Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA-1 Vs. FMA:Brotherhood Discussion: Comaparing FMA-1 anime series vs FMA:Brotherhood
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
alphonse-fma
Which do you like better? FMA-1or FMA:Brotherhood?
Strength/weakness of each series?
How they compare in your opinion?
Post and let us know how you think! smile.gif
Amaya Hawkeye
I would be happy either way, but there are some scenes in the manga I would love to see in an anime. For example, chapters 37/38
Popogeejo
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the poll choices or opening post?
Edamame
QUOTE(#1 Risembool Ranger @ Sep 10 2008, 10:33 AM) *
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the poll choices or opening post?

I'm a little confused there myself to say the least. I think that what the point of the thread is getting at is whether you think that the new FMA series which will be based off manga will be better than the old anime that diverted from the manga in the second season. At least that's what I'm making of it. huh.gif

~ Heh heh, your signature is made of win.
The Mad Bomber
Yeah a bit confusing, someone ought to straighten that out, but anyway I`d prefer the manga adaption considering that it`s good enough to be seen as an anime and despite knowing the plot in advance I would watch every second of it.
asunder
fixed it ...or I just made it more convoluted. your pick!
Popogeejo
More convulsed. I thought this was some silly Anime vs. Manga argument that Tombow reccomended.
RavenHair
QUOTE(#1 Risembool Ranger @ Sep 10 2008, 04:19 PM) *
More convulsed. I thought this was some silly Anime vs. Manga argument that Tombow reccomended.

I don't know I'm kinda torn on this topic. I loved the first anime. That is actually how I became a fan of FMA. The only thing out of the whole anime I didn't like was how it ended and how the movie ended slightly. I just wished that Ed and Al could of stayed in their own world. Other then that I enjoyed it. And I love the manga so I'm sure I will enjoy the manga based anime as well. Like some others have said. There is a few chapters I will love to see animated. And plus some of the manga based characters as well. For right now I think I'm 50/50 on this one.
lunneth
all right before you jump into conclusionson what series 2 will be about just think bones may not have the money so that looks slightly unlikely but hiromu hasnt ended the series yet so that means that there wont be any original material so we dont have anything to work off. just sit tight for news next year. we wont have to wait long. on top off other things we dont even know if in the new series ed and al will return to shamballa. anywho im glad i submitted this tongue.gif
alphonse-fma
saya nunggu anime season 2 keluar sambil ngumpulin duwit tongue.gif harus irit uang dari sekarang

I Just waiting for the season 2 and look inside my wallet ( oh is empty ) tongue.gif I must save my money from now
Naivete
just think bones may not have the money

I highly doubt such a big company like BONES would lack sufficient funds to develop a new anime...

hiromu hasnt ended the series yet so that means that there wont be any original material so we dont have anything to work off.

Manga's bound to end soon (I'd give it half a year max), and in the meantime, BONES can occupy themselves with the first few parts of the manga. Not like there isn't much of it.
Popogeejo
bones may not have the money

What stupid nonsense is this? Why do you think they'd not be able to make another show considering they have at least two airing right now.

hiromu hasnt ended the series yet so that means that there wont be any original material so we dont have anything to work off.

That has never stopped anything. As the person above me said they have plenty of buffer zone with 80 chapters plus they can always pull out filler.

on top off other things we dont even know if in the new series ed and al will return to shamballa.

What kind of idiot point is that? If the new series follows the manga then Shamballa doesn't rule into thingsand if follows the movie then odds are the series would be ABOUT them getting back. (Also: their world isn't called Shamballa, that's just what the Nazi lady thought.)

anywho im glad i submitted this

No one else is.
Elphaba
I don't think the new series will discredit the first one in any way; I will always have soft-spot for FMA as it was the first series I really fell in love with, and it was through the anime. However, there have been WAY too many times to count in the manga when I literally mourn the fact they went in a different direction (Volume 12.....Havoc......Ling......the Briggs.......OLIVIER ARMSTRONG.)

