Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New FMA VA's
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Little Washu
As instructed, a topic all it's own for the VAs.

I'm still unsure as to who should be who.
Tris the Reaper
Confound it, you beat me to it. *grumbles*
Popogeejo
Keep most of the old cast. They were fine.
For Pride's true form Norio Wakamoto (yes, I am fond of him)
Whoever did Chiyo-chan for Mei Chan. "Alchemy's so fun, Alchemy's so fun, now let's take a break and see what we have done~ Yay! It's ready!"
Little Washu
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 22 2008, 04:06 PM) *
Whoever did Chiyo-chan for Mei Chan. "Alchemy's so fun, Alchemy's so fun, now let's take a break and see what we have done~ Yay! It's ready!"

I mentioned that in the other thread, Jessica Boone.

And Sakaki for Lan/Ran-fan.
Popogeejo
I meant for Japanese voices, unless Jessica boone did the Jap Dub...
Little Washu
Oh, well in that case, maybe for Lan-fan's Japanese VA, I think Yu Kobayashi.
Speedo
Japanese I dont now..........but for English I think they should all stay the same especially Laura Bayley for Lusts voice it just suits perfectly het personification..
Little Washu
^Laura Baily does do a good job.

As for Al...I don't know. I've heard Aaron Dismuke try to do the Al voice recently. Not gonna happen.
MidgetinGlasses
Paku Romi for Edward and Kugimiya Rie for Alphonse! Which is a sort of given among Japanese dub fans.

What about Ling? He reminds me of Kenshin...goofy and carefree one moment and tough the next...but I think the manga fans would probably die if a Japanese Kenshin-like woman's voice did Ling. Then what about Richard Hayworth for Ling's English voice?
Tris the Reaper
Laura Bayley

Baily

Bailey*
Little Washu
QUOTE(MidgetinGlasses @ Aug 23 2008, 10:16 PM) *
What about Ling? He reminds me of Kenshin...goofy and carefree one moment and tough the next...but I think the manga fans would probably die if a Japanese Kenshin-like woman's voice did Ling. Then what about Richard Hayworth for Ling's English voice?

Actually, quite a few woman do men's voices in Japan. I personally like Ryoko Shiraishi, Yu Kobayashi and Ai Orikasa.

I think Ling is a Johny Young Bosch character. I always imagined that voice for him. Possibly Dave Wittenberg(my personal favorite~). But I assume FUNimation will grab it, and I've never heard either of them in a FUNimation dub...

For Mei's English voice, I think Alison Viktorin. Maybe Luci Christian(probably spelled wrong...).

And for Ran-fan, I think Christine Auben. She did Sakaki in Azumanga Daioh. Problem being, she also did Izumi. Though, I couldn't tell the difference, so maybe...

@Tris- I always seem to spell her name wrong...it took me forever to spell Mignogna(that's still probably wrong...)
Saving_Grace
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 23 2008, 11:34 AM) *
^Laura Baily does do a good job.

As for Al...I don't know. I've heard Aaron Dismuke try to do the Al voice recently. Not gonna happen.

I hope they don't have a woman playing Al in the English dub. Women voicing guys/boys in animation really distracts me, because 90% they sound like, well, women. I notice it all the time. That's pretty much the main reason why I couldn't tolerate FMA in Japanese (I still love Romi Paku though!).

Little Washu
Well you better get used to it, because if it is dubbed, there's a really high chance Al's voice will be female.
MidgetinGlasses
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 23 2008, 11:20 PM) *

Actually, quite a few woman do men's voices in Japan. I personally like Ryoko Shiraishi, Yu Kobayashi and Ai Orikasa.

I know that a lot of women voice men in Japan...I think even Goku was voiced by a woman at one point or another, but I'm not quite sure...but the majority of FMA fans seem to want a male voice for Ling rather than a female voice. I dunno, I kind of always pictured Ling talking in Kenshin's Japanese voice and occasionally going 'Oro?' .____.

Ran Fan sounds about right with Izumi's voice, but perhaps a bit lighter or younger. Mei Chan should have a typical kid's voice, without diverging into a high-pitched insanely cute voice. Unfortunately, she will probably end up that way.

