Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Edward Quote: The Best Of Edward Elric Quote!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2
Vampyre Alchemist
Whos that tempermental little alchemist that we all know and love? Edward! What is this thread about? Pretty self-explanitory. Post a quote from Edward Elric! There should be countless of funny quotes out there, and if you know,please post the episode number also.
Don't be shy, just post an Edward quote and where (which episode) we can hear that!
Mat-Mat
"Just keep moving foward. Get up and walk on your own legs. At least you have two good legs to walk on."
Artixte
"I saw once in a movie these two guys ate some boots to survive." - Or something along those lines, in the manga I remember.
Rainshine
Of course, there's "WHO YA CALLIN' SO SHORT YOU CAN ONLY SEE HIM WITH A MICROSCOPE!?!?"
LOL, epic.

I can't remember some of the other ones, but I know that in the FMA movie he says something to Al, and I can't remember what it was...
*bashes head* Think!!!
dry.gif
Sal_san
I'm confused. Ed said many things to Al in the movie... is it about his height?

"Al... what, you thought I'd still be a runt when I'm eighteen years old!?"

Or something like that...
Zangya
"Get too close to the sun...and all you'll do is burn up."
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
    "who would want to eat white liquid secreted from a cow!?"
    "I am not an ordinary alchemist"
    “If I died the world would continue to move along as if nothing had happened.”
    “Because you’re just a small part of it.”
    “When the small part in this case me, dies, the body remains.”
    “Water, Carbon, Ammonia, Lime, Phosphorous, Salt, Saltpeter, Sulfur, Magnesium, Fluorine, Iron, and Aluminum right?”
    “Right. The body’s only a combination of those simple elements. Nothing more. We’re destined to be decomposed by bacteria, and become nutrients for plants, then you follow the process further, those plants nourish herbivores.”
    “And those herbivores nourish carnivores. Even others like us. And even though we lose awareness our lives keep on moving through the system.”
    “The great flow that maintains the universe, call it the cycle of life, the course of nature each one of us is just a small part of that part. One in the all. Yet without all the individual ones, the all can’t exist. This world flows by following grander laws that we can’t even imagine. To recognize that flow, to work in it. To decompose, and recreate, that is alchemy.”
    The cycle of life only goes one direction, not even alchemy can change that.

sorry i got really really bored. wow i need a life.
Rainshine
I'm confused. Ed said many things to Al in the movie... is it about his height?

"Al... what, you thought I'd still be a runt when I'm eighteen years old!?"

Or something like that...

No... but I forgot that one! xD

It was something like... "No one wanted a war but a war is what we got. We can't keep living our lives like our own hopes and goals are the only things that matter. Ok?"

Something along those lines...
Saving_Grace
"I'll turn you all into fish!"

Love it. Cracks me up everytime.
Rainshine
I love the fish line!!!
XD
Blysse
*Head/desk* I know what my favorite Eddy quote is, but I can't remember it! I can't even remember what episode it's in to go look it up! ohmy.gif

It's the one scene where he goes all fake psycho and talks about how he loooooves to kill people. laugh.gif

I found a screencap, but I still can't remember the episode! sad.gif Can anyone help an idiot out, here? XD
Rainshine
I remember that too! But what episode?!
*head/desk/repeat/repeat/repeat*
Was it something with Russel and Fletcher?
Blysse
"It's been a good while since I killed anyone. I kinda miss it. You wanna watch?"

You were right, Rain! It's when Ed is talking to Mugear about the Tringhams. biggrin.gif Episode 12!

Ah, I love that part so much. laugh.gif
Rainshine
LOL, and I love how he sort of freaks the other guy out.
XD

You wanna watch??
XP
AzhiDevn
Edward Elric: "If I were normal sized, I wouldn't have been able to get through... I'm glad that I'm small... No! it's not good!" lol xD

Edward Elric: "Damn it, he's bigger than me and a year younger? That's funny in a weird way."

Maes Hughes: "Don't get normal people like me involved in your talent show of weirdos."
--- --- --- --- --- ---
Roy Mustang: "Is there no alchemy technique to burn a person through a phone?"
Maes Hughes: "You sure asked a scary question, Flame Alchemist."
-I know it's not from Ed, but I couldn't help it! xD-

Edward Elric: "Who're you calling small, you minimum hag?!"
Pinako Rockbell: "What did you call me, you extreme shorty?!"
Edward Elric: "Shut up, bean hag!"
Pinako Rockbell: Micro shorty!
Edward Elric: "You water flea hag!"
Armstrong: "Edward Elric! What are you saying to this eldery lady? I, Armstrong, will fix you up!"
Pinako Rockbell: "Who is he? He doesn't seem to understand the jokes."
Edward Elric: "Eheh...."

lol...xD
--- --- --- --- --- ---
Al: Brother...am I scary?
Ed: Please...you're kindness in a can.

