Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 92 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Animeoldtimer
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 92 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 3.

=====================

You can see the preview look of chapter 92 pages here

Just a little bit.

ETA See page 2 (this thread) for downloading link for chapter 92 raw, mirror links, and translation!!

<Last edited by Michiyo- on March 4, 2012>
FMAobsessed
Yay! Thank you animeoldtimer! i hope that the rest of the chapter will come out soon.
Broken Chouchou
Dude, that awesome blue poster-thingy of Mustang and his crew, is that promotional artwork for the anime, or is it just for the next manga chapter? Because it looks saweet! ohmy.gif
His Name is Unknown
Thanks for the heads-up - this chapter looks action packed! happy.gif

Since I'm sure others would rather see the pictures themselves, without reading spoilers from me first, I'll keep comments on the chapter content to a minimum. However, I simply must say something about the new anime character models at the beginning of the chapter:

Looks like Roy and Riza came out alright after all, and Hughes also looks noticeably closer to his manga counterpart (especially in the profile shot); Armstrong and the rest of Mustang's group look great as well. These profiles and the latest commercial have me really excited about the upcoming series.

Once again, thanks to animeoldtimer for the the post - I look forward to reading and discussing chapter 92 very soon!

Oh, and to those who have checked out the preview, all I have to say to Kimbly is That had to hurt like an all hail lord zenu biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Shaddy @ Feb 9 2009, 09:12 AM) *
Dude, that awesome blue poster-thingy of Mustang and his crew, is that promotional artwork for the anime, or is it just for the next manga chapter? Because it looks saweet! ohmy.gif

I'm pretty sure the poster is for the new anime:

1. It's located at the beginning of the new info section for the next series.

2. The art style of the military dress outfits seems to match what we've seen of the promotional artwork thus far (smaller jacket, more narrowly drawn combat boots with larger toes).

Whatever the case, I have to agree, it does look pretty sweet. Talk about striking a pose - and is that Havoc I see with a shotgun?! Glorious.
Tombow
^ @Shaddy - Yap, that blue color pic is for the new FMA anime.
And yes, OMG it's über cool!! ^^

Thank you, Animeoldtimer for bringing the chapter 92 preview !! happy.gif

Looks like we can see some nice action scenes with Al!!!
The chimera tells Al to use the stone, telling him that using the stone is not for Al's own personal benefit, but so that he (Al) can fight against the evil enemy with the aid of stone, for saving their world. Awwww.

Also, Alex Armstrong vs Sloth fight scenes!! Awesome!! ^^

(I also love that color pic of Mustang and the gang for the new FMA anime series-2!! happy.gif )
Hey
So the chapter is 'Everyone's Power/Strength'. Maybe everyone will appear in this chapter or something. :P Either that or it's a reference to the souls in the stone.
And Sloth says something about it being 'the fastest Homunculus'. Which sounds ridiculous but looking at the pic it actually makes some sense.

Go Heinkel go! 8D
Broken Chouchou
His Name is Unknown, I think it is! Could be some kind of regular military rifle though.. but even so, it's still mind-shatteringly kewl biggrin.gif Hope the anime will come out looking just as good! (Obviously I know the quality differs significantly from artwork and finished product, but still...)

And yes, the new chapter does look pretty actionpacked. Armstong vs Sloth is something I'm looking forward to. Haven't read as far as chapter 91 yet, so I'm not exactly sure of whats going on, but it's hard to see how Kimbley could survive that. Unless maybe he'll be able to use the Phillys' stone to save his own butt, I don't know...

And finally - Thanks for the preview (forgot to mention that in my last post), Animeoldtimer. This really got me excited smile.gif
bluwim
Thanks for preview!!! the military poster is so great!!! and the chapter looks so interesting... Poor Olivier!!
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow that is so cool. i so can't wait for the chapter to come out in english. man i am so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh ya thanks Animeoldtimer!!!!!!!! happy.gif
Alchemical
Thanks, Animeoldtimer! It looks awesome.
acaray
whoaaa....a armstrong vs sloth fight !! that's gonna be great to read. And I agree, I think that's the end of Kimblee, cause the only way to survive after something like that is for Pride to help him, and I don't think it will happen....

Thanks a lot Animeoldtimer for the preview.
spoonyalchemist
Looks awesome, as usual. Thanks, animeoldtimer!

