Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood, Future Episodes Discussion Thread (for Content Up To Episode 62): Warning! Spoilers Abound!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
fullmoon
<Program Note>

NOTE: For discussions on possible contents for episodes 63-64:

Just letting you guys know that as a one-time event, for discussing speculations & wishful thinking on what would be in the final 2 FMA:B episodes, episodes 63-64, we'll be using 2 special threads, one discussion thread for those who had read FMA manga chapter 108, and one discussion thread for those who hadn't read FMA mana's final chapter. They will be posted up and open for you guys' comments. smile.gif

For those who have read FMA manga chapter 108, please add your post on
"Episodes 63-64, FMA:B final episodes content speculation/wishful thinking thread - For those who had READ FMA MANGA Final chapter" with your comments with your speculations and wishful thinking for the contents of episodes 63 - 64.

For those who have NOT read FMA manga final chapter please add your post on
"Episode 63-64, FMA:B final episodes content speculation/wishful thinking thread - For those who had NOT READ FMA MANGA Final chapter" with your comments with your speculations and wishful thinking for the contents of episodes 63 - 64.

WARNING: This thread is FULL of FMA storyline SPOILERS!!
If you haven't seen the first series of FMA anime, or read FMA manga, or haven't been up to current on watching FMA:Brotherhood series, FMA and do not wish to be spoiled about any of the FMA storyline, then please stay away from this thread..... smile.gif
~ Tombow

Chapter titles & previews are filled as we receive reports with sources that are known to be reliable from our past experiences. ^^

Reported upcoming episode titles/previews:

Aired June 27, 2010. (As reported by Vlyse here and from ANN site)
The episode 63: The Other Side of the Gate (扉の向こう側)

Aired June 20, 2010.(As reported by Michiyo- here and from ANN site)
The episode 62: A Fierce Counterattack (凄絶なる反撃)

Aired June 13, 2010.(As reported by Michiyo- here and from ANN site)
The episode 61: The One Who Swallowed God (神を呑みこみし者)

Aired June 6, 2010.(As reported by Michiyo- here and from ANN site)
The episode 60: Eye of Heaven, Gateway of Earth (天の瞳、地の扉)

Aired May 30, 2010. (As reported by Michiyo- here and from ANN site)
The episode 59: Lost Light (失われた光)

Aired May 23, 2010. (As reported by Michiyo- here and from ANN site)
The episode 58: Sacrifices (ひとばしら)

Aired May 16, 2010. (As reported by Michiyo- here and from ANN site)
The episode 57: Eternal Rest (永遠の暇)

Aired May 9, 2010. (As reported by Vlyse here and from ANN site)
The episode 56: The Return of the Führer (大総統の帰還)

Aired May 2, 2010. (As reported by Vlyse here and from ANN site)
The episode 55: The Adults' Way of Life (大人たちの生き様)

Aired April 25, 2010.(As reported by Michiyo- here, from ANN site)
The episode 54: Beyond the Inferno (烈火の先に)

Aired April 18, 2010. (As reported by Michiyo- here, from ANN site)
The episode 53: The Flames of Revenge (復讐の炎)

Aired April 11, 2010. (As reported by Vlyse here, and from ANN site)
The episode 52: Everyone's power (皆の力)
Finally Al decides to use the Philosopher's stone by Heinkel's words. Al unfurls the even and cutthroat fight against Pride and Kimblee with making full use of power of souls who were locked in the stone. Meanwhile, Olivier side improves their chances against Sloth by Armstrong's entry into the fight, but shortly after that, Sloth stops lazing and starts to go all out with his "real" power.

Aired April 4, 2010.(As reported by Vlyse here, and from ANN site)
The episode 51: Army of Immortals (不死の軍団)
Finally a lot of doll privates are released by the topsider in the military. The unkillable mob which is unfearing of the death bites the topsiders whom they must follow and kills, then they lash out Ed and others all together. Meahwhile, Sloth stands over Olivier to get rid of her. And Heinkel who left with Al there notices the intentional action of Pride who was locked in the dome.

Aired March 27, 2010. (As reported by Vlyse here, and from ANN site)
The episode 50: Upheaval in Central (セントラル動乱)
Roy takes Mrs. Bladrey as a prisoner, then finally he sent out a signal of counterattack to Central Command Center. The insurgency seemed to be quashed quickly, but it plunges into city fighting by Mustang team's skilful attack, Charley team which appeared from unforeseen place and the backup of Briggs' military. Meanwhile, they meet unexpected person again as a collaborator of insurgency.

Aired March 20, 2010. (As reported by Vlyse here, and from ANN site)
The episode 49: Filial Affection (親子の情)
Pride gets Gluttony's ability with the cruel way. Ed and others have no way of doing anything in front of the power. Meanwhile, Al comes round in the another place and learns the fact his big brother and others are in desperate straits, then Al suggests a plan to Hohenheim. Hohenheim provokes the attack to Pride with the suggestion, but...

Aired March 13, 2010. (As reported by Vlyse here, and from ANN site)
The episode 48: The Oath in the Tunnel (地下道の誓い)
Ed and others turned the table at one fling by Lanfan's help. But, meanwhile, Heinkel faced a hard time in another place by Pride who shows no sign of being knocked down. Later, the light blinks on, then the shadows which was intercepted are restored. Meanwhile, the military spies were sneaking up Roy who made a thorough survey of Pride's identity by Madam Christmas' help.

