Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA 2's Pairings
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Little Washu
It occurred to me that there are more differences in the manga and anime rather than plot. Such as Ed and Winry, and how the pairing of the two seems more imminent in the manga. So! Besides EdWin, I think their are a few others...care to share?
Tris the Reaper
Al x Mei, anyone?

Anyone?
Tombow
Ling and RanFan!! Sure thing.. ^^
Speedo
Lust x Scar has got to happen otherwise I`ll kill the directors.....XD biggrin.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Speedo @ Aug 26 2008, 08:37 AM) *
Lust x Scar has got to happen otherwise I`ll kill the directors.....XD biggrin.gif

Best get you hopes ready to be dashed then, they have no relationship in the manga.

The three T's ideas above are pretty cool though.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 25 2008, 04:48 PM) *
...pairing of the two seems more imminent in the manga.

Do you mean prominent? huh.gif

I'm liking AlxMei.

And who else is excited to see Olivia Armstrong animated?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Aug 26 2008, 10:31 AM) *

A tall blonde, busty tsundere? I can't see any fanboys caring for her.
Winter Phantom
I would like to see AlxMei and LingxLanfan.

Those are the couples I'm cheering for,after EdxWinry.
Petra
AlxMei and LingxLanfan of course! <3
And yes, I am excited to see Olivia Armstrong animated as well as Ling...and Mei...ye-p...can't wait ^^
Toby-Chan
A tall blonde, busty tsundere? I can't see any fanboys caring for her.

Tsundere? Armstrong? I see plenty of Tsun, but no Dere. (Except for that fake bit with Raven)

Although, the probability of her being turned into a weeping big-eyed sex kitten in a schoolgirl outfit who wants nothing more than to make mouth party over Roy in various doujinshi is very high. Fsking doujinshi... dry.gif
Speedo
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 26 2008, 09:59 AM) *
QUOTE(Speedo @ Aug 26 2008, 08:37 AM) *

Best get you hopes ready to be dashed then, they have no relationship in the manga.

The three T's ideas above are pretty cool though.

well I am hoping they`ll do a manga/anime mix up thingy actually, in that case it could be possible for them to be together

Mei x Al would be fun to watch, also when Mei thinks Eds a tall handsome knight hehe, lol thats so funny pictured in the manga
edxwinryfan
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 25 2008, 07:48 PM) *
It occurred to me that there are more differences in the manga and anime rather than plot. Such as Ed and Winry, and how the pairing of the two seems more imminent in the manga. So! Besides EdWin, I think their are a few others...care to share?

I really love EdxWin and i really want it to happen int the manga, We know that Winry loves Edward,but we don't know if Ed love Winry. ermm.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Aug 26 2008, 02:31 AM) *
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 25 2008, 04:48 PM) *
...pairing of the two seems more imminent in the manga.

Do you mean prominent? huh.gif

I'm liking AlxMei.

Yeah...prominent...oops.

AlxMei = <3

Olivia Armstrong X Roy Mustang. Yeah.

And then there's the Ling X Lan-fan/Ran-fan.
Edamame
I can definitely see a "puppy-love" relationship form between Al and Mei. I really hope that the director chooses to put in Mei's rather bizarre fantasies of Ed and Alphonse looking like your token anime bishonen. I can also see a possible relationship form between Ling and Ranfan; I hope we learn more about her undying loyalty to Ling. Of course I can see a relationship between Ed and Winry forming- they seem less like brother and sister in the manga in my opinion. I just really want to see Hoenheim and Trisha!
Hmmm, I wonder what this new series will do for fan-fiction and doujinshi pairings. huh.gif
RoyxRizaFan
ALxMEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDxWINRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROY AND RIZA NOT BEING ONE SIDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I is happy... biggrin.gif

Only reason why I didn't mention LinxRanFan is because I'm not entirely sure if they're cannon yet, though I definitely support it!

Hmmm, I wonder what this new series will do for fan-fiction and doujinshi pairings.