I was so glad to see that Heinkel is OK; glad to see him getting some action! And I think it's about time Al gets to dish out another good [All hail lord Xenu]-kicking. =D

The anime image looks awesome. I was worried about Mustang's face, but it looks good here. Also, Havoc's hair color matches Arakawa's version this time. happy.gif

And it says that we get Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya back!
CodenameElizabeth
Goddamn. That's pretty full of AWESOME, old timer.
Makika
;O Oh God, C'mom Army Mustang's scenes! dance3.gif
I was worried about Mustang face too, but in this pic it's so much better.

This cap 92 probaly is repleted of fight scenes...
GO GO AL! GO GO ARMSTRONG!
Rainshine
Squeee! happy.gif ohmy.gif
But I have to get to chapter 91, before I read 92. sad.gif
Blysse
Thanks so much, Animeoldtimer! biggrin.gif

Man, this looks so awesome! ohmy.gif I'll be pretty mad, though, if Kimblee lives through that. Unless there's a good plot-related reason to keep him around, I want him gone. mad.gif
edo little kid
thanks thanks thanks thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

wonderful work ^.^!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saving_Grace
Thank you!

Ooooh! Armstrongs v.s. Sloth, that's got epic written on it. I hope Kimbley doesn't get killed by a chimera, he deserves a better death than that. The chimeras that've been hanging around lately have been the most useless characters. They're so disposable, I can't even remember their names. Kill 'em off Arakawa! They're wasting space!

Anime poster looks awesome. Roy's eyes don't look so tragic, haha.
Tamisiek
Here is a RAW ^^
bluwim
thanks!
Causmicfire
Manga Helpers also has it available for downloading @ Megaupload.

Here are some mirrors:

@Sendspace
@Rapidshare

I love all the wtf? facial expressions in this chapter, and Alex has me going "aww". I really want to know what Olivier's saying to him.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
i am not sure about that.... but the fight that is happening between Alphonse and Pride is going to be so sweet. man i so can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HisshouBuraiKen
Translation's done, enjoy! (Lots of SFX this month = lots of fun coming up with sounds)

Page 1:
Al: ...The Philosopher's Stone!
I'd at least stand a chance if I use this...

But...
Heinkel: Yeah, I know.
They're made with human lives.

Your big brother said you wanted to get your body back without having to use this.

So don't use it for your own sake...use it to protect the world.

I'm entrusting it to you BECAUSE you still see people within this tiny pebble.

Page 2:
Heinkel: No matter what we look like, we're all fighting to protect something bigger than us.

So let THEM help, too.

Al: ...Yes.
You're right.

Page 3:
Al: Fight with me.

Title: Chapter 92 – Combined Strength

Page 4:
Kimblee: A Philosopher's Stone?!
Pride: Where did he get it?

Page 5:
Kimblee: Another diversion-

Ngh!

Page 6:
SFX: KABOOM

crackle

SHWOOOSH

Page 7:
SFX: BZZZRT

Swip

Clang

VWOOM

Page 8:
SFX: BZZZZRT

Dakadakadakadaka

FWANG

Page 9:
SFX: Skree

SLICE

BAM

VROOM [This is a freaking riot XD]

Page 10:
SFX: Skrrrrrk

RUUUUMBLE

Pride: That won't work this time!
SFX: SLASH

SFX: HAND!

SFX: Skreeeee

Page 11:
Pride: A flashbang?!

Not happening!

Al: Gotcha.

SFX: Plunk

Page 12:
Pride: Nh-
Cursed Philosopher's Stone...
It's just one trick after another...

Page 13:
Kimblee: The Philosopher's Stone's power is incredible.

I've used one before...I know all too well.

But I don't understand.

Why don't you use it to regain your original bodies?

Page 14:
Kimblee: You would have no trouble escaping this situation with the stone at your beck and call.
And once you were in a safe place, you could BOTH have your old bodies back.
That's how your whole journey was supposed to end, wasn't it?

Al: ...But then we wouldn't save everyone else.

Kimblee: "The greater good."
You can't gain something without sacrificing something else.
Al: I wonder...

Why are there only two choices?

"Save yourself and abandon everyone else."
"Give up on returning to normal and save the world." Why are those the only options?

Page 15:
Al: Why can't I choose "Save the world AND get our original bodies back?"

[LOLKIMBLEE]

Kimblee: But what about the Law of Equivalent Exchange?
Al: Seeing out new possibilities without regard for the rules is how we make new breakthroughs...how we evolve.

Kimblee: I see.
Experiment thoroughly enough, and you may discover NEW laws that the world must then abide by.

That would mean there is a FOURTH option...