Excuse the lack of names, I don't know many voice actors...;____;

Now, what about the Xing character that nobody cares about--old man Fu? biggrin.gif
Saving_Grace
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 25 2008, 08:38 AM) *
Well you better get used to it, because if it is dubbed, there's a really high chance Al's voice will be female.

Yeah, you're probably right. It just irks me!! dry.gif
Naivete

That's logical, considering Al's voice should be around the same pitch as a 10 year old's. How many 10 year old boys do you know have deep, manly voices?
Aele
I think Chris Patton should do the voice of Ling. It would bring back some of the old Greed in my opinion happy.gif
Little Washu
^I'm sticking by my Johny Young Bosch as Ling. It fits so well~

Vic is definitely coming back to reclaim his role as Ed. And here's hoping the others come back too. But, Aaron probably wont. If we're lucky, he'll be the only non-returning one. I'm too used to their first voices.
FailToImpress
I do hope most of the English dub va's come back, I liked them. If they have different voices, they'll seem like completely different characters. Depending on the story of the new series, that could be a good or bad thing.

I can understand Al having a different one, there's no other way to do it.
Ailuro
What about Ling? He reminds me of Kenshin...goofy and carefree one moment and tough the next...but I think the manga fans would probably die if a Japanese Kenshin-like woman's voice did Ling.

Ling is way too GAR for that kind of voice. *_*
Fushi
Tomokazu Seki for Ling.

Just because for some reason, I can really see the voice that guy used for Gilgamesh in the Fate/Stay Night anime fitting at least Greed!Ling. Then again I could always just be crazy... Judge for yourself (warning: contains spoilers for F/SN. Gilgamesh is the guy in gold armor. He doesn't speak again after Caster gets IMPALED so you can stop there if you want)

Plus Seki's a well seasoned voice actor with a ton of experience and an huge variety of different roles under his belt. (and I really mean different. Compare some of his voices sometime) He would be a great addition to the cast.

...plus Ling looks like one of Seki's more famous characters, Chichiri.

EDIT:
As for English voice, I WILL ACCEPT NOTHING OTHER THAN THIS YOU HEAR ME?
Causmicfire
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 26 2008, 09:37 PM) *
^I'm sticking by my Johny Young Bosch as Ling. It fits so well~

Vic is definitely coming back to reclaim his role as Ed. And here's hoping the others come back too. But, Aaron probably wont. If we're lucky, he'll be the only non-returning one. I'm too used to their first voices.

At the recent FMA panel at AX2008 Vic, Caitlin,and Sonny all said they'd be more than willing to work on FMA again if they got the chance.
Envy-chan
Ling
English- David Gallagher (Riku from KH2)
Japanese- Hideo Ishikawa (Leon from KH2)

Couldn't find anyone for Lan Fan or Mei Chan...
Havanese
QUOTE(Envy-chan @ Sep 11 2008, 04:58 PM) *
Ling
English- David Gallagher (Riku from KH2)
Japanese- Hideo Ishikawa (Leon from KH2)

Couldn't find anyone for Lan Fan or Mei Chan...

Hmm, really? I personally think that Ling needs a less serious voice. Ling can be pretty goofy at times, especially when he's smiling -- which is like 90% of the time. tongue.gif I love Ling.
Envy-chan
Well, I was just thinking like pitch of voice or how his voice sounds. VAs can easily make them more happy or depressed.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Havanese @ Sep 11 2008, 06:10 PM) *
Hmm, really? I personally think that Ling needs a less serious voice. Ling can be pretty goofy at times, especially when he's smiling -- which is like 90% of the time. tongue.gif I love Ling.

That's why I say Johnny Young Bosch(Ichigo from Bleach).

Also, there's a boy is my Global History class who sounds almost identical to how Aaron Dismuke used to sound. Too bad he can't get the role...
Amethyst Sunset
I for one also hope that most (if not all) the old seiyuu and VAs return. They all did wonderful jobs with their characters. But yeah, Aaron Dismuke coming back as Al...it's a long shot, and it might not happen. Perhaps they could find another boy to mimic Aaron's Al voice...but if they have to use a woman, we can't blame them. Besides, didn't Kugimiya Rie do a great Al?

