Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Kirara
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 09:02 AM) *
Well, in defense of the Brotherhood team, they've seemed to have cut out parts from the episodes that were already thoroughly displayed in the first series or was simply minor filler in the manga.

Well I am not sure if I would say all the cuts were just minor filler or things covered by the 1st series. However I am not sure if I would say anything they cut is going to majorly effect anything. I guess some of the cuts would have filled in more details so to speak.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 23 2009, 01:30 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 09:02 AM) *
Well, in defense of the Brotherhood team, they've seemed to have cut out parts from the episodes that were already thoroughly displayed in the first series or was simply minor filler in the manga.

Well I am not sure if I would say all the cuts were just minor filler or things covered by the 1st series. However I am not sure if I would say anything they cut is going to majorly effect anything. I guess some of the cuts would have filled in more details so to speak.

For now, I'm not too worried about the cuts/edits, as they don't affect with the overall presentation. Once they start cutting into major stuff, then I'll be worried.
Gimpyhair
Guess who is coming? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLfqVmHRDg Oh my god this is incredible!!

Can we assume that this is also the new opening theme song or just come curious song?
Thanks for amber1003's deviantart journal for providing the link! http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/25598437/ Ans sorry if it has been posted somewhere else.
kkg22104
Argh, Youtube doesn't work in China! sad.gif It's blocked or something. Can someone add pictures? Pleeeeeease? smile.gif
Tombow
@Gimpyhair - Yeah, that was the commercial that appeared during the episode 13 of FMA:B, and hence I think amestris_star posted that on FMA:B ep13 discusssion thread... goes to find... here.

Anyway, it's saying: starting July 12, new chapter begins on FMA:B, with visitors from East, Rentanjitsu (or whatever Funi calls it ^^) etc., and showing clips of Lin, May, Ranfun in mask, etc., and the music is indeed Hologram by NICO Touches the Walls, the next OP of FMA:B. smile.gif

==============

And, the next episode preview is up on FMA:B JP site.

I will translate it in just a while. (I've been quite busy this weekend...)
Gimpyhair

FMAobsessed
what is the name of the song that was playing in the commercial that showed Ling? Is that the new opening?
Tombow
@Gimpyhair - Thanks for the caps!!! Awesome! biggrin.gif

@FMAobsessed - It's Hologram by NICO Touches the Walls, the next OP of FMA:B. biggrin.gif
Gimpyhair
My pleasure! biggrin.gif
Envy II
So, wait, it's already going into manga only territory in a few weeks?

That was fast. ohmy.gif
Gimpyhair
I just hope that from now, they won't rush things too much. So many scenes and details that I'm looking forward biggrin.gif

Did they rush the first couple of episodes because they already, in some way, did these scenes in the first serie or because they have a limited number of episode they can do?
Kirara
QUOTE (Gimpyhair @ Jun 28 2009, 01:07 PM) *
Did they rush the first couple of episodes because they already, in some way, did these scenes in the first serie or because they have a limited number of episode they can do?

I really pray that it is the former and not the latter. Well we will have a better idea in a week or so when the next couple episode summaries come out.
amestris_star
QUOTE (Gimpyhair @ Jun 28 2009, 10:07 PM) *
I just hope that from now, they won't rush things too much. So many scenes and details that I'm looking forward biggrin.gif

There's no official limit number of episodes allowed till now, and I sincerely hope they don't have actually. I wouldn't really like that they're rushing through because of that - I'd hate them if that happens.

EDIT: Same thing happened to me Kirara O_O
Elemental/Alchemist
yea i don't get it either.... usually i can think of a logical answer or idea for reasons behind a television company's actions (got friends in the media world..) but this just doesn't seem logical - they have the opportunity to milk it for what it's worth, and it's worth a lot, and they've been rushing through scenes - advertisement alone, for a whole episode that could have been added from having other episodes dragged out and pushing some scenes over in the time line, would have been immense....
perhaps it's as you guys guess, they want to squeeze the juice out of the already covered... and granted, there's not so so much needed to dwell on in the first 4 volumes of the manga, Ms. Arakawa's style gets noticeably slower at this point, delving into more detail, so perhaps they will do just that - when Ling comes, we'll get in depth anime... here's to the hope happy.gif
kkg22104
Yay, thank you so much Gimpyhair! happy.gif Mei looks so cute. Now if only I could hear the song too...*goes to Google it*

I think they probably rushed, skipped, and/or changed scenes that were similar or already done in the first series as long as they weren't important or still got the main point across and kept the plot moving. Which disappoints me, because I really wanted ALL of the manga animated AS IS.
mazam
I've been wondering about episode numbers and the whole rushing bit. On average it seems like one 24 minute episode crams in about 2 chapters or so. There are currently almost 100+ chapters of the manga. Are they speeding through because they don't want to do close to 100 episodes?