Episodes that have been aired:(Click on the link to go to the "episode content discussion" thread)

Episode 64 Journey's End (Aired on July 4, 2010 in Japan and Sept. 24, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 63 The Other Side of the Gate (Aired on June 27, 2010 in Japan and Sept. 17. 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 62 A Fierce Counterattack (Aired on June 20, 2010 in Japan and Sept. 10, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 61 The One Who Swallowed God (Aired on June 13, 2010 in Japan and Sept. 3 in U.S.)
Episode 60 Eye of Heaven, Gateway of Earth (Aired on June 6, 2010 in Japan and Aug. 27, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 59 Lost Light (Aired on May 30, 2010 in Japan and Aug. 20, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 58 Sacrifices (Aired on May 23, 2010 in Japan and Aug. 13, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 57 Eternal Rest (Aired on May 16, 2010 in Japan and Aug. 6, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 56 The Return of the Führer (Aired on May 9, 2010 in Japan and July 30, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 55 The Adults' Way of Life (Aired on May 2, 2010 in Japan and July 23, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 54 Beyond The Inferno (Aired on Apr. 25, 2010 in Japan and July 16, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 53 The Flames of Revenge (Aired on Apr. 18, 2010 in Japan and July 9, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 52 Everyone's Power (Aired on Apr. 11, 2010 in Japan and July 2, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 51 Army of Immortals (Aired on Apr. 4, 2010 in Japan and June 25, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 50 Upheaval In Central (Aired on Mar. 27, 2010 in Japan and June 18, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 49 Filial Affection (Aired on Mar. 20, 2010 in Japan and June 11, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 48 The Oath in the Tunnel (Aired on Mar. 13, 2010 in Japan and June 4, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 47 Messenger Of Darkness(Aired on Mar. 6, 2010 in Japan and May 28, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 46 Looming Shadows (Aired on Feb. 27, 2010in Japan and May 21, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 45 The Promised Day (Aired on Feb. 20, 2010 in Japan and May 14, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 44 Revving At Full Throttle (Aired on Feb. 13, 2010 in Japan and May 7, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 43 Bite of the Ant (Aired on Feb. 6, 2010 in Japan and Apr. 30, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 42 Signs of a Counteroffensive (Aired on Jan. 30, 2010 in Japan and Apr. 23, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 41 Abyss (Aired on Jan. 24, 2010 in Japan and Apr. 16, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 40 Dwarf In The Flask (Aired on Jan. 17, 2010 and Apr. 9 in U.S.)
Episode 39 Daydream (Aired on Jan. 10, 2010 in Japan and Apr. 2, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 38 Conflict At Baschool (Aired on Dec. 27, 2009 in Japan and Mar. 26, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 37 The First Homunculus (Aired on Dec. 20, 2009 in Japan and Mar. 19, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 36 Family Portrait" (Aired on Dec. 13, 2009 in Japan ang Mar. 12, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 35 The Shape Of This Country (Aired on Dec. 6, 2009 in Japan and Mar. 5, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 34 Ice Queen (Aired on Nov. 29, 2009 in Japan and Feb. 26, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 33 Northern Wall Of Briggs (Aired on Nov. 22, 2009 in Japan and Feb. 19, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 32 The Fuhrer's Son (Aired on Nov. 14, 2009 and Feb. 12, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 31 The 520 Cens Promise (Aired on Nov. 8, 2009 in Japan and Feb. 5, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 30 The Ishvalan War Of Extermination (Aired on Nov. 1, 2009 in Japan and Jan. 29, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 29 Struggle Of The Fool (Aired on Oct. 25, 2009 in Japan and Jan. 22, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 28 Father" (Aired on Oct. 18, 2009 in Japan and Jan. 15, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 27 Interlude Party (Aired on Oct. 11, 2009 in Japan and Jan. 8, 2011 in U.S.)
Episode 26 Reunion (Aired on Oct. 4, 2009 in Japan and August 7, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 25 Doorway Of Darkness (Aired on Sept. 27, 2009 in Japan and July 31, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 24 Inside the Belly (Aired on Sept. 20, 2009 in Japan and July 24, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 23 Girl on the Battlefield (Aired on Sep 13, 2009 in Japan and July 17, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 22 Distant Backs (Aired on Sept. 6, 2009 in Japan and July 10, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 21 The fools advance forth (Aired on Aug. 22, 2009 in Japan and July 3, 2010 in U.S)
Episode 20 Father Standing Before a Grave (Aired on Aug. 16, 2009 in Japan and June 26, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 19 Death of the Undying (Aired on Aug. 8, 2009 in Japan and June 19, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 18 On the Palm of an Arrogant Human Being" (Aired on Aug. 1, 2009 in Japan and June 12, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 17 Cold Flame (Aired on July 26, 2009 in Japan and June 5, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 16 Footsteps Of A Comrade-in Arms (Aired on July 19, 2009 in Japan and May 29, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 15 Envoy from the East (Aired on July 12, 2009 in Japan and May 22, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 14 Those Who Lurk Underground (Aired on July 5, 2009 in Japan and May 15, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 13 Beasts of Dublith (Aired on June 28, 2009 in Japan and May 8, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 12 One is All, All is One (Aired on June 21, 2009 in Japan and May 1 in U.S.)
Episode 11 Miracle at Rush Valley (Aired on June 14, 2009 in Japan and April 24, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode 10 Separate Destinations (Aired on June 7, 2009 in Japan and April 17, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode .9 Created Feelings (Aired on May 31, 2009 in Japan and April 10, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode .8 The Fifth Laboratory (Aired on May 24, 2009 in Japan and April 3, 2010. in U.S.)
Episode .7 Hidden Truths (Aired on May 17, 2009 in Japan and March 27, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode .6 Road of Hope (Aired on May 10, 2009 in Japan and March 20, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode .5 Rain of Sorrows (Aired on May 3, 2009 in Japan and March 13, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode .4 An Alchemist's Anguish (Aired on April 26, 2009 in Japan, and March 6, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode .3 City of Heresy (Aired on April 19, 2009 in Japan, and Feb. 27, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode .2 The First Day (Aired on April 12, 2009 in Japan, and Feb. 20, 2010 in U.S.)
Episode .1 Fulmetal Alchemist(First aired for general public on April 5, 2009 in Japan, and Feb. 13, 2010 in U.S.)

