Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 93 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Sannom
I don't think Winry will be showing up any time soon.

I think we shouldn't underestimate Wrath's power of nuisance... Somehow I think he would include either Riza or Winry in his little course of action.
RoyxRizaFan
QUOTE (Sannom @ Mar 12 2009, 07:02 PM) *
I don't think Winry will be showing up any time soon.

I think we shouldn't underestimate Wrath's power of nuisance... Somehow I think he would include either Riza or Winry in his little course of action.

Only reason I wasn't thinking that was because they already had Winry hostage when she came to Briggs and they tried to get Ed to work with them by using her against him or something...but anything is possible, I guess. Who knows what Arakawa will do next? (I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately LOL)
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 12 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Which brings me back to wondering what'll go down between Hoho and Father. Will there be an epic duel?

OMG, I hope not. Not because I don't think it would be cool or anything. No, it would be awesome! It's just, it would be like when to people pick the same character in Soul Caliber! They wearing different colors, and there are slight differences in what style they're wearing, but you still get lost and end up thinking you're the other guy and you loose!(Wait, I had a point there, but it sorta disappeared.....Oh, well. You know what I mean.)
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
well i just finshing reading ch 93 of the manga and i want the next chapter of the manga to be out now. unsure.gif unsure.gif

that was such good chapter. sad.gif
Master Jack Ryerson
I read this chapter yesterday on onemanga. I adore it. smile.gif
Animeoldtimer
I have no clue what Arakawa will do with Father and Hoho. All I know is Father said Hoho will become part of his body. I'm interested to see what they both have planned. Also MIA are Izumi, Greed, and Ran Fan.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Mar 13 2009, 03:23 PM) *
I have no clue what Arakawa will do with Father and Hoho. All I know is Father said Hoho will become part of his body. I'm interested to see what they both have planned. Also MIA are Izumi, Greed, and Ran Fan.

oh ya i complety forgot about father and Hoho. i wonder when they are coming back for the most epic fight in this centry. ( sorry i can't spell worth poop at the moment, aslo i can't type either. dry.gif )
spectator
QUOTE (Liska @ Mar 13 2009, 02:17 AM) *
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Mar 12 2009, 09:50 AM) *
QUOTE (Andie @ Mar 10 2009, 06:17 PM) *
And did Pride deliberately send Al and the others in Central?

It's too bad there wasn't another beat after Hawkeye said "useless", we almost got to see Mustang growing mushrooms again XD

I thought about that too. I absolutely love those mushrooms ))

I think Hawkeye already made her revenge by ignoring Mustang right after Mustang told Scar not to order him.
Claudius
QUOTE (Sannom @ Mar 12 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Well, let's wait until we see which side Wrath is actually on. It strikes me as unusual that he sent Winry to Briggs- right into the good guy's hands!- or gave Riza a chance to run to Roy's group instead of keeping both of them under the Homunculus' watchful control. If he is on the good guy's side, it makes sense. If he's still a villain...pretty stupid.

Anime vs. Manga
The scales of major characters whose permanent deaths in both versions helped the story seems balanced in importance. The deaths of Gran, most of the Greed-chimeras, and Lust's death worked in both. Hughes' worked well in both (though AnimeHughes had the advantage of having a bigger role and the way the series structured his death as the midway point of the series). Bedo's death served the manga more (freeing GreedLing). Gluttony and Kimbley's deaths served the anime more than the manga (I dunno; opening gates, creating animate bombs/philosopher stones, and causing emotional trauma has more depth then becoming Homunculus food).

Finally...
Roy vs. Envy! I hoped for this fight since the anime was drawing to a close on Cartoon Network (not that AnimeEnvy's fate was a disappointment). However...
1) I get this horrible feeling that, just like the anime, our last view of Hughes is going to be spoiled by Envy's nasty impersonation (at least the anime gave Nazi Hughes a happy ending).
2) Shouldn't Envy's fate go to someone else? Roy already took one Homunculus down.
3) Seeing the Avenging Roy is cool, but isn't he falling into the same path that hurt his anime counterpart? He has to be the better man to honor Hughes, and killing Envy for vengeance will betray that vision (Killing Lust was a different matter- self-defense and protecting Riza- and Roy probably knows the train explosion only slowed Bradley, not kill him). Envy should die for the sake of mankind, not to satisfy the angry grief over a lost friend (which in truth, will bring no fulfillment).
4) Isn't Envy supposed to freeze instead of burn, unless Roy can somehow drain the heat from an area, lowing the temperature to below zero.

