Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Wii FMA Game! -暁の王子- The Prince Of Dawn
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game > FMA Nintendo Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AA battery
Official Site: http://www.square-enix.com/jp/support/ (Pretty empty for now)

(image from here)

And here is a photo of a game magazine that has info about the game?

There aren't much info that I can find on google yet, except that it will be released in 2009 Summer in Japan.

I don't have a Japanese Wii ;____;

『鋼の錬金術師 FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST -暁の王子-』 (The Prince of Dawn?)

* (Wii)(アドベンチャー)2009年夏発売 (Wii Adventure game, available on 2009 Summer)
* 原作コミック16巻につながるオリジナルストーリー (Original Story connecting to original manga vol 16)

I bumped into quite a few Japanese blogs talking about the game, and they are all laughing/speculating the title lol XD

============================================

Added March 6th

More info from Famitsu website! See more screencaps here!
Tombow
Yeah, I was reading it on here also. According to that, the scan was from Famitsu mag??
(I checked, and it's a Japanese magazine for games. ^^)

It would be exciting to have an FMA wii game!! ^^

BTW, since we don't have "FMA Wii game" sub-forum yet, I'm moving this thread to FMA Game forum front page. ^^
AA battery
But Wii belongs to Nintendo. XD Nothing wrong with putting it in the Nintendo subforum.
Tombow
^ Yeah, that's true.... Ok, you convinced me....

And... the thread is back in Nintendo sub-forum. biggrin.gif
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow that is so cool that there is going to be a new game. i am so exicited for it to come out. lol.
LandoCalrissian
QUOTE (xXdark_angel_nekoXx @ Mar 6 2009, 11:41 AM) *
wow that is so cool that there is going to be a new game. i am so exicited for it to come out. lol.

Sounds awesome - hopefully they will have Wii controls that work well.

I just wonder if it is going to be an original game or are they going to port it from the PS2 and just add motion controls?
edo little kid
Woooooooooooow!!
thank you very much battery-san
great news ^^

yaaay winry& Ed looks so cute ^^

please the update about the game

if you found a new information! ^^

baaay
AA battery
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222569_1407.html

This link has more info and screencaps. I can add a translation later but it will be a few days since I have a test soon... or Tombow (anyone else) please feel free to translate it too. 8D
edo little kid
amazing!!! laugh.gif

Kawai, Kaawaii,,Kaawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

thank you very very very much battery-san!!! wub.gif

I think the game little same (FMA dream carnival) !!? rolleyes.gif

I want it !!!

I have all FMA games , and I will get this game soon !!! wink.gif

I'm crazy about FMA games!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (AA battery @ Mar 7 2009, 02:01 AM) *
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222569_1407.html

This link has more info and screencaps. I can add a translation later but it will be a few days since I have a test soon... or Tombow (anyone else) please feel free to translate it too. 8D

Aha, that's the web site for the Famitsu magazine, the one who had the article about the new FMA Wii game.
I don't have much time neither at the moment, but I'll skim and translate some key points..

Here, it says (I'm paraphrasing):
The game is based on an original story written for the game, and ok'd by Arakawa-sensei.
The story takes place just before the Vol. 16.
After they uncover the plan by Fuhrer and the gang, Ed and Al decide to head North.
But, before they depart for the Northern land....... and that's when this game story starts.

Here, it says (paraphrasing):
The story takes place around Central City. A Festival is going on, to welcome the peace envoy (from somewhere... it's not elaborated here XD) And that's when this mysterious incident starts... and then Ed and Al have to solve the mystery, I guess..
The Script Director for the game is Mr. Motomu Toriyama who has also directed "Final Fantasy III." (Note: and a few more Fanal Fantasy games. He's a director for Square Enix.)
The game also includes an original character drawn by Hiromu Arakawa for this game.

Here, it says that characters are scattered around the city, and then you use game functions such as "Talk," "Watch," "Touch," etc. (actual game commands may be in some other wordings XD) to gather the information needed to solve the game.
At some key points of the story, there are missions that utilize Wii remote control functions and other new functions of the game.