==============

http://community.livejournal.com/fm_alchemist/6193854.html
I don't know how accurate this is, but Wikipedia has a listing of the Episode titles of Brotherhood up to ep. 5:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fullm...st:_Brotherhood

So, it looks like our episode break down is this:

2. Backstory
3. Lior
4. Nina
5. Introduction of Scar

So meaning if they intend to follow the manga, then we've got the Resembool, 3rd laboratory, (possible Al angst arc) Hughes, and Rush Valley arcs before we even GET to Greed.

It's interesting and it's good to know what's coming.
Though i wonder how they are going to cover everything that happened in Lior in one episode X_X.
It makes me a little worried but we'll see happy.gif
Sannom
Though i wonder how they are going to cover everything that happened in Lior in one episode X_X.

Nothing happens in Lior, they can perfectly do it in one episode wink.gif So if Lior is here, I suppose we will have Yoki too? Probably in the flashback...

I suppose that it will like in the manga for Scar : we see him at the end of episode 4, killing Tucker and Nina, and then we learn more about him in episode 5 where he tries to kill Edward
fullmoon
QUOTE (Sannom @ Apr 8 2009, 08:09 PM) *

Nothing happens in Lior, they can perfectly do it in one episode wink.gif

Okie Dokie happy.gif That makes me feel much better =D. (<-is a procrastinator XD)

So if Lior is here, I suppose we will have Yoki too? Probably in the flashback...

Oh Gosh. I hope so! I like Yoki XD.
I wonder if they will include chapter 4 somewhere...Though i guess we'll find out a little later...
Hagane no Baka
I did have the feeling after I've seen the pilot that they're going to go around things pretty fast. Which isn't a bad thing afterall. I hate seing scenes that drag on forever with absolutely nothing worthy going on *caugh*Naruto&Bleach*caugh*

So has it been decided that the new series will have around 50 episodes or not? If they take thew fast pace I think they just might pull it through in 50, 51 episodes.
Tombow
@fullmoon - I made your post into a new thread so that we can keep using this thread for the discussions about all upcoming episodes. ^^

-------------

And, as for the current topic, this discussion is basically based on this Wiki entry, right?

"List of Fullmetal Alchemist episodes"
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
01 "Fullmetal Alchemist"
"Hagane no Renkinjutsushi" (鋼の錬金術師) April 5, 2009
<.... episode summary here...>
02 "The Day It Began"
"Hajimari no Hi" (はじまりの日) April 12, 2009
03 "The Heretic City"
"Jakyō no Machi" (邪教の街) April 19, 2009
04 "An Alchemist's Suffering"
"Renkinjutsushi no Kunō" (錬金術師の苦悩) April 26, 2009
05 "Sorrowful Rain"
"Kanashimi no Ame" (哀しみの雨) May 3, 2009

My usual response (as some of you already know ^^) to any posts using Wiki as a source reference is to be cautious and know that not all articles on Wiki are correct.
But, as this being a "speculation" thread, I think it is fine to use it as a tool to help us generate our thoughts/imaginations, AS LONG AS it is clearly stated that it is NOT the confirmed fact.

As for this particular Wiki entry, it doesn't say where the author got this information. There is a reference list at the end of the article, and I checked them, but the source of this particular info is not listed there.

From I see, the episode titles for the first two episodes on the list are correct, and possibly the rest of episode titles may be correct as well. Nonetheless, I would take this list with a grain of salt as long as there is no mention of how the author got this info in the article. I will feel much more comfortable if these were the episode titles officially listed on FMA-2 JP official Web site, or any other similar sites as the titles for the upcoming episodes. Then, I can take this as a confirmed fact.

Until these episode titles appear on any of the official publications/articles/promo news etc., I advise everyone to take this as an unconfirmed Wiki article. biggrin.gif
temmy
So has it been decided that the new series will have around 50 episodes or not? If they take thew fast pace I think they just might pull it through in 50, 51 episodes.

