Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Sannom
QUOTE ("penguintruth")
Their alchemy couldn't do anything to stop Scar, either, or help Nina. Those were much better representations of their alchemy failing them at times, because it put into better perspective that alchemy isn't all-powerful, and can even be detrimental in the wrong hands.

Wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. Because in those cases, what alchemy couldn't repair was actually caused by alchemy AND couldn't be repaired by any ways, was it alchemy or something else.

In the Rush Valey case, Dominique's will and knowledge of the country served everyone better than Ed's alchemy. Ed's little demonstration even slowed things down. It showed that even with all the power he has, he didn't arrive to the ankle of an old and experienced misanthropic man.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Sannom @ Jun 7 2009, 06:55 PM) *
QUOTE ("penguintruth")
Their alchemy couldn't do anything to stop Scar, either, or help Nina. Those were much better representations of their alchemy failing them at times, because it put into better perspective that alchemy isn't all-powerful, and can even be detrimental in the wrong hands.

Wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. Because in those cases, what alchemy couldn't repair was actually caused by alchemy AND couldn't be repaired by any ways, was it alchemy or something else.

In the Rush Valey case, Dominique's will and knowledge of the country served everyone better than Ed's alchemy. Ed's little demonstration even slowed things down. It showed that even with all the power he has, he didn't arrive to the ankle of an old and experienced misanthropic man.

Still largely irrelevant. Those examples still proved that Edward was ultimately powerless in the face of greater forces, even with his talents. If they wanted to prove a point about other people being better equipped than Ed to handle certain situations without alchemy than he is with it, they could have expressed in a way that tied in with the plot, not some side story which was better off split up into better portions of the series.

It's just not very good writing. Arakawa can, and did do a lot better, with later events.
Kirara
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 7 2009, 03:46 PM) *

What do you mean alchemy could not do anything against Scar? The issue with Scar had nothing to do with the failure of alchemy, it was just that he was a more powerful enemy than Ed or Al ever faced.

I will give you the fact that it was shown that alchemy could not save Nina. But that is still different to what this episode showed. It showed alchemy failing in a simpler way. In the Nina episode Ed & Al didn't know how to save Nina at all. In the Rush Valley episode they did know how to make the bridge but they didn't have enough RAW Material to make it. It was a demonstration of how alchemy works, that it can't magically do everything.

Not to mention with all the talk of creation of life through alchemy, Ed & Al saw the real miracle of birth that had nothing to do with the science of alchemy. As Ed said alchemist have been trying to create life for years and a woman can just do it naturally. Again this ties into the cycle of life thing that is brought up quite a bit in the manga and why human transmutation is a taboo. None of this was conveyed well at all in the first anime. In fact as you know the reason human transmutation is taboo is completely different and doesn't tie into the cycle of life at all. So really I don't see why they needed the birth scene except to give Ed & Al more of a connection to Hughes. You seem to think that was necessary, I don't.

he Rush Valley arc itself is a major stoppage in the development of the brothers, making points that had up to then had already been made, and in better ways.

I don't see how less than 3 chapters (because Izumi starts at the end of the last Rush Valley chapter) at only Vol. 5 of the manga is a major stoppage to the plot.

And the first series did a better job doling out those bits in earlier parts of the story, making Winry develop throughout the story via her interactions with Sheska and discovery of her parents' murderer, without her constantly being paraded in front of the viewer as a hamfisted example of a strong female character.

Perhaps Winry got a little development with the Roy scenario but I don't see how her parading around with Sheska developed her character in the least. Did she learn something or grow as a character because she was friends with Sheska?

And the miracle of birth and its place in the cycle was still in the first series, and they even mentioned it later when they talked to Izumi. That the childbirth happened right before the flashbacks about their lessons in the manga was a little too plot-convenient.

Just as much of a plot convenience of Elysia being born on the same exact day as Ed.

As for the life cycle being mentioned in the first anime what was the point of it? How does that tie into alchemy in the first anime? I can see how it all ties into the manga but not the anime. It looks like they just included it because it was in the manga but "One is all, all is one" didn't seem to mean much in the anime.

For me, Rush Valley was one of those things that had me flipping through to the later chapters of volume 5, convincing myself that purchasing it was worth it by looking forward to the Izumi material.

Well I am glad to know because you personally do not like the Rush valley arc it was a waste of time. But as you know it is only one episode for you to get through this time around.

I eventually grit my teeth and got through it, but I really found myself not caring about Paninya, Dominic, or his family, who have so far not had any role at all since then.

