well just a couple i've yet to hear ALL of them
the only songs i heard were from the radio and from fuse are
Psychosocial AND
Dead Memories ._.
After that i don't know anymore

(SUCH A NOOB AT SLIPKNOT) XD

yeah,, i think their the 2 best songs on the album
lunneth
JOEY JORDSON danm he is just a legend. i like my plague. it kiss [All hail lord Xenu]
Dickens
I feel they kinda peaked at Subliminal Verses. I'm not that impressed with the latest album to be honest. The released tracks are the best by far, but I still prefer songs like the Blister Exists and Three Nil.

And Wait and Bleed is happy times smile.gif *ironically*
Metastasis
The original version of Gently, on the Mate-Feed-Kill-Repeat album, kicks [All hail lord Xenu]. I recently discovered it, as I'd already known the Iowa version, and when I got the MFKR album, I assumed it was a less finalized version. It has the same lyrics, and most of the same music, but the tempo is completely different, and I believe their old singer Anders Colfini sings on it. It just kicks [All hail lord Xenu].
I am enjoying their newest album, but I don't seem to be getting into it as much as I did their previous work. That might be because I was getting high all the time and listening to those albums over and over back then, and I can't do that anymore.
And Joey does kick [All hail lord Xenu].
Disasterpiece
SLIPKNOT IS THE GREATEST BAND ON EARTH.

YOU CANNOT F**K WITH THIS BAND.

lunneth
QUOTE (Metastasis @ Mar 24 2009, 07:29 AM) *
The original version of Gently, on the Mate-Feed-Kill-Repeat album, kicks [All hail lord Xenu]. I recently discovered it, as I'd already known the Iowa version, and when I got the MFKR album, I assumed it was a less finalized version. It has the same lyrics, and most of the same music, but the tempo is completely different, and I believe their old singer Anders Colfini sings on it. It just kicks [All hail lord Xenu].
I am enjoying their newest album, but I don't seem to be getting into it as much as I did their previous work. That might be because I was getting high all the time and listening to those albums over and over back then, and I can't do that anymore.
And Joey does kick [All hail lord Xenu].

.....................pardon me but did i just here blashemy?
Disasterpiece
This is for the record.

I love Slipknot with a burning passion of a thousand suns. Their music has shaped me into the person I've become, and I think without them I would be worse off than I am.

HOWEVER, with the release of AHIG, I was VERY disappointed. It was NOT a cohesive album at all. Even James in an interview said he hated how the recording process went.

The band itself is spiraling toward what Corey referred to in 2000 as "rockstar bull...." (when bashing Korn)

They've sold themselves out. Let's face it. They are not like 1999 slipknot anymore. They are not crazy anymore. That was the essence of the band, and I don't want to hear any of this "maturity" crap. The first thing when I think of slipknot is 9 guys in red jumpsuits raising hell onstage.

And now they're nothing.
Phantom37
I used to be a huge Slipknot fan but then I started liking some faster and heavier stuff like thrash-metal(Slayer, Kreator, Testament) and Death-metal(Cannibal Corpse, Deicide,Behemoth etc). There was a 2-3 year time when I didn't listen to Slipknot at all. Then I saw them at Ruisrock-festival last year and I started to listen to them again. I realized that they're actually a really great band. Their latest album is imo by far their best work. It's the most diverse and has hands down the best writing of all.There are only a couple of songs I don't like off that album. With that said my favorite tracks:

- The Blister Exists ( A really nasty song with catchy riffs, fast tempo and great lyrics)

- Get This ( Their most thrashy song with a lot of aggression)

- Gemetria(The Killing Name) ( Propably their heaviest to date, also the most technical)

- (SIC) ( Needs no explaining)

Response to the post above: This is something I have to disagree about. Onstage they were great nut they're attitude and image was just childish and stupid. It's just painful to hear a guy in his thirties talk like a angsty 12-year old teenager. Some of the lyrics were really bad (Surfacing anyone?). I'm glad they grew up. Corey is actually a really intelligent guy and a great lyric-writer when he puts effort to his work and doesn't use the f-word constantly. Yeah some of the songs were bad(Vermilion part 2...) but a lot of the softer material is really well written like Dead Memories. Say what you want about the songs but I love it.Few years ago when I was a "metal-elitist" I would've hated the song but right now I really enjoy listening to it.

Slipknot sold out on their first album tongue.gif Wait and Bleed and Spit it out were both perfet examples of a radiofriendly song tongue.gif Part of it has to do with Roadrunner records( They're very well known for calling the shots on some of the stuff the band writes).
lunneth
OH MY GOD PAUL GRAY IS DEAD O:) );
Flamez_Freak
Shocking stuff . . That is so so sad . . . sad.gif
Royai263
My favorite song by Slipknot is:
Vermillion Part 2
KelticWolf
I am honestly VERY disappointed with people. There has been SOO many items stolen off the member that passed aways grave... A huge stone gargoyle for one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.