RoyxOlivia, that is what. And I obviously won't be reading those... dry.gif
jacksparrow589
Yeah, I'm thinkin' EdxWinry, RoyxRiza, and LingxRanFan, assuming that they all pan out in the end, anyway. *knocks on wood* MeixAl looks pretty likely, too, if only for the comedy element, although I think it could definitely work out. TrishaxHoho is definitely going to be in there, but I think we get to see a little more of that, so that makes me happy. I'm definitely a sucker for the whole "promises" thing, which is, when I look at it, what every single relationship here (Even AlxMei-- Al has to get his body back!) has elements of.
natsu-hime
ROY x RIZA. PERIOD.

i also wanna see lingXranfan. edXwinry and alXmei is ok tongue.gif
Alchemical
EdWin, most definitely. If they ignore any pairings, it had better not be this one. -.-

I can see Royai and LingRanFan, too, and AlMei would by hilarious and adorable at the same time. xD
MidgetinGlasses
AlxMEI, although it's not sure yet if Al likes Mei...I think he thinks of her as more of a little girl, like Nina...but they're too cute together to be ignored.

LingxRan Fan, they'd be perfect together.

EdxWinry and RoyxRiza are both givens. Of course they're going to end up together.

Now, what about PinakoxGrumman?
Saving_Grace
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 26 2008, 01:14 PM) *
Armstrong x Mustang will happen.

Which Armstrong? laugh.gif

I personally think there's a lot of unresolved sexual tension between Alex and Roy. The only problem is getting Alex Armstong to commit. Why does he have to be such a man-whore?

Anyhoo...

I can see EdWin with some Roy/Riza undertones. Al/Mei? One-sided, perhaps. I think Al just sees her as a kid.
Colette
I'd like to see that Winry bath scene with Rose in the other room animated. Maybe with some slight modifications.
CodenameElizabeth
Awwww... AlxMei. Defintiely.
not a full-fledged relationship, but an adolescent puppy-love kind of thing.

I certainly hope that the pairings that seem more "canonical" in the manga (EdWin, RoiAi, Ling/RanFan) will be kept the same in the new anime. The anime (especially the MOVIE...) certainly had it's moments that pandered to the wet-dreams of yaoi fanshippers. (Elricest? Um.... NO.) :/

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 28 2008, 11:42 PM) *
I'd like to see that Winry bath scene with Rose in the other room animated. Maybe with some slight modifications.

ALSO THIS.

I am pumped as hell to see Olivia, Ling, RanFan etc. ANIMOOTED as well.
StormGoddess
I'm expecting LingxRanfan and more RoyxRiza in the series. Please, no OliviaxRoy. sad.gif

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 28 2008, 08:42 PM) *

You just reminded me of Riza's bath scene showing the tattoo on her back. I think I wanna see that, too. biggrin.gif
FailToImpress
^Yeah, it'd be interesting if they brought that whole idea in, about the tattoo, then with Mustang and Hawkeye's past.
Especially since there was nothing like that in the first anime.
AquaPatty
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 28 2008, 10:42 PM) *

hi crtny

Anyways, I just want the typical Ed and Winry and Roy and Riza. I wouldn't mind a cute possibility of Al and Mei either, though.
Sweetdeath04
I hope they bring up the tattoo as well. I think Mustang and Hawkeye's past is a major part of their current relationship so they can't leave it out!

So, I think Ed/Win is practically a given in the series. I hope there's some Al/Mei and I expect some Ling/RanFan.

Kinda hope there's some Olivia/Buccaneer too, but that's just me...

And if there's no Royai I will poke the person responsible with a sharp, pointy stick!
RavenHair
I really want to see Ed/Win this time around. And by the looks of things even if they don't get together by the end at least their relationship will seem alot closer in this anime. Riza/Roy is another one for me although I am really hoping for them to be together by the end. With their past in the manga it really makes me want them to get together even more. I really hope they add their past in this anime as well. Like some have said it's a important part of these two characters. Lin/Ranfan I see potential there and now that she is back on the seen I'm hoping for something. Al/Mei - Al is just adorable and even if it is puppy love I think it would be adorable to see these two together. What can I say I'm just a sap lol.
Chiyo
Regardless of who the couples are, I think romantic relationships will play a more important part. In the first series you were left to debate romances and they didn't make that much of a difference, but I think this series they will.

For instance, if they gave you the impression Mei "might" like Al, would it be as believable her trust in him? Or is that fact she's obviously head over heels realy quite an important fact?
spectator
Want me to say it? Ahem, Royai of course!!!
AA battery
If I say I'm going for EdxAl I'll probably get shot 1000 times, so Roy/Riza and Lin/Ranfun and Mei/Al... pretty much what everyone else said here. lol
Little Fixster
Royai.

That's the only one I really care about.

Though I really hope they include the Edwin scenes.