It's an unconfirmed rumor that the new series will only be around 50 episodes. Here's a transcript of an interview stating that they have no plans (as of right now) to make it only 50 episodes: http://amestris-star.livejournal.com/28996.html.

ETA: It is now confirmed that FMA: Brotherhood will have 60 plus episodes.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
sweetness. so that is going to be the next 5 esp that are going to be aired in the future. sweet so can't wait.
Tombow
QUOTE (xXdark_angel_nekoXx @ Apr 8 2009, 11:09 AM) *
sweetness. so that is going to be the next 5 esp that are going to be aired in the future. sweet so can't wait.

Again, reminder that this list of episode titles are, at the moment at least, unconfirmed information, and I advise to take it as such until/unless someone can inform us that this is officially confirmed. ^^

I see the potential danger here, and to avoid future confusion, I ask anyone posting references as the base of his/her opinion/speculation on this thread, to kindly try to add some kind of clarification (as possibly as you can) that if your source is an officially confirmed fact, or another speculation by some others. smile.gif
Havanese
Here's some information I found on AnimeSuki. It has some bits of information about the episode under the title and staff information. I'm pretty certain the information is accurate, but it's still all speculation until we can find out the source.

Ep2 - The day it all began

Covers the events of the failed human transmutation, and Roy Mustang convincing the brothers to be State Alchemists.

Script: Hiroshi Ohnogi
Episode Director: Kazuo Miyake
Storyboard: Yasuhiro Irie
Animation Director: Madoka Ozawa

Ep3 - The City of Heresy

Covers the story of Lior and Cornello. The miracle of the Philosopher's Stone is showcased.

Script: Hiroshi Ohnogi
Episode Director: Masao Ookubo
Storyboard: Masao Ookubo
Animation Director: Yasuyuki Noda

Ep4 - The Alchemist's Anguish

Ed and Al meet Tucker, the Life-sewing Alchemist, and his 9 year old daughter Nina.

Script: Michihiro Tsuchiya
Episode Director: Seikou Satou
Storyboard: Nanami Sanjou
Animation Director: Hiroya Iijima

Ep5 - Sorrowful Rain

Scar appears. Ed and Al's brotherly love is showcased.

Script: Michihiro Tsuchiya
Episode Director: Hiroshi Iketomi
Storyboard: Yasuhiro Irie
Animation Director: Chiyomi Tsukamoto

I don't know why Nina is cited as 9. huh.gif That's definitely strange. I always thought she was around 4 or 5. Also, I'm a bit worried about how rapidly they're progressing through the chapters.

EDIT: Oh, after searching around more, I found someone on AnimeNewsNetwork's forums cite the same information and say it's from Newtype. If this is true, then the information must be true too.
Full Metal Elf
I was thinking about this today. That they'd have to do Lior, Tucker/Nina and Yoki if they're following the manga. Lab 5 too...because There's no Chimera Tucker in the manga...obviously if Scar kills him.

It would make sense if they move along a little fast in the beginning to cover what's already been covered in the previous anime, but I hope they don't rush it since there are things in the manga that weren't in the anime that change the whole story.

It's like the Hellsing OVAs. The first episode was a repeat of what was in the first anime and manga, some flashbacks covered what we got in the first anime and manga. Now it covers the manga pretty strictly and is amazing.

I was hoping FMA would go along those lines. Once they hit the manga story, it can slow down.

Also...is it possible for them to fit it all into 50 episodes? I can see why they'd want to do it...but the manga isn't even finished yet. I hope they pace it so that they don't need fillers to finish the anime off when the manga is finished.
Havanese
QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Apr 8 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Also...is it possible for them to fit it all into 50 episodes? I can see why they'd want to do it...but the manga isn't even finished yet. I hope they pace it so that they don't need fillers to finish the anime off when the manga is finished.

According to an interview from someone from BONES, they haven't decided on the number of episodes yet. http://amestris-star.livejournal.com/28996...view=9540#t9540 I'm almost positive that page is accurate.

I'm thinking they will finish it somewhere between 60-70 episodes. If the first five episode titles and such are correct, then that means they've covered up to about chapter 7 in five episodes (EDIT: actually, they've excluded chapter 3 and 4 and included 23 and 24...). I'm thinking episode 6 will be the episode where they travel to Resembool and meet Marcoh, episode 7 is where we'll see Winry and Pinako again (yay), episode 8 is where they find out the secret about the Philosopher's Stone and thus beginning the Lab 5 arc. The Lab 5 arc will probably be two-three episodes, then we have the Alphonse angst to span an episode, then the whole baby birth scene, then Izumi's introduction, then the island thing, then Greed.... Wow, we have a lot to look forward to. biggrin.gif The whole Greed arc thing will probably be done by episode 19 or 20.