Sample screen shot:
I guess this place is called "Front of the clock tower," and it says: "Collect all the tools needed to repair the armor before 12 O'clock." ... I guess that's the "mission" here. biggrin.gif

The site also has introductions of Ed and Al characters and the respective VAs (Romi-san and Rie-san, as usual for Ed & Al)

The site says you can find more details on upcoming Famitsu mag that's coming out on March 13 in Japan. ...and that's about most of important stuff from that page, I think.. But, if anyone would like to do the wholesale translation of the site, please feel free. biggrin.gif
edo little kid
Woooooow wonderful info!!
thank you very very very much Tombow-san^^
what a great game!!!
the new character is boy,or girl? rolleyes.gif
I wish a(girl) ^^
Tombow
@edo little kid - You're very welcome. ^^
Yeah, after reading this, I really want to try this game, too!! biggrin.gif

As for the original character drawn by Arakawa-sensei especially for this game, it doesn't give any further information here. But, the site says the next issue of Famitsu game magazine is coming out on March 13 in Japan, and that one is supposed to have more info on the game, so I hope we will get to hear more about the game soon. ^^
AA battery
RPG style game is awesome =D Definitely better than the sh!tty game they released for the DS. I wonder how the "action" aspect of this game would be like? If it is something like the previous PS2 FMA games, it would be really nice, too.
Flamez_Freak
i wish its like naruto ultimate ninja 3...that game i really liked....
AA battery
QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ Mar 8 2009, 12:12 AM) *

I might have enjoyed that game too, but I hope it's NOT like that.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (AA battery @ Mar 9 2009, 02:00 AM) *
QUOTE (fma_milan_freak @ Mar 8 2009, 12:12 AM) *

I might have enjoyed that game too, but I hope it's NOT like that.

not completely like that...but slightly similar to that...

i dont like repetitive fights though...fighting the same guy over and over again..
AA battery
Let's try to keep the thread here informative for the ease of the readers, so please refrain from replying unless you have something very meaningful and informative to say. Thank you. (Don't reply "Ok I get it" or one-line responses like that, please. They are meaningless in general. "..."s are very annoying when you use them excessively.)

Here is two scans by Alchemist94, from the April 2009 edition of Gan Gan.

Artixte
Oh, cool! A new fma game, I'm so excited! XD

I just really hope for some kind of FMA melee game between all the characters in the future!
lunneth
yayzellz laugh.gif
AA battery
Geez, stop spamming please, people.

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/support/

That's the official website. I'll add more details and translation in a day or two. Need sleep... Translations added. Screencaps from Alchemist94.

Who will end this?

The "Messenger of Peace" from warring neighbour country, Aerugo, has come to visit.
The Capital Central City has hosted a prosperous welcoming festival Karunabaru. (I'll just leave it in katakana)
However, despite the joy, the curtain of a mysterious case has been opened.
Fullmetal Alchemist Ed and Al, step forth to the hidden truth behind the festival.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Prince of the Dawn
The brothers who learned of the truth of the world head toward north, seeking for hope.
This is an untold story about an encounter before their departure.
- This is a new original story with tie ups to the original comic volume 16. -
Scheduled release on Wii, 2009 Summer.

Ed: I'm sure everyone from who used to be at Eastern Headquarters have come back to Central...
Why don't we go say hi to them?

Al: Hmm, it's about noon... (this line is ambiguous because we can't be sure if Al is talking to Ed. This can very well be a r.andom screenshot from the game)

Winry: The unknown possibilities are bound to be hidden at a dangerous looking place like this!

Armstrong: There are times you do hit!/You've hit the exact time! (Again, can't exactly tell what he is saying because we don't know the content of the rest of the conversation... He could be commenting on your ability with a mini game, or something else.)

Ed: That's right!
Item: Screwdriver
Instruction: Fill up the gauge by screwing it!

Map: In front of clock tower
Instruction: Collect all the tools for repairing the automail before 12 o'clock!

Winry: I definitely can't forgive you, especially today!
You've shattered my super important exhibit production!