And I always root for ling/lan fan too, but they're not as important to me.
Allegra
EDWIN EDWIN EDWIN!!!! Also Royai and Ling/Ranfan, whose catchy pairing name I do not know. Mei and Alphonse have a cute puppy love thing that's starting to grow on me too happy.gif But mostly Edwin~ Asside from pairings I am so psyched to see the Xing peeps and the Briggs crew in full color, it's going to be awesome. Plus most every character is 10x more awesome in the manga.
Celeste Nayamashii
QUOTE(Allegra @ Oct 7 2008, 09:19 PM) *
EDWIN EDWIN EDWIN!!!! Also Royai and Ling/Ranfan, whose catchy pairing name I do not know. Mei and Alphonse have a cute puppy love thing that's starting to grow on me too happy.gif But mostly Edwin~ Asside from pairings I am so psyched to see the Xing peeps and the Briggs crew in full color, it's going to be awesome. Plus most every character is 10x more awesome in the manga.

Totally TOTALLY agree!! I'm dying to see the EdxWin, especially the gun scene *sighs* <3 and Ling/RanFan, omg I want to see this pairing soooo badly! (granted the anime IS based off of the manga which I'm hoping and praying with ever fiber of my existence that it is!!!) I also would love to see some cute puppy love between AlxMei. I think they'd make a seriously adorable couple! And of course Royai!
Cece
QUOTE(Allegra @ Oct 7 2008, 06:19 PM) *

Oh my gosh I LOVE your Sig it's soooo cute.
Sannom
AlxMEI, although it's not sure yet if Al likes Mei...I think he thinks of her as more of a little girl, like Nina...but they're too cute together to be ignored.

Just give a little time to May to grow up and become georgeous tongue.gif If we have a "happy ending" in which they both survive and Al get his body back, I can see May returning to Xing in a hurry, leaving poor Al here. Some years later, he will visit Xing and meet a more grown up version of May, and he will like it laugh.gif

For me, mainly EdWin, I don't really care about the others wink.gif As for what I want to see animated : Barry, Doctor Knox and the second battle between Scar and the brothers biggrin.gif
Allegra
QUOTE(Sannom @ Oct 13 2008, 02:20 PM) *

Just give a little time to May to grow up and become georgeous tongue.gif If we have a "happy ending" in which they both survive and Al get his body back, I can see May returning to Xing in a hurry, leaving poor Al here. Some years later, he will visit Xing and meet a more grown up version of May, and he will like it laugh.gif

For me, mainly EdWin, I don't really care about the others wink.gif As for what I want to see animated : Barry, Doctor Knox and the second battle between Scar and the brothers biggrin.gif

All things I'm looking forwards to! I don't know, at first I thought Mei was a little young but I think that she just looks a lot littler than she really is; I mean she already has some visable cleavage so she can't be much younger than 12 or 13. I'm not sure if Al is 14 or 15 at this point but either way, age really isn't much of an issue.

Like I said, I was kind of "what?" about the couple at first, but it's growing on me. Not going to be heart-broken if they don't actually get together, or they do but break up. I do, however, insist upon EdWin babies <3
Sannom
I'm not sure if Al is 14 or 15 at this point but either way, age really isn't much of an issue.

Age is an issue as long as May is too young (I think she is 11-12 right now), but as soon as she hits 15-16 years old, it will be okay with me laugh.gif
Celeste Nayamashii
QUOTE(Sannom @ Oct 18 2008, 07:44 AM) *
I'm not sure if Al is 14 or 15 at this point but either way, age really isn't much of an issue.

Age is an issue as long as May is too young (I think she is 11-12 right now), but as soon as she hits 15-16 years old, it will be okay with me laugh.gif

I was just recently reading through one of my FMA books and Arakawa said that the brother's birthdays were sometime in the winter, that she'd never actually decided when their birthdays were. So I'm assuming that Ed is now 16 and Al would be 15. I don't think she ever did say how old Mei was, did she?
Cece
QUOTE(Allegra @ Oct 17 2008, 06:22 PM) *
QUOTE(Sannom @ Oct 13 2008, 02:20 PM) *

All things I'm looking forwards to! I don't know, at first I thought Mei was a little young but I think that she just looks a lot littler than she really is; I mean she already has some visable cleavage so she can't be much younger than 12 or 13. I'm not sure if Al is 14 or 15 at this point but either way, age really isn't much of an issue.

