Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Think There Will Be Another Fma Game Coming?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game
TheLostAlchemist
Do you think will there ever be another fma video game?
-comment on what you think
Popogeejo
Yes, there is a new series so there is bound to be merchandise to cash in.

What I think: Who cares, the games suck.
Artixte
There probably will, I just hope they make better DS games for FMA. I've only played the 2nd FMA game for the ps2 and the DS game of fma (not the card one, the other one which was suck-ishly short. Well, bottom line: it sucked.), but the ps2 game was rather entertaining enough to me. I just loved the clips they play in between fights. I've got to get my hands on the 3rd and 1st... And I would really like it if they would make some kind of FMA Brawl, that'd be so much fun..
Blysse
QUOTE (Artixte @ Jan 4 2009, 12:27 AM) *
There probably will, I just hope they make better DS games for FMA. I've only played the 2nd FMA game for the ps2 and the DS game of fma (not the card one, the other one which was suck-ishly short. Well, bottom line: it sucked.), but the ps2 game was rather entertaining enough to me. I just loved the clips they play in between fights. I've got to get my hands on the 3rd and 1st... And I would really like it if they would make some kind of FMA Brawl, that'd be so much fun..

1) I am so sad right now. I only own an NES... and have never played any of the FMA video games. Except for BBI (which I'm still in the middle of--non-English games are a pain in the arse!!) but... that doesn't count all that much, seeing as it was illegally made an unofficial. XD

2) Ohmaigawd I would go out and buy a gaming system just to play it if they made an FMA brawl-style game. *o* YES!!
Hey
Yeah, There's a new season of FMA coming up, so there'll probably be more games related to that plot.
What I think...I personally want some fighting games (sort of like SSBB), even though I suck at them. I kinda liked the GBA RPGs, but they are really short (Omoide no Sonata was longer than the first, but I finished it in a day and a half, main storyline and post-storyline quests).
I've only played a bit of the 2nd PS2 game, but my friend said the PS2 games are nothing compared to so much better RPGs out there.

I know there's already Dream Carnival, but I haven't played it and really want to xD

@Blysse: Was BBI fun? I kinda got bored halfway because it's almost all talk so I never saw the end. *Somewhat* interesting to read the dialogue though.
TheLostAlchemist
QUOTE (Artixte @ Jan 4 2009, 02:27 AM) *

Yeah the games did suck and yeah the second one was good and every thing you said was true. But Im hoping cause alot of people said that the fma games suck that they'll try a little harder to make it more fun or better than the last ones. ^-^

Blysse
QUOTE (Hey @ Jan 5 2009, 05:28 AM) *
@Blysse: Was BBI fun? I kinda got bored halfway because it's almost all talk so I never saw the end. *Somewhat* interesting to read the dialogue though.

I still haven't finished it. Working through the Roy Ending, ATM. O_<

I like it, but it's so time-consuming to play when you have to constantly flick your eyes from the screen down to your translated print-out. Or switch windows on your computer to read the walk-through and dialog translations. And despite it being mostly talk and such, I've been kept interested in it by just the artwork alone!
TheLostAlchemist
QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 5 2009, 02:45 PM) *

I like it, but it's so time-consuming to play when you have to constantly flick your eyes from the screen down to your translated print-out. Or switch windows on your computer to read the walk-through and dialog translations. And despite it being mostly talk and such, I've been kept interested in it by just the artwork alone!

ah so you bought the one in japanese?

QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 4 2009, 02:33 AM) *
QUOTE (Artixte @ Jan 4 2009, 12:27 AM) *

1) I am so sad right now. I only own an NES... and have never played any of the FMA video games. Except for BBI (which I'm still in the middle of--non-English games are a pain in the arse!!) but... that doesn't count all that much, seeing as it was illegally made an unofficial. XD

2) Ohmaigawd I would go out and buy a gaming system just to play it if they made an FMA brawl-style game. *o* YES!!

hm i hear that alot. Like one some one says they wish it could be like SSB. I wonder what that'd be like and yeah alot of my friends never played any of there games ether. "^-^
BBI sounds like a fan made game. I think i heard of it, um is it fun?
Blysse
QUOTE (TheLostAlchemist @ Jan 5 2009, 01:15 PM) *

Bought?