Despite the most recent episode, I think I'll wait until next week and the week after with Ling and the others. If it still seems to speed through, I can only speculate that the episode number is close to that "63" supposedly unconfirmed from a German source.

Hagaren_4ever
Is the next episode (episode 14) the last episode of the season? Does that mean that we have to wait some time until they come out with an episode after that? Do we get another theme song and ending theme?
Mhacy
Thanks for the screen caps Gimpyhair!..I've been looking for those pics..
you're my savior. ^0^
Tombow
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 29 2009, 10:02 AM) *
Is the next episode (episode 14) the last episode of the season? Does that mean that we have to wait some time until they come out with an episode after that? Do we get another theme song and ending theme?

@Hagaren_4ever - According to Kirara's post (... Kirara, what was the source of that info again?? ^^ ) We'll have a new OP/ED starting episode 15.

Also, we are seeing an ad (for the Japanese broadcasting ) during episode 13 (current week's episode) that's saying (in Japanese) that starting July 12, 2009 (that will be episode 15) it is going to be a "new chapter" ...

So, yeah, it does seem that episode 14 may be the last episode with the current OP/ED. smile.gif
NxL
hey guys there good news:::::: biggrin.gif

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood will get into new story arc starting ep15 , arc about (i think) ling yo
Click to view attachment

and a new PV includes trailer for DVD & BLURAI:
here

the new ep will air 12/7

AND THERE WILL BE NEW OP, ED

biggrin.gif
edo little kid
thank you very much Gimpyhair and NxL for that infoooo~<3

I can't wait ep 15 \^o^/
fullmoon
Gimpyhair, Thank you so much for those screenshots and Nxl for the info!. Now i can drool in all it's awesomeness XD Seeing all the Xing characters have got me so excited! and for Ling to be animated and have a voice....is just awesome! I look forward to hearing Ranfan and Mei's voice as well.

Also...

Animated manga panels!!! Hell yeah!

Episode 15 must come...now! XD
thunderbreak
thanks for the vid on their offical website XD
it seems that they put arakawa sensei manga into the DVD
(and the cow !)

I just read tieba baidu .they says there's some rumors on the casts of Xing People on 2ch...not sure if it's true,and i cant find the list on ANN.

NOT CONFIRMED
Mei Chan:高垣彩阳 Takagaki Ayahi
Xiao Mei:福圆美里Misato Fukuen
Ran Fan:神谷浩史 Kamiya Hiroshi
Fu:石冢运升Ishizuka Unshou

(it's in chinese anyway)
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=601574294
not sure if i post the right place anyway.please inform me i post it wrongly .

there's a translation on that Xing people ad btw in chinese
@ http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=600673694
replie no .26#
not sure how to translate it btw
Kirara
QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Jun 30 2009, 07:19 PM) *
NOT CONFIRMED
Mei Chan:高垣彩阳 Takagaki Ayahi
Xiao Mei:福圆美里Misato Fukuen
Ran Fan:神谷浩史 Kamiya Hiroshi
Fu:石冢运升Ishizuka Unshou

I am pretty sure that is a joke. It looks like they took various Gundam 00 seiyuu and placed them in FMA Brotherhood roles (it is true that a large part of the Brotherhood cast was also in Gundam 00).

But anyways the biggest clue that is fake is Kamiya Hiroshi is a guy. Although I am somewhat expecting him to be in the cast just hopefully not as Ran Fan. laugh.gif
thunderbreak
yeah i hope so.they say 4 out of 5(include ling) in that cast list is from gundam 00:(.I do hope it's a joke,though i am not that familiar with gundam 00 as i just start the gundam series.
hey i do not realise that's a guy!thanks for the clueXD
who do u guys want these casts be(FOR Xing people,Olivia Armstrong etc)
Tombow
QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Jun 30 2009, 09:46 PM) *

Ahem...