Last time I checked Paninya helps Ed & Al in the Rush Valley fight with Fu and Ran Fan.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 7 2009, 07:17 PM) *
Not to mention with all the talk of creation of life through alchemy, Ed & Al saw the real miracle of birth that had nothing to do with the science of alchemy. As Ed said alchemist have been trying to create life for years and a woman can just do it naturally. Again this ties into the cycle of life thing that is brought up quite a bit in the manga and why human transmutation is a taboo. None of this was conveyed well at all in the first anime. In fact as you know the reason human transmutation is taboo is completely different and doesn't tie into the cycle of life at all. So really I don't see why they needed the birth scene except to give Ed & Al more of a connection to Hughes. You seem to think that was necessary, I don't.

What the hell are you talking about? The same thing was conveyed perfectly in the first series. Go back and watch episodes 27 and 28. Izumi gives them the speech about how death is just part of the flow of life, just like birth, and the same exact messages are learned through the flashback on the island, and in largely the same way.

The first series managed to do this AND give them a stronger connection to Hughes via the birth of Elicia. Therefore it accomplished much more than the manga did in this regard.

Did you even watch the first series?
Kirara
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 7 2009, 04:25 PM) *
What the hell are you talking about? The same thing was conveyed perfectly in the first series. Go back and watch episodes 27 and 28. Izumi gives them the speech about how death is just part of the flow of life, just like birth, and the same exact messages are learned through the flashback on the island, and in largely the same way.

The first series managed to do this AND give them a stronger connection to Hughes via the birth of Elicia. Therefore it accomplished much more than the manga did in this regard.

Yes actually several times. But you clearly missed my point. I never said they didn't have these scenes in the anime, I just said what is the point of them because they don't tie into anything. Are you saying that the whole message of this cycle in the anime is that if you bring back the dead you will create human sins? It makes no sense and I am not sure what they were trying to convey. They might as well have left it out.

In the manga the cycle has a purpose. It's not to show what will happen when you bring back the dead (sins in the anime) but why it is impossible to bring back the dead, Ed's discovery when he dug up the grave. It all tied together.

In fact in the first anime Ed & Al do bring back their mother. A messed up form of her but still its her. In the manga the point is you can never bring that life back.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 7 2009, 07:40 PM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 7 2009, 04:25 PM) *

Yes actually several times. But you clearly missed my point. I never said they didn't have these scenes in the anime, I just said what is the point of them because they don't tie into anything. Are you saying that the whole message of this cycle in the anime is that if you bring back the dead you will create human sins? It makes no sense and I am not sure what they were trying to convey. They might as well have left it out.

In the manga the cycle has a purpose. It's not to show what will happen when you bring back the dead (sins in the manga) but why it is impossible to bring back the dead, Ed's discovery when he dug up the grave. It all tied together.

In fact in the first anime Ed & Al do bring back their mother. A messed up form of her but still its her. In the manga the point is you can never bring that life back.

The cycle is not contradicted by the origin of the anime's homunculi. The homunuculi are creatures that, while they may share remnants of memories of that person who was meant to be ressurected, they all come from the memories of the person who brought them back. They're not the person they were meant to become, they're abominations who can never really become people.

The anime shows that its foolish to try to bring those people back to life because all you get is a sin, a mistake which needs to be corrected, or it can have grave consequences. If anything it ties in better.
Kirara
The anime shows that its foolish to try to bring those people back to life because all you get is a sin, a mistake which needs to be corrected, or it can have grave consequences. If anything it ties in better.

Okay it is foolish to bring the dead back to life because you will only create a sin. In the anime human transmutation is wrong because it creates something wrong. I have no issues with this but that in itself does not tie back into the life cycle at all.

penguintruth
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 7 2009, 09:06 PM) *

Okay it is foolish to bring the dead back to life because you will only create a sin. In the anime human transmutation is wrong because it creates something wrong. I have no issues with this but that in itself does not tie back into the life cycle at all.

No, the homunuculi is just the punishment for doing it. The result of doing someting that is against nature is also something that is against nature.
Kirara
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 7 2009, 07:12 PM) *
No, the homunuculi is just the punishment for doing it. The result of doing someting that is against nature is also something that is against nature.

So mother nature punished Ed & Al because they went against nature and tried to bring their mom back. Thereby creating Sloth who somehow has Ed & Al 's memories of their mom and who can only be killed using Trisha's bones. It seems a little convoluted to demonstrate the cycle of life but okay.

