Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
thunderbreak
credits to baidu and poster.:http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=639698590
telebi magazine

Michiyo-
Wow, an awesome scene from an upcoming episode!

Thanks for it, thunderbreak! biggrin.gif

Womie
Wow, awesome! I can't wait for this episode! ;D And thank you very much, thunderbreak!
kkg22104
@thunderbreak: OMG, Gluttony's stomach is coming up! ohmy.gif Thanks for the pics!!
Forsaken Love
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! you know what is coming up sooooon! oh my GAAAAAAAAAAAWD! thanks for those pics!
Jen_Elric
Yep, those pics are from "that" part! You can tell from Ed's clothes. wink.gif
Thanks for the pics!
rzerox21xx
QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Sep 6 2009, 06:16 PM) *
Yep, those pics are from "that" part! You can tell from Ed's clothes. wink.gif
Thanks for the pics!

Wow, they are actually going to change Ed's clothes. I thought they were going to still have him with the same outfit with the collar inside gluttony stomach hahahaha. I'm glad they are doing that.
amestris_star
Thanks for those pics!

I'm currently re-reading that part of the story, so, it's awesome to know! smile.gif
Michiyo-
Duckroll posted the titles of the upcoming episodes on AnimeSuki Forum:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p...p;postcount=405
amestris_star
That means that 23 will be related to Riza and RanFan I suppose. 24 is obvious what it's about... while 25 and 26 will be all about Volume 13 I suppose.
kkg22104
Ooh thanks for that Michiyo-!

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Sep 7 2009, 01:30 PM) *
That means that 23 will be related to Riza and RanFan I suppose.

And maybe Mei? tongue.gif

I hope they make Gluttony's stomach really epic! And then the Briggs arc comes closer...wow they're moving fast.
rzerox21xx
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 7 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Ooh thanks for that Michiyo-!

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Sep 7 2009, 01:30 PM) *
That means that 23 will be related to Riza and RanFan I suppose.

And maybe Mei? tongue.gif

I hope they make Gluttony's stomach really epic! And then the Briggs arc comes closer...wow they're moving fast.

I was hoping it would go to hiatus after 26 which ends with reunion with Father I guess however, snice the 3rd opening been annouced, I guess it will keep going. Who knows, maybe Arkawa will give the anime staff the ending and release it at the same time. I just hope. I really enjoying the series despite its flaws so I hoping it would go around this.

first set with Opening and Ending, episode 1-14 manga 1-8

second set with 2nd opening and ending episode 15 -26 or somewhere near 30. volume 8-14

3rd set with the 3rd opening and ending will cover flashback hopefully, Briggs and Hoho's past. episodes late 20s or 30 to 45 coverine manga volume 15- 20

4th set with a 4th opening and ending probably be the final set of episodes cover the rest of the series with final battles with episode the numbers late 40s to early or mid 50s, covering volume 21 = 25ish or more.

Atleast I would see it.
amestris_star
Episode 25 summary up:

http://www.hagaren.jp/about/story02.html#story05
Mr. Deathy
Any info on titles for 27- onwards?
thunderbreak
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Oct 5 2009, 04:47 AM) *
Any info on titles for 27- onwards?

i read it somewhere that this ep is on father,notsure it's NFan or animesuki
Mindy
This is from ~amber1003's DA account (which many of you might be watching) and she has posted reliable FMA information in the past. Thought I would share the latest! Sorry if this is repeating anything, too~

Bradley's past story in ep 26 (which we know now)
Father will appear in ep 28

(In Amber's original words)
"According to Japanese TV magazine, the summary of episode 27 seems to be as follows.

A festival is held in a certain village, and Hohenheim silently stared at it. Then Pinako comes with bringing alcohol, and they talk about this nation's course and the journey of Ed and Al with drinking. When the festival was coming to an end, a girl appears in front of Hohenheim. Then the sight around them is twisting little by little...

This is completely anime's original story though, I guess it'll be the story of Hohenheim's dream or something when he rode on the caravan.
Otherwise, present Hohenheim and young Pinako can't talk about the journey of brothers....And I guess this girl is young Trisha.
The second season substantively will be end with the episode 26, so the title of the episode 27 is "The banquet of an interval" to connect the episode 28, the third season, I think.
Also I expect to be inserted the story of taking family photo before his departure and "Bonus' Elric Family"!! "