"You lose your chance to return to normal, AND you fail to save the world."

Page 16:
SFX: KABOOOOOM

Page 17:
Sloth: STOP
RUNNING.
MAKES
HITTING
TOUGH.

Page 18:
SFX: Skreeee, blam blam blam

Armstrong: Didn't think that'd work.

Soldier: That's quite enough, Major General Armstrong!

You are to be executed here and now for high treason!

Page 19:
Soldier: Aim!

FIREAAAAAAGH?!

Armstrong: You don't concentrate your men in one spot in a situation like this, you cretin!

Page 20:
Armstrong: I really hope he's at least SLIGHTLT wounded...

Page 21:
Sloth: GOT
YOU.

WON'T
MESS UP THIS TIME.
KILL THE
WOMAN GENERAL.

Armstrong: GHUAH-

Page 22:
Alex: My
sister!

Are you-

Page 23:
Alex: Unhurt?

Olivier: Who do you think you're talking to, Alex?

Alex: What is that creature, exactly?
Olivier: A homunculus.

Bullets don't even faze him.
Artillery-level shots are just about enough.
Alex: Oh my!

Well, that's my specialty, now isn't it?

Page 24:
Alex: NNU-

Alex: There's more!

Page 25:
Sloth: OWW...
GH-

Olivier: Okay!
Underneath that skin, he's as soft as anyone!

Page 26:
Sloth: OW.
I DIED.

HATE DYING.
DYING'S
TOO
MUCH EFFORT.

NNNNGGGGGGGGH.
HATE THIS.

HATE IT.
HATE IT.

HATE GETTING SERIOUS.
TOO
MUCH EFFORT.

Alex: Hmm?

Soldier: Major General Armstrong, lay down your weap...
Huh?
What's the big guy doing he-

Page 27:
Sloth: I
MISSED.

Page 28:
[LOLARMSTRONGS]

Page 29:
Olivier: What incredible speed...

He was just lazing about a second ago!

Alex: Sister!
Olivier: We've been had.

Page 30:
Olivier: Did...you see him?

Alex: A bit, yes...

Such speed AND such bulk...
Olivier: Doesn't exactly make sense.

Sloth: NO.
I'M
THE FASTEST HOMUNCULUS.

Page 31:
Alex: Mnhuooa-

Olivier: He's so fast he can't even control himsel-

Page 32:
Sloth: FINALLY
HIT.

Page 33:
SFX: Crunch

SFX: throb throb throb

SFX: twitch twitch twitch

Page 34:
Alex: NNNH-
HUOOOOAH!

Page 35:
Alex: Nh...
Olivier: Alex!

Just a minor dislocation.
Are you okay?

Olivier: Just some minor broken bones.

Page 36:
SoldierS: Wah-
Again?!

Alex: Urgh...

Sister!

Sloth: KILL YOU
QUICK.
THEN SLEEP.

Page 37:
[Aww nerts]

Page 38:
Pride: Kimblee.

Kimblee: Aaah,
what a wonderful sound.
There's nothing more pleasing to the ears than the sound of indomitable wills clashing in battle.

Pride: Alphonse Elric
is still nearby.
Kimblee: Of course he is.

Page 39:
Kimblee: He won't try to escape.

Over there!

Al: Waah!

Page 40:
Al: Heh.

Pride: Another dust cloud...so simplistic.

It won't work again.

Page 41:
Pride: Checkmate.

Al: ...You sure?

Page 42:
Al: This is one of those times where humans prove to be pretty stubborn.

Pride: Even WITH the Philosopher's Stone, you don't stand a chance all by yourse-
Al: I'm NOT ALONE!

Pride: Where's the stone?!

Page 43:
Pride: No way...
He wasn't just using the dirt to hide himself...

He read which way the wind was blowing so they could strike from downwind, where my sense of smell couldn't detect them!
KIMBLEE, DOWNWIND!

Page 44:
Text: The tables are turned! Only the strong survive!
Animeoldtimer
CHOKE HIM, LION KING!!!!!!

Sorry, I just got too excited there. tongue.gif

Good chapter, but sometimes I think when the chapters are mostly action they should release two in a month. I know I'm being picky. I did enjoy the action. happy.gif

Thank you Tamisiek and Causmicfire for the Raw and HisshouBuraiKen for the translation!
Makika
Oh God, thanks for Tamisiek and Causmicfire for the Raw and HisshouBuraiKen for the translation!