In the manga as powerful as alchemy is it can never go against the flow of nature. It has nothing to do with sins it is just how the flow of life works.
hand-made-city
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 7 2009, 06:17 PM) *
I'm not anti-Winry so much, though I do find that on occasion, her so-called development as a character comes at the price of the movement of the plot. It's true that characters must be more than vehicles for the plot, but there's just something that rubs me the wrong way about Winry making so much traction in the pages of the manga when really anything she has to say is better left to implications. I appreciate how Winry is a strong female character, but sometimes it's like she's just being paraded around as an example of a strong character rather than actually being one, and it's actually not doing her any favors.

I do agree with this. Perhaps I won't be so harsh to say that Winry and her role in the Rush Valley arc stopped the plot or anything, but I did feel that the Rush Valley arc did slow the story down and I felt myself growing very bored of it. As such, I'm not looking forward to the next episode, but I'll watch it regardless. And in Winry's case, she's a good character, and that chapter was good for her development.. but then she's often left behind to train, study and work as a mechanic. Therefore she's not seen for long periods of time, which makes her less part of the plot concerning the homunculi, the military or the stone, which are bigger factors in the story. Of course she adds to the plot, I guess I have to add this because I know Winry fans will freak at me. But I personally don't feel that she's as much of a central character as she once was. She'll probably make a comeback, but for now, her storylines don't do much for me...
kkg22104
I did my best to follow Kirara and penguintruth's debate, but towards the end it got a little off topic and wasn't about Rush Valley anymore...

Anyway, something else popped into my head as I was reading. I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Paninya's reason for stealing Ed's watch was different in FMA1. In the original manga, she was hoping to get money from selling it to pay back Dominic. In FMA1, she was told to steal it by Winry, which made Winry seem childish IMO. Also, the fact that Ed tried so hard to get the watch back and not let Paninya open it made sense later when Winry saw what was inside. This couldn't really happen in FMA1 since his watch secret was already revealed in episode 9.

Back to Paninya: Later on, Winry scolded her and told her not to steal anymore because Dominic obviously didn't want the money, so Paninya should just be grateful and not use the legs that he gave her to pick pocket. This kind of ties back into Equivalent Exchange and fair trade.

The watch also motivated Winry to ask Dominic again to be his apprentice because she realized she had to become stronger to help Ed.

To sum it up, I think the manga's Rush Valley arc was better than the anime's, and it made more sense too. It had some important points to add to the plot; I don't see it as pointless at all.
Sannom
QUOTE ("kkg22104")
I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Paninya's reason for stealing Ed's watch was different in FMA1.

I didn't mention it explicitely, but among the things that the first anime completely butchered in that arc, that is certainly in first place. I dislike everything in that arc in the first series, while I love it in the manga. That must be why I wanted it to be adapted with a right amount of episodes for three chapters in this new series.
Kirara
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 8 2009, 09:50 AM) *
I did my best to follow Kirara and penguintruth's debate, but towards the end it got a little off topic and wasn't about Rush Valley anymore...

Yeah sorry about that but it's just because we were talking about a topic related to Rush Valley which ended up leading into an entirely different topic. But I do need to get better at not going off on tangents.

Anyways I do want to say as much as I might fiercely disagree with Penguintruth I do respect his dislike for the Rush Valley arc. Hey I guess everyone sees things differently.
kkg22104
QUOTE (Sannom @ Jun 8 2009, 01:09 PM) *
I didn't mention it explicitely, but among the things that the first anime completely butchered in that arc, that is certainly in first place. I dislike everything in that arc in the first series, while I love it in the manga. That must be why I wanted it to be adapted with a right amount of episodes for three chapters in this new series.

Same here, I thought the Rush Valley arc was great in the manga. I can see how they might want to fit it into one episode though, because if it was two episodes everything would seem dragged out. Plus, we get to see Greed in episode 13! biggrin.gif

EDIT: @ Kirara: Don't worry, it's fine. happy.gif Yeah, everyone has his/her own opinions.
Sword Alchemist
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 8 2009, 11:50 AM) *

Anyway, something else popped into my head as I was reading. I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Paninya's reason for stealing Ed's watch was different in FMA1. In the original manga, she was hoping to get money from selling it to pay back Dominic. In FMA1, she was told to steal it by Winry, which made Winry seem childish IMO. Also, the fact that Ed tried so hard to get the watch back and not let Paninya open it made sense later when Winry saw what was inside. This couldn't really happen in FMA1 since his watch secret was already revealed in episode 9.

