Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood Ending Theme Vid Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tombow
So, the first episode is out today in Japan. Please post your opinions, discussions and screen shots for the ending vid of FMA series-2 (visual and sound) here. biggrin.gif

ED theme music:

1. 'Uso' - by SID (Episode 1 ~ 14)
Watch the ED vid.
Click to view attachment

2. 'LET IT OUT' - by Miho FUKUHARA (福原美穂) (Episode 15 ~ 26)
Watch the ED vid.
Click to view attachment

3. 'Tsunaida Te' by Lil' B (Episode 26 ~ 38)
Watch the ED vid.
Click to view attachment

4. 'Shunkan Sentimental' by Scandal (Episode 39 ~ 50)
Watch the ED vid.
Click to view attachment

5. 'RAY OF LIGHT' by Shoko NAKAGAWA (Episode 51 ~ 62)
Watch the ED vid.
Watch the ED vid on Random Curiosity (Click on Streaming under ED5 Sequence)
Click to view attachment

<Last updated by Michiyo- on July 14, 2011>
amestris_star
And here's the ending:

The link is no longer valid. Sorry. sad.gif
Tombow
Oh, my, they really are fast!!

Thank you, amestris_star!! biggrin.gif
fullmoon
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 5 2009, 07:07 PM) *

Thanks Amestris_star!

Aw, Ed and Al at the end are just adorable =D
amestris_star
You're welcome wink.gif

Yeah, seeing the brothers at the end made me go AWWWWW!
You need some cute moments in FMA too wink.gif
Alzea
amestris_star, is right, now FMA anime will be getting darker and darker so we need some cute moments too biggrin.gif Anyway I like this ED^^
edo little kid
Awwwwwww

it's so cute & funny I love it !!

thanks a lot amestris_star ^o^
Kasumisty
Ed is in the ED in the ED in the ED...

Well, I kinda wtfed at the ending "what the hell is this, some kind of internet cartoon?!" and I will hold to my statement until... it changes ;f

Apart from that, it was kinda funny and at the end of the ending lil' Ed and Al make me wtf once more. Well, song is nice
kelen
Atmosphere of the ending imo is very good. I enjoyed watching sequences with SID song.
amestris_star
The more I see it, the more it makes me love it <3
Popogeejo

It's awesome. I won't hear a word said against it.
FMAobsessed
I wasn't expecting the ending to be like that. But I still liked it. I liked gluttony and the scene with the cat.
Cece
I'm so glad it shows the lighter side of FMA.
Little Washu
It's really cute >w< But as far as songs go, I will have to choose "Again" by YUI (OP). The way it("Uso") sounds though, it has a real FMA feel though, like the OPs from series 1, so I just love it~

Damn, it just occurred to me that FUNI will probably dub this ED (and the OP) D:
And something tells me Vic will be singing it, and Caitlin Glass will steal that OP...
Becca-chan
Well I have to admit that I was also one of those people who wasn't expecting the ending to be the way that it was either.

But to me, it was a very pleasant surprise; the song is awesome and the visuals that go with it are the most cutest things that I've ever seen!
I loved the chibi doodles of all the characters as they appeared and just how the whole thing flowed together! happy.gif

Plus ( although it could be coincidence) at the part that goes from 1: 24 to 1: 27 on the ending, it makes me think of one of the parts from either the 3rd opening or 4th opening that was in the first FMA anime.
A possible tribute to it maybe? ( whether it was intentional or not, that part still made me feel happy)

The only thing that makes me sad is that I know that the series is bound to get darker as it goes on, and the ending could be seen as being pretty deceiving ( which fits with the word 'Lie' I guess ^^; ) yet I just know that when they change the ending ( if they do, they probably will at some point) I'll feel upset. XD;
Kasumisty
Plus ( although it could be coincidence) at the part that goes from 1: 24 to 1: 27 on the ending, it makes me think of one of the parts from either the 3rd opening or 4th opening that was in the first FMA anime.

Yeah, it was almost identical to the end of opening "Rewrite"

I like in that ending the part when line dissapears from Ed's watch. Sealed with alchemy, huh xd
Becca-chan
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Apr 5 2009, 10:35 PM) *

I like in that ending the part when line dissapears from Ed's watch. Sealed with alchemy, huh xd

XD! Yeah that's true, Hehe...maybe Ed's alchemy has 'sealing' and 'unsealing' properties?
Kasumisty
I think he just melts some of the metal, or something xd
fullmoon
I watched the episode again with subs and i love how the lyrics in the song match the visuals =D
Also to see a cat come out of Al's Armour was so cute! happy.gif
FMAobsessed
I think it is funny how in the first anime the openings were done by male bands and vocalist. But now it is reversed. I wonder if it will be like that for the other openings and endings.
Mercy_Alchemist94
I was a little against the style when I first saw the screenshot, but as the video played I started getting use to it and I really like it now. It's so cute and awesome at the same time, my favorite scene would have to be when Al couldn't jump over a particular rock. XD "*Hop,hop,hop* NII-SAN! *Hop,hop,hop*"

