isn't much between where episode 31 left off in that volume and Ed and Al arriving at the Briggs base. Are they really going to stretch that little out over two episodes? I don't really think it's enough for two episodes. And if there's going to be added filler material, they should have gone through the trouble of making the Ishbal flashback two episodes.

Brotherhood can have some weird pacing at times, speeding through things it shouldn't and slowing down when it should be brisk.
Vlyse
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Nov 14 2009, 07:22 PM) *
But look at volume 16 of the manga (which I'm holding right now). There really isn't much between where episode 31 left off in that volume and Ed and Al arriving at the Briggs base. Are they really going to stretch that little out over two episodes? I don't really think it's enough for two episodes. And if there's going to be added filler material, they should have gone through the trouble of making the Ishbal flashback two episodes.
Brotherhood can have some weird pacing at times, speeding through things it shouldn't and slowing down when it should be brisk.

The preview for ep 32 I saw Bradley with Selim and then Scar in a tunnel..?
Kyelinn
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Nov 13 2009, 10:07 AM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Nov 12 2009, 03:05 PM) *

You sure do complain a lot...

Can't we just be happy that we're like at least GETTING the episodes? I mean hell, they might have not even decided to turn the manga into an anime. We should consider ourselves lucky we're at least getting that much...

That being said, I'm getting VERY excited that the Briggs arcs are finally coming up. I can't wait to see Olivia (I refuse to call her Olivier, it sounds all masculine like Oliver or something) and the crew. I can't wait to see Winry confront Scar, fix his wound, the 'pretend' hostage and yeah. Sorry, getting a little over my head here. laugh.gif I'm just glad we're finally making our way into it.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Nov 14 2009, 11:49 PM) *

Can't we just be happy that we're like at least GETTING the episodes? I mean hell, they might have not even decided to turn the manga into an anime. We should consider ourselves lucky we're at least getting that much...

I would have been just fine having the manga and the first series. If they're going to do a proper adaptation of the former, then they should at least do it right.

They smooshed my favorite volume of the manga, volume 15, into a single episode, but they're going to drag out parts that are less impactful or vital? Is that making a good adaptation of the source?
Forsaken Love
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Nov 15 2009, 08:19 AM) *
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Nov 14 2009, 11:49 PM) *

I would have been just fine having the manga and the first series. If they're going to do a proper adaptation of the former, then they should at least do it right.

They smooshed my favorite volume of the manga, volume 15, into a single episode, but they're going to drag out parts that are less impactful or vital? Is that making a good adaptation of the source?

I agree in that I'm a little put out they didnt do it 'perfectly' but I'd rather this adaptation than none at all, even though i watched anime1 before the manga, I hated it, imo its awful and even though brotherhood isnt doing the manga justice, its far superior by just following a storyline that makes scense _ And its really nice to see the scenes they've done well, I mean come on if you don't like it, don't watch it, simple, theres no point in picking the series to pieces its not gonna exactly make it any better, if you're happy with the manga and first anime just stick with them
Kyelinn
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Nov 15 2009, 02:19 AM) *

Alright, then if that's the case why are you even bothering watching this show? I don't get it... You're a very confusing individual.

Volume 15 might've been your favourite, but it may not have been everyone else's or as popular OR as important as the others. *shrugs* I think for the people who haven't read the manga and don't want to read it, the whole story is following along just fine and as Forsaken Love stated, it's far superior to the 1st anime series any day. They never said this series would be a strict manga adaptation, so you should expect different bumps, pot holes and turns. It makes it more creative instead of just following along and doing the exact same thing panel after panel over and over again. At least that's how I see it.
Broken Chouchou
But look at volume 16 of the manga (which I'm holding right now). There really isn't much between where episode 31 left off in that volume and Ed and Al arriving at the Briggs base.

Meh, maybe you're right. I went to investigate, and there isn't that much at all. We see Ed in the library, and then 20 pages later (which contains the Scar - Kimblee fight) they're already in the north.

And I do agree with that if they pull a filler on us, they could have, and should have, given us a longer, more in depth Ishval flashback instead.

<Please head for Character name discussions thread for further discussion of the topic below. :)
~ Board staff>
OT:
@Kyelinn: Isn't it Oliviera, with an a at the end? I know I've seen that spelling around at least. Maybe it isn't the correct one, but it does sound more feminine. And better =P
penguintruth
I realize it doesn't need to be a 1:1 adaptation. I like the show and I don't mind some of the extra material so much itself, but when they sacrifice the real material for that material it's ridiculous.