We'll probably see Mei-chan by episode 22 or so, and either see Ling in the same episode or the one after. So they'd have covered about 33 chapters in 24 episodes. (This is all my guessing, though, and I could be completely off!).
His Name is Unknown
All I can say is, regardless of the chapter to episode ratio, I hope it is done tastefully and given enough time to develop. Ever since the debut of episode one, I've begun rewatching the first series and the experience has reminded me just how excellent the direction of the first 25 episodes was. Great humor and action when appropriate, but also excellent integration of the show's overarching themes through quiet/and or dramatic sequences. The slow build of the first show allowed for several climaxes which carried tremendous emotional weight:

1. The Fullmetal Alchemist reveal
2. Nina's death and Scar's reveal
3. Laboratory Five
4. Hughes' death

If Bones is going to take all the time and effort to do a reboot, I hope they do it right. As much as I enjoyed the first episode as a fan of the series, it really did destroy a huge amount of tension with it multiple character introductions and (perhaps) misplaced emphasis on the dark side of the military. One the one hand, it works for established fans, but on the other hand, it really hampers the artistic merit of the second season as a stand alone show.

From the episode descriptions provided, it looks like the train sequence as well as Yoki's coal mine will be cut from the animation cue. This is unfortunate, as these events really provided context to the military's corruption, as well as elaborated upon the state alchemist theme. All this is kind of spoiled, however, by episode one jumping the gun thematically.

I have every confidence that once the animators start following the manga religiously, it will be awesome, but it kind of irks me that I'll have the watch the first fourth of season one to get (kind of) a manga-ish version of the events of Arakawa's story, and the second half of season two for the rest.

At least we still have the manga itself. rolleyes.gif
amestris_star
QUOTE (Havanese @ Apr 8 2009, 06:59 PM) *
According to an interview from someone from BONES, they haven't decided on the number of episodes yet. http://amestris-star.livejournal.com/28996...view=9540#t9540 I'm almost positive that page is accurate.

That's my LJ in fact smile.gif Had transcribed an interview someone from the ANN staff had with a BONES official. So yeah, that's official for sure.
I am supposing that this could go over the 50+ eps...
Becca-chan
QUOTE (Havanese @ Apr 8 2009, 05:18 PM) *
I don't know why Nina is cited as 9. huh.gif That's definitely strange. I always thought she was around 4 or 5.

Same here, I always thought that Nina was around four or five years old ( I know that she definately was that old in the original anime...although it was still 1910 when she met the brothers in that one) and she definately doesn't look nine years old in the manga either. O_o;

Although I have mixed feelings on that... I mean if she really is nine years old in this new series, I'll be glad because that means that she got to have a longer lifespan before...*that* event.
But at the same time, it just seems hard picturing her at that age. O.o it should be interesting to see if that rumour is true though.
edxwinryfan
I'm excited to see the EdxWinry scenes of course! But the thing is that I will have to watch them in Japanese with subs. I can't wait to see the dubbed version, (with Vic as Ed and Caitlin as Winry hopefully biggrin.gif) but I sadly that won't be out until I'm in college probably sad.gif sad.gif
fullmoon
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 9 2009, 12:23 AM) *
@fullmoon - I made your post into a new thread so that we can keep using this thread for the discussions about all upcoming episodes. ^^

Thank Tombow! happy.gif

QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Apr 9 2009, 04:07 AM) *
From the episode descriptions provided, it looks like the train sequence as well as Yoki's coal mine will be cut from the animation cue. This is unfortunate, as these events really provided context to the military's corruption, as well as elaborated upon the state alchemist theme.

I guess i shouldn't get my hopes up for chapter 3 and 4 ay? T-T So...will it mean no Yoki? Damn...
(Even though these chapters have been covered in the anime (with slight alterations) it would be great to see it again >_< and Yoki was more involved in the manga which i really liked. He was so funny in chapter 93 XD.)
I agree, i really loved what it represented...

QUOTE (His Name is Unknown @ Apr 9 2009, 04:07 AM) *
At least we still have the manga itself. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that's true happy.gif

QUOTE (Havanese @ Apr 9 2009, 02:18 AM) *
I don't know why Nina is cited as 9. huh.gif That's definitely strange. I always thought she was around 4 or 5.

I also thought she was 4... confused1.gif
(i just quickly skimmed chapter 5 and her age was never mentioned...unless i missed it XD)

QUOTE (Havanese @ Apr 9 2009, 02:18 AM) *
Also, I'm a bit worried about how rapidly they're progressing through the chapters.

Same...It makes me worry about how much depth there will be...>_<
Tombow
QUOTE (Havanese @ Apr 8 2009, 12:18 PM) *
... Oh, after searching around more, I found someone on AnimeNewsNetwork's forums cite the same information and say it's from Newtype. If this is true, then the information must be true too.

@Havanese - Yeah, this seems to be true, and I'm waiting to see if we can get the scans of magazine pages.
This month's NewType magazine has an FMA anime series-2 special bonus booklet that's bundled and comes with this month's NewType magazine issue (I know this much is true. ^^) And, this special issue seems to contain an article that's saying episode 2 is about Elric brothers' past, episode 2 is about Leore, episode 4 is Nina's story, and episode 5 is Scar. .....Though I can't personally confirm this until I actually see the scan of the article. ^^
amestris_star
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 9 2009, 05:44 PM) *
... Oh, after searching around more, I found someone on AnimeNewsNetwork's forums cite the same information and say it's from Newtype. If this is true, then the information must be true too.