Back to Paninya: Later on, Winry scolded her and told her not to steal anymore because Dominic obviously didn't want the money, so Paninya should just be grateful and not use the legs that he gave her to pick pocket. This kind of ties back into Equivalent Exchange and fair trade.

The watch also motivated Winry to ask Dominic again to be his apprentice because she realized she had to become stronger to help Ed.

To sum it up, I think the manga's Rush Valley arc was better than the anime's, and it made more sense too. It had some important points to add to the plot; I don't see it as pointless at all.

I agree, the manga's Rush Valley arc is way better than the 1st anime's Rush Valley arc.

The 1st series Rush Valley episode was basically just centered around Winry throwing a fit over thinking Ed didn't appreciate her automail and convincing Paninya to steal just to prove a point to Ed.

The manga Rush Valley is centered around more than just Winry and automail.

black~hayate
I like the brotherhood Rush Valley Arc more, since...
There will be a birth! I'm sure it's gonna be funny! I diddn't like the idea that Ed diddn't want to touch the tummy. And the fact that it was Hughes baby, really confused me in the first anime, too.
Now we will get a better Rush Valley.
And I don't think that Rush valley will be... rushed =D.
Cause the fight won't take a long time.
I remember when I started to like Naruto Shippuuden. They had some episodes. They talked 3 lines in them, they thought 100 unnecessary things and they stared. Really really long. And it diddn't make sense at all. I like about Brotherhood, that it's not too slow.
Sannom
QUOTE ("black~hayate")
Cause the fight won't take a long time.

I admit, you put it in one part, you can shorten it... but somehow, I don't think it will be in one part, we clearly see Ed's evil face he does after Paninya beats him for the first time. Oh well, I just hope they keep the part where Ed catches a shop keeper instead of Paninya tongue.gif
Tombow
Preview of the next episode (episode11) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site

(Translation by Tombow, with tentative episode title till we see official sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 11: "Miracle in Rush Valley"

To realize Winry's long-time dream, Ed and Al take Winry to visit Rush Valley, a place considered as a mecca by automail mechanics. But, as soon as they arrive there, Ed's State Alchemist's watch gets stolen by a girl with automails for both of her legs. Eventually, they meet the girl who stole Ed's watch, Paninya, the mechanic who created her automails, Dominique, and his family. Seeing his superior skills as an automail mechanic, Winry asks Dominique to take her in as his apprentice. Meantime, Dominique's son's pregnant wife, Satilla, starts her labor...

This episode will air in Japan on Sunday, June 14, 2009

-----------------------

ETA: June 14, 2009
Preview of the next episode (episode12) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site as reported by Kasumisty.

(Translation by Tombow, with tentative episode title till we see official sub on Funimation.com)

Episode 12: "One is for All, All is for One"

Ed and Al arrive at the town of Dublith, and reunite with their alchemy master, Izumi whom they have not seen for a long time. Izumi tells them some news about their father, Hohenheim. That night, Ed remembers about the time they met Izumi first time. That was not long after their mother's death, and to farther their skills in alchemy, Ed and Al asked Isumi to take them as her alchemy apprentices. In return, Izumi sent the Two to spend a month on an isolated and an uninhabited island and ordered them to find the answer to this riddle: "One is for All, and All is for One." ...

This episode will air in Japan on Sunday, June 21, 2009
kkg22104
So from this picture it looks like they're going to include the part where Izumi shows up at Resembool when it's flooding and then saves it with her amazing alchemy biggrin.gif I don't remember if this part was included in the first anime or not though. Anyway I'm just excited to see Izumi laugh.gif
Tombow
@kkg22104 - Yeah, "Izumi, the housewife saves Resembool" scene was in the first anime. I remember being very impressed by her. XD I'm looking forward to seeing her in this series. biggrin.gif

-----------------------

ETA June 21, 2009

Preview of the next episode (episode13) from FMA-2: Brotherhood official JP site as reported by amestris_star here.

Episode 13: "Beasts of Dublith"

Finally, Roy is assigned to Central, while Scar is back on his feet from the serious injury sustained during the fight against Homunculi, and heads for Central as well. Meantime, Al is staying at the Izumi's in Dublith, and hoping to regain his memory on "Gate of Truth." Then, Al is approached by a mysterious group who claims that they know Al's "secret." They also tell Al that they are all chimeras.....

This episode is scheduled to air in Japan on Sunday, June 28, 2009
amestris_star
I think I will seriously start spazzing over the chess scene already... Grumman talking about his granddaughter *coughRizacough* will be simply epic.
And Roy-tachi FTW!
penguintruth
I'm so looking forward to Greed. I'm curious to as how the new VA will suit the role.