I got to dust off that Buffyverse/FMAverse fanfiction of mine. This also involves the butt-kicking of a certain Homunculus.
jacksparrow589
Claudius- Your last bit about Envy brought up a few points that bugged me, too. The third and fourth points are of valid concern to me. Four for obvious reasons once it's read, and three because, well, exactly the way you said it. Your second point is also a sticking point with me. I really don't think we'll have a repeat. (At least, I really hope not.) To the contrary, I wonder if something's gonna happen early on in the game that plays into 2) and 4).

Thanks for the food for thought! Now I get to wait in suspense for the next month.
Andie
QUOTE (Claudius @ Mar 15 2009, 09:44 AM) *
QUOTE (Sannom @ Mar 12 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Well, let's wait until we see which side Wrath is actually on. It strikes me as unusual that he sent Winry to Briggs- right into the good guy's hands!- or gave Riza a chance to run to Roy's group instead of keeping both of them under the Homunculus' watchful control. If he is on the good guy's side, it makes sense. If he's still a villain...pretty stupid.

I agree... I really wonder why he didn't keep Hawkeye closer to him. As for Winry, maybe he thought Kimbley was enough to keep an eye on her? I dunno...

I also think it's a bit difficult to see which side he'll join. Of all the Homonculus (beside Greedling), he's the only one who showed real interest in humans. The conversation he had with Pride (can't remember the chapter) could almost be seen as mutinous. And of course, he pratically admitted to Hawkeye that he has some kind of feelings for his wife. Really, I wonder how this will play out... I can't wait especially to see his reaction to Mrs Bradley's kidnapping.

(It's a bit funny to say he's the less, erm, villainous Homonculus, considering he engineered a war which almost wiped out an entire race. blink.gif . Then again, we did it a couple of times and we're not crazy Philosopher's-stone-fuelled immortal superhumans. sad.gif )
RoyxRizaFan
Wow, you brought up some good points, Claudius, particuarly #3. As for #4, if they died according to what they were meant to, is Gluttony really dead? He's meant to eat snakes or rats to die, apparently, and he was eaten by Pride...unless that isn't a death...? *has no idea*

As for Bradley...like Andie said, I'm very curious about what he'll do once he finds out that Mrs. Bradley was taken... I also wonder if he's just stupid or if having doubts? They made a big deal about Riza working for him/being watched by Pride, just to drop it.

Pride's said before that Wrath is too close to humans. He's attached to Mrs. Bradley and although he's still a creep-o, he isn't as brutally cruel as the others. I wonder what he'll do next...

FMAobsessed
@RoyxRizafan: Hey, where does it say in the manga that Gluttony has to eat snakes and rats in order to die? I forgot what chapter that was.

I too wonder about the whole Pride watching Riza storyline. But one thing I learned about reading Fullmetal Alchemist is that Arakawa doesn't forget story lines. She always seems to bring everything back into play.

All of this speculation is making me nervous and excited for the next chapter.
RoyxRizaFan
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 15 2009, 07:24 PM) *
@RoyxRizafan: Hey, where does it say in the manga that Gluttony has to eat snakes and rats in order to die? I forgot what chapter that was.

I too wonder about the whole Pride watching Riza storyline. But one thing I learned about reading Fullmetal Alchemist is that Arakawa doesn't forget story lines. She always seems to bring everything back into play.

All of this speculation is making me nervous and excited for the next chapter.

Actually, it wasn't mentioned in the manga, I read it online. Each sin is killed in a certain way, and I'm just assuming Arakawa would go by this because Lust and the first Greed were killed accordingly.