Finally, the character songs of Ling and RanFan will be released in December 9th. (END QUOTE)
Tombow
Thank you, Mindy, and thunderbreak and amestris_star and Michiyo- and everyone for bringing awesome info!! Much appreciated! happy.gif
Forsaken Love
i thought id be pissed of at the anime only stuff (ONLY due to the fact of previous scene skipping) but this weeks episode was just so amazing i cant hate BONES for anything right now xD and am therefore actually pretty looking forward to seeing what they do, and i REALLY hope the elric family omake is in there cause i just love that side story XD thanks so much for the info Mindy-san!
Radadinator
Thanks for the info Mindy! :]

I actually like the idea of a filler for the next episode. Doesn't look like it'll do anything do advance the current arc, but it looks more like a chance to get in some development on Hoho and Trisha. And hopefully kid Ed and Al if they include the Elric family omake thing. Also wouldn't mind if the little girl is Trisha. Hoho doesn't have to fall in love with her right then, maybe just note her, and then really fall in love with her when she gets older. And it sort of emphasizes the fact he can't age.
Becca-chan
I have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing episode 27...the preview of it intrigued me and I honestly don't mind if it's a filler episode at all.

Also, count me in as another person who doesn't mind if the little girl that we see there is Trisha as a little kid; I think that it's actually a rather cute addition if there's a possibilty that he might of known her since she was young.

As for the line in the manga about him swooning when he first met her...how do we know that's not just a fan-created line in the translation? a person can swoon at many things and it doesn't just have to be the love-kind of swooning.
( Although him saying that he 'totally swooned' was rather sweet XD )

Although... I know in that Amber girl's journal she mentioned something about the thing with the dance, young Pinako and the little girl as being part of a dream... and now that I think of it, it is pretty suspicious.

Notice how you see you see younger Father in what could possibly of been the transmutation of Xerxes.
And couple that with the fact that the villager's seem to be dancing in the formation of a circle.
Little Trisha ( if that is her, of course) then appears to hold out her hand towards Hohenheim, most possibly wanting him to dance in the circle with her.

Do you get the feeling that if what we see in the preview *is* a dream, what's the betting that it's going to turn into some kind of nightmare resembling the transmutation of the entire Xerxes population?

But that's just a thought that went through my head while I was looking at the preview for episode 27, I don't know for sure if that's what will actually happen in the episode. ^^;
If it did though...that is some pretty harrowing foreshadowing! O.O;
kkg22104
Quote from Kaleidoscope in the FMA2 News thread. Thanks for the info happy.gif

QUOTE (Kaleidoscope @ Oct 9 2009, 07:07 PM) *
Looks like the new episode titles are up:

28: Father
29: The Fool's Struggle
30: The Ishval Annihilation Campaign
31: The Promise Made For 520 Cenz

Hmm, hope they cover some of Ishval in Episode 29 or 31 as well as 30. Though with all they've covered already, they might just cram it into one episode.

Also for some reason the fact that they're making the 520 cenz bit an episode title gives me hope that the series will end on a happy note for Roy.

So I guess 27 will be some sort of anime filler and then it leads into 28, where Father will be revealed. I'm looking forward to Ishval, then soon after that, Briggs and Olivier tongue.gif
Mhacy
Summary for the next episodes xP

The episode 28

Al and Shao May arrived at Father at last by Gluttony's lead.
Suddenly Ed, Ling and Envy appeared from Gluttony's lacerated belly.
The pleasure of meeting again was passing moment, then "Father" who appeared in front of Ed and Al looked like Hohenheim who is their father.
"Father" orders protecting Ed and Al, and killing Ling.

The episode 29

Ed and Al who got caught by Envy are taken to Bradley who is in Central Command Center by the order of "Father".
By Roy who was already in the room, Ed and Al are informed that all the top of military was falling into the hands of enemy.
Ed rejects having a part in the plan of "Father", and tells to Bradley to return the licentiate of State Alchemist.

The Episode 30

Ed visited to Riza's apartment to return the gun which borrowed from Riza. Ed told Riza that he couldn't shoot a gun against the enemy. And he asked her about the strain of having a gun and Ishval war which caused to accept it. Meanwhile, in the basement of Central Command Center, Marco was telling Scar what military brought on Ishval.

The episode 31:

Ed who left Riza met Al again in the town. Ed tells about Roy and Riza who never give up living and act with looking to "the things after accomplishing a purpose" since finishing Isval war, then they also renew their resolve to take their lost bodies back. In addition, Ed sees the light to Rentanjutsh which unchangeably became operative when the battle against Father. They look for May who uses Rentanjutsu

I got it from Her
Michiyo-
Thanks, Kaleidoscope and Mhacy for bringing the news! happy.gif
So it looks like the Ishbal flashback will be only one episode long. And I like that they kept the Promise Made For 520 Cenz title, which means it's really important to the story. biggrin.gif
penguintruth
Only one episode for the Ishbal stuff?

