Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 22 (chapters 88, 89, 90, & 91)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Kasumisty
~ Volume 22: Cover Is Out! ~

If you ask me, the perspective seems to be slightly off and the art doesn't look good... I think Arakawa wants to end this manga quickly now...

But I love Elric Family Reunition, Ed seems to get on better with his father now :f And hey, a photo of Trisha in the background! And how different is this from volume 11 cover.. then they were facing in other directions, burining their home in the background, now sitting on couch (well, Al behind it) in a house reminding their own. So cute.
paca
thanks for sharing! <3

I think that perspective, like in many mangas , is overdone to give movement...not a "classical perpective from books~~" but at last when you see it ...it all fits ;D
Tombow
Thank you, Kasumisty!!!! happy.gif

Good eye for catching Trisha's pic in the back!!
I would have missed it had it not been mentioned on your post!! biggrin.gif
I like the color, and yes, I like the fact that Ed is sitting with Hohemheim. ^^
Havanese
I think the perspective looks off, but overall, the cover looks pretty good. Is it just me, though, or does Al look, erm, bluer than usual?
lunneth
i need to see proper picky now.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
that cover is so cool. i so can't wait for it to come out. happy.gif
edo little kid
WoooooW !!!

the cover is so cute
Ed is sitting with Hohemheim !! \'o'/
I like it !!!

thanks a lot Kasumisty-chan -^o^-
Mercy_Alchemist94
Honestly, the only thing that looks off to me is Ed's jaw . . . Then again, I'm only on volume 8(9 maybe?) in the manga so maybe his jaw line changed and I'm not used to it.(Rather than it being anatomically incorrect.)
Unown
If I'm being really honest, I don't really like this cover blink.gif
I'm nog saying it does not look good; the quality and colors and stuff are looking great, but I just don't think there's a lot of interesting stuff to see. Imo it's a boring cover this time. So I'm hoping for a really really cool one when next volume is coming out <3
But that will probably take some time =/

OH, btw, does anyone know who is on the spine of this volume (and on the spine of volume 21) biggrin.gif
amestris_star
There's a... strange feeling about it... it's like... the cover showing: the calm before the storm.

I suppose that we will have epic covers coming up for the next volumes >)
Makika
hehehe, Edo's face is a little strange... hsuishuis

but I like biggrin.gif
Cece
I like it. The family's relationship has changed so much just by looking at the manga volume covers. I love the picture of Trisha in the background. biggrin.gif
Animeoldtimer
I like the scene. I don't like how Ed's face is drawn. However, I can't draw at all so overall I like it. biggrin.gif
Tombow
Umm... about Ed's face... I'm guessing that in this pic, Ed is deliberately looking the other way and making a strange face, like this, with his lower lip slightly pushed out, hence the strange jawline?? ^^ BTW, that facial expression, I think, is like, how Japanese call "shikato = deliberately ignore" face, like, when a teenager is forced to stay in a same room with someone, and he will grudgingly do it (stay in a presence of that person,) but just to show his disapproval of the person, he will make a "ignore" face ...kind of way. biggrin.gif If so, I thought it was rather fitting. ^^
Full Metal Elf
I LOVE it! Great photo. biggrin.gif
amestris_star
http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_m...26.html?#cutid1
This month's GanGan cover and spread from Chapter 94.

@Tombow: Do you think we should start a new thread on Chapter 94 now?
Tombow
@amestris_star - Yes, please go ahead and open chapter 94 preview pic thread, then we can turn that to a full chapter 94 Spoiler Party thread later as more stuff get posted. biggrin.gif
Rannika03
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 8 2009, 08:24 PM) *
http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_m...26.html?#cutid1
This month's GanGan cover and spread from Chapter 94.

thanks for sharing biggrin.gif as you said in an earlier post. I kinda feel the same about the picture "the calm before the storm"
Tombow
QUOTE (Unown @ Apr 4 2009, 09:29 AM) *
OH, btw, does anyone know who is on the spine of this volume (and on the spine of volume 21) biggrin.gif

Sloth? (That's what a Japanese blog site says, but plesae don't sue me if I'm wrong. XD)

Also, on somewhat related news, Vol. 23 is coming out in August in Japan, and Guidebook 3 will be out in Japan on May 29. smile.gif
amestris_star
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 13 2009, 08:09 PM) *

Sloth? (That's what a Japanese blog site says, but plesae don't sue me if I'm wrong. XD)

Also, on somewhat related news, Vol. 23 is coming out in August in Japan, and Guidebook 3 will be out in Japan on May 29. smile.gif

Guidebook *___*
Alzea
Guidebook, nice^^ I'm actually waiting for a new artbook~! Nah, maybe when manga will end or something...

Sloth is on 21 or 22?
Tombow
^ 22. ^^

For 21 I have to dig up "21 cover" thread somewhere in this forum. XD
(I'll check later after I'm done some other FMA related translation. ^^)
Anakishi
volume 21 has gluttony on the spine. smile.gif
Tombow
^ Thank you, Anakishi!! ^^

Also, I stand corrected... it seems that it is not exactly Guidebook, but more of a collection of articles, interviews, info, etc. on FMA anime series-2. (Still, I'm very much interested to read it. ^^)

QUOTE (Alzea @ Apr 13 2009, 02:37 PM) *
I'm actually waiting for a new artbook~! Nah, maybe when manga will end or something...

@Alzea - Yes!!! I love FMA artbook, and if they will make another FMA artbook, that will make me sooo happy!! ^^

Back to discussions on Vol. 22 cover...
I didn't notice previously, but not only Ed, but Hohenheim is also making a strange face, and after viewing a larger pic I finally noticed that Hohenheim is cleaning his glasses. ^^ And also, about the strange perspective thingy.. that overly exaggerate distance perspective with the things closer are shown overly large and things farther are shown overly small.. that seems to be "in" kind of thing in Japan currently?? Just wondering... ^^
Sensenic
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Apr 2 2009, 11:42 AM) *
If you ask me, the perspective seems to be slightly off and the art doesn't look good... I think Arakawa wants to end this manga quickly now...

If you ask me, not "now", but for a while...
This month she used the same art for the cover and volume, and the poll didn't get any new art, just the silly 1st page. sad.gif

(Then again, there was the special illustration for the game, but...)

And Juushin Enbu is going monthly on GanGan from next month on. sleep.gif

Good thing it's still amazing overall, but I haven't been able to completely shake off this feeling of Arakawa sensei wanting to get done with it ever since Briggs.
Kyelinn
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 13 2009, 01:09 PM) *

Do you have any idea if they'll be translating Guidebook 2 into English and selling it or not? I have the first one, but hell I had no idea she'd made a 2nd one AND a 3rd one!? =O
Tombow
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Apr 16 2009, 11:17 AM) *
Do you have any idea if they'll be translating Guidebook 2 into English and selling it or not? I have the first one, but hell I had no idea she'd made a 2nd one AND a 3rd one!? =O

@Kyelinn - There is already an English version of Guidebook 2, and I think it's discussed on FMA Perfect Guidebook 2 thread. ^^ As for the third one, it's not even out in Japan (if any) yet. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.