And I don't know where Arakawa would go with the Pride thing because he's not watching her at the moment, and I don't know what he would do that'd make all that previous Riza stuff have a point. Ah, you never know with Arakawa...I guess that's part of what makes FMA so addicting!
lunneth
ah. no actual kimbley death. well at least he's gone tongue.gif . wow good chapter and finally we get to see roy really angry and for the first time in ages (drum roll please) ED. woot we finally get all the charas in a good well deserved chapter. (gets shot by al) oh sorry
Causmicfire
QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Mar 11 2009, 03:30 AM) *
I loved this chapter happy.gif
By the time the next chapter comes out, the new animes series will have started biggrin.gif So there's two things to look forward to.

Wow, I didn't even think about that! Now I'm even more impatient, lol.

@Claudius - Perhaps, Roy will take care of Envy most of the way, and Ed will combo up with Toad!Chimera to freeze him, thus giving him no chance to absorb more Zombies, Dolls, whatever they're being called, while they finish him off.

I like the Armstrong siblings fighting Sloth... but I wanted to see an epic fencing match between Olivier and Wrath...maybe still???

So, with Pride's words about Kimblee living on in him, does that mean that Gluttony can still be said to be alive? That would mean his punishment is starting...being forced to eat rat, toads, and snakes. Kimblee has to qualify as one of those. If Pride gets the chance he'll devour any of the other homunculi, because he's Pride, he can't let any of the others survive over him, and he's more than likely on his way back to central to devour some Zombies/Dolls. Eh, it was probably just a metaphor, and it wouldn't be unlikely that Gluttony ate some actual rats, toads, and snakes during all his battles.

I think the snakes are the Zombies/Dolls, because Sloth's punishment is to be thrown in the snake pits. These things are quick, and when Sloth is focusing on one thing he seems to have a one track mind...he'll end up surrounded by those things.

The fact that we have no clue where Wrath is, or what he is doing is bugging me, and will he tell his wife what he is if he sees her before his final battle.

I also want to see Grumman and Miles again. It would be entertaining to see Grumman battle Wrath.

Page 16 & Page 17...I literally could not stop staring, and I was thinking about seeing it animated.

As for Olivier and Alex squabbling mid fight...so like siblings to do that when faced with high stress situation.

I adore Olivier's face when the soldier asks if the Dolls are Briggs soldiers...
I'm shooting them, but they don't go away...
Therefore, they must be Briggs soldiers! XD

This manga still reminds me of Frankenstein...when you bubble it all down, for each main character it was the thirst for knowledge and immortality that created the whole mess.

Roy and Riza banter <3

These last two chapters have place extra emphasis on the uselessness of guns...First, Olivier throwing away her borrowed gun with a look if disdain, her telling Alex, the soldier saying shooting the Dolls doesn't work, and Hawkeye mentioning it. I doubt Arakawa felt the need to mention it so many times, because she feels like we just won't pick up on the fact that they won't work, we learned that long ago with Gluttony and Lust.

I'm glad May is safe(for now), but I'm also glad Scar seems to be chastising her.

Thanks to everyone that brought this chapter to us!

Sannom
@Claudius - Perhaps, Roy will take care of Envy most of the way, and Ed will combo up with Toad!Chimera to freeze him, thus giving him no chance to absorb more Zombies, Dolls, whatever they're being called, while they finish him off.

They don't need fashionable tactics to take down Envy. Beside, he already "died" once in the snow, so that can count as his punishment. Just as Glutonny died for the first time a short amount of time after eating and regurgitating Envy. Just like Greed died for the firt time by being plunged into boiling oil.

So, with Pride's words about Kimblee living on in him, does that mean that Gluttony can still be said to be alive? That would mean his punishment is starting...being forced to eat rat, toads, and snakes.

Pride eating Kimblee is perhaps just a way to how us the final opponent of the first Homonculus : Scar. When Pride ate Glutonny, he gained his sense of smell but also his hunger. What if, by eating Kimblee, he also gained Kimblee's hatred toward Scar, a hatred that is fueled by Kimblee's hurt pride?

I think the snakes are the Zombies/Dolls, because Sloth's punishment is to be thrown in the snake pits. These things are quick, and when Sloth is focusing on one thing he seems to have a one track mind...he'll end up surrounded by those things.