@#$ ^&*!!!

That's some of my favorite stuff in the manga, and it takes up most of volume 15. They're going to do it in one episode? I mean, I knew there'd be less of it because the flashback a few episodes ago that went on and on, but one episode? I'm preparing for disappointment.

They already did this to my favorite arc (Greed), now my favorite volume. If they mess up my favorite moment (Marcoh and Envy later on), that's it with me and this series.
Forsaken Love
i was expecting the news about ishbal, but im pissed off about it, the thing about scar would have been much more effective where it originally was and graaaaa, thanks for the info though
The_Twilight_Trinity
Really...? Ishval being only one episode has a really really high chance of being disappointing for me. I expected that it would take maybe all of one episode and part of another, or maybe even up to two. But hey, nothing we can do about it. Also, as cool as I think 27 has the potential to be, I'd still rather it move on with the story.... Not that I have anything against Hohenheim and his awesomeness, but I'm just really looking forward to the plot progression (which is to say the Royai in Ishval mostly)....
edxwinryfan
QUOTE (Mhacy @ Oct 10 2009, 12:24 AM) *

The episode 28

The pleasure of meeting again was passing moment, then "Father" who appeared in front of Ed and Al looked like Hohenheim who is their father.

The episode 29

Ed and Al who got caught by Envy are taken to Bradley who is in Central Command Center by the order of "Father".
By Roy who was already in the room, Ed and Al are informed that all the top of military was falling into the hands of enemy.
Ed rejects having a part in the plan of "Father", and tells to Bradley to return the licentiate of State Alchemist.

The Episode 30

Ed visited to Riza's apartment to return the gun which borrowed from Riza. Ed told Riza that he couldn't shoot a gun against the enemy. And he asked her about the strain of having a gun and Ishval war which caused to accept it. Meanwhile, in the basement of Central Command Center, Marco was telling Scar what military brought on Ishval.

The episode 31:

Ed who left Riza met Al again in the town. Ed tells about Roy and Riza who never give up living and act with looking to "the things after accomplishing a purpose" since finishing Isval war, then they also renew their resolve to take their lost bodies back. In addition, Ed sees the light to Rentanjutsh which unchangeably became operative when the battle against Father. They look for May who uses Rentanjutsu

I got it from Her

happy.gif That means episode 30 is going to be when Riza asks Ed ""Your in love with Winry aren't you?" I can't wait to see Ed's reaction to him denying it (even though he knows he is in love wink.gif)
heartwing713
Yes I love that scene! And I'm glad we're finally progressing into Ishbal, because it's awesome, and then soon after is the part with Pride and Riza and Roy and the flowers and....well let's just say the royai will abound for the next few episodes biggrin.gif
Mr. Deathy
I wouldn't have been surprised at all that Ishval was only one ep if it wasn't for the new OP. The amount of Ishval flashbacks they had so far in the show made it seem like very little would be left for the "main" flashback. The weird thing is though that the new OP has more friggin Ishval in it than anything else...yet it'll only be one ep of this season? Very weird!
Forsaken Love
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Oct 10 2009, 11:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Mhacy @ Oct 10 2009, 12:24 AM) *

The episode 28

The episode 29

The Episode 30

The episode 31:

I got it from Her

happy.gif That means episode 30 is going to be when Riza asks Ed ""Your in love with Winry aren't you?" I can't wait to see Ed's reaction to him denying it (even though he knows he is in love wink.gif)

^ i hope they include that scene, if they don't that means they'll also cut the periodic table scene up at Briggs, one of my favourite moments of the manga, and a scene I've been dieing to see since last august/september, over a year ago, when i heard of brotherhoods development!!!!! I'm really worried they won't include it, I'll cry if they dont ;__;
Kaleidoscope
I think they'll include it! So far, Bones has treated Edwin pretty faithfully. No point in changing now laugh.gif
kkg22104
QUOTE (Kaleidoscope @ Oct 13 2009, 12:59 PM) *
I think they'll include it! So far, Bones has treated Edwin pretty faithfully. No point in changing now laugh.gif

*points to episode 23* A lot of added Edwin that wasn't even in the manga, so Bones will probably keep all their little moments and maybe throw more in. biggrin.gif At least, I hope so laugh.gif
shiroe
QUOTE (Mr. Deathy @ Oct 13 2009, 08:58 AM) *
I wouldn't have been surprised at all that Ishval was only one ep if it wasn't for the new OP. The amount of Ishval flashbacks they had so far in the show made it seem like very little would be left for the "main" flashback. The weird thing is though that the new OP has more friggin Ishval in it than anything else...yet it'll only be one ep of this season? Very weird!