For Ling...I'm thinking Fukuyama Jun, for some reason. XDDDDD For English, either Johnny Yong Bosch OR Chris Patton (yeah, for that Greed vibe). Come to think of it, if you want that Greed vibe in Japanese, we could have Suwabe Junichi. =D

Wait, what if they got to Olivier? I think Minagawa Junko would be perfect for that role (she was Cornelia in Code Geass). In English...nah, Colleen Clinkenbeard already has her hands full with Riza and Rose. And chances are high that Funimation will claim FMA. Not that I'm complaining; Funi's FMA dub was excellent, and I'm sure they can do it again.
lunneth
id like to see greg ayres as lin i really think it would suit him and for any new characters christian ayre would do great. tabitha st germain would do well as lanfan and for olivia then maybe coleen clinkenbeard
AA battery
If Saiga Mitsuki weren't already dubbing for Maria Ross, I think she works for Ranfun... actually, her voice maybe too low for Ranfun... perhaps Olivier? 8D *loves Saiga Mitsuki to pieces and wants to hear more of her*

as for Ling, I don't know, I think Namikawa Daisuke works... Picture Fay from Tsubasa 8D I also think Fukuyama Jun works (like what Amethyst said) XDDDD "Himawari-chaaaaaaan~"

As for Mei... any loli voice actresses would do... it would be totally awesome if Kugimiya Rie does it too XD (highly unlikely) then we'd get to hear her talk with a shouta's voice and a loli's voice in the same episode 8D

Too bad I won't comment on FMA English dub, because I dislike Vic so I don't watch anything he dubs if I know in advance (and I almost, never, watch Eng dub anyway, unless it was playing on TV and I happen to be near it)
juliee
QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ Sep 13 2008, 11:10 PM) *
For Ling...I'm thinking Fukuyama Jun, for some reason. XDDDDD

Hahaha same here XD
It would be so awesomeee if they got him biggrin.gif

I really hope they keep the OG Japanese voice actors >_<
I can't imagine another Ed [or Al!]<3

I hope the drawings don't change too much too T3T
xiaopeapod
For me, as long as they kept the old cast for all the characters that I've appeared in the anime than I am happy. This is not impossible to do, right?
Little Washu
QUOTE(xiaopeapod @ Oct 2 2008, 09:26 AM) *
This is not impossible to do, right?

Of course it is. Not ALL the actors can come back. Assuming you're talking about the dub, then Al's voice will be changed, and if we're lucky, Ed's will be too.
edxwinryfan
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Oct 2 2008, 03:31 PM) *
QUOTE(xiaopeapod @ Oct 2 2008, 09:26 AM) *
This is not impossible to do, right?

Of course it is. Not ALL the actors can come back. Assuming you're talking about the dub, then Al's voice will be changed, and if we're lucky, Ed's will be too.

There is nothing wrong with Ed's voice in the dub, Vic did an awesome job.
Little Washu
QUOTE(edxwinryfan @ Oct 2 2008, 12:35 PM) *

Many, MANY others will disagree. Vic Mignogna's a fruitcake. He's waaay to obsessed with Ed. In fact, I think he may think he IS Ed. Also, a pile of dirt has more talent than him. The only reason I would even consider having him do Ed again would be because I wouldn't want to get used to a new voice.
hihi1998
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Oct 2 2008, 12:50 PM) *
QUOTE(edxwinryfan @ Oct 2 2008, 12:35 PM) *

Many, MANY others will disagree. Vic Mignogna's a fruitcake. He's waaay to obsessed with Ed. In fact, I think he may think he IS Ed. Also, a pile of dirt has more talent than him. The only reason I would even consider having him do Ed again would be because I wouldn't want to get used to a new voice.