I don't think those things could pierce Sloth's kin, so they would be unable to hurt him.

These last two chapters have place extra emphasis on the uselessness of guns...

I was more surprised by the BIG emphasis the last chapter put on Envy's weakness, stupidity and general uselessness happy.gif I have been thinking this for a long time now, and now Arakawa shows that she totally wanted it that way laugh.gif
lunneth
that last post made me lol
Hagane no Baka
Awesome chapter as ever! Envy will get served for dinner, yeah I can't wait! Somebody mentioned earlier that by avenging Envy, Roy will betray his vision and I don't think so. He's well aware that envy is also one of the major bad guys who made other ppl beside Hughes suffer, so he also basically wants to kill him because that's the right thing to do. So we have a revenge-wanting-justice-serving flame alchemist on rampage and I can't wait for the next chapter tongue.gif

I was also amazed by the sheer amount of guts Olivia showed in the situation she was. That woman must litterary eat bullets for breakfast mellow.gif wink.gif

Still no Izumi *sniff*

And can somebody answer this stupid question: just why again must you freeze envy in order to defeat him??
Chiyo
Page 12 rings a bell, since we have Edward Scissorhands maybe we have Vincent influence too in Abercrombie (if you can't be bothered to watch the whole thing, forward to the 2min mark)
mandymtt
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 11 2009, 07:48 PM) *
That chapter was amazing! I always tell myself to not read it so fast, because then I have to wait a month for it to come out. But I can never help myself. Now I am waiting for it to be April.

@edxwinryfan yeah, where is Winry? I know she isn't a fighter but she is the main support for the Elric brothers. Also all of the characters seem to be coming in for the final arc. Winry deserves to be mentioned. Maybe she will come in with her wrench and hit some of those zombies on top of the head.

My theory is that Wrath is alive from his train accident and he went to go pick up winry to use as a hostage since A. They have his wife and B. Wrath is the only one who knows she is Eds weakness. Cause he lurves her. lol I think we will be seeing winry (hopefully) soon.... Wrath is too important to die so quickly lol.
Liska
Thanks, Chiyo. I was sure I've seen that shadow somewhere before, but the only place I could think of was Hellsing.
Gukumatz
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 15 2009, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Actually, it wasn't mentioned in the manga, I read it online. Each sin is killed in a certain way, and I'm just assuming Arakawa would go by this because Lust and the first Greed were killed accordingly.

QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 17 2009, 09:41 AM) *
And can somebody answer this stupid question: just why again must you freeze envy in order to defeat him??

The distinct punishments for The Seven Deadly Sins that are posted online in different websites (do a Google/Wikipedia search) originally come from Dante Alighieri's Inferno, the first book of the trilogy called The Divine Comedy. It's an old Italian classic written in the early 14th century and you probably heard about it in world history class. It was remarkable in its day because it was "High" literature written in the "vulgar," common Italian language instead of in Latin, which is what all the other important works used.

The story is about Dante's journey from the normal world into the afterlife. His lover, Beatrice, is dead and he wants to see her again, so he follows his guide, the poet Virgil, through the different circles of Hell (book 1), through Purgatory (book 2), and finally into Heaven (book 3).

The Divine Comedy
is basically Dante's first-person account of what he sees on his journey. The punishments for the Seven Deadly Sins are described as he moves through hell and sees how different sinners are being tortured.

The story is supposed to be an epic poem, but most translators sacrifice the rhythm for the literal translation. If you read it, I strongly suggest you read John Ciardi's translations. He is AMAZING. His translations are great and they actually sound lyrical. Read his brilliant translations out loud and you will fall in love with Dante's work. Seriously, do it.

The FMA manga doesn't specifically say anything about distinct punishments. Like RoyxRizaFan says, this is just an idea we fans got after we saw how Lust and Greed were destroyed, since Arakawa matched their ends with Dante's punishments (fire & oil, respectively).