I'm beginning to think that they will scatter all those flashbacks thoughout the series. They had some in previous episodes; episode 30 will feature a major amount of the Ishval stuff, but not everything, because in no way could they include all roughly 4 chapters in one episode; and they will try to fit the rest in future episodes too. That's what I think they would do, if all the Ishval scenes in the OP are not just for show. (For instance, they could save the flashbacks involving Kimblee for later, when Kimblee is officially introduced into the story.)
Kale Mustang
Though I'm kinda disappointed at the fact that Ishval is mostly contained to one episode (it's my favorite story arc by far) it does make sense as the flashbacks have been scattered throughout the series thus far. And those flashbacks have been treated with a lot of care and respect.

But I wonder if the flashback with Roy, Riza, and Hawkeye-sensei will actually be included in ep. 30...
Mr. Deathy
What I don't get with the Ishval flashbacks now is how they're going to "conclude" them. I mean part of the reason why it was exciting in the manga was that it was leading up to exactly how Scar lost his arm, what happened to his Brother, how he killed the Rockbells, etc.

All of that has already been covered in flashbacks now. Does that mean they'll just leave it out of this version and focus more on the alchemist/military side of things?

Most people will just assume "yeah well they'll leave out what they've already shown" I guess but that causes another problem for me. A big part of the Ishval flashbacks are introducing Kimbley as a character...and a big part of that is showing him taking down the area where Scar lives. They barely even showed him in that scene in the flashbacks they had before....so are they just going to omit all the other scenes he had there now or keep them in somehow?

It's confusing as hell anyway. I really wish they hadn't shuffled all the Scar stuff back. The Hughes/Roy stuff was fine but now they've just left the whole thing feeling really disorganised.
shiroe
Well, I think they will mostly focus on the Roy/Riza/Huges flashbacks. All the stuff about Scar was already shown, so they will leave that out. And as I said, they may save the things involving Kimblee or his showdown with Scar for later, when Kimblee is introduced into the story. Because much later in the show, Kimblee and Scar should encounter each other again and have a battle to settle things in the past. It'd be a good place to put those flashbacks involving those two.

But of course, there's no telling if they really want to keep ALL the flashbacks, just rearrange pieces of the whole thing, or if they will just omit some scenes for good. I really wish they just rearrange things, not that they should do so in the first place, but it's better than rushing through all the Ishval stuff in one mere episode.
Kale Mustang
I think that Kimblee with feature fairly prominently in the Ishval flashback as there were several instances in the volume that he was directly involved in (antagonizing Roy & Riza, catching Armstrong, attacking Scar and his brother, and meeting with the brass).

For the stuff that's already been shown, they may simply put those flashbacks into context as I also wonder how they're going to work in MacDougal...
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Oct 14 2009, 10:04 AM) *
For the stuff that's already been shown, they may simply put those flashbacks into context as I also wonder how they're going to work in MacDougal...

Ooh, I hadn't even thought about that! Well, they'll probably only have him flash by in the background or something. Nothing too major. I do hope though that he'll get a more prominent role. It would be nice seeing him talking to Roy, and to get a little character developement out of him (because all we saw from Isaac was him going all nutty with the idea of putting Central under ice). Perhaps he encountered Envy in undisguised form and overheard him talking about "THE PLAN", or something like that, and that's how he found out about Father and the Homonculi's evil plotting.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 14 2009, 11:19 AM) *
I do hope though that he'll get a more prominent role. It would be nice seeing him talking to Roy, and to get a little character developement out of him (because all we saw from Isaac was him going all nutty with the idea of putting Central under ice). Perhaps he encountered Envy in undisguised form and overheard him talking about "THE PLAN", or something like that, and that's how he found out about Father and the Homonculi's evil plotting.

Exactly as there's no way that a simply guy like him was truly able to understand the whole gravity of Father's planning - since he was just a grunt of an alchemist for the most part.

shiroe
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 15 2009, 01:19 AM) *
Perhaps he encountered Envy in undisguised form and overheard him talking about "THE PLAN", or something like that, and that's how he found out about Father and the Homonculi's evil plotting.

I think it's not as simple as that. Remember Issac had the Philosopher stone, which could possibly came from the Homunculi. I think the homunculi had planned to use him in some way (like they used Cornello), but somehow the plan backfired and they had to get rid of him in the end.