Feury: I'm glad that only the automail was broken. Right, Warrant Officer Falman?
Hey
I like the graphics :3 I won't get a Wii just for this, but eh. I guess I'll wait for its release and bury my head in Youtube looking for gameplay vids :/
Tombow
Thanks AA battery for bringing these!!
Yay, it will be coming out in Summer of 2009!!
Our first FMA Wii game!! It's so exciting!! biggrin.gif

* Edited because the corresponding post has been edited. happy.gif
AA battery
Babelfish = Bad.

@_@ I already said I'll post translation in a day or two. Can't you at least respect that...? Do you have to beat me to it? Oh well. My translation added to my previous post.

====================================

Edit on March 18th:

I'm sorry if I sounded rude, Hey, but you reminded me of those speed-fansubbers who just had to get their "work" out before everybody else =\ If I didn't state in my previous post that I'll add translations soon, I wouldn't have feel as offended (I only state that I'll translate something when I know that I will). It's like Tombow said... it's more important to make sure the correct information are being posted (That's why I usually have my Japanese friend double check my trans unless I'm 100% sure I'm correct).

I hope you will read the posts more carefully next time. I do appreciate that your posts are longer and have more content than the other people up there, though. xD;
Hey
Well I never notice some details people post @_@ I know my eyes are messed up, sorry xD'
But you don't have to take it as competing with you (obviously not since your translations are definitely better, since I checked I actually translated some wrong words like seeing 'michi' as 'mirai' somehow >>').
My friend was wanting to know what was roughly going on so I had a go at it. ...yeah.

But since I know it sucks I'll remove it, hmm >>' *needs to get eyecheckup*
Tombow
Hey, Hey, please know that your effort has been appreciated. ^^

And, if I may add, we have a handful of members whom I can trust and rely on for the translation of FMA stuff, including AA battery, and I think these people are way past the need to prove the worthy-ness of their translations, and my guess is that they would definitely NOT feel competed against by the Babelfish translations. ^^ I think it's more to do about trying to reduce the chance of producing incorrect information through the translation process, and hence reducing the chance of these being disseminated. happy.gif

Anyway, please keep on with your enthusiasm for this new FMA game!! biggrin.gif
edo little kid
I don't have Wii
but I'll have one immediately
When I find this wonderful game
I love the type of this games
Edo looks very, very nice ^^
Makika
Wow, it's the first FMA wii game, isn't is?

just amazing.
(thanks for the translations!)
Havanese
Looks neat! The art seems kinda wonky, but that's to be expected considering it's a game for the Wii (or am I giving the artists too much lee-way and the quality is not so great? I dunno, I haven't played many Wii games).
lunneth
so there are 2 huh.gif well this really is good news...to bad my friend may sell his wii.ah well i'll just find vids on utube
crazyanimefan
I'm glad I have a Wii. So getting this when it comes to America.
Imbris
Any word if this will be coming to the US in English?

I'm also very curious about the combat since the preview doesn't show any.
AA battery
Don't have any more info than what I have already posted as of now. Keep in mind that it was JUST announced in Japan last month, so a NA release announcement probably won't pop up until at least 6 months later. NA don't license games until they see the sales of the game when it's out in Japan... and seeing how they didn't even license FMA3, the chance of the FMA Wii game getting licensed probably isn't high, either...
nekogirl L
I found this image that was in Square Enix Shounen Gangan for the new "Prince Of Dawn" game, kind of interesting, no?
The redhead must be some bigshot in the game, I'd like to find out more about him.

amestris_star
QUOTE (nekogirl L @ Apr 10 2009, 10:15 PM) *
I found this image that was in Square Enix Shounen Gangan for the new "Prince Of Dawn" game, kinda of interesting, no?
The redhead must be some bigshot in the game, I'd like to find out more about him.

Yeah found that too wink.gif
1. It's awesome because it's drawn by Hiromu *___*
2. I think he's the head of one of the other states - either Drachma, Aerugo or Creta.
I've never seen the red crest so... I don't have a clue +P
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (nekogirl L @ Apr 10 2009, 01:15 PM) *
I found this image that was in Square Enix Shounen Gangan for the new "Prince Of Dawn" game, kind of interesting, no?