And now the fact that we are probably going to see these FANTASTIC plot points come to life makes me happier than anything!
edxwinryfan
I think that the anime is much more interesting then the manga in my opinion. The anime only had a couple of boring episodes (25&37) in my opinion, but the manga has much more boring chapters, I don't like it when they go away from Ed and Al and do a whole chapter(or a whole episode) or more on other characters such as Mustang(also i really hated when they had like a whole chapter about Armstrong's sister, i don't care about her <_< ), i would rather see Ed, Al and Winry they are the best characters in my opinion (I especially LOVE EdxWinry) . So i hope there aren't alot of boring episodes in the new season.Oh, one thing(there is a few more too) i like about the manga is that it has more EdxWin :wub:
lunneth
well hopefully we will see edxwin in the series which would be awsome. on other topics just think thats all im sayin but i dont think that eckhart was just calling it that. besides all this ithink that its not going to be a remake. (im just repeting my self now)
edo little kid
well hopefully we will see Roy x Ed !!!

happy.gif_^_^_^_^_^_^ hehehe
alphonse-fma
I prefer EdXWin He he
AA battery
Chapter 53 in manga >>>>> Everything else. So my vote goes to manga adaptation anime...

And well, imo anime has a lot more Roy/Ed hints compared to manga... probably a bad news for the Roy/Ed fans, but a good news to the non-Roy/Ed fans...
qaghou
To be serious on this subject, I don't understand why they do a second anime. They finished the first one correctly same if the end of the movie is shameful. And the biggest question is : HOW CAN THEY DO THAT ?? It's clearly finish it ! So why ?? In the manga version, they have so much more characters than the anime and some of the anime, in the manga, are dead. They will not be able to make sence with the basic storyline. It will be all upside down ! dry.gif
I'm so disapointed about the new...
Cardboard Box Junkie
Use your brain. It's a completely new series, most likely following the manga storyline. It isn't going to follow on from the original anime series. It'll make perfect sense because it will go right from the beginning to the end. Simple.
ehxhfdl14
Wow, the atmosphere is charged on this side of the fence ._.

To be on-topic though, I don't really have an opinion on this yet. The information on FMA anime season 2 is just too vague to form a cohesive opinion right now (for me, that is).
Although there were some points I disliked in the first anime, I did like the thing as a whole. On the other hand, a mangabased adaptation sounds very interesting... I think I'll just wait and see, myself. ^-^;;
Trifone
*Gasp!
What if they change the animation style.... i like the first series style.
And voice actors will hopefully be the same.
Makai Alexa
The first adaptation is excellent, from the beginning to the end, but the New series (that one that it was announced on chapter 87 in the manga), will give all FMA fans what they need: the emotions of watching the characters that imprinted to the drama a sweet scent, characters like Ling, Olivier Armstrong, and more.
xiaopeapod
I am very much looking forward to the new series. I fell in love with FMA through the anime first then I went on to read the manga because I simply can't get enough of it...I love both, but I've got to say that I love the manga most. There are just too many wonderful aspects of the manga (i.e. storyline, characters, and ED/WINRY!) that I simply love. I always regreted that those aspects aren't in the original anime, but now that they are doing this over, I couldn't be happier. tongue.gif
Daydreamer_Alchemist
I think that the new serie is going to be allot better then the old anime.
I mean is manga based! Can't be better then that!
FailToImpress
I can't really say whether I'll like the first series or the second better... Since no-one has seen the second series yet. :/
You can't make judgements about something you haven't even seen, even if it's going to be based on the manga you don't know how it will turn out.

Ask me later wink.gif
Kylemakk
QUOTE (Cardboard Box Junkie @ Sep 24 2008, 11:49 PM) *
Use your brain. It's a completely new series, most likely following the manga storyline. It isn't going to follow on from the original anime series. It'll make perfect sense because it will go right from the beginning to the end. Simple.

I'd just like to know where this absolute information is coming from. Seriously. I haven't seen any news stating exactly what this new series will be. If you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. wink.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE (first guy)
most likely

QUOTE (Kylemakk)
absolute information

The guy made no absolute statement. You're making yourself look stupid and arrogant though, buddy. :sarcasticwink:
Kylemakk
Uh, ok...yeah...let's try this again...

If you have any information about the content of this new season, would you mind sharing? And the "Use you brain." part of the statement lead me to believe that the poster knew this information and the previous poster should have as well. I'm not pretending to have read every post on this forum yet, but I just wanted to know where to find it.

My post seemed pretty straight forward, but I'm more than happy to ask again. Any information on the topic is great! I'll be checking out the rest of the forums soon enough to find out more. Again, any kind soul that can point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. biggrin.gif

I find it ironic that you of all people are telling me I'm coming off arrogant and stupid. (Which, to everyone, I apologize. That was not my intention) I've only read a handful of posts around here, but I would've thought to receive a pm from you with a "Welcome my brother!" subject line.