I <3 Ciardi's translations.
Hagane no Baka
QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Mar 18 2009, 12:03 AM) *
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 15 2009, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:56 PM) *

QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 17 2009, 09:41 AM) *

The distinct punishments for The Seven Deadly Sins that are posted online in different websites (do a Google/Wikipedia search) originally come from Dante Alighieri's Inferno, the first book of the trilogy called The Divine Comedy. It's an old Italian classic written in the early 14th century and you probably heard about it in world history class. It was remarkable in its day because it was "High" literature written in the "vulgar," common Italian language instead of in Latin, which is what all the other important works used.

The story is about Dante's journey from the normal world into the afterlife. His lover, Beatrice, is dead and he wants to see her again, so he follows his guide, the poet Virgil, through the different circles of Hell (book 1), through Purgatory (book 2), and finally into Heaven (book 3).

The Divine Comedy
is basically Dante's first-person account of what he sees on his journey. The punishments for the Seven Deadly Sins are described as he moves through hell and sees how different sinners are being tortured.

The story is supposed to be an epic poem, but most translators sacrifice the rhythm for the literal translation. If you read it, I strongly suggest you read John Ciardi's translations. He is AMAZING. His translation are great and they actually sound lyrical. Read his brilliant translations out loud and you will fall in love with Dante's work. Seriously, do it.

The FMA manga doesn't specifically say anything about distinct punishments. Like RoyxRizaFan says, this is just an idea we fans got after we saw how Lust and Greed were destroyed, since Arakawa matched their ends with Dante's punishments (fire & oil, respectively).

I <3 Ciardi's translations.

Thanks for answering all of our questions. Yeah and I have heard about Dante's Divine Comedy a lot at school but nobody ever mentioned anything about the seven deadly sins lol. And thanks for the tip on which translation to read Dante's Divine Comedy but I think I'll just read it in Slovene which is my native tounge, I've heard we have some pretty awesome translations too biggrin.gif wink.gif
Kasumisty
His lover, Beatrice, is dead

I've read somewhere that name Trisha might be short of Beatrice...
Tombow
QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 18 2009, 10:11 AM) *
..... I have heard about Dante's Divine Comedy a lot at school but nobody ever mentioned anything about the seven deadly sins lol. And thanks for the tip on which translation to read Dante's Divine Comedy but I think I'll just read it in Slovene which is my native tounge, I've heard we have some pretty awesome translations too biggrin.gif wink.gif

@Hagane no Baka - I think we had some good discussions on the "sin" names of the FMA characters and how they might die accordingly, on several threads... though right now I can find only this one: How The Homunculi Will Die according to their "Seven Deadly Sins" names. We had better discussions on some other threads, and I'll post the link if I can find them, or hopefully some others might find them. ^^
Gukumatz
QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 18 2009, 06:11 AM) *
Thanks for answering all of our questions.

You're welcome! :-)

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Mar 18 2009, 06:57 AM) *
I've read somewhere that name Trisha might be short of Beatrice...

Actually, Trisha is short for Patricia.
lunneth
wow. i heard about dante's work but i honestly didn't think that alot of this stuff was based on that. thats a real eye opener.
Claudius
QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 17 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Awesome chapter as ever! Envy will get served for dinner, yeah I can't wait! Somebody mentioned earlier that by avenging Envy, Roy will betray his vision and I don't think so. He's well aware that envy is also one of the major bad guys who made other ppl beside Hughes suffer, so he also basically wants to kill him because that's the right thing to do. So we have a revenge-wanting-justice-serving flame alchemist on rampage and I can't wait for the next chapter tongue.gif
But Justice and revenge are not the same thing. Roy's expression at the end of the chapter shows his thoughts are not 'Envy is a Homunculus/one of the bad guys/must die to bring on the better tomorrow my best friend wanted!' but 'Envy killed my best friend and must Die Die Die Die Die SOOOOOOO PAINFULLY!!!!' which is the same motivation for AnimeRoy (according to his words to AnimeEdward, which is a full 180-degree turn to that plot exposition Al, Schiesza, and Winry had about AnimeRoy striving to be one motivated by better things instead of revenge).
On the other hand, AnimeRoy was all by his lonesome and had to kill Bradley because no one else could. Even if motivated by revenge, he had no choice. MangaRoy, however, has waaaay more allies with him and thus a better choice. I can probably see a scenario where Scar (who had an epiphany about his people's disdain for payback) and Riza (who, I think, once agreed to kill Roy if he ever strayed from his goal) both convince Roy of the selfishness of his decision. Roy then insults Envy by saying the Homunculus isn't worth dying by his flaming hands, and gives the job to Scar or Mei or Edward and goes off to fight the other bad guys.
Sannom
'Envy killed my best friend and must Die Die Die Die Die SOOOOOOO PAINFULLY!!!!'

