Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Art & Animation Style, Character Designs Of FMA-2: Brotherhood Anime
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Little Washu
(Info added by Tombow, May 23, 2009)

Art related production staff for FMA-2: Brotherhood anime, from FMA-2 official JP site

Director: Yasuhiro IRIE (入江泰浩)
Character Design: Hiroki KANNO (菅野宏紀)
Art Design: Kazushige KANEHIRA (金平和茂)
Art Director: Goushi SATO (佐藤豪志)
Background: KUSANAGI (草薙) (Note: Not a person but an Art Studio)
Color Layout: Souko NAKAO (中尾総子)
Alchemy circle Design: Shinji ARAMAKI (荒牧伸志)
Animation Production: BONES (ボンズ)
Production: Fullmetal Alchemist Production Committee (鋼の錬金術師製作委員会)

==============

I really liked the art in FMA, but some things annoyed me. I would love a new art style! Not a dramatic change, just a different take on it. Of course, I would think that would mean BONES wouldn't be working on it.

I don't know whether it's been confirmed or not as to whether BONES will be working on it or not, but even if they are would you like a new art style given the option?
Blysse
I like the old art style, really. I wouldn't mind a change as long as it wasn't too drastic, though. Like... the movie art was a little different, and I was fine with that.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
well as for me i have to say that i really like the old art and hope that they keep that way. happy.gif
Popogeejo
Washu, work on asking questions.
Do you want the old art or a new style?

This isn't a yes/no question is it?

Anyway, I'm happy to see a new art style come in. It's been a good few years and Bones will probably try something new, even if it isn't much.
Petra
I don't want a drastic change, but a few small changes wouldn't hurt...
Cece
I would like new art the old one just doesn't do it for me. New series new art.
Broken Chouchou
Yeah, I think a new art style would be kinda cool. Don't know how I'd want it to look, though. Possibly a little more detailed than the original style, and maybe with a darker tone when it comes to colours and shading.
edo little kid

I don't want style art (Edward) & (Winry) changed!!!

I like his style in drawing him!!!

look at this old art ....

I really liked the art in FMA

Little Washu
QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Dec 1 2008, 01:15 PM) *
Washu, work on asking questions.
Do you want the old art or a new style?

This isn't a yes/no question is it?

Sorry about that ^^U.

I'd love for SHAFT to do the art. I used to hate them, but after a while I just fell in love with their style(s). Especially how the homunculus(mainly Lust) would look.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
ya that is true, but i am curious about is that would he change the art styles of the homunculus or create new ones seening that the old ones (expect wrath and gluttony) are all dead??
Popogeejo
Try that again but in English this time.
Little Washu
^I've no clue if you're referring to me or dark angel whatever, but in response to him/her:

The series isn't continuing from where it left off, it's starting over again. So, all the homunculus will be alive.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Dec 4 2008, 09:39 AM) *
^I've no clue if you're referring to me or dark angel whatever, but in response to him/her:

The series isn't continuing from where it left off, it's starting over again. So, all the homunculus will be alive.

oh ok thanks washu. happy.gif
Kylemakk
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Dec 4 2008, 08:39 AM) *
The series isn't continuing from where it left off, it's starting over again.

Seriously? Where'd you see that? And I was a big fan of the art in the anime and hopefully it will be more of the same. I can't imagine them completely screwing the artwork up since it's a hot property, but you never know. happy.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE (Kylemakk @ Dec 4 2008, 08:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Dec 4 2008, 08:39 AM) *
The series isn't continuing from where it left off, it's starting over again.

Seriously? Where'd you see that?

It's a manga adaption.
Omamori
A new art style would be great!

The old one irked me a bit, but I did like the artwork for the movie.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
either way at the end i hope that this new season is going to be the best one yet. happy.gif
Aureinne
I like the old art because it suits Hagaren's genre, though I won't mind some little changes...
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
little changes would be nice but not a whole lot.
Kryanka
The poster for season 2 shows Ed and Al with nice ligting, but it's probably just for the poster.
Little Washu
As far as I can see from the poster and the teaser, all that's different is that Ed and Roy gained some weight, and Roy's eyes have been stretched to the far ends of his face...
Maphisto40
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Dec 26 2008, 05:17 PM) *
As far as I can see from the poster and the teaser, all that's different is that Ed and Roy gained some weight, and Roy's eyes have been stretched to the far ends of his face...

Well Roy is getting pretty chubby in the manga lol, but yeah those eyes.......I hope that's not the final design for him.

Ed was way too skinny (I will NOT say small) in the first anime, so I see this as an improvement! tongue.gif
crazyanimefan
I do like the old animation style, but I'm open to some changes.
Artixte
Just looks like their cheeks got chubbier, it's cute smile.gif
lunneth
im still unhappy that yoshiyuki ito isn't doing the design for the series
Popogeejo
Isn't that just nit-picking?

Why are people so concerned with change? Can't we just let this new series do its own thing and not complain when it doesn't copy it's predecessor?
Artixte
I'm just hoping they stick with a well made plot like the original season of FMA. I'm more concerned with the plot than the art really, and I'm looking forward to it! (Shouldn't get my hopes up too high tongue.gif)
Popogeejo
a well made plot like the original season of FMA.

Maphisto40
QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Dec 27 2008, 11:12 AM) *
a well made plot like the original season of FMA.

