Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voice Casting News:
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AA battery
QUOTE (Tombow @ Mar 6 2009, 05:36 AM) *
My vague memory also tells me that Riza might mentioned the name Issac when she was talking to Mustang in the Central HQ cafeteria and doing the "code" thingy... Though that might have been just the plot convenience to make up Riza's "... is a homunclus" message.

You are correct. But unfortunately those pages doesn't tell us much about how the character looks like...

Scar
Elric
Lushi
Issac <---
Miles

and that's from chapter 74...

Harley is not mentioned, though. Havoc was used for the H in Homunculus...
Flamez_Freak
hey good job guys...locking on to who isaac is ..thats very good...maybe they have added some new character just to increase the cast....

ETA: ..in 2ch its given that isaac is an anime original character.....
Andie
QUOTE (AA battery @ Mar 6 2009, 07:21 AM) *
Damn, someone beat me to it XD

Oh well, I'll post my version too. 8D

Wow, epic cast change. I'm SO GLAD THAT Park Romi and Kugimiya Rie are still doing Ed and Al.

Those with a *** indicates cast change from previous anime series.

ロイ・マスタング:三木眞一郎 (Roy Mustang: Miki Shinichirou) ***
リザ・ホークアイ:折笠富美子 (Riza Hawkeye: Orikasa Fumiko) ***
マース・ヒューズ:藤原啓治 (Maes Hughes: Fujiwara Kenji)
エンヴィー:高山みなみ (Envy: Takayama Minami) ***
アイザック:山寺宏一 (Issac: Yamadera Kouichi) ***

from my lj post

Aww, no Okawa? That makes me sad. I hope Miki Shinichirou does a good job...

Orikasa Fumiko is also Rukia's seiyuu from Bleach... well she shares some similarities with Riza, I think she can pull it off.

As for Envy... his new voice actor did Dilandau from Escaflowne! See the awsomeness: http://csakuras.livejournal.com/489386.html#cutid1 (from Csakuras' journal). I think she'll do an terrific job. She also does Chrno from Chrno Crusade too, I think

AA battery
To Andie: And of course, don't forget Edogawa Conan, who I stated at the bottom of my post. You don't really have to repeat what I already said, you know. =P

To Tombow: This is what CSakuraS said on lj...

Isaac is only briefly mentioned by name in the manga though. Apparently Newtype says that he's an anime original character that Director Irie asked Arakawa to design for him.

My guess is that he's a guest character only appearing in one episode (which holds up the theory that the first episode will be original).

Stupid anime cast for using a name that has already been used in manga! We wasted a few hours of our life last night, but it's okay, I guess.
Tombow
^ Ohhh... I see. ^^ Thanks for letting us know!! (Thank you AA battery and fma_milan_freak and Kasumisty and others, and thank you csakuras!!! ^^)

So then, I'll sit back and wait for the first episode to find out more. biggrin.gif
FailToImpress
Ooh, a new character? That's kind of exciting.
Must be of some importance if he was listed in the actor list, huh?
Sannom
Not necessarily. Code Geass had hype and artworks of insignificant characters weeks before their one-episode appearance.
FailToImpress
I was just speculating. tongue.gif
You're probably right.
asunder
dang, they really got rid of the some of the major VA's. A bit of a disappointment but not the end of the world.
I'm sure by the first ten episodes or so, we'll get used to the new voices.
fullmoon
QUOTE (Tombow @ Mar 6 2009, 11:46 PM) *
@Munou_No_MustangTaisa and fullmoon - I take it that you are very disappointed on the casting of certain character(s) for the new FMA-2 series? If so, I empathize, and we'd love to hear your reasonings for your disappointments, and hopefully, you will still enjoy watching the new FMA series. Or, if you have other opinions on new FMA VAs we'd love to hear that, too. ^^ And meantime, please take your off-topic chats to PMs. Thank you! smile.gif

Tombow-san, I'm not disappointed happy.gif just a little shocked XD I guess because I'm so used to the first series cast. It will be take a while to adjust to the changes but the new cast may be just as good as the old cast so i won't be making any judgments until i see the first episode =D. I will not stop watching the new series because of a change in seiyuus, i could never skip anything FMA-related XD.

I'm so sorry about that >< thank you so much for saying it politely too happy.gif. It won't happen again.
Flamez_Freak
yeah..it will surely take time for us to adjust to the new voica cast...but we will surely adjust soon...

has anyone noticed that none of the manga oriented characters have been introduced yet...not anyone at all....no father,no ling,no ranfan...no one...and i have a feeling that many guys of the previous voice cast will do the voice acting for the manga oriented characters..there can be a possibility....right
Sal_san
^

Maybe... but I just want to see Ling and Mei Chan animated...

They are going to be in the new anime, right? unsure.gif
Kasumisty
^Yes. They revealed father, so I suppose the rest from the manga will be here
Tombow
QUOTE (fullmoon @ Mar 6 2009, 08:56 PM) *
Tombow-san, I'm not disappointed happy.gif just a little shocked XD I guess because I'm so used to the first series cast. It will be take a while to adjust to the changes but the new cast may be just as good as the old cast so i won't be making any judgments until i see the first episode =D. I will not stop watching the new series because of a change in seiyuus, i could never skip anything FMA-related XD....

@fullmoon - No problem!! Yeah, that casting list was quite unexpected for me also. ^^
Glad to hear that you'll be still interested in FMA-2 anime!! happy.gif

And, about the original character for this series...
(The following pic scan, and more, were reported by Kasumisty on here. ^^)

According to this NewType magazine scan, this is how the original character looks like.
The writing part is too blurred and I can't read & translate. Sorry.

Also, the same scan confirms the VA casts, as reported yesterday on this thread:

Again, the pic is too blurred to read & translate the actual articles. Sorry.
spectator
OMG! Orikasa Fumiko is dubbing Riza's voice. She is one of my favorite voice actresses. cool.gif

Who is the one who dubs Roy's voice? As I know, it's not the same person who dubbed his voice in the first season.
lunneth
lol. kugumiya san is back from shana. llllllllllooooooooollllllllllllll. woot. hope this series is good. hope the new voices live up to it aswell
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.