As for it being better than the first series, I disagree. That's a different subject altogether, by the way.
hawkflame
I just found this reaction to episode 32 by a non-manga reader on another forum:

"imo not a really important ep. selim is important , but i dont think he will play a big role though."

Can't wait to see their reaction in about, oh, four episodes or so. smile.gif

<Please head for Character name discussions thread for further discussion of the topic below. :)
~ Board staff>
OT:
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Nov 15 2009, 09:51 AM) *
@Kyelinn: Isn't it Oliviera, with an a at the end? I know I've seen that spelling around at least. Maybe it isn't the correct one, but it does sound more feminine. And better =P

I've only seen Olivier, but believe it's pronounced the french way, or like "Sir Laurence Olivier".
Tezrath
"imo not a really important ep. selim is important , but i dont think he will play a big role though."

Can't wait to see their reaction in about, oh, four episodes or so. smile.gif

lol--I always love finding the non-manga-readers commentary sites. Especially about scenes that I find '[facepalm] forshadowing much?' that they actually don't see through. wink.gif
Mr. Deathy
Just noticed the preview of episode 34 has a bunch of Sloth scenes. Kind of different from what the episode titles suggested (didn't sound like the fight would happen until 35)

I assume the random slow pacing was very temporary and from 34 onwards it'll boost back up again for a while.
Tombow
<Program Note>

Before we go deeper with discussions on "General Armstrong's first name" on this thread...
Allow me to redirect everyone with this discussion to: Character name discussions thread. smile.gif

@archronos - Your post with "Olivier/Olivia/Oliviera" discussion was moved to Character name discussions thread.
Everyone with more posts on "Olivier/Olivia/Oliviera as Major General Armstrong's first name" discussion, please continue this on Character name discussions thread. smile.gif
rzerox21xx
check out this bit of info. looks like they are going back in the ishbal flashback I hope.

http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/28646713/
Mr. Deathy
I seriously doubt that. It just sounds like they'll have added flashback lines to Isaac's dialogue during the "shape of this country" scenes in the tunnel.
shanryelric
i can't wait until it reach book 19's episode!!!! when ed stabbed in the stomach by a huge stick of steel, and when the chimeras help him to take it off he screams a lot, i want to hear how ed screams hehe. should b very sexy, ne?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

i love Brotherhood MORE MORE MORE than the first anime. hope this one dont go off the manga path.
Forsaken Love
^shouldnt that have a spoiler tag? But i'm lookin so forward to that part too!
penguintruth
I wouldn't mind a little more Isaac, if just to hear Kouchi Yamadera again.
Mr. Deathy
In relation to stuff to look forward to, personally I can't wait to see how the anime handles The Selim reveal

The fact they added in those extra Selim scenes makes it seem like they want to seriously play it up, since it's one of the few huge "twist" character moments that wasn't in the original anime
Vlyse
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Dec 3 2009, 07:08 PM) *
In relation to stuff to look forward to, personally I can't wait to see how the anime handles The Selim reveal

The fact they added in those extra Selim scenes makes it seem like they want to seriously play it up, since it's one of the few huge "twist" character moments that wasn't in the original anime

I'm looking forward to that, too.

I'm guessing 37 or 38. Can't wait for next week when more episode titles will probably be revealed to give more insight on which episode it exactly will be in. I wonder if they will cut it off like in the manga or do the whole scene in one episode, too.
Andie
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Dec 3 2009, 08:19 PM) *
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Dec 3 2009, 07:08 PM) *

I'm looking forward to that, too.

I'm guessing 37 or 38. Can't wait for next week when more episode titles will probably be revealed to give more insight on which episode it exactly will be in. I wonder if they will cut it off like in the manga or do the whole scene in one episode, too.

About that, and echoing many comments about the music I really hope they'll use new soundtracks for that particular scene and Pride's attack in the tunnel. I feel none of the songs used so far in the anime could fit those scenes and make them absolutely creepy as hell.