@Havanese - Yeah, this seems to be true, and I'm waiting to see if we can get the scans of magazine pages.
This month's NewType magazine has an FMA anime series-2 special bonus booklet that's bundled and comes with this month's NewType magazine issue (I know this much is true. ^^) And, this special issue seems to contain an article that's saying episode 2 is about Elric brothers' past, episode 2 is about Leore, episode 4 is Nina's story, and episode 5 is Scar. .....Though I can't personally confirm this until I actually see the scan of the article. ^^

That should be confirmed as it was one of the news on 2ch yesterday too.

Even Ep. 6 title is floating around 2ch: The road to hope
Again, I'm not sure if this has been confirmed or not.
Tombow
^ Yeah, I'm anxiously waiting to see the scanned magazine pages from this issue. Seems like this special issue has a bunch of new info for the series, including Arakawa-sensei's interview, and supposedly, Arakawa-sensei asked animators not to make any characters utter to other character "Die!" and no animation to make characters fly (like Superman style, I guess XD) by using Archemy, or something like that... as well as the information on the contents of several upcoming chapters.
If anyone is in Asian countries and happens to get the hold of the mag, please please scan the pages!!! (Or, if anyone runs into the scanned pages, please share that with us!!) *beggs* happy.gif
DN-Moonflower-FMA
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 9 2009, 05:44 PM) *

Newstype, I've seen those in some magazine shops here. Maybe if I'm lucky enough to find the newest issue I can scan it.
Meu
Huh? How is it possible to skip the Yoki episode? o_o
The Youswell mine won't be introduced, neither will Kayal, his dad or Yoki himself. And they will play a part later in the manga, when e.g. Mei Chan enters Amestris.
Come on, that ain't fair. D:
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 9 2009, 08:44 AM) *

Hmm, currently at work (I work in San Francisco) but I may swing by Japantown before I go home and hit up Kinokuniya to see if they have the new issue.
Hagane no Baka
QUOTE (Meu @ Apr 9 2009, 01:46 PM) *
Huh? How is it possible to skip the Yoki episode? o_o
The Youswell mine won't be introduced, neither will Kayal, his dad or Yoki himself. And they will play a part later in the manga, when e.g. Mei Chan enters Amestris.
Come on, that ain't fair. D:

I sure hope they think like this as well coz I'd really like to see that episode. Then again they might just reveal Yoki, Kayal & his dad on a side basis.

And yeah that age thing with Nina got me confused too x_x

I'm really curious as to which theme song of Ed & Al's relationship will replace the old 'Bratja'. I hope it will grow to be worthy of it's predecessor happy.gif
Meitantei Conan
I like the Episode 2. :] Cuz it Follows one of the chapters in the 6 Vol. from the Manga, and thats my Favorite Volume.. and I like the Preview of Ep 3.
Tombow
Next episode's preview, from FMA series-2 official JP site Story page (quick translation by me)

Episode 3: Town with a Heretical Religion
(This is just a temporary episode title till the airing of official English sub. ^^)

"Ed and Al heard the rumor about the town with a heretical religion with the founder who is said to perform "miracle," and travel to the town of Reole to investigate. They learn that Cornello, founder of the heretical religion Leto, peforms alchemy that does not follow "Equivalent Exchange." In the town, they meet a girl, Rose, and she takes them to meet Cornello at his temple...."
fullmoon
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 14 2009, 01:55 PM) *
Next episode's preview, from FMA series-2 official JP site Story page (quick translation by me)

(This is just a temporary episode title till the airing of official English sub. ^^)

"Ed and Al heard the rumor about the town with a heretical religion with the founder who is said to perform "miracle," and travel to the town of Reole to investigate. They learn that Cornello, founder of the heretical religion Leto, peforms alchemy that does not follow "Equivalent Exchange." In the town, they meet a girl, Rose, and she takes them to meet Cornello at his temple...."

Thanks Tombow! Always such a legend with these translations wink.gif.

I'm looking forward to this episode happy.gif. It looked great in the preview.

I would love to see this: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fullmetal_al...01/c002/14.html

XD Love that part!
Full Metal Elf
^^ AHA...that part was awesome!

I agree...they can't skip Yoki and Youswell!! It's so important later especially because of all people, Yoki becomes important later and teams up with scar (which still makes me giggle, btw)

I don't know! I honestly feel I can't judge this new series until I see the entire first season and how it's paced. I wouldn't have fallen for the other anime without watching the WHOLE thing (honestly, as interesting as Lior was in the first one, it was also kind of boring IMO). I fell in love with FMA1 after getting past Lab 5 and Scar and such.

So far, I like the pacing though and I'm keeping an open mind. biggrin.gif
fullmoon
QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Apr 14 2009, 04:03 PM) *

I agree...they can't skip Yoki and Youswell!! It's so important later especially because of all people, Yoki becomes important later and teams up with scar (which still makes me giggle, btw)

I don't know! I honestly feel I can't judge this new series until I see the entire first season and how it's paced. I wouldn't have fallen for the other anime without watching the WHOLE thing (honestly, as interesting as Lior was in the first one, it was also kind of boring IMO). I fell in love with FMA1 after getting past Lab 5 and Scar and such.

*laughs* Yay! Just look at his evil expression. It's so funny XD.

Yes, i agree with you too. That's why i haven't stopped blabbing about Yoki because he is important in the manga and has a bigger role.

Same, 2 episodes is not nearly enough to base a judgment.
I re-watched the Lior episodes in the first anime series and i really liked it but i see where your coming from. As i felt the same way at one point until i watched it so many times XD.