Haha nicely said! Although I actually think that Vic did a decent job as Ed, I do see your point of view and, in a way, I actually agree. That's really funny the way you put it though. happy.gif

Oh yeah I'm new here. I think this is my first time posting....I've been looking at the forums for a little while though...
edxwinryfan
I just want Caitlin Glass and Vic Mignogna back for the dub, because there is so much more EdxWin in the manga and i think that Vic and Caitlin are great VA'S for Ed and Winry. smile.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE(edxwinryfan @ Oct 3 2008, 08:53 AM) *
I just want Caitlin Glass and Vic Mignogna back for the dub, because there is so much more EdxWin in the manga and i think that Vic and Caitlin are great VA'S for Ed and Winry. smile.gif

Of course they'll get the roles(sadly). Both of them are greedy. Notice they have the main roles together in lots of anime? In Shuffle! Vic even played as her dad. And in Negima!, she gave herself about 4 main roles. Even in the upcoming OHSHC they gave themselves Tamaki and Haruhi, even though neither of them fit the characters.
daggertrepe
Christine Auten is pretty talented with voice acting, so I'm pretty sure she could do a younger Izumi. They'd better get her to do it or I'll be mad. dry.gif
Little Washu
^I thought she'd be good as Lan-fan.
Rinslet
I would cry if the original cast changes too much, even if i did'nt like some of the character's voices, it's still THEIR voice and a change would bother me more than the original voice.

QUOTE(AA battery @ Sep 23 2008, 12:38 PM) *
As for Mei... any loli voice actresses would do... it would be totally awesome if Kugimiya Rie does it too XD (highly unlikely) then we'd get to hear her talk with a shouta's voice and a loli's voice in the same episode 8D

ahaha i was thinking that too laugh.gif but i would be happy with any not-so-loud loli voice actress (please no Yui Horie!)
lunneth
QUOTE (juliee @ Oct 1 2008, 04:34 PM) *
QUOTE (Amethyst Sunset @ Sep 13 2008, 11:10 PM) *
For Ling...I'm thinking Fukuyama Jun, for some reason. XDDDDD

Hahaha same here XD
It would be so awesomeee if they got him biggrin.gif

I really hope they keep the OG Japanese voice actors >_<
I can't imagine another Ed [or Al!]<3

I hope the drawings don't change too much too T3T

hopefully yoshiyuki ito will still do the drawings.
edo little kid
Me too >< !!!
lunneth
i still think that greg ayres should get it for ling. he does quite a bit for funi and has been several main charas such as negi, kosuke in spiral and bedo in fma. he'd do well. seriously if you havent heard his voice for kosuke asazuki in spiral go check it out

HOLY .... YOSHIYUKI IS NOT DOIN THE DRAWINS NO FRIGIN WAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
DUDE CMON THIS IS STUPID. well i guess we will have to liv wiv it angry.gif

hang on a sec why are people sayin vic an caitlin are greedy they didn't cast negima and vic wasn't in that. oh wait are you talkin a bout the 2nd series of negima
spectator
I wonder who will cast the voice for Armstrong's sister. It will be very interesting.
Archiver
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Aug 24 2008, 04:20 PM) *
I think Ling is a Johny Young Bosch character. I always imagined that voice for him. Possibly Dave Wittenberg(my personal favorite~). But I assume FUNimation will grab it, and I've never heard either of them in a FUNimation dub...

Funny, now that you mention it, I could definitely see Johny doing that.

As for all the old cast, I want to see all of them back. They are just so loveable, it wouldn't be FMA without them. I'm hoping Aaron can pull of Alphonse, since he did a fantastic job the firs time round.
BloodRed Alchemist
The original cast was awesome so those original character's voices should stay the same. As for new characters,I do agree w/ the Johnny Young Bosch for Ling but I also like the idea of Jason Liebrecht. Also for Riza's friend Becky I think Monica Rial if she uses her Nyamo(Azumanga Daioh) voice w/more excitement. Luci Christian for LanFan is good too. Maybe Brandon Potter or J. Michael Tatum for Miles.

xXdark_angel_nekoXx
well as for me i really don't mind who the voice actors are going to be. smile.gif as long as they keep al and eds the same (japanese dub wise)
Hagaren_4ever
Well, I don't care WHO the voice actor for Ling or any of the other Xing people are specificly, but I'm a bit concerned as to HOW they will voice them. It is mentioned in the manga that the Xingese accent. I'm going to assume that that sounds mostly like a chinese accent, but how thick of an accent are we talking? I don't want them to over-exaggerate it....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.