This cap... own... without words... Oh, C'mom 93! bigeyed.png Olivia can't die!
acaray
OMG. Al is amazing, fighting pride and kimblee alone, he did a pretty good job...I like the "why can't I have my body back AND save the world ?", he's cute ^^.
And Alex is cool, stopping sloth like he did, go go alex !!

and thanks Tamisiek for the raw and HisshouBuraiken for the translation, it was quick to come !!
Tombow
Thank you, Tamisiek for the link for reading chapter 92 raw, Causmicfire for the links for downloadable raw package and mirrors, and HisshouBuraiKen for the translation! ^^

Reading the cahpater now. biggrin.gif
Causmicfire
Thanks for the translation HisshouBuraiKen!

I want to make crack SlothxOlivier icons. XD
Sannom
I'm sure Ohno from Genshiken would have been excited by this chapter, what with those two big muscular grown men showing up like that laugh.gif Come on, other mangakas give a lot of female breast and effiminate male, Arakawa gives her readers two monstruously muscled individuals laugh.gif
RoyxRizaFan
Thanks for all who supplied previews/RAWS/translations - I love you all.

Woah sick chapter.

I loved seeing Kimblee in action again. It's been WAAAAY too long...
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/92/38/

Now I can actually buy that Al used the stone, too. Heinkel had a very good arguement that made it believable that Al would use it, even after all he has said in the past. It was nice to see him kick Selim's @$$, too.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/92/23/
I've missed those sparkles XDDD I loved that Alex and Olivia were fighting together like that. I have my fingers crossed for them, (I will cry is either of them were to bite the dust!!! >_<)

Sloth is freaking gigantic, though 0_0 Bigger than I remembered...

After I finish a chapter, I'm always anxious for the next one LOL
edxwinryfan
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
im just upset,and mad that we haven't seen Winry (or Edwin of course!) since chapter 84! Hiromu Arakawa is not thinking of her female fans (by the way i don't just read fma for Edwin.) that want to see more of Winry and more EdxWinry! sleep.gif
Kasumisty
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Feb 11 2009, 01:27 AM) *
im just upset,and mad that we haven't seen Winry (or Edwin of course!) since chapter 84! Hiromu Arakawa is not thinking of her female fans (by the way i don't just read fma for Edwin.) that want to see more of Winry and more EdxWinry! sleep.gif

I bet Hiromu Arakawa knows what she is doing. She need to close all sub-plots she created earlier. Altrough that chapter didn't contain my favourite character Ed, I liked it very much, because of action and plot.
edxwinryfan
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Feb 10 2009, 07:32 PM) *
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Feb 11 2009, 01:27 AM) *

I bet Hiromu Arakawa knows what she is doing. She need to close all sub-plots she created earlier. Altrough that chapter didn't contain my favourite character Ed, I liked it very much, because of action and plot.

I just hope that their is some EdxWin before the series ends.
Sannom
Did anybody else notice the "weakness" of Sloth in this chapter? When he uses his "flash" power, it seems that he goes so fast that his skin actually can't protect him from impacts from slashing or piercing objects. He just brushed Olivias's sword in the second attack, yet the sword cut him!
Blysse
QUOTE (Sannom @ Feb 10 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Did anybody else notice the "weakness" of Sloth in this chapter? When he uses his "flash" power, it seems that he goes so fast that his skin actually can't protect him from impacts from slashing or piercing objects. He just brushed Olivias's sword in the second attack, yet the sword cut him!

Ah, good observation there! biggrin.gif I wonder if that might make it easier for him to get killed?

Man, that little exchange between Alphonse and Kimblee was my favorite part. I loved Al's reasoning about there being a third option; I really do hope that's what he's going for! Maaaaaaan... seeing a restored!Alphonse in the manga?! D: I'd DIE of joy!!
Sannom
Ah, good observation there! biggrin.gif I wonder if that might make it easier for him to get killed?

Well, it should permit to pierce that thick skin of his, so yeah it should make him easier to kill.
Hagane no Baka
QUOTE (Sannom @ Feb 11 2009, 01:54 AM) *

Well, it should permit to pierce that thick skin of his, so yeah it should make him easier to kill.