Looking at the full pic, I can't tell if Roy's happy to be a part of crowd control...or if he's looking for something to throw at the redhead guy... tongue.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Apr 10 2009, 06:30 PM) *
QUOTE (nekogirl L @ Apr 10 2009, 10:15 PM) *
I found this image that was in Square Enix Shounen Gangan for the new "Prince Of Dawn" game, kinda of interesting, no?
.... I think he's the head of one of the other states - either Drachma, Aerugo or Creta.
I've never seen the red crest so... I don't have a clue +P

He is Prince Claudio (spelling is my guess ^^) of Aerugo, according to Arakawa-sensei. She mentioned that in her Omake for the Vol 22 of FMA Manga, "There will be a new FMA Wii game" (that's the title of this Omake. smile.gif )
...On the first panel of that Omake, inside the left side SFX bubble, it says he is Prince Claudio (again, spelling is my guess) of Aerugo. smile.gif

-----

Oh... hence the title of the game... Prince of Dawn... aha... ^^
Trakonda
..Wow, a Wii game? O_O

I really, REALLY hope this one gets all the way to Europe, as well. None of the PS2 games ever came here, and it's tearing me like mad. >< I love my Wii, but I'd love it even more if I had an FMA game for it in my collections! 83
AA battery
There is now a promotional video up on the official website of the Wii game. Click on the rectangle on the bottom right to view the video.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/haganefa/

I must say the graphics for the transmutation circle is simply gorgeous. The characters look pretty good, too.
Tombow
Thanks, AA battery!! biggrin.gif
I agree. The video looks awesome, and the characters in the game look surprisingly good for characters in a video game.
Trakonda
Wow, that looks lovely indeed!

I was kind of hoping that the talking scenes would be with classic 2D drawings next to the speech box, but I guess this works just fine, too. At least the characters look really good. biggrin.gif
Darth Yoda
I agree with Trakonda on the whole 2D speech thing; after all, that's the way the other games did it, and it works. But again, the characters are very well rendered, so I'm happy ^.^ . I do hope that an english version is released; too many good games have been stuck in Japan, and I hope this one doesn't suffer the same depressing fate.

...God, I love that art!
mellulah
I spy Envy in the art..does that mean the homunculus will finally make and apperance in one of the video games. I mean the ones which are original story based not like Dream Carnival and Dual Sympathy.
black~hayate
Lol. The animation of FMA brotherhood meets videogame...?
Kita-Chan
Ahh, it looks so fun!
I can't wait. (:
Turdaewen
Is it just me, or they're trying to include Arakawa in this new anime?? She's making arts for the Game... and now she's drawing the cover for the FMA:Brotherhood DVD...
Tombow
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 28 2009, 04:46 PM) *
Is it just me, or they're trying to include Arakawa in this new anime?? She's making arts for the Game... and now she's drawing the cover for the FMA:Brotherhood DVD...

@Turdaewen - I think she did promo drawing and did character design for other FMA games also. I remember she did it for "Kami wo tsugu shoujo," and maybe some other games also. ^^
Turdaewen
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 29 2009, 02:29 AM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Apr 28 2009, 04:46 PM) *

@Turdaewen - I think she did promo drawing and did character design for other FMA games also. I remember she did it for "Kami wo tsugu shoujo," and maybe some other games also. ^^

Aw, really?? That's very cool! ^^
Thanks for the info, Tombow!
Kasumisty
I just went to the official game site and into character secton... they have a few samples of characters' expressions...Ed has one where he is blushing and heart flows into the air...creators smoked something much?
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ May 14 2009, 02:16 PM) *
I just went to the official game site and into character secton... they have a few samples of characters' expressions...Ed has one where he is blushing and heart flows into the air...creators smoked something much?
Haha, this I had to see!! laugh.gif

Yap, true. At Square-Enix's FMA Game page

I want to know what is the story behind that scene. XD
Kasumisty
Also, in STORY link the background is made of anime screenshots - glad to know there will be animated scenes biggrin.gif
Moreover, two samples of music play in background. And the second one is beautiful. Almost magical. I suppose it will play during the sad scenes

(changed the contrast)

Traditionally, Ed's nose grows as the time passes XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.