Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hard Hard Chooce To Make
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga
DNA
Ok I have a Hard Chooce. Should I get all the FMA'S that i'm missing or start D. Grey Man or something?
Little Washu
Choice, not Chooce, first of all.

You can read FMA and D. Grey Man online(actually, most any manga...), no real need to buy them, unless you're incapable of using google.

"FMA Manga read online"

That should get you somewhere.
DNA
I know, but Kari posts rapid Fire and i'm to lazy googleing google. besides I want to get my manga Line Increased
Fushi
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 22 2008, 11:34 PM) *
no real need to buy them,

Except, you know, it's legal and supports an industry and some people prefer having hard copies...
DNA
exactlly. read an Article about that myself actually when I was looking for L Change the World Spoilers
Little Washu
^I guess. But hey? Who am I to tell him what to do? I prefer to buy, personally. And if he does as well, then first, I tell me DNA, how much of FMA do you own now? The next volume wont come out until October, so no real rush. And I don't really like D. Grey Man so I dunno how many volumes of that are out.
DNA
umm...2,3, and 4..

I read wikipedia to stay updated...

Oh and 9
Little Washu
...not going in any particular order I see. Well, which do you prefer? I mean, I would choose FMA, but that's just because I dislike D. Grey Man.
DNA
Wel not that one persay. Just start a new Manga in general

What should I pick?
Little Washu
Well...the FMA manga get's boring a bit fast. Quite a few people have left it. What genre would you be interested in otherwise?
Fushi
QUOTE(DNA @ Aug 22 2008, 11:51 PM) *
Wel not that one persay. Just start a new Manga in general

What should I pick?

Rozen Maiden.
DNA
Something Sci-Fi Esque or something like that..
Little Washu
Sci-fi eh? Maybe some of the .hack// series. Though, those can be hard to understand if you haven't played the games or watched any of the anime.

Yozakura Quartet deals with ghosts and the like, and xxxHOLiC is sort of sci-fi-ish.
Fushi
QUOTE(DNA @ Aug 22 2008, 11:58 PM) *
Something Sci-Fi Esque or something like that..

Supernatural count? B|
Little Washu
Maybe Blood+ or Once Upon a Glashma as well...

I don't read much sci-fi. I'm more of a slice-of-life sort of person. Sci-fi though...Negima! might have some traits, and is a personal favorite of mine.
DNA
yes supernatural too

I Guess I'll try Holic, Blood +, can I have some more Ideas?
Fushi
QUOTE(DNA @ Aug 23 2008, 12:07 AM) *
yes supernatural too

Then I stand by my previous suggestion of living killer dolls with supernatural powers. B|
Little Washu
QUOTE(DNA @ Aug 22 2008, 11:07 PM) *
I Guess I'll try Holic

Just make sure when you're looking for it, look in x, because it's xxxHOLiC.

I can't think of any more...Chobits might be considered sci-fi.
Omamori
DNA-kun! Long time, no talk! You're normally in the Roleplay boards; must be bored, eh?

Anyway, it's spelled D.Gray-Man; not D. Grey-Man or however which way you guys had spelled it before (the character in my icon and signature is from said series).

If you're looking for supernatural, try Mushishi, though it isn't one of those action-packed, Shounen manga that are so popular. It's well-told, interesting, and quite creepy, in a few chapters. Heh.

Another one, if you're a fan of the Twilight Zone, you would also like is Nightmare Inspector: Yumekui Kenbun. It's a Shoujo manga published by VIZ (who also publish FMA) and is full of horror, suspense, twists and turns, and darkness. Some chapters are quite bloody (nightmares, you know) and it has a bit of a Gothic theme, but, overall, a great, suspense manga that leaves you thinking.

Sci-Fi? ...I just started reading Gin Tama, a manga about aliens ruling Japan (or the earth; I can't remember) and samurai are out of work everywhere due to the sword ban and, well, just look up the rest on Wikipedia. It's quite amusing.

That's all I have for now. Heh.
Mat-Mat
Well, if you want to start reading D.Gray-Man, go ahead, but if you're looking for a manga with some sci-fi in it, why not Code Geass or Eureka Seven? I know you've already seen the series of Code Geass (avatar and siggie give it away) but the manga is really cool. Also, if you're looking for anything else sci-fi, you could always try Witchblade, although I'm not a big fan of it. I really don't know if you've read any of these, so I guess that's all I can give you. Haha XD
Popogeejo
How is choosing a new manga series hard?
Look at different chapters online, find something you like and start that.
Also helps if you buy volumes in order but that's stupidly obvious.

Super Natural:
Berserk,
Mushishi,
Rozen Maiden.

Sci-Fi:
Any of the Neon Genesis spin offs (Girlfriend of Steel, Angelic days),
Nay want to start the TTGL manga,
Mai-Hime/Otome although they're kind of stupid.

I know, but Kari posts rapid Fire and i'm to lazy googleing google.

What?
Kari_Neko

I don't get it either,even when I'm the said person sleep.gif
Fushi
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 23 2008, 10:29 AM) *
Super Natural:
Berserk,
Mushishi,
Rozen Maiden.

This man knows his stuff. B|
Sagara
I sugest you to keep going whit FMA but if you want to read something else I recomend the manga of Bersek or D.Gray Man.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 23 2008, 09:29 AM) *

What?

He mentioned he RPs a lot, and Kari does as well. So I'm assuming he meant she replies fast.
Kari_Neko
............................That's because I type fast. <.< anyway I think you would like D Gray Man so try it,or you can try something else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.