If I've misunderstood your posts/replies so far, then I apologize since I don't know you. I'm sure you're more than aware that am not the only one.

/end e-drama

Now, bring on the new season! Good times! :sarcastic thumbs up:
Emily_BrokenAngel
Umh I cant vote yet...really...

I love the Season I but the final chapter ruined everything T.T and the movie was good but it didnīt help very much...

Im reading the manga, just starting to read it so I canīt say nothing about season II but watching images from hte manga... I can figure out what will happen...

Im just happy that FMA will continue!! X33
Good news for my pasionated heart of steel xD
Pipsqueaked
forgetting something guys?

the very fact that it didnt follow the manga to the letter is what made this anime so good, they ironed out the creases and left you with the best anime of all time imo.

now as for hagane 2 i hope it isnt a mediocre attempt at a series like naruto were constantly changing artists fillers and so on just ruin it and make it die a humiliating death. that happens when they follow a script that seems to last forever........
Dearheart
Both me and my mom (whom I successfully converted to FMA fan! Go me!! biggrin.gif) think it's not very smart, doing a remake of the series so quickly. The first one was so top-notch in quality (and yes I KNOW they "didn't follow the manga", but it was still amazingly brilliant for an anime. So shut up). tongue.gif I don't see how they'll be able to equal it, let alone surpass it. It's like someone coming along and saying "Hey! Let's do a remake of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, since he cut out some characters and didn't follow the books exactly!" Okay I know, lousy comparison...but do you see what I'm getting at?

The first show was so amazing in every aspect; artwork, character development, music, voice acting...even the American dubs were good! Do you realize how rare that is??! (And no, I'm not just saying that because of Vic Mignogna. So don't even go there.)

Part of me is just as excited as the rest of you. (A new FMA, this time with manga goodness!! YES!!!) But the other part of me has a very pessimistic feeling and a lot of doubts. (A new FMA. This is crazy. There's no way they can top the first series.)

Will they raise or lower the quality bar in their FMA remake? I guess only time will tell... *DUN DUN DUUUUUNN...*

(And Pipsqueaked, I totally agree with you.) smile.gif
Popogeejo
the very fact that it didnt follow the manga to the letter is what made this anime so good, they ironed out the creases and left you with the best anime of all time imo.

The entire plot of the manga was a "crease"?
They didn't iron out anything, they just knew they were going to over take the anime and decided to make up their own plot. It was essentially well funded fanfiction.
I do have to commend your boldness though. Saying that the original work was to bad to be made into an anime is quite a thing to say.

I don't see how they'll be able to equal it, let alone surpass it.

Watch better shows. If you can't see any way for people to do better than the FMA anime then clearly you have seen very little in the way of TV shows, movies and basically any form of entertainment. Hell, read the manga. It's far better written than the anime it terms of plot and consistency.

It's like someone coming along and saying "Hey! Let's do a remake of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, since he cut out some characters and didn't follow the books exactly!" Okay I know, lousy comparison...but do you see what I'm getting at?

That's not what people are saying though. They didn't "cut out some characters" they cut out the whole plot of the manga.
It's not "they didn't follow it exactly" but that they didn't follow it at all.

Do you realize how rare that is?

Really not that rare. If you think it is then you clearly have no idea how much good anime is out there. It's solid, I'll give it that, but it's not all that rare.
Dearheart
The entire plot of the manga was a "crease"?
They didn't iron out anything, they just knew they were going to over take the anime and decided to make up their own plot. It was essentially well funded fanfiction.
I do have to commend your boldness though. Saying that the original work was to bad to be made into an anime is quite a thing to say.

I don't think that's what Pipsqueaked meant. He (or she) wasn't saying that the manga is horrible and needed an extreme makeover or anything; he was trying to say that they smoothed the manga's "wrinkles" out a bit. (And Pipsqueaked, sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth! Forgive me if I'm wrong; I'm just guessing here.) Every story, book or manga, has at least a few wrinkles; and FMA is no exception.

Really not that rare. If you think it is then you clearly have no idea how much good anime is out there. It's solid, I'll give it that, but it's not all that rare.

Watch better shows. If you can't see any way for people to do better than the FMA anime then clearly you have seen very little in the way of TV shows, movies and basically any form of entertainment. Hell, read the manga. It's far better written than the anime it terms of plot and consistency.