LOL.... Yeah...there's a well-made plot all right. Someone must not have read the manga... tongue.gif
crazyanimefan
QUOTE (Artixte @ Dec 27 2008, 12:52 PM) *
I'm just hoping they stick with a well made plot like the original season of FMA. I'm more concerned with the plot than the art really, and I'm looking forward to it! (Shouldn't get my hopes up too high tongue.gif)

Oh, there will definitely be a well made plot in the second season. Most definitely. The manga is pretty much amazing.
Kryanka
Four-ded. Plot of the new series is not something I'm worried about smile.gif
Maphisto40
Ok, I just started watching the Juushin Enbu (Hero Tales) anime, which follows Arakawa-sensei's art style almost exactly! If the new FMA anime is anything like that, I will be ecstatic. biggrin.gif
Little Washu
I really wanna see Olivier Armstrong in anime form. (And the Xingians of course)
Blysse
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Dec 28 2008, 04:26 PM) *
I really wanna see Olivier Armstrong in anime form. (And the Xingians of course)

Me, too. I can't wait to see her! And Pride, too! Ohhhh, can't wait to see that little kid as a Homunculus. Way cooler than the Fuhrer as Pride, methinks.
lunneth
QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Dec 27 2008, 12:22 PM) *
Isn't that just nit-picking?

Why are people so concerned with change? Can't we just let this new series do its own thing and not complain when it doesn't copy it's predecessor?

actually you are right. it could b a change for the better
Artixte
Eh? I read the manga and of course it's interesting, but it doesn't mean I didn't like the story plot to the anime series just as much mellow.gif Plus, I'm not even entirely sure if they're gonna base the second series off the manga.. It could be just something else.
Blysse
QUOTE (Artixte @ Dec 30 2008, 10:54 PM) *
Eh? I read the manga and of course it's interesting, but it doesn't mean I didn't like the story plot to the anime series just as much mellow.gif Plus, I'm not even entirely sure if they're gonna base the second series off the manga.. It could be just something else.

"It could be just something else"--as in, like, a whole 'nother story-line?

God effing help us if they do. T_T I'm open for anything but that, man. Just... no. For me, that would ruin it. End of. >_>
Artixte
It could be a spinoff, you know. Like some telling of other stories of what happened during those years traveling and looking for the Philosopher's stone.
Blysse
It could be a spinoff, you know. Like some telling of other stories of what happened during those years traveling and looking for the Philosopher's stone.

See that wouldn't be so bad. I wouldn't be thrilled about it, but it'd be bearable. But them just doing a whole new story... eugh. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth, man. As someone else said in another thread, "Well-funded fanart**"...

**(Not that I have anything against the original anime series! I love it, man. And I understand why they did what they did.)
Artixte
Besides, if they just stuck with the manga entirely, some of the manga fans might drop out on it and just watch the anime for it. If they're gonna base some stuff off of the manga, then they'll probably just change a few things here and there. I'd love to see Ling (I don't like the 'Lin' thing they stuck with when they published his name in the actual american publication) animated >:D
Blysse
Eh, I don't want to see that many changes from the manga. The first few episodes of the original anime differed from the manga, and even those little discrepancies bothered me. (Read: Blysse also freaked out while watching every Harry Potter movie, yelling out loud every line of dialog they messed up, verbatim. >_>; ) I know I'll still keep reading the manga, even if the new anime series copies it to a 'T'. *Shrug*
Artixte
lol, I did practically the same thing when i watched the Twilight movie (sorry if anyone is sick of hearing the title/anything that has to deal with it) Anyways - off topic-, they should have a new trailer out for it soon, hopefully it'll be longer so we can get a clearer idea of what the overall animation for the show would be like.
Blysse
Yeah. The information (or lack thereof D< ) that they've been giving us has really been... well, not all that informative, eh? Yes, we've seen some pictures, and they said a few words. But it really told us nothing. The only thing that I think we know for sure, is it's not a continuation from CoS or the original anime.

*Sob.* I was so hoping for it to follow up after CoS. =/
Artixte
Yeah, and it would be interesting to see how they ended up from Germany to Japan by the year 2005 in our world too, looking at the Kids OAV. And one question just keeps wandering my mind - what happened over the years to them in our world? Yeah'll it'll be like fillers and stuff, but if the anime series is something I love, I wouldn't mind the fillers.
Blysse
I haven't seen the OAVs. T_T
Artixte
Wha? Go on youtube, I'm pretty sure the OAVS are in there. The chibi one is hilarious, and the live action is amusing, the state Alchemists vs Homunculi makes you feel like you're in the anime, the Kids OAV is very cute and somewhat depressing, so I recommend it!
Blysse
Eh, I know they're on YouTube. I don't know why, but I've never really felt the urge to watch them. *Shrug* Might go do it. Might not.
Artixte
Eh, well that's your decision, I'm just recommending smile.gif I wonder how many episodes they'll have in the 2nd series...
Kryanka
QUOTE (Blysse @ Dec 31 2008, 09:32 AM) *
Eh, I know they're on YouTube. I don't know why, but I've never really felt the urge to watch them. *Shrug* Might go do it. Might not.

Yeah, me too.

I love the pic in your signature, especially the seal on Al's neck! Where is it from?
Blysse
QUOTE (Kryanka @ Jan 3 2009, 10:20 AM) *
QUOTE (Blysse @ Dec 31 2008, 09:32 AM) *

Yeah, me too.

I love the pic in your signature, especially the seal on Al's neck! Where is it from?

It's from a piece of fanart on dA.

http://aileine.deviantart.com/art/FMA-Aru-Elric-24820741

Eh, well that's your decision, I'm just recommending

XD I caved and watched them. I squeed so hard at chibi Envy. I think I busted a vocal cord!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.