Yeah, that's it. If Roy starts to make Envy feels pain, he will be bad road. Things will be worse if he actually refuses any help, or become aggressive to people that tries to help him. I hope he won't. But if he does, I think Riza will shoot him in the leg, to disable him. Just the time for Scar and the others to take care of Envy, and after this May heals Mustang.
mellulah
Yeah thats the thing, Envy hates pain so much and I'm sure with no doubt hes gonna get alot of that in the next chapter which will proberly send him over the edge. Not like hes jumped off the deep already or anything dry.gif . Anyway for some reason I actually want to see Envy cry laugh.gif strange considering he's acctually my favourite character.
RoyxRizaFan
As long as Roy sets his @$$ on fire and humiliates him to the extreme, I don't care if he dies or not tongue.gif
Claudius
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Mar 22 2009, 01:35 PM) *
As long as Roy sets his @$ on fire and humiliates him to the extreme, I don't care if he dies or not tongue.gif
Well, despite my apprehensions on MangaRoy following his anime counterpart's decision, I wouldn't mind an actual battle (Let's hope we get some flashbacks of Hughes, the better to bother Roy into making the right choice). After all, Spider-Man came close to killing the Green Goblin for murdering Gwen Stacy, but he stopped when he realized the wrongness of it.
However, unless Roy's motive is vengeance-free and pro-right thing (and that final panel shows that's definitely not the case), he can't deal the mortal blow. If he makes sure Envy never harms a living soul ever again without killing him, and lets someone else do the job (Like, say, restoring Envy to tadpole form, and when he tries his body-grafting power again- BANG! BANG! BANG!- Riza lethally feeds him hot lead; Hey, she would be protecting Roy as Roy saved her from Lust), that's fine.
Hagane no Baka
QUOTE (Claudius @ Mar 22 2009, 04:58 AM) *
QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Mar 17 2009, 10:41 AM) *
But Justice and revenge are not the same thing. Roy's expression at the end of the chapter shows his thoughts are not 'Envy is a Homunculus/one of the bad guys/must die to bring on the better tomorrow my best friend wanted!' but 'Envy killed my best friend and must Die Die Die Die Die SOOOOOOO PAINFULLY!!!!' which is the same motivation for AnimeRoy (according to his words to AnimeEdward, which is a full 180-degree turn to that plot exposition Al, Schiesza, and Winry had about AnimeRoy striving to be one motivated by better things instead of revenge).
On the other hand, AnimeRoy was all by his lonesome and had to kill Bradley because no one else could. Even if motivated by revenge, he had no choice. MangaRoy, however, has waaaay more allies with him and thus a better choice. I can probably see a scenario where Scar (who had an epiphany about his people's disdain for payback) and Riza (who, I think, once agreed to kill Roy if he ever strayed from his goal) both convince Roy of the selfishness of his decision. Roy then insults Envy by saying the Homunculus isn't worth dying by his flaming hands, and gives the job to Scar or Mei or Edward and goes off to fight the other bad guys.

After giving it a little thought I realised that you're right. I was thinking about the easy way out to just let Roy finish Envy and the rest move on to the other bad guys; since Envy is a bad guy and they have to defeat him anyway it just seemed like the right thing to do whatever the reason is. But then again Hagane no Renkinjutsushi is all about principles and if Ed & Al stick to them I don't see why Roy wouldn't either, even if it is the harder way.