I meant as far as the anime genre goes. And with the exception of Ghost in a Shell and FMA, most of the animes I've seen have been either waaaaay too dark/creepy or plain cheesy/gawdawful; so forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. If you could rattle off any other good-quality animes for me, I'd really appreciate it! (It'd save me the trouble of looking for them, hehe.) biggrin.gif

I actually started reading the manga a few weeks ago (I'm almost caught up) and you're right; once you get into it, it's amazing. A bit confusing and cluttered to read at first, as I've never read manga before (and excuse me for my lack of manga/anime experience), but still really good. However, there are places that drag a bit and lose my interest; places that are sort of...rough. Uneven. (Again, these are issues every story deals with, so please don't bite my head off for saying this.) tongue.gif One of the things I appreciated so much about the anime version was that there were almost no episodes like that. The pacing was smooth, the various strands of the story were deftly interwoven (even if it was just "well-funded fan fiction") and the intrigue never faded for me. I'd say the only place where it weakened a lot was towards the end of the series...but I think we can all agree on that. wink.gif

As someone who first watched the anime and THEN read the manga, I can honestly say now that I appreciate both of them equally...but in different ways. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and I personally think they rather compliment each other. The anime did a wonderful job of portraying the brotherly dynamics between Ed and Al, as well as giving depth and intrigue to some of the otherwise two-dimensional villians...whereas the manga has a more solid plot and does a good job of developing most of the good guys (and WINRY! I like her SO MUCH BETTER in the manga! And there lots of lovely EdWin hints scattered throughout, too! I love it! *snugs EdWin*) biggrin.gif

However, I can definitely sympathize with those of you who like the manga better. I do know what it's like to love a book for a long time, and then it gets made into a movie and you hardly recognize it anymore. sad.gif It's downright frustrating. So I can understand why all you manga fans are eager to see the new version. (And gah, I'm sounding like Sheska...)

Again, I just hope it'll be as amazing as my first FMA experience.
Cece
QUOTE (Dearheart @ Nov 29 2008, 09:33 PM) *
I meant as far as the anime genre goes. And with the exception of Ghost in a Shell and FMA, most of the animes I've seen have been either waaaaay too dark/creepy or plain cheesy/gawdawful; so forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. If you could rattle off any other good-quality animes for me, I'd really appreciate it! (It'd save me the trouble of looking for them, hehe.) biggrin.gif

Yeah you're right it is hard to find a good series like Fullmetal Alchemist. I read Naruto and recently it got boring because my favorite character (Sakura) hasn't shown up for a while. She hasn't been active either and while women are strong they're not as strong as the men. Sorry I got off topic.

One of the things I appreciated so much about the anime version was that there were almost no episodes like that. The pacing was smooth, the various strands of the story were deftly interwoven (even if it was just "well-funded fan fiction") and the intrigue never faded for me. I'd say the only place where it weakened a lot was towards the end of the series...but I think we can all agree on that. wink.gif

The episode 4 and fillers episodes bothered because they were boring to me. The last few episodes in the anime bothered even more because Rose was turned into a Mary-Sue little victim and suddenly became important. plus Ed topping to dance with Rose before a huge battle? Are you serious? That kinda never made any sense to me and it's not really Ed-like to me at least.

Kryanka
*joining the board and joining the "season-2-will-be-better" team*

Anime is what made me a fan of FMA, but now I've read manga I love it much more than anime. Anime was awesome, and will stay awesome and some will prefer it over season 2, but I can't see why we should be worried about it. The manga material is what makes it awesome, not fillers, and if you think about some of the fillers... they were weird (some were good, I admit).

Anyway, Anime!Wrath was cool, but Manga!Selim was not bad either. And in the creepy children department Al's wasted body prisoned in the gate owns everything. Imagine FMA without pityparty Rose and her weird plot point Rosemary baby. Or give me pure awesomeness Greedling instead of last-minute villain in reused body Dante anytime. I prefer Hohenheim as slave in long-lost Xerxes than Hohenheim-Dante's lover. Envy being Ed and Al's brother was eww. I like Roy with war-criminal past and fighting the whole headquarters with couple men over Roy-murderer of Winry's parents, with emo eyepatch. Alchemy's connection to our world was off too.