The ending surprised me though. I thought they were into alchemy, not animation and fortune-telling! tongue.gif

One thing I have against the ending, though . . . The song didn't seem to fit the animation at all. I mean, of course they couldn't do something completely goofy but it sounds too serious of a song to me. (Then again, I didn't have subtitles, so it may be a light-hearted song.)
FailToImpress
I don't know if this is just me but it says that video posted up there was been removed due to violation of copyright.
I've seen it anyway so I'm not bothered but gahhhh, youtube suck nowadays.
Tombow
@FailToImpress- Thank you for letting us know.

(...I wish the official FMA-2 JP site would show the OP and ED on their site... tongue.gif )
Artixte
At the very end of the ED Theme, seeing Edward and Alphonse drawing all those pictures made me practically rip my heart out and place it on the keyboard. It was just so supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-ly cute :3 I loved the part when that kitty came out of Al's armor and I thought it reminded me a bit of that old show Chalk Zone when I first watched it ha ha ^^
Asagi
Well, this is my first time posting in this forum although I am not new blush.gif .....I really love the new ending...it's so cute wub.gif , I like the part of the cat too wub.gif
fullmoon

Yeah happy.gif
Perhaps it was for those who watched the first series 0.0.

my favorite scene would have to be when Al couldn't jump over a particular rock. XD "*Hop,hop,hop* NII-SAN! *Hop,hop,hop*"

I love that part too! Oh and we can't forget the cat XD Loved this bit as well.

Trakonda
Aww, the ending was really cute! I think actually the song fits all the cuteness quite well o.o It was actually pretty light-hearted song, even with the rock parts. Must be the singer's voice, or something.
I loved the tree scene when Ed just stares at the screen, the stretches and goes to sleep.. there was something adorable in that one. XD Armstrong in his chibi form.. yeah, I liked that one too O_o And the kitten in Al's armor!

Ah yes, that ending.. I totally had a flashback on that one, as well! "oh my gosh, that's from Rewrite! o_o"
It was just as if kid Ed and Al actually had some memories from their past adventures. (..or alternate ones, as I should really say XD ) Lovely Ending, definitely different, but lovely. :3
Hagane no Baka
I guess the ending was okay.. too cute for FMA in my opinion though.
FailToImpress
^I think it is somewhat *too* cute, but that's probably the last we'll see of the cuteness. Later when things become more serious and important the new OP/EDs will follow suit...If there are going to be new ones, which I'm sure there will be. smile.gif

I too noticed the similarities with that part on the railway line from this new ending and Rewrite.
Blood_Rose22
QUOTE (Mercy_Alchemist94 @ Apr 6 2009, 12:06 AM) *
I was a little against the style when I first saw the screenshot, but as the video played I started getting use to it and I really like it now. It's so cute and awesome at the same time, my favorite scene would have to be when Al couldn't jump over a particular rock. XD "*Hop,hop,hop* NII-SAN! *Hop,hop,hop*"

The ending surprised me though. I thought they were into alchemy, not animation and fortune-telling! tongue.gif

One thing I have against the ending, though . . . The song didn't seem to fit the animation at all. I mean, of course they couldn't do something completely goofy but it sounds too serious of a song to me. (Then again, I didn't have subtitles, so it may be a light-hearted song.)

Actually, even though the animation looks all light-hearted and such, I saw a subbed version, and it fits perfectly, even though it is a serious song xD
The animation isn't as happy as it seems. Like the part where winry is at the table, it says something like "waiting for the depressing news on a tabletop" then she looks down and sighs. It's just like how she feels. Then it goes to the scene with all in a room alone at night, and says, "those empty nights, those dawns I felt wouldn't come." It's because Al can't sleep in his armor, and then it has ed lying in bed all depressed, waiting for the sun.
Vagrant
The song is okay, but the animation is just awesome.

Only problem is that it's suddenly a bit too light hearted for say, the ending of this weeks' episode.
Turdaewen
Does anyone has the mp3 for that song in a better quality? the copy that seems to be going around isn't that good...
Kasumisty
QUOTE (Vagrant @ Apr 27 2009, 05:30 AM) *
Only problem is that it's suddenly a bit too light hearted for say, the ending of this weeks' episode.