(I've been waiting since the beginning of the anime to see this, please pretty please make this awesome, FMA:B people!)
Mr. Deathy
No new titles yet? With 35 airing today we don't have any upcoming titles just now.
Michiyo-
@Mr. Deathy:Next episode's title is "Family Portrait", it's also the title of chapter 68.
As for upcoming episode titles: monthly Japanese magazines, like Newtype used to reveal the titles. I think Newtype comes out around the 9th or 10th of each month, so we'll know the episode titles next week.
Mr. Deathy
About the next episode, I seriously hope they have new music for the Pride tunnel scene.

That has the potential to be creepy as hell and probably freak anime-only people out. I can't see any of the current OST tracks doing the job properly though. If they use that one they use for homonculus appearing sometimes (when Sloth was digging in 34) it'll suck.
Kasumisty
I was browsing through Wikipedia and stumbled upon new episodes' titles:

36 "Family Portrait"
"Kazoku no Shōzō" (家族の肖像)

37 "The Original Homunculus"
"Hajimari no Homunkurusu" (始まりの人造人間)

38 "Clash in Baschool"
"Bazukūru no Gekitō" (バズクールの激闘)

39 "Daydream"
"Hakuchū no Yume" (白昼の夢)

They're not sourced, but I checked the ANN site and they have the same titles, exept the last one. I see they're really slowing down. And what the hell is "Baschool"?
Michiyo-
Thanks for the news, Kasumisty! biggrin.gif I can't wait to see ep. 37. ^^

And what is Baschool?
Ropespinner
Baschool is the abandoned village in Briggs, where Scar jois the good guys and later Ed gets impaled (spoilers from the manga.)
hawkflame

Thanks for the titles! Yeah, can't wait for 37. The sound of the collective jaw dropping for the Pride reveal should be quite loud.

Can't quite make out what an episode with the title "Daydream" would be about. Certainly doesn't quite fit the events of chapters 79/80, which is where it would be placed.
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (hawkflame @ Dec 10 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Thanks for the titles! Yeah, can't wait for 37. The sound of the collective jaw dropping for the Pride reveal should be quite loud.

Can't quite make out what an episode with the title "Daydream" would be about. Certainly doesn't quite fit the events of chapters 79/80, which is where it would be placed.

79/80??? Are you kidding? What made you think that?

It's the title of chapter 73. Episode 38 will be 71 and 72.

The subject matter of Daydream is Al in the blizzard.
Vlyse
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Dec 10 2009, 03:16 PM) *
I was browsing through Wikipedia and stumbled upon new episodes' titles:

I also noticed there was no episode January 3. Anyone know why?
BirdieNumNum
Looks like the Pride reveal is coming a bit sooner than I thought.

BONES have really slowed things down the last few episodes. I wonder if Arakawa has got in touch with them and told them to slow down so they don't catch up to the manga.
hawkflame
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Dec 10 2009, 08:14 PM) *
QUOTE (hawkflame @ Dec 10 2009, 06:09 PM) *

79/80??? Are you kidding? What made you think that?

It's the title of chapter 73. Episode 38 will be 71 and 72.

The subject matter of Daydream is Al in the blizzard.

You're absolutely right, I was getting chapter numbers confused. For some reason I had it in my head that the Pride reveal was chapter 74...
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Dec 10 2009, 09:04 PM) *

BONES have really slowed things down the last few episodes. I wonder if Arakawa has got in touch with them and told them to slow down so they don't catch up to the manga.

I don't think it's anything like that, I mean they wouldn't even need Arakawa to tell them that, it's kind of obvious.

I think it's more like...in the early stages, I don't think they had a confirmed episode count. Maybe there was a chance they might still have been aiming to do it in 52 episodes? That would explain how ridiculous the pacing was.

Now there's the seemingly confirmed episode count of 63 episodes (going by that supposedly trustworthy person on deviantart who always has news). It's possible that was only confirmed for the animators after they'd realised ending in 52 episodes was impossible because the manga wouldn't be finished by then.

A 63 episode series can allow them to do 1.5 chapter pacing from here on out and still finish roughly around when the manga does (assuming the manga finishes within 5 chapters).