And most of all - the Elrics. In the anime Ed grew to become emo (great pair with Rose indeed) and almost femine in the movie. Manga!Ed grew talled, calmer, wiser and much more badass. As a huge Al fan I'd love to see his body in the gate, sad and creepy at the same time. And I hope they'd follow manga style of drawing Al, which is with golden eyes and hair, like Ed's.

[/end rant]
FMAobsessed
I think that the first FMA anime series was amazing. It was one of the first anime series that I really got into, so it will always have a special place in my heart. Also because there was only like 3 volumes of the manga (I believe) that were out, the staff of the first series decided to write their own story instead of waiting for the manga to catch up. I personally think that this was a good idea. Or else we would have ended up with FMA fillers such as Ed and Al find the philosopher's stone but it was fake over and over again. It would get tiring.

Although I love the first anime. I am excited for this new series. After all the manga is Arakawa's original work and the original way that she intended the story to go.
Dearheart
FMA was one of my first anime series too, so ditto to that. smile.gif

And good point. Very good point. After all, if the manga only had x many number of chapters out at the time, can we really blame the anime people for going the way they did? Considering the limited amount of material they had to work with, I think they did rather well.

And most of all - the Elrics. In the anime Ed grew to become emo (great pair with Rose indeed) and almost femine in the movie. Manga!Ed grew talled, calmer, wiser and much more badass. As a huge Al fan I'd love to see his body in the gate, sad and creepy at the same time. And I hope they'd follow manga style of drawing Al, which is with golden eyes and hair, like Ed's.

That's something I can definitely agree with, Kryanka. Manga!Ed gets awesomer as he grows older (and possibly taller, heehee). biggrin.gif I personally liked Al with gray eyes, though. "One is silver and the other gold..." wink.gif (Stupid reason, I know.) And gosh, that whole "holy mother" thing with Rose and the baby was so weird...I never completely understood it.
Masked Man
If there's anything that might prevent me from loving this second season, it's that Lust and Sloth are nowhere near as compelling in the manga as they are in the anime. (In fact, the latter is wholly different.)
Dearheart
Ditto to that. The villians had a lot more depth and intrigue to them in the anime. Though Father in the manga is pretty darn creepy, lol. (Dante was nowhere NEAR as deliciously evil as him.) biggrin.gif I'm sad they cut him out of the first series.
Kryanka
QUOTE (Dearheart @ Dec 9 2008, 04:20 AM) *
That's something I can definitely agree with, Kryanka. Manga!Ed gets awesomer as he grows older (and possibly taller, heehee). biggrin.gif I personally liked Al with gray eyes, though. "One is silver and the other gold..." wink.gif (Stupid reason, I know.)

For me, it's kind of unfair that Ed has that awesome hair and eye color and Al's are grey-ish dirty green. Besides, I like to think that Xerxenians had golden hair and eyes like Ishvalans have red eyes and dark skin. It'd be awesome if Hoho, Ed and Al were carrying the gene biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Dearheart @ Dec 13 2008, 07:12 PM) *
Ditto to that. The villians had a lot more depth and intrigue to them in the anime. Though Father in the manga is pretty darn creepy, lol. (Dante was nowhere NEAR as deliciously evil as him.) biggrin.gif I'm sad they cut him out of the first series.

Dante was curious, lol.

EDIT:
Anyone knows why it's written "curious" when I write "r a n d o m"?
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
well as for me all i have to say is that i hope that this new season that is coming soon will be as cool as the first one. biggrin.gif
Popogeejo

Word filter.
People say random far to much and much like "epic" and "awesome" it's lost all meaning.
Widen your vocabulary.
Dearheart
For me, it's kind of unfair that Ed has that awesome hair and eye color and Al's are grey-ish dirty green.

I wouldn't call his eyes a "grey-ish dirty green"...they were more of a calm, down-to-earth kind of grey like their mom's; gentle and kind, just like he is. biggrin.gif And they contrasted nicely against his brother's mysterious, intense, fiery ones. (But again, that's just me...and I've always loved grey eyes ANYWAY, so maybe I'm a bit biased.) innocent.gif
Kryanka
QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Dec 13 2008, 08:59 PM) *

Word filter.
People say random far to much and much like "epic" and "awesome" it's lost all meaning.
Widen your vocabulary.

I do need more english classes. dry.gif Interesting way to educate forum members though, does it help?

QUOTE (Dearheart @ Dec 13 2008, 09:29 PM) *
For me, it's kind of unfair that Ed has that awesome hair and eye color and Al's are grey-ish dirty green.