It's too bad they probably won't do the thing where both Edward and Izumi team up to attack Greed like in the first series, since it wasn't in the manga. That was a great part.
ShadowCat17
There's nothing in the manga that indicates that Grumman is Riza's grandfather, but with all the hype about it I wouldn't be surprised if it was going to be actually confirmed sometime in the manga or the anime.
Tombow
QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ Jun 22 2009, 03:11 AM) *
There's nothing in the manga that indicates that Grumman is Riza's grandfather, but with all the hype about it I wouldn't be surprised if it was going to be actually confirmed sometime in the manga or the anime.

@ShadowCat17 - Not in manga chapter itself, but it was stated so in "official" publication, "Fullmetal Alchemist Perfect Guidebook 2," which content was approved by Arakawa-sensei. Please check out this post for the scan of the page where it is stated that Riza is his granddaughter.
The Guidebook also has one more entry, in the "Character Encyclopedia" section, under General Grumman, it also says that he is Riza's grandfather.

Hence, we've been treating that as a cannon fact. smile.gif
penguintruth
I'm pretty sure the chess scene was in the first series, too. It was a good scene, but I don't get the point of being worked up about it.
ShadowCat17
Thanks Tombow for clearing that up for me!
BluePhoenix
people get worked up about it because of what the General says after it, with the whole, "she'll be a perfect Fuhrer's wife" or something along those lines. biggrin.gif

I know I'm excited!
hand-made-city
The chess scene is something that mostly Roy/Riza fans make a fuss about. Everyone else is rather indifferent to it. I personally can't WAIT for it! I'll take any Royai I can get, no matter how small. ^^
amestris_star
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 22 2009, 09:59 AM) *
I'm pretty sure the chess scene was in the first series, too. It was a good scene, but I don't get the point of being worked up about it.

You sure it was there? I don't even remember Grumman getting animated...

And just as hand-made-city said, it's the Royai brigade that's fussing all about it (me included).
hand-made-city
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 22 2009, 06:56 AM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 22 2009, 09:59 AM) *

You sure it was there? I don't even remember Grumman getting animated...

And just as hand-made-city said, it's the Royai brigade that's fussing all about it (me included).

Yeah, he was in the first series a few times.... but he never did much. The chess scene was in episode 27 I think...
Tombow
Yes, I remember the chess scene in the first series. smile.gif
Cap from the chess scene from the first series (ep 27) below:

BUT... we don't want to overwhelm this thread with our talk of the anticipation for watching that chess match scene, right??

So, let's talk more about our anticipation for that chess scene, among Royai fans, on Royai thread, shall we?? smile.gif

(I know, I know, these are perfectly on-topic and we should be able to discuss it here... and it is, except, currently we have a large number of Roy & Riza fans, and I hope to avoid Roy x Riza fans monopolizing any thread with conversations on RoyxRiza related discussions so that other members do not feel pushed aside and uncomfortable. ^^)

@penguintruth - Please excuse us, the fans of Roy and Riza, for being excited to see that chess match scene. XD You know, EdxWin fans get excited about certain scenes, and MariaRossxDenny fans get excited about some other scenes, and this one is something some Royai fans are looking forward to, I think. At any rate, we'll try NOT to monopolize this thread with the talk of that scene. Sorry about that. ^^
Sword Alchemist
I'm looking forward to the Maria Ross arc. It shouldn't be that far off now.
penguintruth
@Tombow

Lol, I didn't know it was a whole RoyxRiza thing.

When I think RoyxRiza, I think about the Chibi Party OVA where Riza thanks the producers of the movie for not pairing her and Roy up, because now she can find happiness on her own, which sends Roy into shock.

Of course, I know, different continuity, even with the omake.

In the first series, Grumman is in two scenes, that one, and the one at the end where it shows that the parlimentary officials took control of the government, I guess with Grumman's help. This time, we'll get crossdressing Grumman!

Kirara
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 22 2009, 06:55 PM) *

It's because Grumman tells Roy to marry his granddaughter. Although its never officially stated in the manga, in the official guide book it states Riza is his granddaughter.

ShadowCat17
QUOTE (Sword Alchemist @ Jun 22 2009, 08:32 PM) *
I'm looking forward to the Maria Ross arc. It shouldn't be that far off now.