If you guys would like to discuss who you'd like to have as VAs for Xingese characters, Armstrong, etc., please discuss that on FMA:Brotherhood Japanese Voice Cast thread. biggrin.gif
thunderbreak
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 1 2009, 10:24 AM) *
QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Jun 30 2009, 09:46 PM) *

Ahem...

If you guys would like to discuss who you'd like to have as VAs for Xingese characters, Armstrong, etc., please discuss that on FMA:Brotherhood Japanese Voice Cast thread. biggrin.gif

i forgot sorry happy.gif
Radadinator
The only reason (hopefully) that they're rushing is so that they can get to the manga-only parts. If they didn't rush, and they took a long time to get there, they'd make the fans impatient. The way they're rushing now, they'll get to the manga parts faster, but some of the fans would still be disappointed at the quality. Case in point, they can't make everybody happy.

Besides, the reason that they made this series in the first place was to animate the manga-only parts. They didn't really have a high budget for the first season besides the pilot. With the second season, they'll probably have a higher budget, and slow down to animate things better to get better ratings.

I really doubt that they'd milk such a giant cash cow again if they weren't gonna at least give it some effort.

In my opinion.

Tombow
Preview of the next episode (episode14) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site, as reported by Michiyo- here.

(Translation by Tombow, with tentative episode title till we see official sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 14: "Those Who Lurk Underground"

Ed's fight against Greed gets a new help when Izumi bursts in the scene. But, soon after the whole situation changes when the military soldiers lead by King Bradley himself brake in to exterminate Greed and his company. Greed grabs Al and tries to escape, but Bradley stands in their way, blocking Greed's escape, and overwhelms Greed with his fierce attacks despite Greed being homunculus. During the fight, Greed discovers an unbelievable mark on Bradley's eye...

This episode will air in Japan on Sunday, July 5, 2009
thunderbreak
last "rush " ep!(so i hope smile.gif )
ut i think people get bored if they put it too slow a pace.it's just that in some cases they don't cut off very well.
I guess we will see selims' appearance,especially as they announce selim bradley seiyuu b4 the xing co.(except for ling yao),and how do they merge armstrong here,seing him in ep 14 previews.
Tombow
Preview of the next episode (episode14) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site, as reported by Michiyo- here.

(Translation by Tombow, with tentative episode title, and the tentative naming of "rentanjitsu" for Xing Alchmey, till we see official sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 15: "Envoy from the East"

On the way to Central, Scar and Yoki run into a mysterious girl, May, who uses "rentanjitsu," a strange form of Alchemy from the East. She tells them that she is from Xing, a large country East of Amestris, and she is here to find the way to achieve immortality. Meantime, Ed and Al are in Rush Valley to get Ed's automail repaired. There, they run into a boy collapsed of hunger in the street. His name is Lin, and he is also from Xing, and he tells Ed that he is here in search of Philosopher's Stone. Lin asks Ed if he knows anything about the Stone, and Ed tells Lin that "he knows nothing about it." Just then, two shadowy figures approach from behind, and Ed and Al felt the blades pointing at them in their back...

This episode will air in Japan on Sunday, July 12, 2009
Forsaken Love
^eh!? they cut out yousewell coal mines WHY!? I thought we'd get some Yoki background and what about Mei's fantasys about edward-an-an-and WHAT!? I thought they were gonna stop this now! *is getting increasingly worried*
Alzea
Argh, I'm just worried a little, according to the preview in ep 14 Barry should show up but there is nothing about him in the summary, besides there is so much things to show about Xing ppl that they might skip the best part about Barry...Ah, well, I hope it won't be that bad...
Forsaken Love
i was thinking that seeing the trailers, they showed a lot of stuff from all over the place. I'm getting worried now, I put up with the begining simply because the first anime was 'similar' even though I'd much rather they did it properly, if they start cutting manga stuff out though I will be very upset, do they have a limit on the episodes or something?
penguintruth
Forgive me for saying this, but I sort of like the idea of fast tracking Mei to meeting Scar and Yoki in the next episode. Since they already skipped Youswell as it is, now would be an opportunity to either flashback to it when Mei meets Yoki or disregard it entirely, since they already ignored it. Not to mention, with this, and the battle with Joliot in the preview, it helps Scar remain consistently relevent in the story, something I thought Arakawa faltered in at times.