I wouldn't call his eyes a "grey-ish dirty green"...they were more of a calm, down-to-earth kind of grey like their mom's; gentle and kind, just like he is. biggrin.gif And they contrasted nicely against his brother's mysterious, intense, fiery ones. (But again, that's just me...and I've always loved grey eyes ANYWAY, so maybe I'm a bit biased.) innocent.gif

That's how I interpreted it when I was watching the anime. And then I thought: wow, that's stereotypical. Now I'd love to see intense, fiery eyes on both brothers and enjoy them being so different only when you get to know them more (like, a second longer).
Plus, nothing on grey/green eyes, but golden are cooler, because the don't exist in reality. Also, they show that Ed and Al are Hoho's kids, and Al is talented alchemist too! (not to mention much better at martial arts)
Maphisto40
QUOTE (Dearheart @ Nov 29 2008, 04:33 PM) *
Both me and my mom (whom I successfully converted to FMA fan! Go me!! biggrin.gif) think it's not very smart, doing a remake of the series so quickly.

Yay, I converted my mother too (she's 61)! She saw part of the anime at my house, and liked the concept. Then I told her how much better the manga was, and got her started on her very first manga. Lol, I had to teach her how to read right-to-left, and had to explain the few Japanese culture references, but she's on her way now, and really enjoying it. I email her the new chapters every month.

On topic: I have great appreciation for the anime, and think it was very well done, but it doesn't hold a candle to the manga in my eyes. I am ridiculously excited for this new series. I have a whole host of scenes I can't wait to see animated, not to mention manga-only characters like Ling, Mei, and Olivier. As long as they don't screw up the Ed and Winry relationship like they did in the first anime, I will be quite happy! biggrin.gif
Sannom
Actually, beside the absolutely new material from the manga, I can' wait to see the Rush Valey part redone in anime. In the first anime, they butchered Winry, they butchered Paninya, they butchered Dominique. They butchered almost everything in that part, actually. So yeah I want it redone laugh.gif
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
QUOTE (Sannom @ Dec 15 2008, 05:48 PM) *
Actually, beside the absolutely new material from the manga, I can' wait to see the Rush Valey part redone in anime. In the first anime, they butchered Winry, they butchered Paninya, they butchered Dominique. They butchered almost everything in that part, actually. So yeah I want it redone laugh.gif

ya that is true, but besides that....... that was pretty good. (in point of view)
Pipsqueaked
popo dont put words in my mouth.

i have not read the manga or do i intetend to at this time.

as you do, i watched the anime and i loved everything about it especially the tear jerkers, which to be fair there are alot of damn its such a disturbing and brutal journey. the characters were delightful especially armstrong. he made me chuckle.

well of course im scepticle, the best god damn anime of all time. to me lots of ways to follow on and the way they have chosen is a taboo against the original first season.

well guys all i can say is i hope its the very best because thats all fma deserves.

good luck to us all XXXxxXXX

oh and have a merry christmas
Popogeejo
Okay, see the "reply" button under each post? If you want to reply to a certain post click that. Quoting people makes it far easier for people to understand what you're trying to say.

popo dont put words in my mouth.

i have not read the manga or do i intetend to at this time.

Admittedly I blatantly misinterpreted you but still, you have essentially said the manga that wasn't adapted was omitted because it was a "crease" and you say this without, apparently, havibng read the manga which makes your argument rather worthless.
It's fine that you don't want to read the manga for whatever reason but if you are going to do that then it's silly of you (and I'm being polite here) to say the manga material was left out because of some flaw.
The simple fact is that the anime went a different way from the manga because Bones realised they would over take the manga so set up their own plot early on but didn't really jump into it until the second half of the show when they left the manga behind. Nothing to do with the quality of writing.

well of course im scepticle, the best god damn anime of all time. to me lots of ways to follow on and the way they have chosen is a taboo against the original first season.

Jesus...
I mean really, good Christ.
I'll ignore the "best anime evar" thing, people are to their opinions, but saying that you consider talking about another series "taboo" takes us right into Crazytown. If you really feel that way (and I hope not because Sweet Jesus is that worrying) then that's your problem and not mine or anybody else's. If you consider it so taboo then read other parts of the forum and leave this section alone. It's clearly of no interest to you.
Also, if FMA is really that important to you then shouldn't you give the manga a try to see what the original story was intended to be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.