Like I said, I was kind of "what?" about the couple at first, but it's growing on me. Not going to be heart-broken if they don't actually get together, or they do but break up. I do, however, insist upon EdWin babies <3

Mei's probably really short like Ed was in the beggining/now if she's 13 and Al's 15 that's not too bad. I'm pretty sure Ed's 16 so Al's probably 15.
Chiyo
I remember Birthdays being mentioned but not them actually happening, but as said one would assume they've had them and its just not been discussed.

I always got the impression Mei was about 12/13 as well so she isn't that far off Al....they'll probably look more compatable when Al is a little less metallic.
RoyxRizaFan
Because *at the moment* Al is sooo much taller than her, and he is more mature, people are often like, "NO, she is WAAAAY too young" but they're no more than 2 years apart, most likely. I mean, she can't be too young. She travled across that deadly desert all by herself, not including the loveable Xiao Mei. . I think they'd be great together, and Mei will probably FLIP when she sees Al's human form (see? I don't say IF i say WHEN...I have hope for our Al!)...Even though he's in rough condition at the moment...she can help nurse him back to help LOL *is in her own world*
Sannom
Not too young for him, just plain "too young" laugh.gif Let her his fifteen at least wink.gif She still seems a little bit childish in her affection for him.

But we know this pairing will happen, because we know that anyone who would like to have May would have to get the approval of Xiao Mei, and I think Al already has that biggrin.gif
Artixte
I think they'd be great together, and Mei will probably FLIP when she sees Al's human form

Haha, like how she "flipped" when she saw Edward? I will laugh so hard if that's her reaction. Alphonse is not short or anything, but I'm saying that from the way she envisions Alphonse, its kind of possible she will be a disappointed with the way Alphonse really looks. I'm guessing most likely not though, and besides, they really are only a couple of years apart. Age doesn't matter, and when she's older, it'll look more compatible between May and Alphonse.

I don't think Alphonse likes her in that way exactly..yet. Maybe if she grows up to be a mile bit mature, then they'd be a suitable pair. There's no evidence that Alphonse truly feels that way about her, and well, I really picture the relationship between the two somewhat as a Nina-Alphonse thing. Except, the girl's as dramatic as she is childish tongue.gif Oh, but I think Alphonse makes a great couple with the panda. Cats were a thing of the past, now it's panda-cats >:3 Xiao Mei's such a panda-biter...

Anyhow, I hoping for some Ran Fan/Ling, EdWin the usual, and definitely RoyRiza.
lunneth
to be honest i dont think there will be anywere near as much romance in the series as you might want. to be honest i think that most of these pairings are likely ones but what if its not a manga remake and besides that if it shows any pairing it will be edwin. i cant see much love in royriz because the only slightest glimpse of tragedy forcing much emotion out of riza was in the movie when roy had the air balloon. on top of this if they involved yaoi it would almost be an insult to what hiromu has been working up to since vol 17 not to mention it would be a middle finger to the fans loosing bones so much of the fma fanbase that its unbelievable and probably ending with the series undubbed and unfinished (pauses for breath) any way i really want to see edwin fluf i love that pairing its just so cute and true. just look at their relationship then look me in the eye and say there is no love there.

btw: OMG celeste i love yor sig its so ownage for words
Artixte
I know, but i think it's fun to come up with the possibilites. Either way, I'm wicked excited for how it's gonna start and end biggrin.gif
lunneth
i know what your talkin about. series 2 will be awsome. anywho i just hope that if ed is still in it tat he will be played by vic and besides ed is alittle older now so vic will be perfectly suited for the role. i really want it to be dubbed as soon as the new series is made. so here's hoping for spring 2009 maybe 2010 tongue.gif happy.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif
Emily_BrokenAngel
Besides Edwin??

Well I think the Royai its for sure too n.n
Also...

Ling and RanFa
Al and Mei mei
Hohenheim and Trisha? (duh xD)

Wheeeee Edwin!!!
I really want to see the part where Winry wants to shoot Scar and Ed protects her X33
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
well from what i have read from everyone else on this post i have to say that everyone else have said what i wanted to say and i don't think that repeating it again will help at all. happy.gif
edo little kid
I want see

Havoc & Lust

Dani & Maria .
Aureinne
I hope there will be AlxMei and LingxRan-fan. X3 Makes me wonder how they are going to insert the Xing plot on the anime...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.