Good on ya, that's the best way to enjoy the new series wink.gif
Gukumatz
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 13 2009, 08:55 PM) *

Thanks!

I find it curious that they are calling Leto (which is the closest thing FMA has to church Christianity* in the manga) heretical... according to who? I think according to alchemists like Edward Elric and their ideas about Equivalent Exchange. It's another point for alchemy being like a religion to its practicioners. It's a way of life for them. It's funny, because in that story arc it is the people of Lior who are calling Edward the heretic. Hahaha. It's one of those words... whoever grabs it first...

*I say "church Christianity" because I think the Ishvalan religion, with its more abstract God, is probably closer in spirit to Christianity. Leto the Sun God is rather pagan, but outwardly it looks Christian.
Sannom
Leto is a sect for me, Ishbala is the only true religion in that world.
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE (fullmoon @ Apr 14 2009, 03:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Apr 14 2009, 04:03 PM) *

*laughs* Yay! Just look at his evil expression. It's so funny XD.

Yes, i agree with you too. That's why i haven't stopped blabbing about Yoki because he is important in the manga and has a bigger role.

Same, 2 episodes is not nearly enough to base a judgment.
I re-watched the Lior episodes in the first anime series and i really liked it but i see where your coming from. As i felt the same way at one point until i watched it so many times XD.

Good on ya, that's the best way to enjoy the new series wink.gif

I know, so I hope they find a way to work Youswell in somehow. I'm not a huge fan of them rushing through all this early stuff...buuut...I have my hopes-up that it'll slow down soon. Once they get past the stuff that was animated already in FMA1.

To me the first major changes between the manga and FMA1 happen with Nina/Tucker (Scar killing both of them and not just Nina). And with Lab 5 (No Chimera!Tucker and Greed being released at end and such). . It'll be when that stuff happens I'll really be paying attention. I really need to go back and re-read the first few volumes of the manga and remember what happened when and how fast in that format.
Miranger
First off let me say how glad i am i found this site where people are discussing this new season of FMA!

My question is: Does anyone know exactly what should we expect from this season or version of the anime?
after watching the first 2 episodes it seems like they're just gonna show the story again with small changes
as of right now just playing catch up. But im wondering exactly where does the "changes" actually begin....
or should we just expect the same story retold and then add more to it...

because let me be honest i am excited to see this cartoon comeback but thoroughly disappointed that it was basically a
recap from the old one as of right now.
black~hayate
QUOTE (Miranger @ Apr 14 2009, 01:20 PM) *
First off let me say how glad i am i found this site where people are discussing this new season of FMA!

My question is: Does anyone know exactly what should we expect from this season or version of the anime?
after watching the first 2 episodes it seems like they're just gonna show the story again with small changes
as of right now just playing catch up. But im wondering exactly where does the "changes" actually begin....
or should we just expect the same story retold and then add more to it...

because let me be honest i am excited to see this cartoon comeback but thoroughly disappointed that it was basically a
recap from the old one as of right now.

Hi Miranger. Welcome to the forums! Yep, we all are FMA obsessed.
Well, have you ever read the manga? Well, if yes, you'll know the differences between the manga and the first anime. They are really, really really different. It starts with Dr. Tuckers death, it's different. The end of the anime is completely different with the manga storyline, there are tons of differences.

Well, and now they are creating an Anime, what's more manga based.
So, there will be alot of differences later, don't worry wink.gif
Tombow
@Miranger - Welcome to the board!! ^^ Yeah, as black~hayate explained it so well, it is going to be a remake of FMA anime, based on manga FMA, and not a sequel of the last FMA anime series. But, it's a different story, so I hope you will enjoy watching this series also!! ^^

QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Apr 14 2009, 03:56 AM) *
I find it curious that they are calling Leto (which is the closest thing FMA has to church Christianity* in the manga) heretical... according to who? I think according to alchemists like Edward Elric and their ideas about Equivalent Exchange. It's another point for alchemy being like a religion to its practicioners. It's a way of life for them. It's funny, because in that story arc it is the people of Lior who are calling Edward the heretic. Hahaha. It's one of those words... whoever grabs it first... ....

@Gukumatz - Exactly!! That was the kind of thought going through my mind while I was translating. biggrin.gif I thought of opting to translate Leto as "cult," but that might invoke some wrong image also, so I opted out to translate just as what the raw says, and wait and see how the official sub would treat this. ^^
Miranger
I didn't read the manga so this should be new to me!
Hopefully it doesn't have a weird ending like the shambala movie.
Kyelinn
The manga is still going! You should read it. biggrin.gif It has a truly amazing story. happy.gif
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Miranger @ Apr 14 2009, 04:02 PM) *
I didn't read the manga so this should be new to me!
Hopefully it doesn't have a weird ending like the shambala movie.

Read the manga as it's still on-going. All of the characters that you know of are more fleshed-out in terms of their relations & motives regarding other people and they also introduce characters that weren't featured in the previous season. Plus the hierarchy of the Homonculi is different as well.
black~hayate
Yeah, you really should read it. Because it's easier to understand the new anime when you readed the manga. You'll see. And it's really exciting, and very very very awesome, so you have nothing to loose =P
Sannom
Who here thinks that we will have a filler in episode 4 or 5 (more likely 4) where we will see Scar take care of Basque Gran? I'm sure we've seen the Iron Blood Alchemist's alchemy in one of the teaser, and I think they will most likely showcase a little bit of his execution by Scar.
Sword Alchemist
I'm looking forward to seeing Denny Brosh and Maria Ross make their appearance.