-soooo cute!! xDDD-
--- --- --- --- --- ---
Ed: This pain's nothing... compared to what he's given up.
--- --- --- --- --- ---
Psiren: Sleep tight, Pipsqueak!
Ed: Who are you calling a Pipsqueak? You know, I'd be tall too in heels!
--- --- --- --- --- ---
Ed: I said get down on the ground!
Russell: What? So we can see eye to eye?
--- --- --- --- --- ---
Hughes: Hey, I've got a message from Roy.
Ed: You mean the Colonel?
Hughes: He said, "Don't die under my command, you're enough of a pain without the paperwork." That was it.
Ed: Tell him fine, there's no way I'm dying before you do, you morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex.

Ok, I'm done now...I hope you enjoy this quotes...xD
Blysse
Edward Elric: "If I were normal sized, I wouldn't have been able to get through... I'm glad that I'm small... No! it's not good!" lol xD

Yes!! Ahaha, I love that part so much. And if he was normal sized, he couldn't have dodged that huge, spherical rock later on, eh? wink.gif

Rainshine
morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex.

X]
Edward Cardinal Elric
"When I was certain he was going to kill me, my mind went blank, and I didn't have any hope anymore. And the only thing I could do was scream my lungs out. I felt so helpless, I couldn't even bring myself to believe someone might save me. Then you showed up, Al. And I realized that if we don't take care of each other, then no one else will. So I'll do anything in my power to get our bodies back, even if it means being the military's lapdog. And we'll just have to hope our powers are good enough to help us rise above our own limits. 'Cause we're not gods. We're humans. Tiny, insignificant humans... who couldn't even save a little girl."

- Edward Elric (Season 1, Episode 8: The Philosopher's Stone)

"But how can that be? I've spent years devoted to alchemy, that damn principle. Getting my arm and leg back and my brother's body. That's our dream. We keep looking for something we can do to balance the equation...to earn it back, but I've never turned it around the other way. Where was the equivalency then? What have we ever gained for our losses? It's always been a one way current, just a series of us giving to the void. Everything's been taken from us!"

- Edward Elric (Season 1, Episode 16: That which is Lost)

"Even after I became a soldier, war still seemed like something that happened in a far off land where I couldn't see it; where someone else fought and died. It didn't seem real. I thought war had nothing to do with me. But now that I've learned that there's someone who is willing to start war, who is going to start war, just for the stone, I know that as long as people seek the stone's forbidden power that bloodshed will keep happening. I know the desire for that power lurks somewhere in all of us. The homunculi may throw fuel on the fire for it, but didn't the desire to bring back people that we love create them? And if they're nothing more than the products of our hearts and minds, no matter how pure our intentions, then there will never be a war that isn't at least in some part caused by all of us. Ever."

- Edward Elric (Season 1, Episode 48: Goodbye)

"All of that would mean nothing if it came at the expense of so much pain. Even when our eyes are closed, there is a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."

"If it's childish to believe in this, so be it. I'd rather be considered a child than follow a doctrine of cynicism, chaos—apathy. I thought I didn't care, Dad, that I didn't need to believe in things. But I was wrong."

- Edward Elric (Season 1, Episode 50: Death)
Artixte
Gyah..Those quotes just made me cry sad.gif Edward's amazing..
Rainshine
QUOTE (Edward Cardinal Elric @ Jan 11 2009, 11:03 PM) *
"When I was certain he was going to kill me, my mind went blank, and I didn't have any hope anymore. And the only thing I could do was scream my lungs out. I felt so helpless, I couldn't even bring myself to believe someone might save me. Then you showed up, Al. And I realized that if we don't take care of each other, then no one else will. So I'll do anything in my power to get our bodies back, even if it means being the military's lapdog. And we'll just have to hope our powers are good enough to help us rise above our own limits. 'Cause we're not gods. We're humans. Tiny, insignificant humans... who couldn't even save a little girl."

- Edward Elric (Season 1, Episode 8: The Philosopher's Stone)

"But how can that be? I've spent years devoted to alchemy, that damn principle. Getting my arm and leg back and my brother's body. That's our dream. We keep looking for something we can do to balance the equation...to earn it back, but I've never turned it around the other way. Where was the equivalency then? What have we ever gained for our losses? It's always been a one way current, just a series of us giving to the void. Everything's been taken from us!"