Man I just hope Alex and Olivia don't get sliced up during the proces. Man it was so awesome to see Alex help his big sis. And the way they both said 'it's just a minor injury'.. that's so Armstrong family toughness^

And I was so thrilled to see Kimblee's @$$ kicked in the end. If you ask me, he prolly won't survive that bite. It was about time though, he's an awesome villain but like all villains he's gotta go biggrin.gif And man Selim really is cocky. To think in a situation like his, when even he & Kimblee together don't stand much chance together against a pissed-off-stone-using Al, he still has his all so superior attitude. That kid's starting to get annoying. I prefer Sloth, he's much more funny 'kill now.. sleep later' biggrin.gif
FMAobsessed
I haven't read the chapter yet, but it sounds really action packed. Don't worry edxwinryfan i am sure that ed and winry will show up sometime. I know how you feel. I love the relationships in FMA, but it is not the only reason I read it.
Sannom
What I like is that Pride get angry because Al reminded him of the discussion they had under the dome laugh.gif

If you ask me, he prolly won't survive that bite.

Some people on another forum said that it was a typical hunting feline bite : behind the neck, to paralyse and weaken the prey laugh.gif That animal instinct really comes in handy tongue.gif
Hagane no Baka
QUOTE (Sannom @ Feb 11 2009, 07:59 AM) *
What I like is that Pride get angry because Al reminded him of the discussion they had under the dome laugh.gif

If you ask me, he prolly won't survive that bite.

Some people on another forum said that it was a typical hunting feline bite : behind the neck, to paralyse and weaken the prey laugh.gif That animal instinct really comes in handy tongue.gif

LOL fullmetal alchemist has turned into fullmetal zoo biggrin.gif Which brings me to the idea that there should be researchers in the series who would research the animal behavior of the chimeras. They could use Kimblee as a test subject, like lions and wildebeasts on animal planet biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
the new chapter is so SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! man that was so aswome!!!!!!!!!! i really liked the fight between the armstrong silbings and sloth. that one part in the fight really confused me but that was aslo the part that was so funny.
Claudius
When is the corrupt military going to realize that the Homunculus care nothing about them? They remind me of Wolfram & Hart in Season Two of Angel.

Anyone bothered by the fact that Al participated in an attempted killing?
Sword Alchemist
I've been waiting for a reunion scene between Denny Brosh and Maria Ross ever since they reappeared in the manga.

IF I DONT GET IT SOON I'M GOING TO SCREAM!

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Sword Alchemist @ Feb 11 2009, 02:04 PM) *
I've been waiting for a reunion scene between Denny Brosh and Maria Ross ever since they reappeared in the manga.

IF I DONT GET IT SOON I'M GOING TO SCREAM!

me too i was hoping for that too. man i hope that it will happen soon. mellow.gif
Mistress of Misery
QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Feb 11 2009, 08:32 AM) *
And man Selim really is cocky. To think in a situation like his, when even he & Kimblee together don't stand much chance together against a pissed-off-stone-using Al, he still has his all so superior attitude.

Well, he IS called "Pride" for a reason...

Awesome chapter as usual. Somehow I'm not surprised that Sloth's ability completely contradicts his name. happy.gif
AA battery
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Feb 10 2009, 04:27 PM) *

Go read some shoujo then, if you have to whine about something like *that*.

QUOTE (Claudius @ Feb 11 2009, 10:45 AM) *
Anyone bothered by the fact that Al participated in an attempted killing?

Not really. It just means he has grown more mature now. 8D More like, he has no choice since protecting people important to him is the priority.

============================

Awesome chapter. Last page is the best part, really. xD I was rather surprised that Sloth would be the "Fastest Homunculus", though... he is so big and chunky and all...
ZakOnTheAttack
Yeah this chapter was full of action. They all kicked butt. I can't wait for the Briggs part and onwards to get animated.

I wish we had seen some more Mustang though, maybe they'll end up saving the Armstrongs?
Hagane no Baka
QUOTE (Mistress of Misery @ Feb 11 2009, 01:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Hagane no Baka @ Feb 11 2009, 08:32 AM) *
And man Selim really is cocky. To think in a situation like his, when even he & Kimblee together don't stand much chance together against a pissed-off-stone-using Al, he still has his all so superior attitude.

Well, he IS called "Pride" for a reason...

Yeah but he still looks like a little kid that's why it's so irritating!^
lunneth
QUOTE (Rain-Alchemist @ Feb 9 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Squeee! happy.gif ohmy.gif
But I have to get to chapter 91, before I read 92. sad.gif

to bad. to be honest im such a lazy git i wont read all of it ever. i just know the story really well and like the more recent chapters. god bless the americans for imported fma manga
Cece
This chapter is sooooo cool! There are way to many things for me to name in this chapter that I loved. Al is my numbah 1 and so is the lion king! My mouth dropped when I saw him bite the sh*t out of Kimblee's neck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.