Oh and I almost forgot; thanks Tombow for the link! happy.gif
Sannom
For me there is no problem if Roy kills Envy. There isn't even a problem if he does it as a revenge, if he keeps it Scar's way : he makes quick work of his enemy and doesn't seek to make him suffer or beg for mercy. There is a problem if he starts to waste time on Envy by not going hard enough on him, so that the fight can continue a little bit more and Envy can suffer more.
lunneth
well well well. envy really is screwed then. well i guess originally we saw how powerful and scarry homunculi were but now thery're just getting cut down so easily. plus i would have expected the monster soul imortal army to have made more of a move by now.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
well i have to say that this chapter was the best that i read so far. wow even now that i think about what happen in the chapter i am still laughing about it. that was the best chapter in the world. wow i so can't wait for the next chapter to come out. *counting down ontill it comes out.*
Rannika03
A great chapter indeed. I so want to see Mustang beat up Envy. And Yoki did something right for a change laugh.gif but those artificial humans are starting to get scaryer and the part where one jumps and attacks a soldier...I wouldn't want to see that animated
lunneth
lo. that would make most people scarred. well maybe not most but still. need to read chapter 93 nnnnnnooooooooooowwwwwwwww ;(
jefe
Jeez, yet another lame chapter. The manga was awesome but went downhill right when pride appeared... i mean come on, what is he supposed to be? alucard? things so far have had some degree of explanation, like greed armor being carbon turned into diamond and stuff, but with pride its like.. what the hell are you???? Oh, and seriously, no one notices that he never ages?

And then come the chimeras... all of which are traitors... just too convenient... how can someone take the 4 least loyal soldiers to a key task in a 400 year old master plan?
Then we have winly escaping from kimblee (and even before, sending her right into the elrics hands seems a bit... stupid)... wasnt she supposed to be his hostage? if the elrics did something suspicios, she died. yet they just ran off, and kimbly did nothing, and then even winly just ran off from him somehow to meet scar...
And again, we have mustangs men... werent they split up to prevent him from taking action? one would guess the army would stop them from defecting and running back to mustang, or at least keep track of them, or something. They could just kill someone close to them, like why dont they just go to hughes home and threaten to kill elysia unless roy surrenders? its what i'd do... or falmans mother, or something...
And then we have olivier, i know shes tough and all, but come on, wasnt she a hostage too? yet she was able to take down half of central's most secure place with just a sword... how incompetent can the military be? A bit too much, I'd say.
Sannom
but with pride its like.. what the hell are you????

You could say the same thing about the Door or Glutonny though wink.gif Glutonny is a fake door, Pride look like a fake of what's in the door and take the sacrifice for a human transmutation. He is also able to absorb souls, like he did with Glutonny and Kimblee. Given that souls can be considered as just sources of energy, it doesn't seem that much strange.

Oh, and seriously, no one notices that he never ages?

He never stays out in the human world for a long time, and he is generally covered by the higher up.

And then come the chimeras... all of which are traitors... just too convenient... how can someone take the 4 least loyal soldiers to a key task in a 400 year old master plan?

They seemed very loyal to me, just before being betrayed by Kimblee (Darius and Heinkel) and knowing for sure that their failure would only bring them death (Gelso and Zanpano) laugh.gif . Survival instinct is pretty strong in animals after all, and they are part animals.

Then we have Winry escaping from Kimblee (and even before, sending her right into the Elric's hands seems a bit... stupid)... was'nt she supposed to be his hostage? if the Elric did something suspicious, she died. Yet they just ran off, and Kimblee did nothing, and then even Winry just ran off from him somehow to meet Scar...

Putting her in front of the brothers was still the best way to show them that what they were doing was out of what Bradley permitted them to do. Plus Kimblee needed her directly at hand in order to emphasize his orders to Ed.
May I remind you that when they ran off, Winry was already out of Kimblee's reach, because she was in Al's armor? The difficult part after that was to keep her away.

And again, we have Mustang's men... were'nt they split up to prevent him from taking action? One would guess the army would stop them from defecting and running back to mustang, or at least keep track of them, or something.

I think it would be too suspicious if they put so much importance and threat on four single soldiers.

And then we have olivier, i know shes tough and all, but come on, wasnt she a hostage too? yet she was able to take down half of central's most secure place with just a sword...