It's all anime-original though, so I won't read too much into it, but having a bit of him in the Ishval flashback would be nice.
Broken Chouchou
Guess you're right. It was just an example, though. And yeah, It would make sense that the homunculi gave him the stone. If not the mlitary was handing out stones as well for use in the war? Maybe it's my memory that's being screwy, but didn't Kimblee have a ps during the campaign?
Forsaken Love
Issac was actually mentioned once in the manga during the Ishbal flashback, I think it was then anyway, he was mentioned along with some other people I can't remember what was said about them though, I think maybe that they had withdrawn from the battlefield or something, also as chouchou-san said Kimbley did have a ps stone, so its possible Issac got one too
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 15 2009, 04:51 AM) *
Maybe it's my memory that's being screwy, but didn't Kimblee have a ps during the campaign?

He was given one by the brass:

Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 15 2009, 10:12 AM) *
chouchou-san

That's the first time I've ever been called san xD Didn't sound too bad though, when you said it tongue.gif

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 15 2009, 10:12 AM) *
Issac was actually mentioned once in the manga during the Ishbal flashback,

He was? Thats kinda nice. Makes him feel a little less filler-ish xP

@Kale Mustang: Yup, I remember that scene now that you brought it up. So perhaps it's at least possible that Mcdougall also received his stone from the big timers? Although my guess would be that he got hold of it much later. I think the only reason they handed Kimlee the stone was because they knew he already had such tremendous destructive abilities. That, and that he's a total psycho.

shiroe
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 15 2009, 06:51 PM) *
If not the mlitary was handing out stones as well for use in the war? Maybe it's my memory that's being screwy, but didn't Kimblee have a ps during the campaign?

Uhm, if I recall correctly, that the military was handing out stones for use in the war is anime 1's original material? I skimmed through the Ishval chapters but I didn't see anything like that...

And thanks Kale Mustang for refreshing my memory about how Kimblee had the PS. happy.gif
Sannom
QUOTE ("Kale Mustang")
Exactly as there's no way that a simply guy like him was truly able to understand the whole gravity of Father's planning - since he was just a grunt of an alchemist for the most part.

He is much less a grunt of an alchemist than people like Mustang and Armstrong in my opinion. The guy has reached total control of water and also had knowledge of Rentanjutsu when all the other alchemists know nothing about it. But it was never implied that he knew about Father, his anger was just directed toward Bradley because he was a genocidal bastard. He didn't know about the bigger picture.

As for his philosopher's stone, I think he was given it in Ishbal because he was one of the most powerful alchemists on the field. The destruction he created with it must have been too much for him, and he probably snapped at that moment.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Sannom @ Oct 16 2009, 10:26 AM) *
But it was never implied that he knew about Father, his anger was just directed toward Bradley because he was a genocidal bastard. He didn't know about the bigger picture.

I remember Isaac saying "Do you know what this country is trying to do?" to Edward. It's not a confirmation that he knew about Father's plans, but I would say that it counts as having been implied at least.

QUOTE (Sannom @ Oct 16 2009, 10:26 AM) *
As for his philosopher's stone, I think he was given it in Ishbal because he was one of the most powerful alchemists on the field. The destruction he created with it must have been too much for him, and he probably snapped at that moment.

Probably like Kimblee, then. Perhaps thats why Mcdougall came to the prison were Kimblee was held and tried to convince him help bring about the destruction of Central HQ. Because they "knew" eachother from Ishbal, both been given a ps for anniliation purposes. Or something like that...
Sannom
QUOTE ("Broken Chouchou")
I remember Isaac saying "Do you know what this country is trying to do?" to Edward.

But his focus on Bradley doesn't make sense if he knew about Father, and if he did, he probably would have seeked the other alchemists help. For me, he was just sickened by the military dictatorship and the endless wars Bradley was waging.

Plus, even if he had a Philosopher's Stone, he probably didn't know how it was created and certainly doesn't know the shape of the circle. And that is what is needed to at least see a little bit of Father's plan.
Mr. Deathy
I don't think anyone has to wonder about how they'll incorperate Isaac into the flashbacks, they'll probably barely have any of the canon as it is with the pacing, nevermind spending time on a filler backstory. If anything they'll probably just show him in the group of alchemists leaving and then show him killing some people with ice/water.
thunderbreak
is this cast list real?

少校是中井和哉-Kazuya Nakai, -i think it's miles:by(super yeah if it's true)
上尉是大友龙三郎 buccanner Otomo Ryuzaburo

source :http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=666847491
currently i cant find the supporting source currently so i paste on this later
from gangan latest issue,i asked in the thread,and all of the conversation is confirmed except for my post there smile.gif
Kazuya Nakai apparently voice on one of fma games
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.