People should remember one thing, they DO have to work with set episode counts in mind though, they can't just keep adding another episode on. Making these episodes is an expensive process and part of a business model. They need to be budgeted and planned in advance. That's why if they have a 63 episode limit, even if they were going to pass the manga, they'd probably have to finish the series by then whether they wanted to or not. Permission for extra time and money isn't going to come from higher up bosses just because the animation staff might want it.
Turdaewen
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Dec 12 2009, 04:03 PM) *
QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Dec 10 2009, 09:04 PM) *

I don't think it's anything like that, I mean they wouldn't even need Arakawa to tell them that, it's kind of obvious.

I think it's more like...in the early stages, I don't think they had a confirmed episode count. Maybe there was a chance they might still have been aiming to do it in 52 episodes? That would explain how ridiculous the pacing was.

Now there's the seemingly confirmed episode count of 63 episodes (going by that supposedly trustworthy person on deviantart who always has news). It's possible that was only confirmed for the animators after they'd realised ending in 52 episodes was impossible because the manga wouldn't be finished by then.

A 63 episode series can allow them to do 1.5 chapter pacing from here on out and still finish roughly around when the manga does (assuming the manga finishes within 5 chapters).

People should remember one thing, they DO have to work with set episode counts in mind though, they can't just keep adding another episode on. Making these episodes is an expensive process and part of a business model. They need to be budgeted and planned in advance. That's why if they have a 63 episode limit, even if they were going to pass the manga, they'd probably have to finish the series by then whether they wanted to or not. Permission for extra time and money isn't going to come from higher up bosses just because the animation staff might want it.

Yes... you're absolutely right! It's just plain stupid to think that Bones has done because 'they don't know how to pace an anime'. They must have had a hundred reasons to have paced the way they paced before and DEFINITELY, Arakawa probably has little to do with it: that's a producer's decision. One of the reasons I'm pretty certain is that: they want to give more emphasis to this part of the story, which requires bigger and longer explanations than the beginning.

But also, I don't think they slowed the pace because they got confirmed an extension: they only got that extension because, when they first started, Arakawa's 'due to finish' the manga was the end of the year. But when she had to review and say she would end the manga by spring, they had to recalculate so that the anime ended after the manga, therefore, adding a few more chapters. Of course that might have affected the pacing of the episodes as well, but I also think they planned to 'slow it down' once they got to a certain part of the story.

Even because, the animation is not done as 'closely' to the time it airs on TV: there are MONTHS difference between the animation and the airing, so they were probably already working on these episodes airing right now by July.

It's easy to criticize, but it's nice to think a little before we say things that might be injust to people who are working HARD to make this anime as good as they can.
Tombow
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Dec 10 2009, 05:20 PM) *
And what is Baschool?

As Ropespinner has posted, that's the abandoned mine near Briggs where Scar and the gang are hiding, and Kimbley takes the search party there and.... you know the rest if you read manga, and if not you will see when you watch the episode. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Vlyse @ Dec 10 2009, 11:17 PM) *
I also noticed there was no episode January 3. Anyone know why?

My guess is that they are probably having some "New Year special" programming? In Japan, New Year is one of the biggest holidays, and they cerebrate it longer than just 12 midnight on Jan. 1. I think a large number of companies give the first three days of the year as off days (and it falls on weekend for 2010 anyway) and they usually have lots of New Year special programming on TV during the first three days also. I have to check Japanese TV guide to see what's pre-empting that day's airing, but that's my guess. ^^
Jealous Rogo
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Dec 13 2009, 05:39 AM) *
Yes... you're absolutely right! It's just plain stupid to think that Bones has done because 'they don't know how to pace an anime'. They must have had a hundred reasons to have paced the way they paced before and DEFINITELY, Arakawa probably has little to do with it: that's a producer's decision. One of the reasons I'm pretty certain is that: they want to give more emphasis to this part of the story, which requires bigger and longer explanations than the beginning.

But also, I don't think they slowed the pace because they got confirmed an extension: they only got that extension because, when they first started, Arakawa's 'due to finish' the manga was the end of the year. But when she had to review and say she would end the manga by spring, they had to recalculate so that the anime ended after the manga, therefore, adding a few more chapters. Of course that might have affected the pacing of the episodes as well, but I also think they planned to 'slow it down' once they got to a certain part of the story.

Even because, the animation is not done as 'closely' to the time it airs on TV: there are MONTHS difference between the animation and the airing, so they were probably already working on these episodes airing right now by July.

It's easy to criticize, but it's nice to think a little before we say things that might be injust to people who are working HARD to make this anime as good as they can.