Excuse me for a moment... *Hysterical fits of laughter and snorting*

Honey... if I had a hard copy of BBI, I'd be screaming it from the rooftops and rubbing it in everybody's face like a total b****. I'd sleep with the damned thing under my pillow, too, just to know it's safe! Only 100 copies were ever sold before the lawyers got to those poor Chinese guys and sued them into the ground. (And yes, it's Chinese, not Japanese.) I managed to find a download for it, thank God.
TheLostAlchemist
QUOTE (Artixte @ Jan 4 2009, 02:27 AM) *

*nods* ^-^
But I haven't played the card one yet so how dose it suck do you just play cards and it gets boring after a while or is there no point to it, or...what?
TheLostAlchemist
QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 5 2009, 03:27 PM) *
QUOTE (TheLostAlchemist @ Jan 5 2009, 01:15 PM) *

Bought?

Excuse me for a moment... *Hysterical fits of laughter and snorting*

Honey... if I had a hard copy of BBI, I'd be screaming it from the rooftops and rubbing it in everybody's face like a total b****. I'd sleep with the damned thing under my pillow, too, just to know it's safe! Only 100 copies were ever sold before the lawyers got to those poor Chinese guys and sued them into the ground. (And yes, it's Chinese, not Japanese.) I managed to find a download for it, thank God.

oh sorry I sound like a total dork lol. I'm kinda one of those new fma fans so i dont know alot. "^-^

Oh now i want to play it. ">.<
hm thats just sad.

AA battery
The lawyers haven't started sueing them yet... I believe AVEX gave them a warning, pretty much. It's not the FMA series after them... it's the music company owning the song "Moments" (by Hamasaki Ayumi) that was after them.

People who own copyright to FMA wouldn't bother to sue them. Why sue your fans, aka potential money cow, right?

I hope to see a new PS2 (or PS3) FMA game~ I loved FMA1 2 3... All three of them have great gameplay (storyline wasn't that good)~ And hopefully the homunculus will have a bigger role in the next game(s)? I don't see why they won't make new games for the new series. =D srsly, Dragon Ball has a new game literally every year, so why not FMA xD Oh I'm not dissing Dragon Ball or anything like that, I'm a pretty hardcore DB fan as well.
TheLostAlchemist
QUOTE (AA battery @ Jan 11 2009, 10:59 PM) *
The lawyers haven't started sueing them yet... I believe Sony gave them a warning, pretty much. It's not the FMA series after them... it's the music company owning the song "Moments" (by Hamasaki Ayumi) that was after them.

People who own copyright to FMA wouldn't bother to sue them. Why sue your fans, aka potential money cow, right?

I hope to see a new PS2 (or PS3) FMA game~ I loved FMA1 2 3... All three of them have great gameplay (storyline wasn't that good)~ And hopefully the homunculus will have a bigger role in the next game(s)? I don't see why they won't make new games for the new series. =D srsly, Dragon Ball has a new game literally every year, so why not FMA xD Oh I'm not dissing Dragon Ball or anything like that, I'm a pretty hardcore DB fan as well.

oh. well that makes a bit more sense.

i only played the 3rd game *which was really fun* so idk what the other games are like to play. *nods* lol yeah i know there definitely going to make a new fma video game and there definitely going to try even harder to make it more...uh cant think of a word lets just say fun. and with the graphics in the games improving over the years i just know the graphics are going to be even better.^-^
(homunculus need luv too)

LandoCalrissian
I think they will make a new game as others stated due to the new series.

They should make a special edition version where you get the first 2 ps2 games ported as well as the Carnival game that was not released in the states for 360 and PS3.

AA battery
Correction: Sorry, Hamasaki Ayumi isn't part of Sony... she is part of AVEX. My bad. Post corrected.

Rumours say a new FMA Wii game will be out. In Japan anyway. Probably add another year or two for a North America version.
Tombow
Yap, we indeed have a new FMA game coming out!!
And, it's discussed on New FMA Wii Game!! thread.
Everyone, please join our discussions there!! biggrin.gif

Closing the thread. For farther discussions on the new FMA game, please visit New FMA Wii Game!! thread. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.