Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Samurai Deeper Kyo
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Yukari Aizawa
Samurai Deeper Kyo (サムライ ディーパー キョウ Samurai Dīpā Kyō?) Directed by Junji Nishimura, original run from July 2, 2002 December 23, 2002.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: In the year 1600, during the battle of Sekigahara, warriors Kyoshiro Mibu and "Demon Eyes" Kyo - the legendary slayer of a thousand men - engaged in fierce combat. Both men disappeared when a meteor crashed in the battlegrounds. Four years later, Kyoshiro is spotted on a rural highway, acting as a traveling medicine salesman. He is captured by the female bounty hunter Yuya Shiina when she discovers that deep inside him is the dormant personality of "Demon Eyes" Kyo himself.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, supernatural
Themes: historical, samurai
Episodes: 26
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

----------------------------

I had just finished the series. And I say, I liked the anime a lot. However I did not get a hold of the manga to read (that was in English anyway) but I want to somehow. Until then, there is the anime.

Has anyone watched/read the series? Did you like it?
That One Dude
I've watched it, and I liked it quite a bit. It had a terrible english dub, but it was one of my first animes, and the plot was actually pretty interesting, even though it consisted of the classic 'evil person wants to take over the world, cocky bastard with annoying hot chick has to stop him' type. I liked it, I wouldn't have started watching anime more regularly otherwise.
alchemist of the blue sky
I also like this anime. It just kept getting interesting. And a little odd toward the end. My favorite charater in this is Shiina Yuya.
ashiro
I'd have to agree. The ending was a little odd, but overall it was a good anime. I liked it a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.