- Edward Elric (Season 1, Episode 16: That which is Lost)

"Even after I became a soldier, war still seemed like something that happened in a far off land where I couldn't see it; where someone else fought and died. It didn't seem real. I thought war had nothing to do with me. But now that I've learned that there's someone who is willing to start war, who is going to start war, just for the stone, I know that as long as people seek the stone's forbidden power that bloodshed will keep happening. I know the desire for that power lurks somewhere in all of us. The homunculi may throw fuel on the fire for it, but didn't the desire to bring back people that we love create them? And if they're nothing more than the products of our hearts and minds, no matter how pure our intentions, then there will never be a war that isn't at least in some part caused by all of us. Ever."

"All of that would mean nothing if it came at the expense of so much pain. Even when our eyes are closed, there is a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."

"If it's childish to believe in this, so be it. I'd rather be considered a child than follow a doctrine of cynicism, chaos—apathy. I thought I didn't care, Dad, that I didn't need to believe in things. But I was wrong."

- Edward Elric (Season 1, Episode 50: Death)

Beautiful quotes!
There's only a couple quotes like that in the entire series, and it looks like you found them!
biggrin.gif
Artixte
No, no, my dear. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more in the entire series. There's the manga, remember that.
Rainshine
QUOTE (Artixte @ Jan 17 2009, 03:01 PM) *
No, no, my dear. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more in the entire series. There's the manga, remember that.

Of course, of course! tongue.gif

But still... they found some of the best ones. At least ones that I've come across.. I'm only 2 thirds through the manga...
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow all that edward says is aswome. wub.gif but that is me and that can be differnt for other people. wub.gif

must find more quotes from edward...... but i am in class right now...... TONIGHT when i am bored i will do that.
Rainshine
"I make women and children go boom..." - Kimbley
I know it's no an Edward quote, but I love it!
Saving_Grace
QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 6 2009, 05:07 PM) *
"It's been a good while since I killed anyone. I kinda miss it. You wanna watch?"

Ah! I remember that one! Love it!

"So what's your strategy?" - Al
"I told you! A fist in his face!" - Ed
Blysse
QUOTE (Saving_Grace @ Jan 21 2009, 11:41 PM) *

laugh.gif That one was so good! I can hear his little voice in my head right now!
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
oh ya i remeber that ep. that one was one of my many favorites. happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif
Rainshine
QUOTE (Blysse @ Jan 22 2009, 12:59 AM) *
QUOTE (Saving_Grace @ Jan 21 2009, 11:41 PM) *

laugh.gif That one was so good! I can hear his little voice in my head right now!

LOL, I loved that one! Episode 13 was sooooooooo funny! tongue.gif
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Rain-Alchemist @ Jan 22 2009, 09:33 PM) *
LOL, I loved that one! Episode 13 was sooooooooo funny! tongue.gif

yes it was. oh i so want to watch it right now.
Rainshine
LOL ^

I love the fullmetal vs flame fight!
"It's hard to hit such a small target." XD
LandoCalrissian
QUOTE (Rain-Alchemist @ Jan 23 2009, 08:09 PM) *
LOL ^

I love the fullmetal vs flame fight!
"It's hard to hit such a small target." XD

Anything that he says after someone calls him "shortie" or "runt"
Speedy Alchemist
I loved it when Ed was talking down to Fake Ed.

Ed: *points to the ground.* "On your knees!"

xD
KenRik
QUOTE (LandoCalrissian @ Feb 18 2009, 07:18 PM) *
Anything that he says after someone calls him "shortie" or "runt"

Haha! I agree. ^^
Hagaren_4ever
Maes: "Oh I have a message from Roy. He says 'Don't die on my watch because it'll be up to me to clean up the mess'."
Ed: "Tell I said 'Fine, because there's no way I'm dying before you, you morally bankrupt colonel with a god complex."

Haha.

Where did the "I'll turn you all into fish!" line come from? huh.gif
animechOcO24
It's right there on my signature tongue.gif
Bambi
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Apr 27 2009, 01:14 PM) *
Maes: "Oh I have a message from Roy. He says 'Don't die on my watch because it'll be up to me to clean up the mess'."
Ed: "Tell I said 'Fine, because there's no way I'm dying before you, you morally bankrupt colonel with a god complex."

Haha.

Where did the "I'll turn you all into fish!" line come from? huh.gif

The line came episode 10 when they wanted to give him a shot becuase he had food poisoning.
Vampyre Alchemist
"Oh, good, you came to feed me, and I thought you were mad."
Forsaken Love
'I SAID! A FIST IN HIS FACE!'

and the one that goes something like 'don't call me small! i'll break down your feet and stick em' on your head!'

and all of the fullmetal vs flame ep XD

'al don't run! think of the kitten!'

oh and where he sais the thing about 'morally bankrupt cournel with a god complex' XD
Red Shrimp
Hahah the best I can remember is in my signature:

"What?! I'm not short! I just live in a big world goddammit!!" - Manga Chapter 83
Full-Fledged Alchemist
"Don't call me small! I'll break down your feet and stick em on your heeeaaaaaad!" XDD

lol, I love that entire episode! Let's see, I love the quote in my signature...aaaand....oh! I love when he was talking to Mason and Mason says "So, you finally got taller!" and Ed says "You love to piss me off..." XDDD
Vampyre Alchemist
"This is why you'll always be the size of a bean!"
"A BEAN!?"
"Yes, a bean."
Rainshine
Haha, Ed has a lot of great quotes.