In the manga, Maria is more of a major character. And Denny doesn't seem as dorky as his season 1 counterpart. Their going to be actual characters, not just comic relief.

spectator
talking about the military dogs, i wonder when black hayate, the true military dog, will be introduced. Since in the manga, i recall that the story of how Riza adopted Hayate is appeared in the gaiden.
Full Metal Elf
^^
They have to remake Fullmetal vs. Flame! happy.gif happy.gif;;

lol...I'd watch it again. Best episode ever.
Kyelinn
Does anybody else think they're gonna cry come the next episode? The first season Nina story had me absolutely bawling. I'm really sensitive though. ^^;
fullmoon
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Apr 21 2009, 01:49 PM) *
Does anybody else think they're gonna cry come the next episode? The first season Nina story had me absolutely bawling. I'm really sensitive though. ^^;

Definitely, I felt such sadness and sorrow for Nina after watching episode 7 of the first series ( and i was rather terrified after learning what Tucker had done). It was really really powerful and I'm sure the episode 4 of brotherhood will be the same.

Scar should be introduced in the next episode (having just reread chapter 5) and i can't wait to hear his voice!

I'm really looking forward to the episodes coming up! It's going to be exciting! Hopefully they can slip in Youswell somewhere...
Kyelinn
Haha I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Even the manga chapter had me all choked up. I think it was poor Ed's expressions and words at that point, plus all the rain too really sets the mood. It's so sad.

Oooh I know, I'm so eager for Scar to show up! It's gonna be so good! I wonder if they'll be able to get Youswell in there or not...Yoki is going to play an important part later on in the manga! >.< They'd best not cut him out!!
fullmoon
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Apr 21 2009, 02:13 PM) *
Haha I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Even the manga chapter had me all choked up. I think it was poor Ed's expressions and words at that point, plus all the rain too really sets the mood. It's so sad.

Oooh I know, I'm so eager for Scar to show up! It's gonna be so good! I wonder if they'll be able to get Youswell in there or not...Yoki is going to play an important part later on in the manga! >.< They'd best not cut him out!!

I couldn't agree with you more....Arakawa's drawings convey so much raw emotion that i too, felt all these emotions. Of Horror, Sadness, Grief....and i just love Ed's line "we're Human Beings and we couldn't even save one little girl!"...in fact it wasn't only that line but many that made it such a powerful chapter...I agree...that it is sad...I've heard some people aren't looking forward to the next episode because of what happens...to Nina...That really shows that it was so moving for all of us...

Aw, Hell yeah! I want to see him so badly! and i agree, that it will be awesome!/

I hope they don't cut him either! Hopefully they had a look at the previous chapters and see how important he is later and also realize how important Youswell is...as this is where we are introduced to Mei-chan.
Sannom
Your last sentence made me smile, because [spoil]if someone called Mei "Mei-chan", I could totally see her asking "Why are you using my last name?" laugh.gif [/spoil]

QUOTE ("fullmoon")
Scar should be introduced in the next episode (having just reread chapter 5) and i can't wait to hear his voice!

It just stroke me how "cliché" his introduction is in the manga. tongue.gif You have Tucker sitting with his "creation", and then suddenly lightning ( + thunder) illuminate the door, and here you see a man, his face still hidden in the shadow. How overly dramatic, but so fitting for the man who says that he is "destruction from above".
spectator
Another scene that I would like to see is when Roy was playing chess with Grumman. I like the 'marry my grandaughter' line. happy.gif
Tombow
The preview intro of the 4th episode on FMA series-2 official JP Web site:

第4話「錬金術師の苦悩」

ロイより「綴命の錬金術師」ショウ・タッカーを紹介されたエドとアル。タッカーは2年前、人語を解する合成獣(キメラ)の錬成に成功した生体錬成の権威であった。タッカー宅で資料を探す間、その娘・ニーナと親しくなるエド達。一方、年に一度行われる国家錬金術師の「査定」日を前に、タッカーは焦りを募らせていた。

(translation by me, the episode title is from official English sub on Funimation)

Episode 4: "An Alchemist's Anguish"

Ed and Al are introduced to "Sewing-Life Alchemist" Shou Tucker by Roy. Two years ago, Tucker has created a chimera that could talk human language, and since then he has been known as the authority in that field of Alchemy. While continuing their research at Tucker's home, Ed and Al meet Tucker's daughter, Nina. Meanwhile, Tucker's annual assessment for his State Alchemist status is drawing near, and Tucker is in distress (to produce some measurable results for his research as the Life-Sawing Alchemist for the annual assessment)....

-------

This episode will air in Japan this Sunday, April 26, 5PM Japan time. smile.gif
Full Metal Elf
I can't wait for this episode...but I know I'm going to cry T_T.

I wonder if Scar will kill them at the end of this episode or not. He could...and we don't meet him yet. I think it'll be a killing, but no official Scar intro until the following episode.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.