She was a hostage, but the higher up didn't realize that she was a useless hostage, because her men would not stop even if they threatened her. And she didn't take out half of the men in the HQ, Sloth did. Olivia just killed one of the two generals she was with, and used the second one as a hostage.
Claudius
dry.gif
QUOTE (Sannom @ Mar 29 2009, 06:12 AM) *
[
Then we have Winry escaping from Kimblee (and even before, sending her right into the Elric's hands seems a bit... stupid)... was'nt she supposed to be his hostage? if the Elric did something suspicious, she died. Yet they just ran off, and Kimblee did nothing, and then even Winry just ran off from him somehow to meet Scar...

Putting her in front of the brothers was still the best way to show them that what they were doing was out of what Bradley permitted them to do. Plus Kimblee needed her directly at hand in order to emphasize his orders to Ed.

No, keeping Winry in Central, and giving the Brothers some evidence of her new whereabouts was a better way to emphasize the Homunculus' control. No two ways about it: sending Winry to Briggs was a risky plan that failed big time. The only way Bradley can be vindicated of this apparently stupid action is if he is actually planning to double-cross his own team.
Sannom
I don't know... for me, Bradley has to be quiet about the whole thing, and involve people the less possible. Spiriting away Winry from Rush Valey and bring her to Central isn't quiet. If only for the fact that Winry herself would be really suspicious. But in the case we're talking about, they never did anything "wrong" with her : Bradley just warned her that Ed was in the North and could need her help. No order, nothing. Winry would have done it anyway if only she had known where they were in the north.

No two ways about it: sending Winry to Briggs was a risky plan that failed big time.

How risky was it, given all the unpredictable things that happened and helped the brothers? I mean, Olivia siding with them, Scar siding with them, how the heck were they supposed to guess???
Claudius
QUOTE (Sannom @ Mar 29 2009, 10:58 AM) *
I don't know... for me, Bradley has to be quiet about the whole thing, and involve people the less possible. Spiriting away Winry from Rush Valey and bring her to Central isn't quiet. If only for the fact that Winry herself would be really suspicious. But in the case we're talking about, they never did anything "wrong" with her : Bradley just warned her that Ed was in the North and could need her help. No order, nothing. Winry would have done it anyway if only she had known where they were in the north.
"Bradley has to be quiet about the whole thing..." You make it sound as if Central has a majority of upright higher-ups who would ask questions and challenge Bradley. In fact, it's full of corrupt higher-ups who wouldn't care if one simple girl was invited or kidnapped out of Rush Valley as long as it didn't affect the big plan. Who would actually oppose them? Bradley could have lied, telling Winry Edward was in Central. That could have worked too.
How risky was it, given all the unpredictable things that happened and helped the brothers? I mean, Olivia siding with them, Scar siding with them, how the heck were they supposed to guess???
Let's see: Just two Alchemist brothers. As important Ed and Al are as sacrifices, they were just as important as opponents. Bradley should have predicted the possibility that, with the key to their collars within their grasp, the Brothers Elric will pull something for freedom.
(Then again, maybe Bradley knew just that...)
And that's it for me. Due to Lent, I have limited my Internet activities to just Sunday, so you'll have to wait next Sunday for a comment from me. Ciao!
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE (Claudius @ Mar 29 2009, 03:39 PM) *
And that's it for me. Due to Lent, I have limited my Internet activities to just Sunday, so you'll have to wait next Sunday for a comment from me. Ciao!

I admire your commitment to sacrifice use of the internet for Lent. That's very commendable. smile.gif
lunneth
yeah well for me fma is currently keeping me sane without lego for lent. yes i play with lego. got a problem. well anywayz i guess looking at it. this chapter did kinda suck. well at least kimbley had his neck ripped open. wwwwwwwooooooooooooooooottttttttt
Michiyo-
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 93 here. smile.gif

Those who have already read further chapters are also welcome to join the discussions, but please do not post any future chapter content on this thread.

This thread is Spoiler Party thread for chapter 93 content, meaning, posters do not have to use Spoiler tags while posting about chapter 93 content on this thread. smile.gif

For the reading reference, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 88."
(For more detailed explanation on this, please read Tombow's post here.)

Thank you, A Pierrot’s Aria, for all your help!! ^^
Michiyo-
reserved for chapter information
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.