We still have a bit to go before the Maria Ross arc, but I can't wait for it. Mostly because of how awesome Roy Mustang starts to get, between the Maria Ross maneuver and his badass killing of Lust later, which is about as hardcore as you can get lol.
amestris_star
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 23 2009, 02:55 AM) *
This time, we'll get crossdressing Grumman!

That and Roy's shocked (almost disgusted) expression at the cemetary... LOL
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 22 2009, 10:11 PM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 23 2009, 02:55 AM) *

That and Roy's shocked (almost disgusted) expression at the cemetary... LOL

That was such a great moment in the manga. I know I had that look of shocked disgust on my face when I realized it was Grumman too...

Other Grumman moment I can't wait for - when he smacks Rebecca's butt at the firing range. laugh.gif
hand-made-city
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 01:17 AM) *
That was such a great moment in the manga. I know I had that look of shocked disgust on my face when I realized it was Grumman too...

Other Grumman moment I can't wait for - when he smacks Rebecca's butt at the firing range. laugh.gif

Hahah I loved that scene... Rebecca is a fun character! I'm excited to see her appearances too!
Tombow
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 22 2009, 09:52 PM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 22 2009, 06:55 PM) *

It's because Grumman tells Roy to marry his granddaughter. Although its never officially stated in the manga, in the official guide book it states Riza is his granddaughter.

Gahaha, yap, Kirara got it perfectly. laugh.gif

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 22 2009, 08:55 PM) *

Tehaha, he looked so "pretty" there. That one is a good scene! Love to see that animated! laugh.gif
Kirara
Well we can only hope we will get all these scenes. Not that I want to be a pessimist but the Brotherhood team has cut things so far.

Although I am not sure how they can cut female Grumman. laugh.gif
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 23 2009, 04:36 AM) *
Well we can only hope we will get all these scenes. Not that I want to be a pessimist but the Brotherhood team has cut things so far.

Although I am not sure how they can cut female Grumman. laugh.gif

Well, in defense of the Brotherhood team, they've seemed to have cut out parts from the episodes that were already thoroughly displayed in the first series or was simply minor filler in the manga.

Since cross-dressing Grumman was never featured in the first series, as well as the fact that it sets up the later events in the manga, they'd probably keep it in. Plus, it's an eccentric old General dressed up as a woman - much to the shock, awe, and disgust of Roy - there's no way that Bones would pass up a chance to animate those scenes. laugh.gif
Forsaken Love
I have obviously forgotten a part of the manga, when did Grumman cross-dress? O_o could someone post me a link pweeeese??
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 23 2009, 12:00 PM) *
I have obviously forgotten a part of the manga, when did Grumman cross-dress? O_o could someone post me a link pweeeese??

Chapter 63, starts on page 33.
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/63/33/
Forsaken Love
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 08:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 23 2009, 12:00 PM) *

Chapter 63, starts on page 33.
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/63/33/

oh THAT BIT! I totally forgot all about it, I swear a lot of this i don't even recognize O_o gawd i gotta re-read this, thanks so much for the link! *hugglez*
amestris_star
And you can't even imagine how much I want to see Roy in that suit... animated...
*dies*
Kale Mustang
@Forsaken Love - You're welcome. smile.gif

QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 23 2009, 12:19 PM) *
And you can't even imagine how much I want to see Roy in that suit... animated...
*dies*

I honestly think that he spends more time wearing his civvies than he does his uniform in the manga...
amestris_star
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 09:30 PM) *
I honestly think that he spends more time wearing his civvies than he does his uniform in the manga...

I'm happy seeing him in whatever he wears *grins* But that outfit is something I'm really looking forward to.
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 23 2009, 12:31 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 09:30 PM) *

I'm happy seeing him in whatever he wears *grins* But that outfit is something I'm really looking forward to.

...and this includes the hospital clothes... wink.gif
amestris_star
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 09:34 PM) *

(Considering that that will come after the Lust vs Roy incident, and if they'll animate that epically, I'll be talking in gibberish for a whole month I suppose... well, yes, that'll come too).
He's the only person ever that wore his uniform jacket over his hospital clothes.

(And don't remind me of the scar he has now because of that.)
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jun 23 2009, 12:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Jun 23 2009, 09:34 PM) *

(Considering that that will come after the Lust vs Roy incident, and if they'll animate that epically, I'll be talking in gibberish for a whole month I suppose... well, yes, that'll come too).
He's the only person ever that wore his uniform jacket over his hospital clothes.

(And don't remind me of the scar he has now because of that.)

Fine, fine. At least we'll get to see Havoc with his awesome beard. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.