I guess this is, what people call "irony". The song used for the ending animation is pretty sad/serious itself
Vagrant
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ May 29 2009, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Vagrant @ Apr 27 2009, 05:30 AM) *

I guess this is, what people call "irony". The song used for the ending animation is pretty sad/serious itself
Shrug. Lyrics might be, but its still an upbeat tune.
Rainshine
I like the ending. It's sooo cute!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
kkg22104
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ May 29 2009, 08:27 AM) *
Does anyone has the mp3 for that song in a better quality? the copy that seems to be going around isn't that good...

I think I know what you mean, the mp3 that I have is a little scratchy at times, but I haven't been able to find a better one yet. Maybe the song hasn't officially come out yet in Japan... *shrug* I'm happy with my copy though happy.gif
Alzea
New ED:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/AL_vpOyE9c8/
biggrin.gif
First posted here by Alchemist94
amestris_star
Thanks for that Alzea!
Now I'm getting curious about the OP too biggrin.gif
Forsaken Love
im gonna miss the old ending T_T lol i loved it and the song is pure awesome! But im really liking the new song too though happy.gif can't wait to see the visuals too
thunderbreak
thanks for it smile.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks Alzea!
I like the new ED, and tomorrow we'll see it with visuals. biggrin.gif Can't wait for that.
edo little kid
The new ED look Coooool Cooool^o^//**
Aaaaaaaah Can't wait for see it with visuals!!!

thank you ~Alzea
Kasumisty
I've expected at least something more original. Thos song left completely no impression on me. Prefer Uso.
Forsaken Love
hafta say i prefer uso too, but uso was just epic by ending and even opening standards, when i first heard it, i thought it was easily good enough to be an op and i loved it to bits! But this one is still really good! I've heard soooooooo many ending songs in anime that are really epic fail compared to this so im happy
fullmoon
Thanks Alzea! ^__^

The song is really beautiful. I love how it's upbeat and strong. I can't wait to see visuals too =D

I'm so excited to see the new OP and ED! I can't wait! It's like getting a birthday present XD

Though, i will miss Again and Uso...They both have been the best Opening and Ending I've ever seen. They were both so Visually stunning and the songs were so unique and beautiful ^__^.

I'm so sorry for being offtopic by talking about the opening XD
Jealous Rogo
While Uso was quirky and unique, I have to say that my first reaction to LET IT OUT was 'oh great, another generic anime ending' but after having watched it a few times, it's starting to grow on me. I think at this point in the series, it's a bit out of place, but with what's to come, this ending could really, really work well. In fact, I would not be surprised if BONES did their old trick of changing the ending for one episode using this (they did it for both Soul Eater and the original FullMetal Alchemist so is not a complete impossibility)

All in all I find the new ending is a bit of a letdown compared to Uso, but I think that it's still far and away much better than some of the endings we got given in the first series (of which I only really liked the first and last ones, and even then not much)

Weird Side Note - Why the hell is May Chang shown at sunset while every other character is shown during the day? I'm wracking my brains to figure that one out. It's obviously got some kind of meaning but I'm not sure what they're trying to hint at.

Less Weird Side Note - I also like the shot of Winry looking on in awe quickly followed by a shot of Ed's back. Nicely done.
allykatty1

Less Weird Side Note - I also like the shot of Winry looking on in awe quickly followed by a shot of Ed's back. Nicely done.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree!!! biggrin.gif I would have probably liked the song in any case (somehow mellow, upbeat and full of deep sentiment all at the same time, plus amazing vocals... I'm going to have to investigate this Miho more!), but having not listened to any previews of the song and seeing it for the first time there with the visuals, my inner fan just screamed, "EDWIN" straight off the bat and I was instantly won over. O_O Most similarly reminds me of "Motherland" by Crystal Kay from the first anime, but this song feels even more promising since I know what's coming from the manga plotline. biggrin.gif

Plus, I understand a lot of the lyrics all by myself. Looking forward to finding a full translation though. smile.gif
Kirara
I actually really like the new ending as well. Although I like the opening sequence more I think the ending song is quite pretty. And I like how it's quiet and peaceful, contrasting with the more action orientated opening. Because that is sort of my feeling about FMA anyone. It has a lot of great action and exciting parts. But it does have those more quiet moments.

And I really loved how they showed the montage of all the photos and then jumped to Hohenheim. I thought that was very fitting. smile.gif
Jealous Rogo
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jul 13 2009, 05:27 AM) *
And I really loved how they showed the montage of all the photos and then jumped to Hohenheim. I thought that was very fitting. smile.gif

I have to admit I found that both fitting and rather amusing. I know it's not what they were going for, but it ended up looking to me like they were trying to keep Hohenheim's face a secret. Which is amusing when you consider his face is one of the first things we saw in the first opening.
Trakonda
Yes, I seriously love the new ending too. While Usos one was cute and pretty unique, the new ending is simply beautiful. The windy scenes showing everyone's backs, those photos, a calm song in the backround.. Loved it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.