I essentially just want to say 'here, here' to everything you just said but I'd also like to chime in and point out that if they hadn't sped through the first few volumes like many say they have (I didn't think the pacing was all that terrible to be honest) then the series would probably have only die hard fans watching it atm, as many more casual fans maybe not aware of the manga's story, would become bored at seeing the same thing they saw in the first series.

Despite a little weirdness a few weeks back around volume 15/16, the pacing has been fairly consistant and it's definately hit a good groove now.

So let's just sit back and enjoy biggrin.gif
hawkflame
QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Dec 14 2009, 04:18 AM) *
I essentially just want to say 'here, here' to everything you just said but I'd also like to chime in and point out that if they hadn't sped through the first few volumes like many say they have (I didn't think the pacing was all that terrible to be honest) then the series would probably have only die hard fans watching it atm, as many more casual fans maybe not aware of the manga's story, would become bored at seeing the same thing they saw in the first series.

Despite a little weirdness a few weeks back around volume 15/16, the pacing has been fairly consistant and it's definately hit a good groove now.

So let's just sit back and enjoy biggrin.gif

Also with the plot becoming more dominant from this point on, there's a lot less to cut anyway, so the pacing should mirror the pacing of the manga. If the rumored 63 episodes is true, that's a very comfortable 1.5 chapters per episode from here on out, assuming the manga ends at around 107.
Mr. Deathy
The big problem is going to be if the manga doesn't end at 107 latest (and people have suggested it might end at 108 due to meanings associated with that number)

108 means 6 more chapters, ending in June next year. If the 63 episode rumour is true, that is roughly around when the anime will end, or only weeks before it! (if there was no breaks between now and then it would end on June 20th. If there are breaks it'll end some time in July or August)

That presents a problem since episodes are being worked on months in advance and I think they're generally completed about about a month- a month in a half in advance of airing on TV. For the anime not to have a problem, the manga would ideally be finished like 3-4 months before the anime does.

At this rate I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen. Perhaps the best scenario would be if they slowed the pacing down a little bit more even and ended 63 at a point where the climax is about to begin and then cover the rest of the ending in a movie. Something like that?

I'm starting to think it was pretty stupid of them to start a new series following the manga before it had finished. It looks like maybe they were betting on the manga being finished by chapter 100 or something.

They seriously 100% better not do something completely insane and end the series with an anime only ending. I wish they could just delay the last episodes by a few weeks or something but I think the studios have agreements with the TV stations for a specific number of episodes to air by a specific schedule and only the TV station decides when breaks happen.
Tombow
~ [Reminder] Preempting Of Ep 39 for Jan. 3 Sunday, and 30 Min Delay for Ep 38 ~

Sorry for the late notice!! Just found out this. ohmy.gif (Much thanks to those who posted this news on "FMA news" thread!! ^^)

Apparently, the news on official Brotherhood anime JP site (dated Dec. 25, 2009) says that there will be change of airtime for episode 38 on Sunday Dec. 27, 2009.

There will be 30 minutes delay, and ep 38 will be airing starting 5:30 PM (Japanese time) in Japan.

-------

Also, according to the same news page, for next week, there will be no airing of episode 39 on Sunday Jan. 3, 2010.
It got pre-empted by special New Year/Winter holiday programming in Japan.

Episode 39 will air on Sunday Jan. 10, 2010, regular airtime (5:00 PM Japanese time) in Japan.

This thread will be merged to Where to watch episode thread or Fma Series-2 Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread later, but meantime, please feel free to add your posts here. ^^
penguintruth
Oh, I was wondering, since I tuned in to TBS and some other anime is playing. I wonder what it is, it looks kind of funny.
Tombow
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Dec 27 2009, 04:02 AM) *
Oh, I was wondering, since I tuned in to TBS and some other anime is playing. I wonder what it is, it looks kind of funny.

It's a Special Winter holiday programming, and the Japanese title is "「夢をかなえるゾウ」 (Yume wo kanaeru zou = "The elephant that can make your dream come true ..it is a some sort of guardian angel kind of thingy with some magical power???..".. or something like that. ^^.)
It is an anime movie based on the best seller fiction of the same title, by Keiya Mizuno, that sold 1,700,000 copies....according to TBS, the TV channel. biggrin.gif
penguintruth
Thanks for the information. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.