The only problem I have with this is that obviously, next episode will have at least some of the battle in Rush Valley with Ling and his group, not to mention the Barry material (which I'm looking forward to the most). Are they really going to cram all this in, in one episode?

Shouldn't they slow down now that they're branching off into the manga-only material? Somebody needs to tell Bones to relax, take a breather, order some food, and go through the rest at a luxurious pace. There's a lot to do, there's no reason to speed it along.

You've already screwed with the Dublith arc, Bones. Please, for my mental health, even though I dislike Ling, don't speed through any of that. This is where you're really put to the test.
Turdaewen
Actually, the Barry scene was on the preview for chapter 15, even though it was not mentioned on the summary. So no worries there.
Fubuki
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jul 5 2009, 08:38 PM) *
Actually, the Barry scene was on the preview for chapter 15, even though it was not mentioned on the summary. So no worries there.

Also, looking at the particular scene shown in the preview, combined with the lack of description for it in the preview, it seems that the beginning of the Barry stuff will be used as headway in to the next episode - a cliffhanger of sorts, similar to how they split up Lab 5 by Barry descending upon Al.

That would also clear up some of the pacing troubles that the episode may have - I'm hoping that, since a good amount of what should be in the next ep. will be fighting, things will go fast enough anyway that everything fits nicely. smile.gif

And as far as the removal/addition/combining of events goes, in my opinion, I'm fine with whatever they do, no matter what happened exactly in the manga, as long as it's well done and fits on this rendition of FMA. If it works well toward the adaptation, or at least makes some semblance of sense, then it's fine by me. biggrin.gif
Forsaken Love
lulz i'm slightly inclined to agree with zeno actually XD the first series wasn't bad per say but it didn't do the manga justice AT ALL and BONES have had a second and final chance to do it justice, and they've messed it up again so far. I can only hope that things they missed out they can reshuffle a bit and add into new episodes later, but as it stands, it pains me to say this is a pretty pitiful (and for the fans, an incrediably dissopointing) attempt, are BONES determined to screw the manga or somethin? Tbh I'm preeeeeeeeety worried, they covered about 30chapters in 14 episodes, thats a third of the manga practically, if they don't slow down a hell of a lot and add in the stuff they missed they WILL inevitably catch up to the manga, unless the mangas gonna stop at chapter 100 or somethin O_o

Anyway this episode was much better than last weeks. I'm still upset at how they rushed Greed because it is important and due to scene cutting i feel they messed with Greed's character, particually when he ran away from Ed and Izumi, and Izumi been there was just pointless in their order. I was also sad that this part in the manga has a lot of funnies in it, which were all cut out T_T but yeah who knows, maybe we will see the armstrong and sig thing in some filler/catch-up episode later on?
kkg22104
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jul 7 2009, 05:55 AM) *
Tbh I'm preeeeeeeeety worried, they covered about 30chapters in 14 episodes, thats a third of the manga practically, if they don't slow down a hell of a lot and add in the stuff they missed they WILL inevitably catch up to the manga, unless the mangas gonna stop at chapter 100 or somethin O_o

They're doing roughly 2 chapters in one episode. If I attempt to do some mental math...currently we have 96 chapters, which would be 48 episodes. Let's say they air 4 episodes a month, which comes out to 12 months or a year. By then the manga will also have another 12 chapters, up to 108. So it'll be close...we'll see what Arakawa is going to do to wrap things up in the manga.
Forsaken Love
mm ye i spose, but you have to remember that they need time to animate the episodes, and that will be very very very close, however you have reassured me that if they slow it down to 1-1 1/2 chapters an ep+original material+stuff they missed like a lot of anime teeeends to do we'll be ok happy.gif
Kirara
The upcoming episode titles are as follows:

Ep16 - In the footsteps of a comrade
Ep17 - The cool-headed flame
Ep18 - The pledge of the common man
Ep19 - The death of an immortal (well we know what this refers too)

It looks to me like they are still rushing through things if they get to chapter 39 by episode 19. Episode 18's title also probably means that they are switching events around and they will have Ed go to Xerxes before the Roy VS Lust thing. Thus the reveal about Maria Ross will most likely come beforehand too. dry.gif