"Even when our eyes are closed,
there's a whole world that lives outside ourselves and our dreams"

That's probably one of my favorites, though.
xMinty
I don't like edward but I have to admitt it was hilarious when he said
"yeah I get it you couldn't ditinguish me from all the grains of sand...VERY FUNNY!!!" when all roy said was something like how he hadn't seen him or something...
idk why it was just hilarious xD
xMinty
I don't like edward but I have to admitt it was hilarious when he said
"yeah I get it you couldn't ditinguish me from all the grains of sand...VERY FUNNY!!!" when all roy said was something like how he hadn't seen him or something...
idk why it was just hilarious xD

PLEASE A MOD DELETE THIS it accedently got posted twice sorry ;_;
Carmencita
Favorite Edward quotes.... Well here's one you can't (do you hear me? C-a-n-t. Can't.) find in the animes or manga. He just said it at a con. But you can definately watch the video here.

"who you calling a pipsqueak midget,who cant even go to the beach because hes so small,he can sink into the sand,and when the tide comes in he doesnt even say anything or worry about drowning cuz hes so microscopic,he can breathe oxygen atoms through the water!!" - Edward's Longest short Rant at some convention I don't know.

"Even when our eyes are closed,
there's a whole world that lives outside ourselves and our dreams"

^Forget where that one is from but defiantelt a favorite.. umm.. *goes off to think*
Full Metal SHORTY!!!
I can't remember all of his rants, but they were definitely the best bit smile.gif They always made me laugh.

But that one is hilarious!!! ^^^
majrakun
QUOTE (Red Shrimp @ Jul 24 2009, 09:36 AM) *
Hahah the best I can remember is in my signature:

"What?! I'm not short! I just live in a big world goddammit!!" - Manga Chapter 83

I was about to post this! It's just so inspiring, despite it being part of his rant XD
Flamez_Freak
"get up u miserable F*** , its time u learned , wy u are not in our league"
hoprabbit
"You're so short you're two dimensional!"

And the longest rant, the beach one. I think Carmelita posted it. ^^ But the two dimensional is my favorite. It's from the first time Ed comes home to Pinako and Winry's. Not sure which anime, but I think it's Brotherhood.
xHearter
"Like I always say, can't find a door, MAKE YOU'RE OWN!" episode 2

"DON'T CALL ME SMALL! I'LL BREAK DOWN YOU'RE FEET AND STICK EM' ON YOU'RE HEAD!" episode 13

Roy-"Wow Ed,didn't expect to see you here."
Ed-"oh, I get it. So short you couldn't distinguish me from all the grains of sand. VERY FUNNY!" episode 41

Ed-"so what else have you heard about the fullmetal alchemist?"
taxi guy-"well I hear he's actually surprisingly short, like a dwarf or something."
"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A DWARF!" *causes cab to fall over* "GET BACK HERE AND SAY THAT TO MY FACE!"
Al-"BROTHER! If you don;t stop scaring away taxi drivers, we'll never get to lior!" episode 9

Hughes-"message from the colonel. he says'dont die on my command you're enough of the troube without the paper work' and that was it."
Ed- "Tell him FINE! There is NO WAY I'mdying before you do, you MORALLY BANKRUPT colonel with a GOD complex!" episode 16. oh yes, I even memorized when his voice went up in pitch, that's the capitalized stuff.

I didn't look at any reference for any of these. memorized them all. xD
here're some Ed rants that I made up:

"WHO YA CALLIN A RUNT SO TINY THEY HAD TO MAKE A WHOLE NEW MEASURE SYSTEM JUST SO HE COULD FIT!?"
"WHO YA CALLIN A PIPSQUEAK MIDGET WHO WAS HIRED TO SING AND DANCE ON WILLY WONKA!?"
"WHO YA CALLIN A BEAN SPROUT WHOSE SO SHORT HE CAN'T EVEN BE TAKEN AS SERIOUSLY AS A TODLER!?"
"WHO YA CALLIN SO SHORT HE CAN GO ON THE 'SMALL PEOPLE BIG WORLD' SHOW!?"
"WHO YA CALLIN SO SHORT...um....that he's....SHORT!?"

lol,made these all up except the last one. That was my Brother.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.