Source and the original source for this info is from Japanese anime mag, hence coupled with the reliability of this type of info for this poster from the past experience, this should be considered as a pretty solid info. smile.gif
Alzea
Dang, now I'm really worried. Not only as royai fangirl, because since the preview of 15th episode I've been happy about upcoming Barry thing but also worried about BONES rushing like everything and cutting many scenes. Right now, when I see title of 19th episode, if there is going to happen what I think is going to happen I can do nothing but be worried. I have bad feeling about all of this. They're really going to mess up FMA and all the epic royai moments with it. Especially since on this amazing poster about upcoming second season was Olivier, I mean she appears in 16th volume, right? So what's with her already here? -.- Gah, now I'm mad...Arakawa should do something about it because they're destroying her work...again...
Michiyo-
Thanks for the news Kirara!

So the Roy VS Lust fight is that close. But isn't that too fast? I thought that things will slow down when we reach the new material, but it doesn't seem to be.

And I don't like that they're switching the events. In the manga it was revealed a volume later that Maria Ross is alive. Now it's gonna be right after her "death". The manga did better, that they kept the tension and let us believe that Roy killed her.
Now I'm curious to see how they'll do it in the anime.
penguintruth
With that episode list, it looks like 15 will have the entire battle with the Xingese characters, 16 and 17 cover the Maria Ross situation, 18 will be Winry's reaction to Hughes' death/the talk with Gracia, and 19 will be the fight with Lust.

If they put the Xerxes thing in there somewhere, it will seem a bit rushed, especially since when Ed goes home, he sees his father, and that needs an episode itself.

There's no reason to show Olivia quite yet, but besides that poster, there's no reason to believe they will.
Kirara
Actually according to Duckroll on Anime Suki the Japanese title for episode 18 is pretty much the same for the manga chapter 40 (when Ed discovers the Xerxes ruins). I guess we can't know for sure until we get the episode summaries but it looks like

episode 16 & 17 will cover the Maria Ross situation and Ed, Al & Winry finding out about Hughes and going to visit Gracia. (Volume 9)

Whereas episode 18 & 19 will cover Xerxes and Lust (except the order will be switched around). And if that is the case than we will most likely learn that Maria Ross is alive before the Roy VS Lust situation. (Volume 10)

Although the episode title is not announced yet most likely episode 20 will be when Ed meets up with Hohenheim and digs up the grave.

And although it still seems rushed I guess they are back to adapting only 2 chapters per episode instead of the 3 or 4 chapters they were adapting for episodes 11-13.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jul 7 2009, 01:18 PM) *
Although the episode title is not announced yet most likely episode 20 will be when Ed meets up with Hohenheim and digs up the grave.

I'd almost completely forgotten about that scene.. Pretty powerful stuff, I hope they do it justice.

Funnily enough, it's a big middle finger to the first series. Although Ed dug something up in that series, too, for a different reason.
RoyxRizaFan
I've been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt for a while, but if they switch Roy vs. Lust with the Xerese thing, I'll be upset, because revealing Ross is alive two seconds after she dies is lame.
Forsaken Love
ok im REALLY worried with this new info, they arn't slowing down at all! what the hell do they think they're doing!? if they keep up at this pace they WILL catch up to the manga in no time at all and then what will they do!? Not to mention I don't see who would want a rushed fma, people like humor and character development aswell as action action action, WHAT THE HELL!?
hand-made-city
Oh gosh.. I wasn't too concerned before, but now I do feel a little anxious that this is going too fast... it was understandable that they couldn't stay true to the manga in the first series, because the manga wasn't as complete at that point... but now Bones has so much material to work with.. and it doesn't seem like they're using it all. I really hope I'm wrong though!
Radadinator
Damn you, Bones. I thought the whole point of a second adaptation was to do the manga justice? And now they're switching things around, rushing parts, and ruining character development. Ugh, I'm too much of a Fullmetal fan to quit this, but if there are more Episode 13's coming up...

The thing about Ross being alive before Roy vs Lust does seem a little lame, but maybe they're trying to make Mustang more of a bad-[All hail lord Xenu] here? Because everybody still believed that Mustang killed Ross when he fought against Lust, so it was a little less heroic. If they do the reveal beforehand, then Mustang's hero moment is even better. But it does get rid of the tension about Ross.

But I guess I can't jump to conclusions here. Who knows, maybe they have something really cool in store.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.